Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 12:15 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahecasmart View Post
Well, I did my first "official" weigh-in today. I'm doing IP with some alternative products. I "kinda" did it for about 4 days before "formally" starting last Friday. It's been a tough week, particularly with the long weekend thrown in, but I did it! And the results prove it.. I'm down 6.5 pounds!

DH started on Tuesday, and it is so much easier for me now that he and I are eating the same things and having his support is priceless.

Ladies, can I ask you to send out some prayers, or whatever good vibes you believe in? I work at a High School in Ottawa, and there was a terrible accident at one of our sister schools yesterday. An 18-year old student was working on a project in shop class when an oil tank exploded. He had no vital signs at the scene, was resucitated, and then passed away last night. The teacher, as well as a few other students were treated for non-life-threatening injuries. As you can imagine, it's been a devastating blow to the school and the community.
How incredibly sad! My thoughts & prayers are with the family and community that are dealing with this devastating loss.

On a happier note, congrats on a successful week one. You're off to a great start!
Old 05-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #32  
Started IP May11/11

S/C/G: 165.9/143.9/135/sz4

Height: 5'3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alally View Post
Hi all,
First, thank God for this forum, it made it easy for me to decide that I want to do IP.

Second, I have my first visit with my consultant today and I [lan to start IP tomorrow. I'm nervous and scared [it is Memorial Day weekend afterall]. This time, though, I have the resolve and the exceptional stories of people on this forum to keep me going.

Thanks to you all!

Ann
This forum is absolutely AMAZING!
There will always be those reasons, excuses to eat or not stick to your plan, you have made the decision to be on the diet for a reason and you will have to stick to it. IT will be hard, but after the weekend and you realize how great you did sticking to your plan, it will give you even greater motivation to stick to it! And you will no longer associate those things with food, mine was camping when I realised I didnt have to have smores to have a good time, it was a HUGE NSV to me, I was really worried too. I know it is easier said then done, but you REALLY can do it!
Old 05-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #33  
Started IP May11/11

S/C/G: 165.9/143.9/135/sz4

Height: 5'3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahecasmart View Post
Well, I did my first "official" weigh-in today. I'm doing IP with some alternative products. I "kinda" did it for about 4 days before "formally" starting last Friday. It's been a tough week, particularly with the long weekend thrown in, but I did it! And the results prove it.. I'm down 6.5 pounds!

DH started on Tuesday, and it is so much easier for me now that he and I are eating the same things and having his support is priceless.

Ladies, can I ask you to send out some prayers, or whatever good vibes you believe in? I work at a High School in Ottawa, and there was a terrible accident at one of our sister schools yesterday. An 18-year old student was working on a project in shop class when an oil tank exploded. He had no vital signs at the scene, was resucitated, and then passed away last night. The teacher, as well as a few other students were treated for non-life-threatening injuries. As you can imagine, it's been a devastating blow to the school and the community.
Very sorry to hear about your devistating news, our thoughts are with you and the rest of the school family at this time.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:41 PM   #34  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
Had A Wi Today And I Lost 6lbs!!!!! Yay!!!!!!
WOW! Fabulous loss!
Old 05-27-2011, 12:51 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 225/189/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlad View Post
I'm doing good, down approx 40lbs now in 8 weeks and feel great. Over half way there and still determined and motivated. Keeping the exercise up too and feel more energetic.
WaY TO GO...I hope to be following your footsteps in another 4 weeks...woot woot!
Old 05-27-2011, 12:53 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 225/189/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlad View Post
I'm doing good, down approx 40lbs now in 8 weeks and feel great. Over half way there and still determined and motivated. Keeping the exercise up too and feel more energetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 View Post
Morning!! Well last night was a my first test of cheating. My daughter who is 8 years old is in Girl Guides well she's in a level below so it's called Brownies (first hint..lol). Well it was their advancement party last night. It's kinda like a graduation. She will become a girl guide next year for the next four years. It was a tea and desert theme. So of course in the end, they invited everybody for desert, coffee, tea and juice. All parents had to bring in a desert. There was no way I was gonna start baking yesterday so I just went to the grocery store and bought a mixture of everything. When I got home I opened the container and smelled all the chocolate. I was tempted but thought to myself no way, I've come a long way already and don't want to ruin it. But then when my DD and DH sat beside me at the celebration with 2 plates full of desert, let me tell you I was NOT impressed with them. I know it's not their fault. But in a way I was mad. My DH saw that I wasn't happy and turned away from me to eat quickly. DD had a plate full, probably like 8-10 little deserts. I told DH as if you let her have that much. He was like well it's your night. Yeah but it's now 8pm and she'll be bouncing off the walls in no time. WHATEVER I said! I told him he didn't have to turn away as everybody around me was eating the desert. So let's just say this was the first time I was tempted but I'm so proud of myself for not having any. I brought myself and bottle of water and had that. And when I got home I had my last packet with a few veggies. And I was satisfied. Proud of myself.

Judogirl: How do you make the turnip fries?

And another question! My coach told me that we're not allowed to eat after 8pm. Is that true and why? I return to work after being off for a year on maternity leave at the end of June. I work shift work, nights, days and weekends. When working nights, I will be eating at night and obviously sleeping during the day. I'm just wondering how this will all work out. Does anybody have answers or have gone through this yet?
Way to beat temptation! You have to be so proud!
Old 05-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
Had A Wi Today And I Lost 6lbs!!!!! Yay!!!!!!
Whoo hooo!!! Way to go!!
Old 05-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #38  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Last night I did the hottie body class...wow my body is saying to me today...
are you serious I'm staying in bed...but time to get up and motivated...

My clinic has gotten push back for the Grand Opening a week..Contractor
problems..so I've got to contact everyone today and let them know..Its so upsetting..I'm as ready as they are...So official opening will be June 8th...Wed...
I'll be dancing like my little carrot friend

Everyone have a great weekend..remember stay on program tuesday you will be glad you did..and be inventive..have the turnip fries..yummy one of my favorites..or make the most beautiful salad you can ...be creative with the foods you eat and it can be soooo fun...also have some decaf raspberry tea it makes your tounge happy...plus move that body....

:wo ops:
Hey lady...very exciting about your opening. The personal trainer that has been working with our small work group since January does a "hottie body" type bust your butt workout.....I can't believe how muscular I am after 24 weeks without missing class (2X a week)...very proud of that accomplishment. Well, I am enjoying phase 2 and actually losing...so that is very awesome. Stay well....may be flying into San Antonio at some point to see my daughter...if I do...I will check out your new clinic.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:13 PM   #39  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmama View Post
Way to beat temptation! You have to be so proud!
Thanks I am really proud and everybody else here should be proud of themselves too. We all took the first step to make a better life for ourselves and for the ones we love around us. It's continuing that is hard but we are all getting great results, now it's to keep it and keep motivating each other. This site is great. Thanks everybody!!

Also, I know I keep asking this question but nobody seems to want to answer.

With shift work coming in the next 3 weeks, I'm wondering how I will adjust to nights and days. Any suggestions?
Old 05-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #40  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Thanks I am really proud and everybody else here should be proud of themselves too. We all took the first step to make a better life for ourselves and for the ones we love around us. It's continuing that is hard but we are all getting great results, now it's to keep it and keep motivating each other. This site is great. Thanks everybody!!

Also, I know I keep asking this question but nobody seems to want to answer.

With shift work coming in the next 3 weeks, I'm wondering how I will adjust to nights and days. Any suggestions?
If I were to do shift work..I'd try to stick to the same schedule I have at home. In general I eat every 4 hours.

8 - breakfast
12-lunch
4- dinner
8- snack

Since I'm home it works well for me..I don't have a huge gap between lunch and dinner, like some have. My family knows I don't eat what they do at dinner..and it helps me Make there dinner, if I've just eaten.

HTH..
Old 05-27-2011, 01:41 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

[QUOTE=2RIDEROLLERCOAST;3867060]Good morning all, I am on week 16 now don't have my WI 15 until monday but the way my scale has been going I am not too hopeful. Don't know what that is about but... I think it might be I tried having a little extra slice of ham when I am hungry, will try not to do that for the weekend and hopefully I will have lost instead of gained like my scale is saying... I thought this week as I am suppose to wi on thursday I would come home and do it myself... I am throwing that thing away, besides the cat is taking up too much room in my bathroom she will soon be sleeping on the scale.
I think I am still having food issues as I want to eat everything when I have extra veggies cooked and I know I am full but the urge to nibble here and there are getting me in trouble. Have a new picture I am going to try to add today see what you all think of my new hair!

Have a great weekend and my US friends have a great Memorial Day weekend.

Hang in there this weekend! You can do it I know, look at how successful you have been! I know that I will always battle the nibble issue. That is what got me where I was. I wish I knew a cure for it!
Looking forward to seeing your "new hair"!
Old 05-27-2011, 01:42 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Morning!! Well last night was a my first test of cheating. My daughter who is 8 years old is in Girl Guides well she's in a level below so it's called Brownies (first hint..lol). Well it was their advancement party last night. It's kinda like a graduation. She will become a girl guide next year for the next four years. It was a tea and desert theme. So of course in the end, they invited everybody for desert, coffee, tea and juice. All parents had to bring in a desert. There was no way I was gonna start baking yesterday so I just went to the grocery store and bought a mixture of everything. When I got home I opened the container and smelled all the chocolate. I was tempted but thought to myself no way, I've come a long way already and don't want to ruin it. But then when my DD and DH sat beside me at the celebration with 2 plates full of desert, let me tell you I was NOT impressed with them. I know it's not their fault. But in a way I was mad. My DH saw that I wasn't happy and turned away from me to eat quickly. DD had a plate full, probably like 8-10 little deserts. I told DH as if you let her have that much. He was like well it's your night. Yeah but it's now 8pm and she'll be bouncing off the walls in no time. WHATEVER I said! I told him he didn't have to turn away as everybody around me was eating the desert. So let's just say this was the first time I was tempted but I'm so proud of myself for not having any. I brought myself and bottle of water and had that. And when I got home I had my last packet with a few veggies. And I was satisfied. Proud of myself.

Judogirl: How do you make the turnip fries?

And another question! My coach told me that we're not allowed to eat after 8pm. Is that true and why? I return to work after being off for a year on maternity leave at the end of June. I work shift work, nights, days and weekends. When working nights, I will be eating at night and obviously sleeping during the day. I'm just wondering how this will all work out. Does anybody have answers or have gone through this yet?
So proud of you for staying strong! I too have felt angry at times watching others eat what I can't right now but all I have to do is think about how worth it it will all be in the end...too bad that we're creatures who always want instant gratification huh??

My coach had told me to try not to eat after 8pm as well but for the most part, that hardly ever happens...my snack is usually closer to 11 and it doesn't seem to have presented a problem for me...

Morning everyone! Can't wipe the smile off my face today as I just got back from WI 14 with INCREDIBLE news!
Most of you know I went to Disney, went off program, and came home 7.4 lbs. heavier...while I owned it, I was still obviously bothered by it and made it my mission this past week and a half to rock phase 1 all over again....Well, I'm pretty sure I succeeded

13 lbs. down (so I lost the 7.4 I had gained THEN some)
for a total of 45.7 lbs. in 14 weeks
and a total of 30.3 inches

I'm THRILLED!! My husband came with me to my WI this morning and it was sweet to hear him tell my coach how amazing he thinks I am

I'm even more excited about getting into that new dress I bought the other day for the bridal shower this weekend. I can't believe that in just over 3 months, I'm already almost half way to my goal.

I'd like to thank everyone here for the constant motivation I get from reading the posts...it's because of this forum and my amazing coach that I'm where I am right now and I feel AMAZING.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-27-2011, 01:56 PM   #43  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
So proud of you for staying strong! I too have felt angry at times watching others eat what I can't right now but all I have to do is think about how worth it it will all be in the end...too bad that we're creatures who always want instant gratification huh??

My coach had told me to try not to eat after 8pm as well but for the most part, that hardly ever happens...my snack is usually closer to 11 and it doesn't seem to have presented a problem for me...

Morning everyone! Can't wipe the smile off my face today as I just got back from WI 14 with INCREDIBLE news!
Most of you know I went to Disney, went off program, and came home 7.4 lbs. heavier...while I owned it, I was still obviously bothered by it and made it my mission this past week and a half to rock phase 1 all over again....Well, I'm pretty sure I succeeded

I'm THRILLED!! My husband came with me to my WI this morning and it was sweet to hear him tell my coach how amazing he thinks I am

I'm even more excited about getting into that new dress I bought the other day for the bridal shower this weekend. I can't believe that in just over 3 months, I'm already almost half way to my goal.

I'd like to thank everyone here for the constant motivation I get from reading the posts...it's because of this forum and my amazing coach that I'm where I am right now and I feel AMAZING.

THAT IS GREAT NEWS STACY!!! SIMPLY AMAZING! AWESOME JOB, KEEP IT UP! And there was another NSV for you, for hubby to say those nice things about you to someone else right in front of you. CONGRATS!!!

Thanks for the info ladies....very much appreciated!!
Old 05-27-2011, 01:56 PM   #44  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post

awww that is great new, you must be so proud, and don't you feel like you accomplished something to be half way to your goal is an amazing feeling. Keep up the good work, and we want a picture of you in that dress. Have fun at the bridal shower
Old 05-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #45  
Newby!!

Default Having trouble...

Hello all!! I am new to this site, but feel pretty comfy already!! I have been doing this IP diet for 4 and 1/2 months now and am stuck! I have lost 70 lbs, but now I feel like I have hit a wall!! I'm craving all the wrong foods and even had to take a couple days off, which turned out to be horrible for me. I feel like I need to start fresh. Any thoughts, motivation or suggestions?? THIS DIET WORKS!! I need to stick to it!!!!!

Last edited by Grmekor78; 05-27-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Closed Thread