Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Smile Great day

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
I haven't been posting much because I was getting so discouraged the past few days. The scale wasn't budging from last week's WI, and I thought I had thrown myself out of ketosis when I went out to Blackhawk (Like a mini-Las Vegas here in Colorado) with a friend on Sunday. We had a buffet dinner, and I did my best to stay OP, but the veggies tasted like they were buttered.

Anyway though. This morning, the scale finally jumped 2.5 pounds down. And I feel great all around. Now I am so motivated again. It's a good day.
I also won some money gambling, and so I put it aside for new clothes. I may buy one dress in my goal size to have something new to work towards.

On another note, I have a NSV to report. Since I started, I have been planning a cheat day in mid-July. This week is the first week when I thought about it, and instead of getting excited and impatient for it to come, actually think I wont do it anymore because I really don't want the food bad enough to ruin a week of the diet.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #47  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
I haven't been posting much because I was getting so discouraged the past few days. The scale wasn't budging from last week's WI, and I thought I had thrown myself out of ketosis when I went out to Blackhawk (Like a mini-Las Vegas here in Colorado) with a friend on Sunday. We had a buffet dinner, and I did my best to stay OP, but the veggies tasted like they were buttered.

Anyway though. This morning, the scale finally jumped 2.5 pounds down. And I feel great all around. Now I am so motivated again. It's a good day.
I also won some money gambling, and so I put it aside for new clothes. I may buy one dress in my goal size to have something new to work towards.

On another note, I have a NSV to report. Since I started, I have been planning a cheat day in mid-July. This week is the first week when I thought about it, and instead of getting excited and impatient for it to come, actually think I wont do it anymore because I really don't want the food bad enough to ruin a week of the diet.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Awesome! I agree as much as at times I'd like to have a cheat, in the long run now worth it
Old 06-28-2011, 03:24 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbykitty1126 View Post
Has anyone else noticed they are getting severely dry skin?? My face is especially very very dry and I am breaking out. I get paper cuts very easily and always wake up with a very dry throat. I have a 32oz water bottle I carry with me always and I fill it up at least 4 times a day so I am getting double the recommended daily water
Abby!!! YES!!! It took me up until yesterday (reading about ketosis) to realize that is probably what it it! My face is beyond dry and I use the same facial cleanser and lotion as I always have my entire adult life. I also have noticed that my under arms are dry and begin to smell (slightly)-like the deoderant I apply in the morning (again same as I always have) is now not enough!!! From what I read, it can be an effect of ketosis-evaporating liquids or something, because I drink 2 56oz bottles of water daily. So weird....but i'm with ya!
Old 06-28-2011, 03:28 PM   #49  

I didn't even think of the oil!! Thank you everyone for the tips!!
Old 06-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboogs311 View Post
Abby!!! YES!!! It took me up until yesterday (reading about ketosis) to realize that is probably what it it! My face is beyond dry and I use the same facial cleanser and lotion as I always have my entire adult life. I also have noticed that my under arms are dry and begin to smell (slightly)-like the deoderant I apply in the morning (again same as I always have) is now not enough!!! From what I read, it can be an effect of ketosis-evaporating liquids or something, because I drink 2 56oz bottles of water daily. So weird....but i'm with ya!
Its driving me crazy!!! LOL But at least I know I am in ketosis then! HAHA Below a few ppl said it was because of the lack of oil.. I am going to try adding supplements
Old 06-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbykitty1126 View Post
Its driving me crazy!!! LOL But at least I know I am in ketosis then! HAHA Below a few ppl said it was because of the lack of oil.. I am going to try adding supplements
Yeah, I read that after I posted too, I think I am definitely going to pick up some flaxseed. thx
Old 06-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Laura, throw all that negativity out of the window!!! think of it as a new day, a new beginning. Don't remember all the negative things that have happened to you in the past with the losing of weight, think of ways to start a new beginning of the day. Different ways to fix different foods, different drinks, experiment! Try to keep your mind busy, read a book, maybe start a new craft or a new hobby. Get on here and post, you are thinking too much about being hungry. You have lost a good amount of weight already you don't wanna go back to seeing those numbers again. You have came a long way, YOU can do this! we are all here to support each other, use us as your sound board!!
You are right on with every word of advise you gave! It's easy to get down on ourselves but focusing on the many positives will help each of us make it through to our goal to be healthy and happy. Also, your point of trying new things, crafts, hobbies etc. has been very helpful for me. When I fill my life I don't have time to wallow (sp?) and eat for comfort or think about food all day. Don't get me wrong I still have my ups and downs, but it really does help to have different outlets. I love your positive outlook! Thank you, again, for your wonderful pick me up.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losingtime View Post
It does seem like every new situation must be conquered though. For instance, not having popcorn at the movie theatre!
That was a HUGE NSV for me: going to the movies and not getting anything to snack on. My hubby had popcorn, candy, and coke. I snuck in cucumbers! After the movie, I felt like I had really accomplished something!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyg53 View Post
Laura G,

I'm no expert at this and am only in my 4th week, so I can only offer my good wishes. And, remind you that you are not starving. Hungry yes, starving no. Words make a lot of difference and we must all remember that we will not literally starve on this plan (although it feels so from time to time). I try to not use the "starving" word and that helps me keep my mind focused and I have yet another glass of water.

Good luck!

I enjoy your positive attitude and find your participation to the forum quite refreshing. I really like having a mans perspective. No sugar coating, just straight forward facts. "We maybe hungry here and there, but we are not starving!" I love it!

