Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 12:23 PM   #16  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
First, let's put things into perspective. Your average weight loss is commendable! Don't sell yourself short. Do you realize just how much 2-3 pounds weighs? PLUS-- this wasn't really a weekly weigh-in; it was a 5-day weigh-in. That's a BIG difference. I usually lose most of my weight during the later part of the week. Perhaps you lose weight the same way. I think if you weigh yourself tomorrow, you will see a big change.

Also-- this is the period of weight loss that everyone talks about--weeks 4-6--we seem to be at a standstill while our bodies catch up with what the heck is going on. This will pass. Aside from your legs, how do you feel, in general? Are you drinking all of your water? When I begin to feel as though I'm not losing weight quick enough, I change things around a little. I have my main meal (with real food) for lunch and then have my lunch for dinner. That seems to help me continue at pretty much the same pace. Since I take thyroid medication, I can't eat past 8pm if I want to go to bed by 10:30, so it makes it easier for me this way. I know you've got kids to cook for, etc., but perhaps you could make a meal for yourself at lunchtime and then have your lunch while the family is having dinner? Don't know if this will work for you, but you might want to think about it.

Don't be discouraged and beat yourself up over this. From what I've been reading, this happens to nearly everyone. We all know you can do it. You've proven this these past 6 weeks. This is just a little bump in the road; it will all even itself out.

Hugs to you, my friend.
Thanks for your kind words and the suggestions. I think I will try that and see what happens. I sure hope I get a visit from the "whoosh fairy"!! That would be awesome. And you're right I have heard or read that quite a bit of people have gone through this phase just about this time. But I'm gonna try the 4 packets a day for at least a week or two and see what happens. If by my next WI I haven't seen a difference compared to what I'm seeing now, I'll go back to the 3 packets. Thanks again!!
Old 06-07-2011, 12:25 PM   #17  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Happy Tuesday everyone!

I am feeling a little better today but still very tired... I am wearing my reading glasses to work today (which I should always but never do). Anything to keep me from feeling dizzy and having more nausea.

I am back with you on IP today... I had an IP lemon bar when I woke up and a vanilla RTD when I got to work. My husband wants me to eat more today. He is concerned. I brought a big saald and a can of tuna (with WF Thousand Island Dressing) to work today. I have a ready-made pudding in my desk drawer if needed in the afternoon. Not sure what supper will be... I defrosted pork chops but I may have a packet.

I will discuss what to do next with my Coach at my WI tomorrow. I really want to keep on going to 137 lbs but I'm not sure my body can take any more... I hope it can! Maybe it's my thyroid medication that is too high now that I've lost some weight and now that I am taking it at night? ...or I may have just overdone it with the party and all.

Way to go! You certainly did the right thing and it's nice that you got an instant reward for doing so! If only it could be that easy all of the time!

Hang in there! Maybe you lost inches this week? I think 2-3 lbs per week is pretty standard and pretty good. I know that that they advertise more and although that is possible for some, I don't think it is the norm.

I hope you get a visit from the "whoosh fairy" soon!
Thanks Susie!! I have lost inches, only 3.25" in 5 days though, I've been losing more than that usually. Hoping for the "whoosh fairy" to visit in the next couple of days.

Hope you feel better soon and get back to your normal self.

Last edited by JoAnne9597; 06-07-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 268/254/160

two weeks in and I'm down 14.5 pounds. Pretty excited about that. I went shopping the other day and bought a medium shirt. it was very stretchy mind you, but still, a MEDIUM . Pretty exciting
Old 06-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I had my first official WI today. I started packets on Thursday, but Tuesday mornings are the only mornings they have early openings. So after 5 days, I was down 4 lbs! I have been hungry, but hopefully that will get better soon.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 300/285/220

Height: 5'9"

I'm kind of thinking about starting to use alternative products. I'm feeling guilty spending this kind of money when we are trying to save to buy a house. I'm worried that if I use alternative products that my weight loss will slow down when I am so happy with the results I have had thus far. I also feel like I need the weekly weigh in for support and so that I am accountable to someone other thatn myself (I tend to talk myself into cheating) Has anyone strictly used alternative products? Have you had good results? I also feel bad "leaving" my coach. I realy look forward to seeing her once a week. We always have a few laughs and she is really encouraging. ?????What to do, what to do????????
Old 06-07-2011, 02:36 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 260/170/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenabeana View Post
I'm kind of thinking about starting to use alternative products. I'm feeling guilty spending this kind of money when we are trying to save to buy a house. I'm worried that if I use alternative products that my weight loss will slow down when I am so happy with the results I have had thus far. I also feel like I need the weekly weigh in for support and so that I am accountable to someone other thatn myself (I tend to talk myself into cheating) Has anyone strictly used alternative products? Have you had good results? I also feel bad "leaving" my coach. I realy look forward to seeing her once a week. We always have a few laughs and she is really encouraging. ?????What to do, what to do????????
I don't have advise about your coach, as I don't got one, my husband is my cheerleader though

As far as alternative products, I have used nothing but and I average 4lbs a week. Good luck with whatever you decide!
Old 06-07-2011, 02:44 PM   #22  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
I went and played a poker tourney last night. 2 hours in, I got shaky..and it dawned on me, I hadn't eaten any protein in like 5 hours
So glad I threw a protein bar in my pocket!!

I was amazed at how fast I went from fine to...Not fine!
Way to be prepared! And yes, do tell....did you win???

Quote:
Official Weigh In today: Week 7: -21 pounds WooooHooooo!!!!! I continue to average 3 lbs a week.

YEAH!!!

Thanks to everyone for congratulating me on my NFV yesterday. I look forward to all of you seeing less and less of me as time goes by.
GREAT JOB!!! And keep it going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca1978 View Post
I had my first official WI today. I started packets on Thursday, but Tuesday mornings are the only mornings they have early openings. So after 5 days, I was down 4 lbs! I have been hungry, but hopefully that will get better soon.
That's awesome Becca! Usually after the first week, your body adjusts and you're WAY less hungry.

As for me, another steady/busy day. I had hoped to work out at lunch, but I had a conference call at 1:00 and couldn't make it. So I'll have to go tonight. Everyone have a great day!!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #23  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Since two ppl asked..i guess I'll tell ya'll how I did. I placed In the Money: got 8th, which isn't that great, but better then not placing at all...LoL! So...still have my 50% in the money ratio for live play. (I don't play often though).

It is soo hot out today!! I should mow the lawn when hubby gets home (I'd do it now, but I can't get the mower to start it needs a trip to the repair shop)..but ith the heat the way it is...I don't know if I can make me!

My niece is just starting her second week of IP protocol, and she is still Hungry all the time I don't know if it's emotional or physical hunger..she seems to think it's physical..so Idk. Also, she's really moody. Poor thing. She wants to power through it though...She doesn't have a ton of weight to lose. She started at 165, down to 157 in one week, and wants to get to 140.

Anyway... have a great day!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:26 PM   #24  

Height: 5'2"

Default I feel exactly the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenabeana View Post
I don't know what to tell you, but I feel exactly the same. I would like to try the alternatives, in fact I have tried some of the products and they are just fine, but I am afraid to give up the program and my wonderful coach. I just don't know how successful I will be on my own and I have lost almost 30 lbs. and still have much more to lose.
Good luck in whatever you decide.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:29 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca1978 View Post
that's awesome! way to go. I'm a couple days into my third week, and there are still moments when I get hungry, but hot tea helps, and the extra water helps as well. I hope you stick with it! (i hope I do too...)
Old 06-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #26  

I tried the zucchini chips today. they are delicious! it was a bit testy trying to figure out how long to bake them for, but I really liked them. I used the extra spicy Mrs. Dash and it complemented them perfectly. easiest two cups of vegetables I've eaten yet!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:35 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I just went to buy my cal-mag vitamins from my former coach today. They will no longer sell me any of the vitamins. I'm really super annoyed, especially since I was told they would. Grr.

So now I need to find some alternatives. Especially since I'm completely out of cal-mag.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:35 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Went to Panera for lunch with a friend. I had scouted out the options ahead of time and I want to save my meat/fish for dinner so I did the side salad, no tomato. They first sent it out with the dressing so I took it back and asked for the dressing on the side. i also asked for warm water for my YUMMY chocolate drink. Felt pretty good. I feel like my scales are stuck around 200, but i know they don't really work so I am hoping WI on Friday shows continued progress!
Old 06-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead14 View Post
Had a big NSV last night!! Went to supper at my favorite resturant and stayed 100% OP

Trying hard not to weight every morning but had to see if I was able to at least maintain for the day with going out. Imagine my surprise when the scale showed 2lbs less this morning. WHAT??

Those 2lbs made staying OP so worth it!

Everyone have a wonderful fabulous day, remember to do something good for yourself....you deserve it
Good for you! Staying on program is sometimes difficult but every time you clear a hurdle like that it gets easier the next time. It is totally worth it not just for pounds lost but also the discipline that you are instilling in yourself that will see you all the way through this journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 View Post
Well I had my WI #6 last night and let me remind you it was 2 days earlier than I usually go. I usually go on wednesday nights but my coach didn't have any bookings left for that day so I had to do monday. Only down 0.8 lbs and 3.25 inches. ( I was not pleased. Was kinda depressed about the whole thing. I have 2 coaches. The coach that started it all is overwhelmed with the amount of people who have joined and has asked for the help of another person. So I usually alternate between the 2 of them. I've made a decision last night to have the 4th packet a day instead of only 3. I was really hoping for a bigger lost last night and with only 0.8 lbs, that wasn't enough for me. Plus I've only been averaging 2-3 lbs a week. I'm hoping for bigger numbers. I haven't cheated once and I've been OP, just don't know why it's not coming off faster. Plus I went on the scale this morning and I'm UP 2 lbs. WTH!!! So let's just say I'm a little depressed about the whole thing. ( Plus my legs have been hurting all morning, don't know why!
I know how hard it is to see everyone else losing (seemingly) faster and throwing down big numbers every week but you have been doing so well at staying on program and your overall weightloss is fantastic- don't be discouraged by one mini- week's results just look forward to next week's HUGE number (cause of course it will be ).

Quote:
Official Weigh In today: Week 7: -21 pounds WooooHooooo!!!!! I continue to average 3 lbs a week.

YEAH!!!

Thanks to everyone for congratulating me on my NFV yesterday. I look forward to all of you seeing less and less of me as time goes by.
Congrats BrownEyes keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab McButterson View Post
It's been a long rough week but managed to stay OP the entire despite being sick for 2 days and going to a local food truck market with friends. That is huge for me as I am a chef and love trying new foods but I steered cleared and enjoyed my bar and veggies

Week 4 official weigh-in- lost 3.8# and 4" for a 4 week total of 15.6# and 13.75"......hello skinny goodbye baby weight!! Never did I expect to see this diet work so well for me. Hoping to lose 10# by the end of June for our trip to Florida and the past dreaded bathing suit shopping!! Hope everyone has a great OP week!!
That's AWESOME!
Old 06-07-2011, 04:34 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

Just a quick "drive by" literally since I am on the road on an 8 hour journey home.
I went with my husband to his oncologist appointment and since Monday's are my usual weigh in day I figured I would get on the doctor scale because I wouldn't be able to weigh in at home (I have no coach). Anyways the scale at the doctor's office read 4 pounds lost!!! I was soooo excited because it was a doctor scale to boot, not my home scale.

NSC= I have NEVER in my adult life shopped in the non-plus section of the store, my husband and I were in Winnipeg Manitoba for 4 days and I was in desperate need of clothes. I tried several stores and discovered that I am a size 14!!! and some were a tight 12. I can't believe it, but on a sad note, I was so overwhelmed with being able to shop in ALL stores that I didn't buy too much. BUT...that's ok because I still have weight to lose so I didn't want to go overboard with buying too much.
Staying OP was a little more difficult with so many choices of restaurants, so I decided before I even went that I would do phase 2/3 and get right back on phase 1 when I get home. Yes, I know that this will probably slow my weight loss down for a week but it was worth it. When you live in a northern remote community with very little/no resources it felt good to get out of town for a few days.
p.s...my husband's appointment went extremely well (he has melanoma stage 3-4) and his prognosis is GREAT!
Closed Thread