Old 06-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 159/150/129

Height: 5'2

I am also a slow loser. I have lost 14 pounds in 8 weeks... not impressed at all with it.

Some of the things that helped speed up a stall I had where I went a week without losing and a .2 gain is
1 - uping water intake to 100 oz
2 - I don't do any restricted items as I have a low tolerance for excessive carbs.
3 - I added a hard boiled egg white or additional package
4-I stick to the low carb veggies

This has made me lose, but again frustrated as it isn't as much as I think it should be according to the strict eating plan I follow.

WW - Is NOT for me. I couldn't be bothered to add points, I also know that my body loves to store sugar as fat... and ww doesn't make that distinction.

The broth could be adding carbs, yes it is only 2 carbs, but it could be what is doing it.

Sugar free jello also contains hidden carbs - again approx two, it is also made with aspartame which can make you body have the same response to sugar. ( I apologize if your brand is made with spelnda-I haven't very little tolerance for carbs, and have to be super careful with it.

Just for one week give up the jello and broth. See if you have an improvement.

I know I am not willing to throw in the towel, and find what "tweeks" work for me.
Thefireresides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:36 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Height: 5'2"

I will try giving up the jello too. I just thought it was ok because it was 0cal 0fat 0carbs.
I also bought Ketone strips to test to see if I was in Ketosis. I have tested everyday since Sunday and I got nothing. Could this jello be keeping me out of Ketosis?
Bickel83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:46 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 178.4/150.7/125

Height: 5'

Thank you for all the support and advice. I will defintely consider making some changes. I start summer vacation next week so I will have more time to better plan my meals and maybe eat more often throughout the day and increase my water! I can't believe people are taking in 100oz a day! WOW way to go!!
Thangs again for the support...thats why I love this site!
megabismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #19  
Space Hamster

S/C/G: 175... 145/135/120

Height: 5'1"

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but my coach (and I think I have seen it on here too with talking about alternative foods and diet sodas and such), aspartame is a big no-no on this diet. For many people, the chemicals in it push them out of ketosis. So double check to make sure that what you are having doesn't contain aspartame/phenylalanine.
WijitingBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:10 PM   #20  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel83 View Post
I will try giving up the jello too. I just thought it was ok because it was 0cal 0fat 0carbs.
I also bought Ketone strips to test to see if I was in Ketosis. I have tested everyday since Sunday and I got nothing. Could this jello be keeping me out of Ketosis?
It's probably made with aspartame, which can affect ketosis.
cajunladybug22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:38 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 171.8/162.2

Height: 5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by megabismom View Post
I have been on ip for 5 weeks now. I have only lost 13 lbs. My weightloss has been super slow. I have followed the diet, no cheats! Tomorrow is actually my weigh in and the scale hasn't budged since last week. My counselors really don't offer any advice. I feel rushed every time I have a weigh in. They just suspect I cheat...and I don't. Does anyone have any advice, what can I be overlooking?
This is really tough on my finances, and if I keep going on this track I am not going to be able to afford this diet.
I guess I need words of wisdom because I am really feeling down.
My goal was to lose 50lbs...

Thanks
Don't worry hangin there. I have been on IP for 10 weeks now and have lost 24lbs, but the inches are more incrdiable, a total of 28.5 inches... it will come. 2 lbs a week is actually good loss for a diet.
40andfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:53 PM   #22  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

One point about the ketostix... with how much water we drink while on IP many people will only register trace (or nothing) on a stick. Don't get too disheartened by them-- try to use the other indicators to figure out if you are in ketosis.

Last edited by Lucky Chick; 06-23-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Lucky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:14 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

13 lbs in 5 weeks is almost 3 lbs a week and just about on target. You should be proud of your progress although I do understand the frustration!

Here are some thoughts:

- Are you getting enough protein for you? Are you hungry throughout the day? My Coach told me from the start that it is very important for me not to be hungry. She recommended the following as snacks but only if needed: celery, hard boiled eggs (preferably the whites only), cooked ham (no sugar, low sodium), dill pickles;

- I don't know if you use them but I found that the Spry gum and Crystal Light slowed my weight loss - I eliminated the gum and tried to have the Crystal light as weekend treats;

- Try limiting your restricteds (for example, only on Friday and the weekends for the bars, ridges, chili, spaghetti);

- You could try the Omega 3 supplements and the digestive enzymes to see if they will help you;

- Try adding hot herbal tea a couple of times per day;

- Try taking a walk every day (if you don't already);

- Heavy exercising might slow/stall weight loss;

I actually found that on days when I ate a bit more, I was more likely to see a drop in the scale the next day.

I also found that when I wasn't losing lbs, I was still losing inches...

Good luck to you!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 06-23-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:37 PM   #24  
Space Hamster

S/C/G: 175... 145/135/120

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
One point about the ketostix... with how much water we drink while on IP many people will only register trace (or nothing) on a stick. Don't get too disheartened by them-- try to use the other indicators to figure out if you are in ketosis.
What are the other indicators of being in ketosis?
WijitingBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:23 PM   #25  
AnitaNewBody

S/C/G: S172/C155/G150

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by megabismom View Post
Thank you for all the support and advice. I will defintely consider making some changes. I start summer vacation next week so I will have more time to better plan my meals and maybe eat more often throughout the day and increase my water! I can't believe people are taking in 100oz a day! WOW way to go!!
Thangs again for the support...thats why I love this site!
I work in office setting with men....being the only female it is hard to excuse yourself to use the bathroom all the time. I have a small bladder .. really just move the water cooler into the bathroom and I will recycle in / out. The water is a bit much but may be the thing that makes me a slow loser/winner but not willing to spend more time in the john than necessary.
Anitanewdiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:40 PM   #26  
skp

Height: 5'8"

Good to know. I have used them and only seen negative or trace.
skp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:48 PM   #27  
skp

sounds like you are doing all the right things. Maybe now that school is over things will change for you. Try to stay hopeful and, I agree, try the tape measure.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #28  
skp

My coach said no diet soda.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:50 PM   #29  
skp

Dill pickles are my salvation. One can hold me over until a meal. I also put raw veggies in with the pickles and keep in the fridge.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #30  
Reema

S/C/G: 155/131/115

Height: 4"10'

I had my weigh in today gained 1 pound. I am 132. I have been in 130's forever. I couldn't control myself today I just started crying so loud in front of everyone there. It was frustrating!!!!!

I don't know what to do!!!! I definitely don't want to give up!!!! I have only 16 more pounds to go and I am not giving up!!!!

Current Weight- 131
Height- 4"10'
Goal - 115

She told me to eat the restricted food in the morning. Lessen the olive oil in half in veggies and salads. I an going to try and see what happens next week!

YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO IS GOING THROUGH THIS MY FRIEND SOME OF US INCLUDING MYSELF ARE ON THE SAME BOAT! Let's encourage each other and don't give up!!!!!!

It did not take us one day to gain this weight....so it is definitely not going to take us 1 day to loose all the fat!

Good Luck,
Reema
Reema is offline   Reply With Quote