Old 06-12-2011, 04:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/192/160

Height: 5' 5.5"

Smile Fun With Old Clothes

Hi everyone,

Just out of curiosity yesterday, I dug out clothes from drawers and closet that I haven't been able to wear for over a year. Much to my surprise and delight, most of them fit and some of them are loose already! I continue to be so impressed with the IP program.

This is such a welcome piece of positive reinforcement for me because being able to fit into my "old" clothes was my first non-scale goal when I started IP. A lot of these are shorts and since we're going on vacation in 3 weeks, the timing is perfect for being able to wear them again. It's almost like having a new wardrobe!

In a couple more weeks, I hope to be able to fit into the smallest sized clothes I have (size 12).

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Karen
karenfromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:28 PM   #2  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Wow! Congratulations..!
I am just dying to fit into my old jeans. I have about 4 of 5 pairs i want to fit into..I barely got to wear them before i grew out of them..so i hear ya..Ive been saving all the clothes i havent fit into, so that one day i could fit back into them.

How long did it take you to fit into your old clothes? after starting ip?
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #3  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

porthardygurl, you will AMAZED how quickly you go through old clothes. I would try on pants that would barely go over my thighs and in weeks they would fit. I would expect your current clothes to get baggy within a few weeks. Once you've "shopped" through all your old clothes, it starts to get expensive (that's where I am now). Fun stuff!!
ash825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

I cant wait to fit into some of my old dresses. I have my fav pair of jeans from when I was a size four I cant wait for the day that I fit back into them
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:19 AM   #5  
megs3

S/C/G: 164/164/130

Height: 5"2

With Summer just around the corner I am super excited to be trying on some old shorts and dresses! Cannot wait to be soaking up the sun, in my old (new) clothes I never felt comfortable in before!
msmith61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

Height: 5'5"

I got into a pair of jeans this week that I have not been able to wear for a while. I was super excited.
murleya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #7  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

I did a clean out of my closet yesterday, and was so shocked that the dresses I saved and thought some day I can wear again... well I tried them on, that some day has long pasted.... all were too big. I had a favorite from my brother's wedding that I kept because it was a nice little black dress. Yep don't really know why I kept it, I fit into it but it has these HUGE shoulder pads that I wouldn't wear anymore. It was nice to see I could wear it if I wanted to. Now someone else looking for a nice black dress can have it. I have a great friend who has given me all her smaller clothes as she can't fit into them anymore. I put them in my small size closet and yesterday after cleaning my closet I moved all the size 12 pants into my closet... I still can't believe I don't EVER remember wearing size 12. Have a great day. IP really works.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:23 PM   #8  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Must have been clean out closet weekend for everyone.

I tried on a stuff in my closet that I bought with the idea that "one day" it would fit. What a shock when half are too big and the others fit perfect!!
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

I honestly have almost nothing to wear. Just a couple of new things that I've bought and some items that my mom has altered for me. I saw my oldest sister today for the first time since I started IP. she was so happy and genuinely proud of me. Then she said she is going to go through her closet and give me some clothes that she doesn't fit in any more....because I kind of look like a tramp with all my baggy clothes on! I've been putting off buying new clothes, just because the IP program takes so much from our budget already, but I think I'm going to head to a thrift store (as advised by 2ride), and see if I can't pick up a couple of dresses that I can wear with a belt as they get looser.
I must must must get a new bra this week...everytime I bend over one or both of the girls pop out. I had a tank top on the other day while walking the dog, I bent over to let him off the leash and HELLO! one of my boobs toppled right out! Thankfully, I didn't get spotted readjusting myself!

Ahh...this time last year, I was trying to figure out how to make my clothes bigger!! This is a good thing!!
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #10  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Hmm..well i hope to have that success too and i agree..going to a thrift store or second hand store is a smart idea..the smaller you get..the easier it is to find good clothes at the thrift store.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 201/192/160

Height: 5' 5.5"

Porthardygurl,

This has happened in only 14 days on IP. I can't wait to see what the next 14 days bring! Good luck and let us know how you're doing!

Karen
karenfromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 268/254/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith61 View Post
With Summer just around the corner I am super excited to be trying on some old shorts and dresses! Cannot wait to be soaking up the sun, in my old (new) clothes I never felt comfortable in before!
hey, I notice you're in Red Deer...so am I! who are you through?
albertamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:25 PM   #13  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Oh my God ! I couldn't have fallen on a better thread today

Yesterday, after having one of my pants sitting in my closet for over 6 years (because I was not even being able to get my leg into it), yesterday, it was a perfect fit ! What a feeling.

Luckily, I saved all my clothes from before I gained weight, and yesterday, since my favorite pant was a perfect fit, I decided to try the other clothes, most of them fit, but still tight.

I am only on my 4th week on IP and it made wonders to me, it's really the best diet for me after I tried almost everything.

Good luck everybody.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Oh my God ! I couldn't have fallen on a better thread today

Yesterday, after having one of my pants sitting in my closet for over 6 years (because I was not even being able to get my leg into it), yesterday, it was a perfect fit ! What a feeling.

Luckily, I saved all my clothes from before I gained weight, and yesterday, since my favorite pant was a perfect fit, I decided to try the other clothes, most of them fit, but still tight.

I am only on my 4th week on IP and it made wonders to me, it's really the best diet for me after I tried almost everything.

Good luck everybody.
Fabulous isn't it. I got into some clothes from 2006 that still had tags on them. I bought them small. Now they fit! It is hard to believe because I remember not being able to button the pants. And now they are perfect.
murleya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #15  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

So over the winter we decided it was time to clean out our basement/closets and just "let go and get rid of items/clothes we just never use/wear" anymore.

Sure enough....I gave away a TON of smaller clothes....many of which still had tags on them!! Ugh!!

....closets and basement look great tho....oh...wait....and so do I (well, almost)!!! Heehee!! Time to do some SERIOUS shopping!! LOL!!
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote