Old 06-18-2011, 08:05 PM   #31  
OneBadGRANDmotherRunner

S/C/G: 152/143/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by fae67 View Post
I tell everyone about the program, and this is the first time I have ever shared information about a diet. From the start there were some nay-sayers (myself included!!) but now after seeing the results the tables have turned and people are starting to ask me for information on where they can get the products and how much it costs. I wish everyone could try this (or the Alternative Program) just because it works!
This is ME too!!

I tell anyone and everyone who wants to know about what I am doing and this is the first time EVER I have shared this information about myself regarding being on any kind of a diet (usually I don't want anyone to know because what if I fail?) So yes, I was a bit of a nay-sayer about IP in the beginning too; i.e., "Yeah? Prove it!"

I do add (when I'm on my soapbox ) that IP is not for everyone and it's not cheap (but worth it!) and it's not a magic bullet or pill but it does work if you work it!

Good Luck!
NonieRuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:25 PM   #32  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

I tell people that it's low carb and low calorie, doctor monitored diet. Veggies, meat, and additional protein. Its not hi protein... Its sufficient protein to maintain muscle mass while losing weight. That's about it. I have stopped talking about it, except with people who seem really interested.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 06-19-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I just say "I'm low carbing it". Most people understand that and that way I do not have to go into a lot of explainations.

I also eat my protein at lunch and my packet at dinner to avoid having to explain anything to my opinionated co-workers. It is just easier this way, they see me eat a lean protein, veggies and side salad and think nothing of it. If they were to see me mix up a pudding or something, there would be too many comments from the peanut gallery.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:16 PM   #34  
megs3

S/C/G: 164/164/130

Height: 5"2

I have had the same response. Always people saying oh a diet your just going to gain it all back! I now just ignore them, I like it and am doing well. Does make it harder though
msmith61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:48 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 171.8/162.2

Height: 5.7

Everyone in my life knows about the IP Diet I'm on. They are rooting me on... some of the people I talk to think they can achieve the same results by doing it themselves at home. I have no comment regarding this, as it may work. All I know is my coach, Angela, is wonderful. She is very supporitve and cheers me on. When I do have a blip she doesn't scold me like I have heard some coaches do, she understands that life happens.
40andfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:54 PM   #36  
skp

Height: 5'8"

I don't tell anyone anything. I haven't lost enough for lots of people to comment but I just act surprised when they say "have you changed your hair?"
I prefer to be private. Perhaps it is fear of failure?
skp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:36 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Ugh I got such a horrible response today from one of my best friends. She mentioned I looked a little different and I told her I had lost 15 pounds on this diet, and she immediately blew it off and started telling me how unhealthy it is and how quickly I will gain it all back, etc. What started out as a compliment turned into complete negativity.
We have always been about the same size, kinda the bigger girls in our group supporting each other, so I am sure she was just insecure. But ouch. I have gotten the same response from a few other people... but that hurt coming from such a good friend.
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

So far I've only told my family. Initially I just told them my doctor put me in it, they accepted it, and then slowly told them a few things -which I thought would further convince them that this is good for me- such as the fact that this program was designed by a physician to help athletes lose body fat while preserving muscle, they were impressed and supportive. Now if I had told them about the price, I don't think they would have given me such a favorable response.
Gika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:35 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
Ugh I got such a horrible response today from one of my best friends. She mentioned I looked a little different and I told her I had lost 15 pounds on this diet, and she immediately blew it off and started telling me how unhealthy it is and how quickly I will gain it all back, etc. What started out as a compliment turned into complete negativity.
We have always been about the same size, kinda the bigger girls in our group supporting each other, so I am sure she was just insecure. But ouch. I have gotten the same response from a few other people... but that hurt coming from such a good friend.
Ugh- that does hurt. Most likely she feels threatened because you were her partner in crime and now she is feeling like she is all alone. Would there be any way to convince her to do it with you? I know she bashed it, but deep down I am sure she wishes she lost 15 pounds (congrats BTW).

This is also the reason I don't tell anyone about it. My mom and husband know about (he refers to it as "the salad diet") but that is it. Anyone else who asks, I just say I cut back on carbs or I eliminated sugar, gluten and dairy (all true!) from my diet.

Before IP was I was always a healthy eater anyway, so it is not like it is a far stretch for me to be eating lots of protein shakes, salad, veggies and lean proteins. The only thing that really changed for me was cutting out the brown rice or legumes. So for the people I see daily, there really isn't anything different that I am doing.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:45 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyniagara View Post
I tell people that I am on the IP diet — an anti-inflammation diet from Canada with a healthy side-effect of fat loss.

I tell them that I'm happy and that I wish more people knew about IP because it feels wonderful to be eating well instead of using sugar and starch to sedate myself. They are always impressed by how much muscle I have now.

I tell them that if they ever get really tired of the dieting circus and the mental anguish of food addiction that they should explore IP.
Oh, I like your response! Especially the part about it being an anti-inflammation diet. I am doing IP mostly because I have osteoarthritis and am hoping I won't have to have knee replacement surgery or more shots in the knees.
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:48 PM   #41  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

I tell people who are just throwing out a compliment that "I'm eating really clean". If someone emails, calls or Facebooks me I will explain the program. No issues with my vagueness so far.
ash825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:28 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Ok, I'm an "oversharer" and last night I recieved my first negative response. I was with my bf's family and I just said "no sugar, no carbs" and they kept asking me questions until it all came out. I got the 'look' his step mom's friend gave me quite a few negative sounding "well! I lost 100 lbs following the diabetic diet". So I just said "well, that didn't work for me and this one is". I'm not sure why it has to be so disapproving....

It was a bummer, that's for sure.

On the bright side, my closest friends and bf are supportive. I read all the posts on this thread hoping to find something I could say. But I really think I'll probably not be able to avoid a direct question. I'm never good with being vague

Last edited by Ishbel; 06-25-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:07 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

My husband knows and is super supportive. Mom is so impressed she found a clinic near where she lives. She is going to wait to start until after a scheduled trip to Vegas in August. The rest of my family knows I am on some diet, but don't necessarily know the details. Supportive

At work, I told those in my immediate co-workers that I was restricting carbs & sugar. A week ago I told them I had just started IP. Really I've been on it 6 1/2 weeks. There are a lot of people in our organization that have used IP very successfully, so I don't think there'd be an issue with it. I am just a super private person. I'm also trying to avoid super nosy chick in office who has nay-sayed this diet for other people. Meanwhile she struggles with her weight, has a personal trainer, and eats at McDonald's after Weight Watchers WI's!!! She's just super negative and sees others' triumphs as something being taken away from her.

The nay-sayers who talk about no-carbs being unhealthy don't understand that we are eating the "real" healthy carbs- GREEN carbs from vegetables.
pselias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:03 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 228/219.7/177

Height: 5 feet 7 iinches

I wish people would ask what I'm doing to lose weight. I've lost 30 pounds and not one comment. The only person who noticed is my husband and he knows I'm on the diet. If people would ask, I would simply say "I'm cutting out junk and incorporating exercise.
Christine07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:21 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 212/200/160

Height: 5'1

I just tell people i'm just trying to eat more healthier.
TEEGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote