Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 01:34 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 232/ip 219/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

My mom is starting IP at the beginning of July!! She has gout, other forms of arthritis, and has been hit REALLY hard by the menopause fairy as of late, so I'm really excited for her to get some relief from those conditions as well as to feel better about her body.

I normally do my weigh-in on Wednesday evenings. By this point in the week I've normally lost as much as I'm going to lose minus a pound or so. Right now I'm actually UP for the week. It's slightly disappointing, but I got into some sugar this weekend and I'm pretty sure that's why. I expected to have a slow week.

I wanted to say this--I've been on IP for almost 6 weeks and I was SO excited about that sugar. Now that I've consumed it and reflected on it, it wasn't nearly as tasty as I made it out to be (not to knock the chef at all--my tastes have just changed!!) and it even gave me a stomach ache! I know now that I'll be able to resist sugar entirely while I'm on IP. And maybe even for life. It just doesn't taste good to me.

Today I'm being extremely careful--eating packets that are really low carb--in hopes that I'll lose at least one pound this week.

IP has really changed my life. I don't know that I'll ever eat for entertainment ever again and let me tell you, I never in my life thought that would be something I would say!! I ADORE food!
Old 06-14-2011, 01:36 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

The splenda gives it a more sweet bbq flavor, I forgot to say add salt too!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:14 PM   #33  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

This is week 4 for me and starting last week I've been having a hard time finishing my lunch?! Any one else have this issue? Is it that I get full on less now or am I just going a little more crazy?!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkari View Post
I wanted to say this--I've been on IP for almost 6 weeks and I was SO excited about that sugar. Now that I've consumed it and reflected on it, it wasn't nearly as tasty as I made it out to be (not to knock the chef at all--my tastes have just changed!!) and it even gave me a stomach ache! I know now that I'll be able to resist sugar entirely while I'm on IP. And maybe even for life. It just doesn't taste good to me.

IP has really changed my life. I don't know that I'll ever eat for entertainment ever again and let me tell you, I never in my life thought that would be something I would say!! I ADORE food!
That's awesome! That is such a huge victory no matter what the scale says this week.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:32 PM   #35  

Hi all! I am new here. I've been reading for about a week, but just signed up today so that I can post (and I will head over to the intro. thread after this and post an official intro.).

Today marks my first week on IP. I was really strict and was thrilled to discover this morning that I lost 8 pounds my first week! I started out at 184. My goal is 130. I know the weight isn't going to come off that quickly every week, but it was really motivating for me to keep going!

I won't be adding much in the way of exercise for at least 8 weeks as I broke my leg last week, the day before I started my diet. I'm really grateful to have found a program that will work even though I am physically unable to exercise right now.

Looking forward to "meeting" the other regulars here!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:43 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wygirl View Post
Today marks my first week on IP. I was really strict and was thrilled to discover this morning that I lost 8 pounds my first week! I started out at 184. My goal is 130. I know the weight isn't going to come off that quickly every week, but it was really motivating for me to keep going!

Great job on your first week! Hope your leg heals up well. Nice to meet another newbie. We can help keep each other on track. I started 12 days ago.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead14 View Post
This is week 4 for me and starting last week I've been having a hard time finishing my lunch?! Any one else have this issue? Is it that I get full on less now or am I just going a little more crazy?!

I had that same issue around the same time. I still struggle with managing to finish all of my food. My coach said it was ok as long as I eat all of the packets and try my best to finish the vegetables.

I've found that a lot of the reason is I just don't want food anymore. Oh the changes that happen when you go from eating for pleasure to eating out of necessity!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:50 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I don't know if there is a real answer for this. I have wanted to blame slow weeks or stalls on my coffee, but what about all the good weeks when I was drinking just as much coffee.

I have been drinking it all along (3 cups) so I will say no.

How are you by the way? Days to go!!!!!
My coach told me this! I have had 2 weeks with only a pound lost and one week stayed the same. The other thought is for me to drink more water! I have given up coffee for the last 5 days and miss it. But, I am knocking back more water! I am great~ Only 6 more days!! HIP HIP HORRAY!
Old 06-14-2011, 03:13 PM   #39  

I lost 8.5 lbs for my first week back . Happy to be back in the swing of things!
Old 06-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #40  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I lost 8.5 lbs for my first week back . Happy to be back in the swing of things!
WOW!!! Are you ever back in the swing of things! Congratulations on a great 1st week

Elissa
Old 06-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #41  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkari View Post
I had that same issue around the same time. I still struggle with managing to finish all of my food. My coach said it was ok as long as I eat all of the packets and try my best to finish the vegetables.

I've found that a lot of the reason is I just don't want food anymore. Oh the changes that happen when you go from eating for pleasure to eating out of necessity!!!
It is crazy how this is the first time in my life that I don't think about food every minute of the day!! Always wonder what it was like not to do that, now I know.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead14 View Post
It is crazy how this is the first time in my life that I don't think about food every minute of the day!! Always wonder what it was like not to do that, now I know.
Same here!!!

Just do the best you can and listen to your body--it tells you what it tells you for a reason! Keep losin the pounds!!
Old 06-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #43  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wygirl View Post
Hi all! I am new here. I've been reading for about a week, but just signed up today so that I can post (and I will head over to the intro. thread after this and post an official intro.).

I won't be adding much in the way of exercise for at least 8 weeks as I broke my leg last week, the day before I started my diet. I'm really grateful to have found a program that will work even though I am physically unable to exercise right now.

You will be surprised as to how fast the weight comes off, I have been on IP for about 6 weeks now and there were only 2 weeks when I didn't have at least a 5lb loss. Inches for me are not coming off as fast as I thought they would for the amount of weight I have lost. I've lost 39 inches so far, don't get me wrong that is great but I thought more would of come off by now. I am happy with that though that is for sure!
Old 06-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #44  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Hello everybody! It's been a busy week so haven't had much time to post but I'm all caught up on the posts. My oldest is 15 and is in exams this week. My girls are finishing school next week and I return to work next week after being off on maternity leave for a year.

Congrats to all who have lost and welcome to all the newbies.

I must say....I had cauliflower couscous and turnip fries last night for dinner. OMG, to die for!! So yummy!! I had some turnip left so had some for lunch. And I've got tones of cauliflower so I'll make some again tonight with chicken.

So tomorrow is WI #8...looking forward to what the scale will say as the scale at home is showing great numbers. Will keep you all posted.

That zipline sounds like so much fun. I'm not sure where the closest place would be around here with that. I'll have to look into it. But I would need to find someone to go with. I don't think DH would have the nerve to go with me, but we'll see.

Well off to make dinner, have a good rest of the day everybody.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #45  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikita1540 View Post
Good morning everyone,

I'm on day 4 of IP and finding it getting easier now, but the nauseau in the morning isn't going away, I think I've found the problem though - I've been taking my vitamins and supplements in the morning on an empty stomach!!

I'm going for my first WI later today as my coach will be going on vacation for a few weeks and she wanted me to get in and get some more food before she went..I'm kind of nervous, I don't feel like I've lost a pound..
I'm on day 4 also and I'm having more headaches than anything!!! Good luck with the WI!!!
Closed Thread