Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 268/254/160

thanks everyone for your encouragement from this weekend. I'm finding the weekends are the most difficult for me, by far. it's the weekends that make me miss eating and drinking things I can't.
Today I feel better about it. I'm worried about camping this weekend with friends. I have a lot of friends who feed into my past delusion that I don't need to lose as much weight as i really do (trying to be nice, I'm sure). hopefully it goes well.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #47  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannymae32 View Post
OK So I have hit my 25 lb goal! And my reward? a Dance bootcamp that Mr Wonderful and I will attend together.. He even picked out the dance studio. Its been hanging on our fridge since long before I met him.. I think secretly he has always wanted to do these dance lessons.. (My ever loving show boat Mr Wonderful) loves an audience.
Great Job T... the first 25 was such a big thing for me too.. it is nice that he wants to learn to dance... me I hate walking backwards and tend to lead. Not real coordinated and don't trust my partner is leading me in the correct direction... can't dance, can't sing that is why I tended bar at functions. lots of fun. Just want to say I am really proud of you too, one of these days we will all have to get a picture together. Have a great week, and sorry you missed the party, I left early to go home and get ready for agility...
Old 06-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #48  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenabeana View Post
When did you place your order? Mine took a few days for it to chage from pending to complete but then it will show a link to track your order and it comes very quickly from there. It's also shipped UPS so there will be no delays because of the Postal strike. I felt the same though, I was wondering why it took them so long to ship it out (I think it was 3 or 4 days). Good luck with using the alternative product. Let me know what you think of it.

Yah thats the thing though..it said "pending" and the money didnt even come out of my bank account after 3 days and i wrote the company to ask why this was..and i had no answer..and on top of it..there was no number to phone to ask someone..i was really frustrated..so instead.. i tried ordering through nashua..cause i was getting mad waiting for it to go through"
Old 06-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 268/254/160

it also doesn't help that my boyfriend eats delicious things in front of me on the weekend too. I wish he would do IP with me, but he says there are too many rules. I think he's not ready to really let go yet.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:21 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertamel View Post
it also doesn't help that my boyfriend eats delicious things in front of me on the weekend too. I wish he would do IP with me, but he says there are too many rules. I think he's not ready to really let go yet.
My husband snacks all night long and it drives me bonkers...I try to have soy puffs or cheese curls in the evening and I make the package last so that I don't have to watch him eating and feel deprived.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #51  

S/C/G: S:222/C:195/G:135

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! I am glad to see everyone had a good weekend. Mine was relaxing, I pretty much cleaned and read. My boyfriend went out of town so I was enjoying the alone time!

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else: I was in subway getting a salad and normally the bread smell makes me envious but I can usually deal with it. This time I felt mad, I just wanted to get out of there and standing in line smelling it made me angry. I know its crazy but the minute I got out of there I was fine. Just wondering if this is normal?!
Old 06-13-2011, 04:26 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Albertamel - I just survived a weekend camping trip! It really helped that I took along the curls/crisps whatever you have to eat so when everyone else was muching down on chips etc, I pulled out my silver bag - everyone though I was eating junk food in a single serving pack, so I didn't feel like the odd one out. I packed my own salad, but brought enough to share - no one noticed that I didn't eat anything else. I ate the bbq steak, just asked for it cooked dry, and had a hamburger the next day without the bun - just mixed in with leftover salad - it's surprisingly easy to blend in with this diet. When I was tempted by all the crud everyone was having, I just told myself how good I was going to feel on Monday - how virtuous that I stuck to my plan, and committed myself to me.
You will also have great success this weekend - I have no doubt. Plan ahead, and don't fool yourself about the temptations you'll be facing - plan for them, have a way around them, be prepared! All the best to you!
Old 06-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishn222 View Post
So in just 5 weeks I am in the 260's and I am down 24 lbs. The last time I was here was a year and a half ago and a concentrated effort for 4 months to get weight off. I can not believe that I am losing this fast. I sometimes look at how far I have to go and think am I ever going to get there, then I have a weigh in like this and realize that it is very doable. I can not believe it. I know that many of you have had great success, but there are just times that the reality of this diet are amazing.

Having successes like this are making the diet very easy and it is easy to resist temptation also with results like these. I am so glad that I started this and that in less than a year I am going to be at my goal weight. A weight that if I was truly honest with myself I did not think I would ever see. With this though I have the confidence that I will.

Thanks for taking time reading this and letting me rant. have a great day all.

Trish
Congratulations! You are doing so well and I love the positivity of your post, it absolutely made me smile. It is so worth the diet to enjoy the pride and self esteem that comes with following it. Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkthin135 View Post
Hi, I just started IP today. I am so excited to have found this diet and this forum. I have been reading all your posts for the last week or so and you have all motivated me to try this diet. So far, so good. I was a little nervous after reading how so many people didn't feel so good the first three days but I figure not feeling good for three days isn't so bad if after the three days I feel great. I hope everyone has a great week and I will keep you posted on my success.
Welcome! I questioned my sanity in undertaking this diet MANY times during the first three days but it is true that by day 4/5 things drastically improve and the results are well worth the effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertamel View Post
thanks everyone for your encouragement from this weekend. I'm finding the weekends are the most difficult for me, by far. it's the weekends that make me miss eating and drinking things I can't.
Today I feel better about it. I'm worried about camping this weekend with friends. I have a lot of friends who feed into my past delusion that I don't need to lose as much weight as i really do (trying to be nice, I'm sure). hopefully it goes well.
Camping for me was HARD there was a lot of pressure to drink- I didn't get hassled nearly as much about the food as the drink cause everyone wants for you to join in the 'fun' and it doesn't help when I want to join in as well however this diet is finite! There is an end and at the end I will be able to incorporate drinks etc into my life. But for now I have to say no, not forever just for now. Keep repeating this mantra and good luck!

Today was WI6 and I lost 1.5. To be honest I was hoping for more (isn't that almost always the case tho'). This weekend was my Mom's birthday so we went out for that and as well the day prior I went to a restaurant. I did stay OP but you can never be as sure when you eat out as when you make it yourself. Can't knock it too much- just chafing to see the next 'decade' as the 150's loom so close!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #54  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannymae32 View Post
Yay Jo for the whoosh fairy visit. I am not sure if you were working nights the week before your slow loss weigh in. I found that I stalled when I worked them and it looks like this week will be no different. I am happy as long as I am losing or keeping the same during these weeks.

Awww Jo, I am so glad you had a blast at the retirement party. I am working nights so I was a no go for the event. I am soooooo proud of you for all your accomplishments so far on this diet! And doin a little diddy dance for you to get into the size 12s YAY!!!
I haven't gone back to work yet. I'm still on maternity leave. I only have a 8 days left and I go back to work. But I go back next wednesday for 2 days and then off for the weekend, but then my night shifts will start the week after. Not looking forward to it, not just because of IP, but because I've never been away from my baby girl at night. So I do 2 weeks of nights and then 2 weeks of days. I'll let you know how I do working nights.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:16 PM   #55  
started IP March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 236.5/ticker/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Finally below 200

Congratulations everyone for a great weekend!

198 lbs!! Finally!!! I am below 200 lbs! Yee-Haw!!

I think the last time I was this weight was around 14 years ago so I spent the weekend tooting my own horn about how successful I've been. Yay me – lolol.

I sent two huge bags of clothes to a local shelter. They're always looking for clothes in plus sizes for women who’ve had a tough go of it and are trying to find work but just don't have office friendly clothes. As I can no longer wear something, I wash it and set it aside to go for donation.

(If you're in Edmonton the Bissell Centre is a great place to donate your gently used clothes. They will also accept gently used (still in good condition) larger sized bras as there is always a need for these rather expensive things. Seeing as I’m going through bras like crazy with the weight loss (9 inches gone off my bust in 11 weeks), I took 5 bras that I bought last month and barely wore. The ladies said they’d be gone by the end of the day).

I’m going to check out a local consignment place today to see if I can get some smaller clothes that won’t break the bank. I bought 3 new pairs of pants 3 weeks ago, and they’re already too big in the waist. I love this diet!

Have a lovely week wonderful people!
Old 06-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 142.6/138.0/127

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday! Am now on my 4th day of IP. I didn't feel so good the 2nd day, headaches and dizzy spells. But ever since I have felt good. I am enjoying the variety of foods and so far everything I've tried has been pretty good. 1st weigh in is tomorrow, after only being on the plan for 5 days, so we'll see how i do!

Last edited by redneckgirl; 06-13-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:59 PM   #57  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaCleg View Post
Hi all, I am new to IP. I am finishing my third week this week. When I first started my coach did not weigh me in, so as of now I am down 5lbs. I am determined to stick to this... Does anyone know if you can chew sugarless gum?
The one kind of gum that I was told we can have is called Spry. I order it on amazon.com. They have a variety of flavors with peppermint being my favorite. The flavor doesn't last long but it sure helps keep me from eating. Hope this helps.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #58  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

My best friends is a bartender and the only time I get to see her is if I go hang out there. So I went on Saturday, I had not seen her in a month or so and her jaw dropped when she saw me. She could tell that I have lost weight and she was surprised. She asked how much I told her 36 lbs in 6 weeks and was stunned. She said drinks on me what will you have? I said water with lemon please...she said seriously...what do you want you can have anything. I said that is what I want water with lemon and laughed. She said damn girl no wonder you don't come out anymore if that is all you drink. She used to make me all kinds of special drinks to try for her, so she will just have to get used of me drinking my water with lemon. I wasn't even tempted to have a drink, I was satisfied with my water!
Old 06-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #59  

S/C/G: SW 183/CW 183/GW 140

Height: 5'3"

Hello all, just joined this site today..

I started the IP diet on Saturday, June 11th..I've been doing good so far, but like most women on here I am feeling hungry, and starting to feel nauseaus and getting headaches.. is that all normal for the first little while on this diet?

I go for my weigh in tomorrow morning and I am very anxious and nervous to see what week 1 will bring for me !!
Old 06-13-2011, 06:05 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
My best friends is a bartender and the only time I get to see her is if I go hang out there. So I went on Saturday, I had not seen her in a month or so and her jaw dropped when she saw me. She could tell that I have lost weight and she was surprised. She asked how much I told her 36 lbs in 6 weeks and was stunned. She said drinks on me what will you have? I said water with lemon please...she said seriously...what do you want you can have anything. I said that is what I want water with lemon and laughed. She said damn girl no wonder you don't come out anymore if that is all you drink. She used to make me all kinds of special drinks to try for her, so she will just have to get used of me drinking my water with lemon. I wasn't even tempted to have a drink, I was satisfied with my water!
Those are some of the best and most encouraging moments on this diet. I can't wait to have people notice my losses again.

Keep up the great work, you're doing amazing!
Closed Thread