Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 09:09 AM   #91  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKeeter1 View Post
Hi All -
I've been lurking for a couple weeks so I wanted to intro myself and thank you all for being here, talking about what's real, and offering such amazing insight and encouragement.

I'm on IP Phase I - day 10, and I'm down 9 lbs and 6.5 inches overall. Week one was rough with headaches, cravings, etc. But I must say - the last few days have felt EASY EASY EASY!

I've done some crazy strict programs before without any of the convenience this plan offers. So this almost feels like a no-brainer. The little bit of prep (veggies) & planning involved seems like a small price to pay for such promising results. I've got a big goal so I need something sustainable - and this feels like something I can do for quite awhile.

Anyway - my first mini goal (on this site) is to get me one of them fancy tickers. (LOL) Next, I'd like to visit & post frequently to become part of this wonderful community. People tend to have such a negative response to this diet when they initially hear about it, so it's good to be with people who understand it and realize what it is all about. (I'm reading Dr. Tran's book right now and it's helping me put the pieces together...).

Sending my good vibes out into the 3fc universe, and looking forward to knowing you all better as time goes by.

Yes this is an absolutely great site! I love it and find myself on it looking for all kinds of answers. The people on here are great, very encouraging and full of knowledge. Just remember we're all going through the same thing and we're all there for each other.

And congrats on your first WI, 9 lbs is a great start. Keep it up!!
Old 05-28-2011, 09:26 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 152/132/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Phase 3

Hi everyone, I haven't posted in a couple weeks. I finally had a good weight loss week and lost 4 pounds! I had a couple weeks of 1/2 or 1 pound losses. I run 3-4 days a week and my Dr actually had me decrease the amount I was running from 3 miles to 2-2 1/2 and it worked! I was able to start phase 3 yesterday and it definelty took planning to figure out what to eat! Eating strawberries and greek yogurt tasted as good as a strawberry sundae. This weekend starts the beginning of graduation parties so I am already trying to get myself in the right mindset so I do not cheat. I am worried about gaining this week in phase 3, has anyone else had that experience? Any suggestions to have it not happen?
Old 05-28-2011, 09:42 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

2RIDEROLLERCOAST,

Love the new haircut!!!!
Old 05-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #94  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Height: 5'5"

How long/how many pounds lost until your friends and family started to notice? I'm trying not to have hurt feelings but honestly nobody has noticed the change in my body. My husband works out of town so I only see him on the weekends - I lost 18lbs since I saw him last!!! Also, my mother commented on a pair of jeans I was wearing the other day. I told her my sister (smaller than me but also on Ideal) shrunk and gave them to me... she said "I thought that she had lost some weight!" My sister had lost 3lbs!!!!!!!!!! I have taken off over 30 in the last 6 months and no mention. OK, now I'm done with my rant - it's my body and what everyone else sees is not important.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:35 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLibE View Post
How long/how many pounds lost until your friends and family started to notice? I'm trying not to have hurt feelings but honestly nobody has noticed the change in my body. My husband works out of town so I only see him on the weekends - I lost 18lbs since I saw him last!!! Also, my mother commented on a pair of jeans I was wearing the other day. I told her my sister (smaller than me but also on Ideal) shrunk and gave them to me... she said "I thought that she had lost some weight!" My sister had lost 3lbs!!!!!!!!!! I have taken off over 30 in the last 6 months and no mention. OK, now I'm done with my rant - it's my body and what everyone else sees is not important.
Family and coworkers I saw every day started to notice around 30 pounds but other people that I saw less frequently started mentioning it around 50-60 pounds.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:53 AM   #96  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Well today is a ME day! Well for a couple of hours anyways. I'm treating myself to a full pedi today. I think I deserve it and it's just been way too long since I've had one. The last time I had one done was 1 week before delivering my now 11 months old baby girl. So I think I'm due, well overdue!!

Wish the sun would come out so I can get some more outdoor work done, but unfortunately it's suppose to rain here all weekend, so I guess I'll do some inside work until I go for my pedi.

