Old 06-21-2011, 09:42 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Height: 5'2"

I tried this last night with Lemon pudding. Mine turned out more like souffles than cakes. I may have blended the egg white too long. Or maybe needed less egg all together. Any thoughts on what went wrong? Also, has anyone added splenda or other sweeteners to the receipe? It seems it was missing a little sweetness.
Bickel83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:59 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Bickel- they are not exactly "cake" consistancy like you & I think of real cake. It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong. I have also found with the lemon I need to cook it a little bit longer, not sure why.

I have not added any sweeteners to them as they are sweet enough for me. One thing I have thought of is adding a little bit of fresh lemon juice to the lemon, but so far have not done it.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

Yumm!! Thanks for the recipe. I thought they were very much like a creampuff. I used the vanilla pudding and added some stevia - about a 1/2 tsp. Then I used a mini muffin pan. I split them in two and put my cooked zucchini/rhubarb mixture on top - mmmmm....tasted like pie!!! I think they would be great with pudding in them - just use 1/2 the pudding to make the muffins and put the rest of it in them. With a little WF jam or syrup on top would be a yummy treat!
jd447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:20 PM   #19  
Space Hamster

S/C/G: 175... 145/135/120

Height: 5'1"

Definitely going to have to try this.
The vanilla with cinnamon sounds yummy (I love coffee cake type stuff).

Jordanna - how did the strawberry/vanilla swirl turn out?

Also, anyone try the banana one yet? Wondering if it will seem like banana bread.

Thanks for posting this. I had tried the oatmeal cookies recipe (but I think the maple over powers everything and I am not big on maple) and only kind of liked the chocolate pancake cake things.
WijitingBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #20  

S/C/G: S:222/C:195/G:135

Height: 5'3"

This was great!! I tried it last night...I also wasn't fond of the chocolate pudding and was trying to figure out how to use them. I did have to mix for a while to get rid of the clumps but they turned out great! I did feel like I was getting something bad for dinner I am buying the lemon pudding tonight and will try the cake recipe but the muffins were amazing!! Thank you again for posting!!
Timetolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:43 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WijitingBoo View Post
Definitely going to have to try this.
The vanilla with cinnamon sounds yummy (I love coffee cake type stuff).

Jordanna - how did the strawberry/vanilla swirl turn out?

Also, anyone try the banana one yet? Wondering if it will seem like banana bread.

Thanks for posting this. I had tried the oatmeal cookies recipe (but I think the maple over powers everything and I am not big on maple) and only kind of liked the chocolate pancake cake things.

The strawberry needs to be cooked longer than the chocolate does so it was a bit eggier than hoped but I'll keep experimenting. I was going to do the vanilla spice cake for lunch today and I was thinking of doing the butterscotch with pumkin pie spice soon too...
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:05 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Got any idea if the chocolate drink would work? I don't have any puddings left and since I don't have a coach any more I can't switch them. These sound so yummy!
AprilH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:33 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Maybe I will get a box of chocolate and see if I like it better as a cake than I do as straight pudding. Banana would certainly be interesting, but I am not committed enough to the flavor to buy a whole box.

Not sure if the chocolate drink would work. I am not enough of a cook or baker to actually do experiments on my own. I am more of a "follow a recipe" kind of girl. I guess you could try it and see what happens.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:37 PM   #24  
banned

I know that I've had zucchini cake before I started program. I wonder if there is someway to tweak things a little bit to make these into chocolate zucchini cupcakes. It might also help with the texture too!
3FCuser2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:41 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I guess I'll just give it a try! I'll let you know if it works!
AprilH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Made chocolate cinnamon cake for lunch...SO GOOD! Might try strawberry vanilla swirl tonight...mix half pkg of vanilla & half pkg of strawberry and mix each with one egg, 1/2 tsp of vanilla and 1 oz of water and then swirl them in the mini loaf pan before cooking
These sound so yummy! I wonder how a chocolate/banana swirl would taste? I love banana bread muffins w/ chocolate chips. Maybe this would be similar! Thanks, everybody, for the great ideas! Doing some baking tonight!!
pselias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:57 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 232.9/187/165

Height: 5'8"

This is a great recipe. I made the butterscotch and put WF Marshmallow Creme on as the "ICING" SOOO GOOOD!!
lakerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:01 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehd View Post
I know that I've had zucchini cake before I started program. I wonder if there is someway to tweak things a little bit to make these into chocolate zucchini cupcakes. It might also help with the texture too!
I've made these with grated zucchini, it's a good way to get in veggies for people like me who can't stand them. I've also put stewed rhubarb at the bottom of the pan and made a rhubarb upside down cake.

I usually add one pack of the splenda coffee sweeteners in French Vanilla flavour, it gives it a bit of an angel food cake flavour.

It's the best to experiment with, I've stuffed them with tons of different walden farms products or would spoon a bit on top. delish.
Bretley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:11 PM   #29  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretley View Post
I've made these with grated zucchini, it's a good way to get in veggies for people like me who can't stand them. I've also put stewed rhubarb at the bottom of the pan and made a rhubarb upside down cake.

I usually add one pack of the splenda coffee sweeteners in French Vanilla flavour, it gives it a bit of an angel food cake flavour.

It's the best to experiment with, I've stuffed them with tons of different walden farms products or would spoon a bit on top. delish.

yum. I will definitely give these all a try!
3FCuser2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Smile Yum!

Thank you so much for this recipe!!! I just finished using the vanilla with poppy seeds for breakfast! So good! I was missing poppy seed muffins and this was just what I needed. Next I think Dark chocolate cinnamon.... yum.
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote