Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 05:13 PM   #46  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta Catarina View Post
I guess this would be an NSV - this morning I was thinking about my coworkers. They're both naturally very thin and very type-A hyperactive. Neither of them really eat meals - they just snack on stuff all day. There's always a bag of sweet things and a bag of salty snacks lying around to munch on. Yesterday I was looking at them laying there and my head was trying to tell me that I wanted one SO BAD! But then I stopped and listened to my body, and it could really care less! My sugar cravings are almost gone now and it's just my habits I need to kick in the butt!

It's an amazing feeling now to know when I am hungry and when I am not, and when I am actually hungry I'm craving a real meal, not just my next sugar fix. I never thought I would be able to change that!

Knowing this will make going to the movies tonight without a big box of candy so much easier!

Hope everyone has a great day and stay strong!
Great job!! The mental part is such a huge victory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wygirl View Post
Hi all! I am new here. I've been reading for about a week, but just signed up today so that I can post (and I will head over to the intro. thread after this and post an official intro.).

Today marks my first week on IP. I was really strict and was thrilled to discover this morning that I lost 8 pounds my first week! I started out at 184. My goal is 130. I know the weight isn't going to come off that quickly every week, but it was really motivating for me to keep going!

Looking forward to "meeting" the other regulars here!
Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I lost 8.5 lbs for my first week back . Happy to be back in the swing of things!
Awesome job, Jordanna! And welcome back.

NSV here...I saw a friend of mine at the gym, who I hadn't seen in a few months. She came up to me and told me that it took her about 3 minutes to realize who I was when I walked in and said I look great! That felt so good!

Old 06-14-2011, 05:15 PM   #47  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Last night I tried kohlrabi, I sliced it up like fries and baked it in the oven like the turnip fries. I really liked it. Am going to have to again. little salt and pepper and they were good.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:35 PM   #48  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Last night I tried kohlrabi, I sliced it up like fries and baked it in the oven like the turnip fries. I really liked it. Am going to have to again. little salt and pepper and they were good.
Kohlrabi is good raw when its young and fresh!!!! Just sprinkle a little salt.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:30 PM   #49  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

I just had to tell you all, that I'm in complete SHOCK!!
My niece started IP 2 weeks ago, and her pants are now hanging on her..so we went to Kohls to find her a new pair of jeans.
Well..just for the heck of it..not thinking there would be ANY chance that they'd fit, I tried on 10s..so I tried on 2 other brands of 10s..and ALL of them fit!!! I fit into 10s in 3 different brands.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:54 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
My niece started IP 2 weeks ago, and her pants are now hanging on her..so we went to Kohls to find her a new pair of jeans.
Well..just for the heck of it..not thinking there would be ANY chance that they'd fit, I tried on 10s..so I tried on 2 other brands of 10s..and ALL of them fit!!! I fit into 10s in 3 different brands.
Congrats! (hope you bought at least one pair!! )
Old 06-14-2011, 11:36 PM   #51  

Quote:
I always wondered what the heck to do with it! Maybe next time I get one, from the neighbors garden, I won't look at it like it's from mars! I tried doing it in salad (web recipe) it was AWFUL!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 11:38 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Strange isn't it....LOL We are about the same size (Height/Weight). Expect the 10's to be baggy really soon!
Old 06-15-2011, 12:10 AM   #53  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Minewgoal - that is great, isn't it fun just trying on clothes now we don't have to shop in the big girls stores now. I also hope you bought at least one pair.

Ladies at agility tonight all wanted to know about IP. Next week I hand them all out the information I have. I think what got them was I told them that you don't really crave for anything after the first week. They were a little shocked at that. We will see next week how many really want the info.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:14 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

well for some reason my weight is stalling. i am a sw and i keep losing and gaining the same 2 lbs. boy is it annoying. any way, i am staying op and still very positive. what can i do to keep from stalling?
Old 06-15-2011, 12:15 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Quote:
Minewgoal - that is great, isn't it fun just trying on clothes now we don't have to shop in the big girls stores now. I also hope you bought at least one pair.

Ladies at agility tonight all wanted to know about IP. Next week I hand them all out the information I have. I think what got them was I told them that you don't really crave for anything after the first week. They were a little shocked at that. We will see next week how many really want the info.
Wow you look so awesome. Look at your thin face and nice cheekbones! Way to go!
Old 06-15-2011, 12:35 AM   #56  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
well for some reason my weight is stalling. i am a sw and i keep losing and gaining the same 2 lbs. boy is it annoying. any way, i am staying op and still very positive. what can i do to keep from stalling?
you are still doing the week of no restricted right? wait until that is done, that is why I stopped weighing at home you start getting anxious and worried are you doing the right thing, etc... relax and let the diet work. It may not be as fast as you want but. you didn't gain all the weight fast either. Breath Jo, relax and take it easy until your WI. My challenge to you is not to weigh yourself again until after your WI this week.
Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
Wow you look so awesome. Look at your thin face and nice cheekbones! Way to go!
Thank you I never had cheekbones before.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:37 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
you are still doing the week of no restricted right? wait until that is done, that is why I stopped weighing at home you start getting anxious and worried are you doing the right thing, etc... relax and let the diet work. It may not be as fast as you want but. you didn't gain all the weight fast either. Breath Jo, relax and take it easy until your WI. My challenge to you is not to weigh yourself again until after your WI this week.
Jo

Thank you I never had cheekbones before.
i do not eat any restricteds, i can not be trusted, lol
Old 06-15-2011, 12:46 AM   #58  
Ray

S/C/G: 170.6/170.6/135

Height: 5 ft

i haven't been on this site for a few days and i've missed it. everyone's comments are very motivating and keep me going each day. glad to get back on here. thanks everyone for posting often. I've hit my goal on sunday and decided to go for another 5 lbs. i've never felt so good. and the compliments keep coming in too, even from people that i'd never of thought would say anything. pretty cool!
Old 06-15-2011, 07:44 AM   #59  
IP started 4/25/11

ToRiderollercoast- I'm so glad you got that picture bigger!!!! Look at you! Stunning

And yes..I bought One pair of cute capris in 10
Old 06-15-2011, 07:45 AM   #60  
IP started 4/25/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbmr06 View Post
Strange isn't it....LOL We are about the same size (Height/Weight). Expect the 10's to be baggy really soon!
What size are you wearing? Just curious
It is Crazy how different each person carries their weight.
Closed Thread