So did anybody answer 2RIDEROLLERCOAST about why we're not allowed to have olives? I love olives and miss them. Just curious as to why we wouldn't be allowed.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:00 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Hey fellow IP'rs... I'm camping of course but wanted to check in and just say for anyone struggling, this is the best way of eating ever.... I have never felt better in my life! Having lobster and King crab with the hubby at our favorite place, The Nordic Lodge in Charlestown RI... I deserve this dinner!!! Take care everyone!!!
Old 05-28-2011, 11:05 AM   #98  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallylosing View Post
Hi everyone, I haven't posted in a couple weeks. I finally had a good weight loss week and lost 4 pounds! I had a couple weeks of 1/2 or 1 pound losses. I run 3-4 days a week and my Dr actually had me decrease the amount I was running from 3 miles to 2-2 1/2 and it worked! I was able to start phase 3 yesterday and it definelty took planning to figure out what to eat! Eating strawberries and greek yogurt tasted as good as a strawberry sundae. This weekend starts the beginning of graduation parties so I am already trying to get myself in the right mindset so I do not cheat. I am worried about gaining this week in phase 3, has anyone else had that experience? Any suggestions to have it not happen?
It's common & expected to put a couple of lbs on in phase 3 as your body rebuilds its glycogen stores. That is why they suggest going a couple of lbs under your goal weight befor starting phase 3 - to allow for that. I'm a week into phase 3 and was up 1.4 lbs at my last WI (I had been feeling bloated the whole week though, if that makes you feel any better - I was not up any inches). And I agree - the fuit & yogurt is as good as any ice cream sundae! I just finished off my breakfast - greek yogurt with bananas & blueberries & granola mixed in. YUM. As for the graduation parties, just treat it the same way you did when you were on phase 1 - IF IT'S NOT ON THE SHEET, YOU DON'T GET TO EAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 View Post
So did anybody answer 2RIDEROLLERCOAST about why we're not allowed to have olives? I love olives and miss them. Just curious as to why we wouldn't be allowed.
I believe it's because of the fat content, but why don't you ask your coach?
Old 05-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #99  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning, Everyone! Sorry not to have been around much lately. I'm still on the IP plan, just have no time to post as much. I am reading whenever I can and hope to be back on track in a day or so.

I miss not chatting with you guys.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 301/Ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

RE: Olives -

My coach said olives were out due to fat content.

On a similar 'relish' theme, I was SO excited, but a little hesitant when I learned I could have unlimited dill pickles (according to my coach). I waited several days before I had any. I decided to try them when I was going to a barbecue. I brought a jar to put out on the food table so I could have a finger snack while we were waiting for dinner and not be tempted by all the other carb-goodies.

I was shocked not to have ill effects after eating them. I have a hiatal hernia which has caused me terrible esophageal reflux my whole life - to the point where I get esophagus burns that ache & cause me chest pain for days.

This diet has substantially reduced my reflux - so I can eat a fairly large serving of pickles without any problems. My coach said it's because the diet is low fat and fat is a major trigger for reflux. It's been years since I could enjoy pickles so they feel like a tremendous treat for me.

My coach also said I could have crystal light - but I do find that THAT triggers some reflux for me, so I think I'll avoid it. Maybe I'll try the Mio Water Enhancers I've read about on this site.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKeeter1 View Post
RE: Olives -

My coach said olives were out due to fat content.

On a similar 'relish' theme, I was SO excited, but a little hesitant when I learned I could have unlimited dill pickles (according to my coach). I waited several days before I had any. I decided to try them when I was going to a barbecue. I brought a jar to put out on the food table so I could have a finger snack while we were waiting for dinner and not be tempted by all the other carb-goodies.

I was shocked not to have ill effects after eating them. I have a hiatal hernia which has caused me terrible esophageal reflux my whole life - to the point where I get esophagus burns that ache & cause me chest pain for days.

This diet has substantially reduced my reflux - so I can eat a fairly large serving of pickles without any problems. My coach said it's because the diet is low fat and fat is a major trigger for reflux. It's been years since I could enjoy pickles so they feel like a tremendous treat for me.

My coach also said I could have crystal light - but I do find that THAT triggers some reflux for me, so I think I'll avoid it. Maybe I'll try the Mio Water Enhancers I've read about on this site.
I eat a lot of pickles when I crave salt...I can understand how you feel about having something you can eat at events like bbqs. As for Crystal Light, be careful because most of them are aspartame based, but more and more flavours are coming out with Splenda. I use them sparingly when I need something sweet. (they are almost too sweet as I only use a half package in a bottle of water.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:46 PM   #102  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Default Smokey Saturday morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Rollercoaster - Well said I have been on here since Jan and to be perfectly honest I do not post on the daily threads anymore because of all the cheating going on. I know we are here to support each other but at the same time seeing those cheating is hard for us that work so hard daily to stay on plan. So no you are not being rude. The truth hurts sometimes...kudos to you for speaking up.
Thanks Beach, I am hoping that the cheats will go to the cheats posting and that issues and ideas and encouragement will continue here. Some days it is hard to read this link. One of the new people that is on IP told me yesterday she was just about discouraged to be on this forum because every second or third post was about cheating. She still is here but just skips those posts. I really enjoyed when I started I learned so much here and there wasn't even a mention of cheating. I think we all need encouragement at times and the truth other times... Have a great weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallylosing View Post
congrats on moving to phase 3, You have done a great job and I hope you enjoy phase 3, have a couple strawberries for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabearone View Post
2RIDEROLLERCOAST,

Love the new haircut!!!!
Thank you change is good

Quote:
I think this depends on body shape and size. I am 5.5 as well and to tell you the truth the first week I went to a going away party and one of my co worker's who hadn't seen me noticed right away... I kind of brushed it off as I hadn't even had a wi yet. I agree with bretley that around 30lbs everyone noticed. Now at 50 a LOT more people are noticiing. Sometimes our clothing hides how much our bodies have changed, I have found once I started wearing smaller sizes people noticed more. The nice thing about that too is every week someone I know asks how I did it and want more information, some join some find it isn't for them.. I just never thought of me as a role model.

Have a great weekend everyone, here in Edmonton it is smokey this morning must be another forest fire started up. I am enjoying spring, hope everyone gets out and enjoys the day. I started the morning for a nice long walk with my dogs and am now having an Ice Cap (ip cappaccino) and am now planning my day.
Hope eveyone is safe in all the regions in Canada and US that are flooding, fires and tornados. Please keep safe.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:24 PM   #103  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Hello everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around much. Extremely busy with classes and clinical. And I've been moody and feeling "blah" these past couple of days.

Good news is I had WI yesterday and lost another 3lbs!! Woohoo. Almost back to the 230's. I've lost over 10lbs in 3 weeks since I started going back to official WIs. I'm only 5lbs away from my pre-Hawaii weight of 237. It's been good to get the weight back off and feel good again!

I fell in love with Nashua Nutritions Splenda flavored hot cocoa. I had only ordered one box and it went by so fast! Even though it's summer a nice hot cup of cocoa is so yummy! I even brought a packet to the movies, asked for some hot water, and it turned out great! I ordered 5 more boxes, lol. I hope they get here fast!!

Today is full of homework. I may go to a movie tonight with my hubby as well.
Hope everyone has a great day!! Take care
Old 05-28-2011, 01:24 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
Since I have been on IP I have also noticed improvements in all of those things! Another thing I have notice is that I rarely have (sorry if this is TMI) gas. I think that I have some kind of food allergy, and as I add things back I hope to figure out what is causing that. The odd thing is that before IP, brocoli would just tear me up, but it doesn't anymore!!

And as far as feeding kids what we eat, I do the same and think that is fantastic. Mine get some different things for breakfast and lunch that include healthy carbs, but for dinner they have what I have. At first they complained, they said they would never eat this or that. But the other day I was making mashed cauliflower for dinner, and I heard one of them say, "Yes! I love mashed cauliflower!" They even request that we have big mac in a bowl, and turnips all the time. They have really opened up, and love most of what I make for dinner.

This is about lifetime changes for all of us.
I too have experienced most of what you have described...isn't it incredible how this program changes EVERYTHING?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Oh thats would be great...I'll give you my number and you can call me...
today my legs are sooo sore..makes me want to exercise more..i'm really loving the next phase of my life...
Did I tell you my son and his wife in Albany are going to make me a grand mother again...they have 4 children...and have decided to adopt 2 chhildren from Ethiopia...wow 6 kids ...so the chapters in my life are changing and I love it..
Oh wow congrats!! What an amazing time in your life!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
Good morning. It has been awhile since I posted, but I do read the chats when I can. We are quite busy getting ready for my son's wedding, which is three weeks from today. We are excited to have another daughter-in-law and it will be a great celebration

I just want to try to encourage anyone who is thinking of cheating (even just a little bit) to please rethink that. I have to tell you, I feel so good since I have lost my weight -- physically, mentally, emotionally -- and there is a reason why you started this diet. It was because you were not happy with the way you were feeling to begin with. I have been on Phase IV since the week of Easter and since then I have had plenty of times to overeat and indulge -- which I did not. I had Easter dinner, a bridal shower, Mother's Day, my son's and grandson's birthdays, a fundraiser and more -- all in the last few weeks. I have had to be very careful -- but trust me, it is worth it (I have this really cute dress to wear to the wedding). Please try to stick with it -- you will be so happy that you did. And almost every month of the year has a holiday or time that we, as Americans (and I am sure as Canadians) enjoy food so there is not the "perfect time" to start a diet. If you don't do that for a few months (short term), you will enjoy the rest of your life (long term)!

