Old 06-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

I usually have my snack before bedtime. This keeps me going through the night. I do wake up ravenous, which is a new thing for me since I started IP. I was bad and never ate breakfast for the past 20 years (just coffee!!).
If you have your snack earlier on in the day, you could always save 1/2 to have before bedtime.
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:12 PM   #17  
wannabe thinner

S/C/G: 167/116/115

Height: 5'

my coach says to take the snack at bedtime. I find I need it around 3:30-4 in the afternoon, but am not hungry in the evening. Should I still take a snack at night anyway in addition to the afternoon snack?
Calypso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #18  

Height: 5'3"

This has been discussed in other threads, alot of people find they are really hungry mid afternoon, I find I eat dinner alot earlier to compensate. Then I have the evening snack around 7:30. My coach says the evening protein is important to get you through the night. Some who eat dinner later in the evening have there snack in the afternoon instead and I personally think this is fine too as long as you are getting some protein in the evening the order probably doesn't matter so much.
Losingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #19  
wannabe thinner

S/C/G: 167/116/115

Height: 5'

thanks LT for putting this into perspective.
Calypso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:04 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 217/205/135

Height: 5'5

Unhappy ...same here :(

I've been on Ideal Protein for 25 days excacly now and I am constantly hungry

This is what the dietitian gives me:

Breakfast: Ideal Protein Food (the powder pack)
Lunch: Ideal Protein Food (the powder pack) + 2 cups veggies + supplements
Supper: 200g (minimum) of meat + 2 cups veggies + supplements
Snack: Ideal Protein Food (the snacks) + supplements

I can take the snack when I please but it doesn't seem to matter...I am hungry right after breakfast, right after lunch, right after supper and right after my snack. The only time I don't seem to be as hungry as the rest is after supper (maybe it's because I get actual meat and not a powder pack?)

Any help would be great because every time I tell my dietitian (and I've seen two so far from IP) they say it's weird and then they recommend maybe I take some more but I'm on a very tight budget and I don't want to pay more and loose less...

thanks!
mamanmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #21  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamanmag View Post

I can take the snack when I please but it doesn't seem to matter...I am hungry right after breakfast, right after lunch, right after supper and right after my snack. The only time I don't seem to be as hungry as the rest is after supper (maybe it's because I get actual meat and not a powder pack?)

Any help would be great because every time I tell my dietitian (and I've seen two so far from IP) they say it's weird and then they recommend maybe I take some more but I'm on a very tight budget and I don't want to pay more and loose less...

thanks!
Are you eating a salad with your lunch and dinner? You can have unlimited romaine and iceberg lettuce, and maybe that will make the difference. I always have a big salad with lunch and dinner, with olive oil/vinegar/herb dressing that I make myself (I find the Walden Farms dressings gross). I usually save my lunchtime IP packet for mid afternoon, then have my snack IP packet an hour or so after dinner.
Hope this helps, and your hunger pains pass!
tam67green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #22  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
During phase 1 Dill Pickles during the day for a snack saved me! It was just enough to get rid of the hunger, and hold me over until lunch or dinner, I still have one every day. I'm in maintenance since April 1.
Pickles and cucumbers have helped me quite a bit. Also getting all my veggies and all of my water helps too. Today I was ready for lunch at ten, because I was up at 0400 but now I am struggling to finish my salad with lots of veggies. I was so hungry the first week I was dizzy, but I also lost 30 pounds that week.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #23  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

I've been on it for 6 weeks with no cheats and I'm STARVING every second - all I think about is food and when my next meal is going to be. I just got back from my latest weigh in (1.5 loss) and my Coach is concerned about it, but we aren't sure what to do to tweak it. I'm almost ready to phase off cause I can't stand being so hungry all the time, it's really really hard. :-(

It seems that the less you have to lose/smaller you are, the hungrier you are on this diet (Leptin is the culprit).

Last edited by slow2lose; 10-30-2012 at 01:21 PM.
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #24  

I have 2 egg white in the morning, & coffee w/ EAS advantage vanilla in it (1-2z)
a mid morning hot chocolate,
lunch with 2 veggies, salad and soup,
snack at 4pm - Restricted
protien, veggies, salad for dinner
I drink ALOT of water and it helps. I have a terrible sweet tooth so I drink a mio after dinner or chew a piece of gum. I have some hunger but not as much as I did when I started the program. I go to bed so full that I think Im going to burst and am then surprised when I lose weight
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

My coach told me that the best thing to do is drink a bottle of ICE COLD water the moment you wake up. Keep one in the fridge from the night before, get it and drink. I think that helps a lot. I always have water, whether it's ice cold or not in the morning and I'm not as hungry for breakfast. I wake up at 6:30 every morning and I get to work for 8, which is when I have my IP breakfast.

Then for lunch, I make my IP shake and drink that and heat up whatever veggies I brought. When I go home, I have my meat and veggies and also salad. Sometimes, I'll have moments where I am full after the meat and veggies but maybe an hour later I'm hungry again and so I will make salad with literally just lettuce and some WF dressing. And you can do that all day. My first week, I did that everyday. Then I have my snack at night.

Also, BEFORE every meal, I drink a bottle of water and then wait about 30 minutes. So, if you have lunch at 12, drink a bottle of water at about 11:30. I feel that it helps a lot. Watch though with a lot of lettuce, because I've heard that too much lettuce in a short amount of time can cause cramps. I've never personally experienced it, but it's happened to my friends.

Also, herbal tea is a savior. Last night, I was slightly hungry, so I had my snack and made some herbal tea and I felt so much better. I didn't go to bed hungry and I didn't wake up hungry. I find that I'm more hungry today then I have been, but it could be because I've been on this forum talking about food. Lol. Who knows? Everybody's body is different so sometimes, you have to find what will subdue that ravenous stomach. Maybe, take a walk during the day when you start feeling peckish. Maybe that could help?

Last edited by IPbeginnerNOLA; 10-30-2012 at 04:04 PM.
IPbeginnerNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #26  

Height: magmeepEVE

I found that when I added in a salad (veggies plus romaine/iceberg) for lunch (and not just the 2 cups of veggies), my hunger went away in the afternoon. Love that I got rid of those afternoon hungers.
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamanmag View Post

thanks!
Your weight would suggest that you need more protein. Hunger is not a side effect of the program after the 1st few days. It's appropriate to be hungry @ mealtime or every 3-4 hours, but not right after breakfast. If you cant afford a 4th packet I would suggest the following:

1. Take some of your 8oz of meat in the evening (maybe 2 oz) and have it at lunch. Then have the 6oz of protein @ dinner.

2. Scramble 1 egg & 2 egg whites for breakfast and have along with IP food.

3. Make sure you're having your oil. 1-2 tsp.

4. If you are still hungry, add to your lunch 3oz lean protein and keep your dinner @ 8oz.

When your down another 10-15 lbs, see if you can cut back on some ofmthe extra protein. If you're still really hungry, keep it in.

I'm a coach and I have quite a few clients supplementing with additional protein. 99% use extra packets because they're low in calories, fat, carbs & higher in protein. Some of my clients who are lower in weight just require more protein due to lifestyle, stress, age.... They are ALL LOSING WEIGHT BEAUTIFULLY and hunger issue is avoided. Prior to adding the extra protein, they were hungry and not losing consistently. Good luck.

Last edited by Pamelama; 10-30-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Pamelama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 158/XXX/130

Height: 5'2

I am 5.1 and 158 lbs, this is my 3rd week on IP and I lost 10 lbs, so I am now 148. I am always hungry too, always. I wasn't hungry on my first week, just dizzy and weak, but now i am starving all the time.
Breakfast: IP ready to drink chock shake+ my own cofee with FF milk + Stevia a little bit
I am hungry in about an hour or so.. I feel that i need something else!!!
Lunch: IP Capuchino mix + 2 cups veggie (broccoli and cucumbers) +lettuce
3 PM: IP Bar (the best part of my day)...
now at 6 PM.. i am dying soooo hungry!!!!!
Please help..
russiangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:37 PM   #29  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiangirl View Post
I am 5.1 and 158 lbs, this is my 3rd week on IP and I lost 10 lbs, so I am now 148. I am always hungry too, always. I wasn't hungry on my first week, just dizzy and weak, but now i am starving all the time.
Breakfast: IP ready to drink chock shake+ my own cofee with FF milk + Stevia a little bit
Please help..
OMGosh you sound just like me. :-( I wish I had something to tell you but I just resigned myself to the fact I was going to be hungry all the time. I don't find the hot teas and water do anything either, but maybe you can try that? Some extra veggies? My Coach also said to try the more filling items like the omelets, chicken patties and Chicken-a-la-King - they aren't my faves though.
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiangirl View Post
Please help..
I can only suggest, because I don't haven your file & medical history in front of me. Dizziness can suggest an electrolyte issue, low blood pressure, not enough salt.....
If it's none of these and no medical issues (check with Dr to be sure)..
You might benefit greatly from an extra non-restricted packet. 80-100calories, 15-18 gm of protein. Also, add a few egg whites in the morning to your breakfast. See if that helps @ all. Good luck!

PS. The suggestion for the IP Omlette for breakfast with some veggies may also help. I had to do that for the first month OP, then I switched to drinks....

Last edited by Pamelama; 10-30-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Pamelama is offline   Reply With Quote