Old 06-01-2011, 11:39 PM   #1  
banned

Default HELP! Sushi and Ideal Protein?

I've agreed to go out for sushi with a friend on friday. Now I'm trying to figure out is there is actually anything I can eat!! Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated. thanks!
3FCuser2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:29 AM   #2  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Oh no worries I do it all the time. I ask for steamed veggies (of course pull out anything that is not IP friendly), I also get sashimi (raw fish no rice of any kind). I also stick with the low sodium soy sauce. You will do fine no worries.
Beachbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I'm not on IP, but I've eaten plenty of sashimi while on Atkins. They should have some, but if not, you can always turn sushi into sashimi by ditching the rice. You might also be able to have the miso soup (not sure if that's on your plan or not). You might be able to eat the seaweed salad (again, not sure if that is on your plan or not -- there is probably some sugar in it). Also, they usually have kim chi (spicy pickled cabbage) and other pickled veggies which don't seem to have any sugar.

Last edited by yoyoma; 06-02-2011 at 07:05 AM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 246(H)/238(IP)/(ticker)/150

Height: 5'3"

ask for hand rolls, with (extra) cucumber.
the o****ashi (boiled spinach) without the sauce is good.
broiled kama collar is also good.
I would avoid the seaweed salad and the cucumber salad, as those likely have sugar in the marinade/dressing.
nerdigrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:58 PM   #5  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdigrrl View Post
ask for hand rolls, with (extra) cucumber.
the o****ashi (boiled spinach) without the sauce is good.
broiled kama collar is also good.
I would avoid the seaweed salad and the cucumber salad, as those likely have sugar in the marinade/dressing.
Can I ask what is kama collar? I eat out and have sashimi once a week and have never heard of this. Sounds interesting? Totally agree with you in regards to the seaweed salad and cucumber salad. I think since I am there with a girl friend 1 time a week when I ask for iP friendly items that are not on their menu they allow it. I asked for just chopped up tuna in a handroll no rice and gotta say it was fab! It will be my new thing to order. I even have them giving me IP friendly steamed veggies I ask them to keep out carrots, chestnuts, and snap peas and they do it. Usually it is cabbage, mushrooms, broccoli.
Beachbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Most sushi places will also have a roll option that is crab wrapped in thin cucumber sheets.
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote