Old 06-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/170/140

Height: 5'7

Unhappy Skin

I am loving Ideal Protein so far with one exception - I can't stand my skin! Most annoying is my arms... I am feeling good and want to start wearing tank tops again, but can't stand the loose skin/stretch marks.

Does anyone have any tips? People tell me that the skin will tighten, just not as fast as the body is able to lose weight? Has this been your experience?

I have the Raspberry Jello for my snack most nights, so I got the collagen packets covered... but can I be doing anything more to improve this?

Thanks!
iheartip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:08 PM   #2  

Height: 5'3"

I think there is a number of factors that will affect skin, your age, how much you are losing etc. I moisturize like crazy and take the collagen supplement but it seems to take my skin a week or so to catch up to my lose lol. I'll notice my skin seems really stretchy and then the next week will be tighter again.
Losingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 231/145.2/145.2

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartip View Post
I am loving Ideal Protein so far with one exception - I can't stand my skin! Most annoying is my arms... I am feeling good and want to start wearing tank tops again, but can't stand the loose skin/stretch marks.

Does anyone have any tips? People tell me that the skin will tighten, just not as fast as the body is able to lose weight? Has this been your experience?

I have the Raspberry Jello for my snack most nights, so I got the collagen packets covered... but can I be doing anything more to improve this?

Thanks!
The faster you lose, the more loose skin you will have. One option would be to stop losing so fast, but, I don't think anyone here would tell you to do that.

As far as what else you could be doing - moisturize. It will help with the elasticity of the skin.

Also? Wear the tank tops anyway. Flaunt your progress. ;-)
Lisaf373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losingtime View Post
I think there is a number of factors that will affect skin, your age, how much you are losing etc. I moisturize like crazy and take the collagen supplement but it seems to take my skin a week or so to catch up to my lose lol. I'll notice my skin seems really stretchy and then the next week will be tighter again.

What is the collagen supplement??? I haven't heard of that yet...
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/170/140

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the info! Yes, what is the collagen supplement? I don't think my IP center has that... Also, any moisturizer recommendations? Is Palmers Coco Butter Formula good?
iheartip is offline   Reply With Quote