Last edited by Lace and Levis; 06-28-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:28 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead14 View Post
Good morning all my wonderful IP friends!

Have a mental battle with myself and trying not to get on the scale every morning but so want to be in "onederland" by the 4th. Really trying to just trust that it works and my body will get there.

Had 2 NSV over the weekend, was at the dirt track for 4 hours didn't have one drink just a bottle of water. The next night went out with friends and drank water all night!!
Both nights I enjoyed myself and realized that going out isn't about the food and drink it is about the friends!

I am so happy for you! You did great! Your "aha" moment is so eye opening, we can enjoy ourselves and our friends without eating the wrong foods and drinks. It's not a matter we can't eat or have a few drinks. It's that we can hang out with our friends and still be healthy. It's all about adjusting our viewpoint. I'm very proud of you.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #56  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I have on a few occassions found myself sniffing my little guys bread as I make is sandwich for lunch...I mean hold up to my nose deep sniffing lol...
I put peanut butter in my dogs KONG... it smells so good, and I can smell a BBQ blocks away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyflower View Post
Hello all!!! I am certainly encouraged by everyones cheers!!!! This week is going so slow and I feel like I'm in a twilight zone at work! Not sure if its because of this diet or I would just rather be at home with my toddler!!!! There are so many moments in the day that I crave to be at home, but in reality we cannot afford it!! Anyway, I went to Target today to get something for my son and found myself walking past the food section and started thinking of all the "stuff" I cant have and started to bum out........but then I look down and realize my pants fit looser and my wedding ring comes off really easy, and I loose that funk and keep walking!! I feel so much better physically and mentally!! I am so thankful for this program!!!

I KNOW I can do this!!!! And so can YOU!!!!!!!!
I am doing weird things now when I go out and see people eating, Now I think to myself, I wonder if they really know how much calories their eating and why don't they care. Kind of hard sitting in a food court and watching people eat, but now I think about all the calories and sugar they are adding to their bodies and kind of feel sad for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace and Levis View Post
You are right on with every word of advise you gave! It's easy to get down on ourselves but focusing on the many positives will help each of us make it through to our goal to be healthy and happy. Also, your point of trying new things, crafts, hobbies etc. has been very helpful for me. When I fill my life I don't have time to wallow (sp?) and eat for comfort or think about food all day. Don't get me wrong I still have my ups and downs, but it really does help to have different outlets. I love your positive outlook! Thank you, again, for your wonderful pick me up.
I agree, you have to stay focused on the positive, as you can see I gained 4lbs this week... whatever, I did lose a whole inch in my thighs and 1/2 inch in my waist. I was a little bummed but you know what? I know I was OP all the time and it was either stress or TOM coming to cause this or both... who knows I am just happ.

It made me laugh today one of the girls at work said I looked especially thin today... laughed because my wi didn't show it.
This diet is good, it can be hard but you have to make it easy for yourself. If you are one to nibble, have you veggies but just not all of them save some to nibble on. When you most want to nibble plan an activity around it. I find if I am home I want to have something around 10pm I have a tea and water it fills that need. Chocolate chai tea is my favorite at that time. You might also want to not use a lot of splenda products, I have noticed in the last little while if I have a splenda sweetened Ice tea, I get really hungry... there has to be a trigger and I found mine you just have to find yours. Have a great OP day... as always I am OP until forever.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel83 View Post
That was a HUGE NSV for me: going to the movies and not getting anything to snack on. My hubby had popcorn, candy, and coke. I snuck in cucumbers! After the movie, I felt like I had really accomplished something!

What a great NSV! You're positive attitude and actions will be rewarded. You preplanned and look how good it feels. You should start a little journal of all your NSV's so you can go back and remind yourself of all you have accomplished. It will come in handy during the rough spots such as TOM, overcomming cravings or a negative comment someone may make, etc. You are doing AWESOME! Congratulations on your NSV!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:50 PM   #58  

S/C/G: S:222/C:195/G:135

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
Had an awesome day yesterday and now >bleh<. No motivation. Bloated. Hungry. Daydreaming about enchiladas.

Gonna chug my water this morning and go for a brisk walk to try and get myself together. Stupid hormones.
You made me laugh!! I have been daydreaming about different foods each week. Weird food that normally I don't want. One week it was McDonald nuggets. Then I wanted pizza and now I want a thick everything on it sandwich!! I pretty much tell myself to get back in the game!!

This past weekend went well but I am nervous about this up-coming weekend. I'm going out of town for the 4th and will be with people that love to eat good food. I know I can do this and these friends are really good supporters but still it is going to be difficult!!! I have a WI this afternoon and am hoping for a good lose (even though its TOM).

Good luck everyone!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #59  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Well just got up from sleeping all day as I worked my first night shift last night and I'm happy to report that I did great, better than I expected. I was worried about how I was going to eat being up all day and all night. I didn't want to over eat. But I did well. Thanks to all the advise yesterday. Now working tonight again and plan on doing the same thing. I will catch up on the daily posts tonight. Hope everybody had a great day!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:36 PM   #60  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace and Levis View Post
people always ask me why I am so positive, I tell them.....I am alive and breathing isn't that something to be positive for? Life is too short to just be sad and down on yourself. Live one day at a time, real for that goal and smile while doing it because you are going to be happier and healthier while doing so.
Closed Thread