One thing that is easier for me than for you ladies and gentleman who have young children, is that it is just me and my husband who live in our house -- our sons are grown. But my husband and I decided to continue to eat our meals like Ideal Protein in the evening -- protein, fresh veggies and salad. Of course, we can add a few things occasionally that are not OP, but we love that way of eating. And we feel that if we stick to that it will help our health in the long run because we want to enjoy our grandson and upcoming grandchildren. After the investment in IP, I certainly do not want to gain it back so it makes sense to try to eat healthy. When you are on Phase IV can you have the occasionally treat? Certainly, but it doesn't have to be a daily ritual - that is what I learned from IP. That food does not control what I do and it doesn't control me anymore.

This is a great support group and I hope I haven't stepped on anybody's toes. But please hang in there -- it is well worth it!
AMEN!

Quote:
That last sentence in so true so hang in there It took about 25-30 for ppl to really notice with me. Now that I'm at 45, NO ONE is able to ignore it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Thanks Beach, I am hoping that the cheats will go to the cheats posting and that issues and ideas and encouragement will continue here. Some days it is hard to read this link. One of the new people that is on IP told me yesterday she was just about discouraged to be on this forum because every second or third post was about cheating. She still is here but just skips those posts. I really enjoyed when I started I learned so much here and there wasn't even a mention of cheating. I think we all need encouragement at times and the truth other times... Have a great weekend.

congrats on moving to phase 3, You have done a great job and I hope you enjoy phase 3, have a couple strawberries for me.

Thank you change is good

I think this depends on body shape and size. I am 5.5 as well and to tell you the truth the first week I went to a going away party and one of my co worker's who hadn't seen me noticed right away... I kind of brushed it off as I hadn't even had a wi yet. I agree with bretley that around 30lbs everyone noticed. Now at 50 a LOT more people are noticiing. Sometimes our clothing hides how much our bodies have changed, I have found once I started wearing smaller sizes people noticed more. The nice thing about that too is every week someone I know asks how I did it and want more information, some join some find it isn't for them.. I just never thought of me as a role model.

Have a great weekend everyone, here in Edmonton it is smokey this morning must be another forest fire started up. I am enjoying spring, hope everyone gets out and enjoys the day. I started the morning for a nice long walk with my dogs and am now having an Ice Cap (ip cappaccino) and am now planning my day.
Hope eveyone is safe in all the regions in Canada and US that are flooding, fires and tornados. Please keep safe.
Couldn't agree more about the cheating thing. So much mention of it lately and I know it's just people trying to "own" it but that is the biggest part of this program, it's all or nothing. And especially people new to the program have to be aware of that.
Great new profile pic by the way!

Afternoon everyone!
Went to the movies last night and saw Bridesmaids...omg if you haven't seen it yet, make sure you do. SO FUNNY!!! I love that the theatre doesn't scare me anymore when it comes to the food. I don't even look twice at the concession counter now. I bring my water and (usually) my restricted snack for the day and I'm A-OK!
I got very brave last night and posted this before and after pic to FACEBOOK last night and people went NUTS

I know I'm only just about halfway but I have to tell you, after seeing these pics side by side, I just can't believe it's me and I've actually come this far. Blows my freakin' mind actually after all the times I've failed at this in the past. I also updated the progress pics in the link in my signature. Can't wait to update them again!

Thanking everyone as always here for your constant support and encouragement. I wouldn't be where I am without this forum!!
Old 05-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #105  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
I know I'm only just about halfway but I have to tell you, after seeing these pics side by side, I just can't believe it's me and I've actually come this far. Blows my freakin' mind actually after all the times I've failed at this in the past. I also updated the progress pics in the link in my signature. Can't wait to update them again!
I know what you mean Stacy! Some days, I still feel like that little fat girl inside and don't feel like I've really changed that much. Those are the days when I have to go back and pull out my progress pictures and remind myself that yes, I HAVE changed!!!
Closed Thread