Old 05-27-2011, 02:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/192/160

Height: 5' 5.5"

Smile First Day-Going Great So Far!

Hi Everyone,

Today is my first day on program, so I thought I'd say hello and introduce myself... I have battled with my weight since I was about 11. I'm 47 now. I have done pretty much every weight loss program out there you can think of at least once or twice. Until recently, any program I did was successful in helping me lose 20 to 50 pounds at a time, but nothing has worked at helping me keep the weight off. I used to be a fast loser in my 20's but since I turned 35, I lose really slowly. My last two efforts at Weight Watchers were completely frustrating-I did not lose much of anything after months of trying and I was always hungry.

I found out about this program from an ad in a local magazine. I did some research on it and found this forum. I liked what I read, so here I am. This group seems so helpful and welcoming. I have found some great tips that I have already started using!

So far, I love the products! They dissolve quickly, are satisfying, and taste great. I have not been that hungry today. This afternoon, I feel a little light-headed and tired, but it's not bad and I realize it's only temporary. I am looking forward to getting to know you all as I continue on my journey with you!

Have a great day!

Karen
karenfromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:26 PM   #2  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenfromtexas View Post
Hi Everyone,

Today is my first day on program, so I thought I'd say hello and introduce myself... I have battled with my weight since I was about 11. I'm 47 now. I have done pretty much every weight loss program out there you can think of at least once or twice. Until recently, any program I did was successful in helping me lose 20 to 50 pounds at a time, but nothing has worked at helping me keep the weight off. I used to be a fast loser in my 20's but since I turned 35, I lose really slowly. My last two efforts at Weight Watchers were completely frustrating-I did not lose much of anything after months of trying and I was always hungry.

I found out about this program from an ad in a local magazine. I did some research on it and found this forum. I liked what I read, so here I am. This group seems so helpful and welcoming. I have found some great tips that I have already started using!

So far, I love the products! They dissolve quickly, are satisfying, and taste great. I have not been that hungry today. This afternoon, I feel a little light-headed and tired, but it's not bad and I realize it's only temporary. I am looking forward to getting to know you all as I continue on my journey with you!

Have a great day!

Karen
Welcome Karen, drink lots of water it helps, if you have cravings have a herbal tea or go for a walk or keep your hands busy so they are not putting things in your mouth. This is a great diet and I believe if you follow through all the way to maintenance you will suceed. Remember you are never really off this diet once you hit maintenance but you will learn how to eat healthier so when you are in maintenance you make better choices. Join everyone in the daily thread there is lots of good advise and also couldn't do it without the recipes. There are some really good recipes there.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi Karen!
Congratulations on making your way here!
I've only been IP since Wednesday, so we are pretty much starting together. I found that my headaches were gone by the end of the second day, but I was popping tylenol to help. I found that when I had my vitamins like I was supposed to the headaches were gone. I also felt like I was retaining some serious water, but it went away with the vitamins.
I am waking up refreshed now, and I don't have to get up 4 times in the night to pee. I haven't slept all thru the night in probably 5 years. (Now I only wake up when my 2yr old DD needs me!)
I've already lost 4.5 lbs (in 3 days) and my stomach sticks out much less. I failed miserably on my first Day 1 - I couldn't control myself when I got home after supper. So, I am dealing with it by having a plan - I plan an activity every night that I can look forward to that will keep my mind and hands busy and out of the cupboard.
Well, here's to you, and all the success you're about to have! Be well.
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #4  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Welcome, Karen! Stick with it, follow protocol, don't cheat and it WORKS!! Congrats on taking the first step!!

Laura, I'm glad you re-grouped and started back at it! You're doing great!
ash825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

thank you Ash!
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Welcome, Karen! Thanks for introducing yourself. There is a lot of support on these pages and plenty of suggestions when you need them. I'm so glad you've decided to join us!

Laura, I love your mini-goal. I should try that! It's a bit daunting to know I still have 80lbs+ to go... Glad things are going well for you. This is the end of my third week, and it's much, much easier than it was. Being home and bored also means I'm hungry more, so today I kept myself busy: I cleaned the kitchen, put up all the dishes, and rearranged all of the glasses on the shelf. Felt so good!!
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195.6

Height: 5' 8"

Default New to program

Hi everyone,
Today is my 1st day on the IP diet. My goal is to lose 50 lbs. For the last 5 yrs I have tried numerous diets with no luck. I'm hoping this one will be different. Today was a little rough - I was pretty hungry. I didn't cheat - thank goodness! I'm hoping to learn a lot from all you seasoned dieters and I wish all the other new people who started this week much success.
Donna
Donna J G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 209.2/207.2/150

Height: 5' 4"

Awesome!!

I spent today getting ready to start tomorrow. I have my grocery list ready.

I am from Texas too.
krazytxan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 201/192/160

Height: 5' 5.5"

Thanks to everyone for your support! I am really excited about being on this program and being a member on this great site. Hope ya'll have a great day!

Karen
karenfromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote