Old 07-06-2011, 03:08 AM   #31  

thanks for sharing. this is good to know. i am glad i found this site. you guys are a great group of people.
nblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:06 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 189/160.5/145

Height: 5'6"

My IP doctor is adamantly denying that this is true! I even got "chewed" out sternly by his assistant. She said that I shouldn't be researching and looking up info on the internet let alone a forum. I merely stated that it would be a cost savings for me to replace some of my protein packets with egg whites or even egg beaters. Help! When I tried to confirm this directly through IP company via email, they referred me to my IP facility. I think I mY be losing trust in what they are telling me.

Also, has anyone's doctor told them that they need iodine pills to jump start their metabolism? if so, how did they test you for this?

At this point, I am doing great on my weight loss and this past week I've lost 3.4 lbs!
sonoio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:26 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash302 View Post
I have never heard of the propel drinks being allowed
Propel zero s 0/0/0 and sweetened with sucralose so yes it is allowed; but just like anything else, in moderation!
TWoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoio View Post
My IP doctor is adamantly denying that this is true! I even got "chewed" out sternly by his assistant. She said that I shouldn't be researching and looking up info on the internet let alone a forum. I merely stated that it would be a cost savings for me to replace some of my protein packets with egg whites or even egg beaters. Help! When I tried to confirm this directly through IP company via email, they referred me to my IP facility. I think I mY be losing trust in what they are telling me.

Also, has anyone's doctor told them that they need iodine pills to jump start their metabolism? if so, how did they test you for this?

At this point, I am doing great on my weight loss and this past week I've lost 3.4 lbs!
This website was actually recommended to me by my coach, but I had already found it on my own.

I don't think they meant that egg whites should replace a packet, just that you could eat them as an extra to get you through the day. Or they can be added to recipes without it making an impact. All I know is that my coach told me they were just made "free". It does seem that there is a lot of different information from coach to coach.

I take a kelp supplement each day, which is essetially iodine. I am blood type O and I read the blood type diet book and it said that O's should take a kelp/iodine supplement, so I started. I do have to say that I notice a difference, especially in the beginning. Lots more energy! And I would say that it did give my metabolism a boost.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #35  
started IP on 6/17/2011

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5''

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this. I asked the speaker from IP and he stated that some clinics are allowing their clients to supplement the diet with two egg whites a day that do not count. Per IP rules however, this is still not a solid "go ahead"... he also stated that while it would not hurt to add this additional protein nor should one substitute for a packet, it should not be something that is done multiple times a day. He suggested this being done in the morning with an IP packet a few times a week not more than that.
champaignsupernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:12 PM   #36  

My coach told me about supplementing with egg whites if I needed a boost, so I began experimenting by making the splenda meringue cookies, there when I feel like I need to satisfy my sweet tooth.
fannymae32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #37  

What is the splenda meringue cookie recipe?
GramEGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #38  

1/2 cup egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup Splenda no calorie
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions
Preheat oven to 250°. Arrange the oven racks so one is in the upper third and the other is in the bottom third of the oven.

Beat egg whites on medium speed of electric mixer until foamy. Add cream of tartar; continue beating until the egg whites hold soft peaks. Gradually beat in Splenda and continue to beat until the meringue holds very stiff peaks. Beat in vanilla extract. The meringue should be very smooth and have no sugar grittiness.

Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. A tiny dot of meringue under the parchment paper at each corner will keep it from moving while you work.

Spoon small mounds of meringue on the parchment paper.

Bake for 1 hour, rotating the baking sheets after 30 minutes. Take a meringue out to test. Break in half; it should be dry in the center. Turn the oven off and leave the door partially open. Leave meringues in the oven for 1 hour longer.

Makes about 24 meringue cookies.

Calories
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
0.0g
0%
Trans Fat
0.0g
Cholesterol
0mg
0%
Sodium
84mg
4%
Total Carbohydrates
0.7g
0%
Sugars
0.2g
Protein
2.2g
Old 07-06-2011, 07:41 PM   #39  

Oh you can add some instant coffee granules, or extracts to make some really tasty combos
Old 07-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 148.3/124/115

Height: 5' 1"

That sounds yummy....I am going to give it a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannymae32 View Post
Oh you can add some instant coffee granules, or extracts to make some really tasty combos
Luv a Greyhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #41  

Height: 5'6

I always hated the taste of egg whites with a passion, lol. Thought they were bland. But my brother-in-law, who's a total fitness buff, always tooted the benefits of them to me. I started to make them for my older son who's not crazy about the taste of egg yolks and he loves them. I finally tried it and they are not bad. I like to mix spinach and mushrooms in for an egg white omelet. I hard boil some for the week and eat the white only. Plus, all the protein is good for me too.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:42 AM   #42  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Well, I have 2 coaches. Yesterday the no so nice coach told me that all of the recipes using egg whites were not for phase 1 people. I am ignoring this advice as I have been using egg white recipes and am still losing.
She also told me that soy burgers were restricted, while the other coach says non restricted!
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Height: 5'4"

I've been buying egg whites on line from egg whites international.com they come frozen and can use them in different ways. Great product, works well.
niknakjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 189/160.5/145

Height: 5'6"

Question confusing information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Well, I have 2 coaches. Yesterday the no so nice coach told me that all of the recipes using egg whites were not for phase 1 people. I am ignoring this advice as I have been using egg white recipes and am still losing.
She also told me that soy burgers were restricted, while the other coach says non restricted!
Why is it that my clinic's information tends to vary from others? And, why is it that when I ask "nicely" and tell them I am merely researching that their first response is to negate/bad mouth the other sources even if they are other IP clinics?

Lastly, why is it that they don't like this discussion forum?

Is it easy to change clinics? Do they "transfer" the information if you ask??

Thanks for letting me vent
sonoio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #45  
IP start: July 3 2011

S/C/G: 133/120/110-115

Height: 5'2

Thanks for the info on the egg whites! And the meringue cookies, they sound delish!
Skurzy is offline   Reply With Quote