Clothing NSV

• What to do with those "big" clothes. I feel bad saying to friends that I have nice clothes if they'd like to go thru them, so I don't even go there. So, I took a big load to Goodwill yesterday. I felt guilty about just hauling away perfectly nice clothes then thought, someone out there needs this stuff! Let it go! LOL, I have this visual of my best friend who has a different closet for each size she plans to "get back into" and my saying to her, "When you do get back to that size, you'll want NEW stuff as a reward!" Had to use my own advice. Bottom line, it feels good to NEED new clothes!
  • I'm just going to take mine to a tailor as I move through this process. 10 bucks to fit my favorite jeans is better then 70 bucks for new.

I don't want to buy an entire closet for every 40-50 lbs. I'll want a complete brandspankin' new wardrobe when I'm done the whole process though!
  • Quote: What to do with those "big" clothes. I feel bad saying to friends that I have nice clothes if they'd like to go thru them, so I don't even go there. So, I took a big load to Goodwill yesterday. I felt guilty about just hauling away perfectly nice clothes then thought, someone out there needs this stuff! Let it go! LOL, I have this visual of my best friend who has a different closet for each size she plans to "get back into" and my saying to her, "When you do get back to that size, you'll want NEW stuff as a reward!" Had to use my own advice. Bottom line, it feels good to NEED new clothes!
    I think that's great. I have been to Goodwill a couple of times to get smaller stuff. I did buy a couple of new things from regular stores but just can't see spending a bunch of money on clothes that will just fit for a month or so. I love shopping at Goodwill and Thrift stores - my kids even like it. They know that they can get a lot more stuff there than at a regular store!!
  • I gave mine to a friend, she wasn;t insulted at all, just happy she got new clothes!! luckily I had the next few sizes down in my just in case I lose weight section of the closet lol or if your in the us go to www.freecycle.com and post it on their, its a site that people use instead of filling landfills, just find your local area, people will email you and ask for it and you just leave it outside for them to pick up!
  • I hauled two huge bags to the donation bin a couple of weeks ago and boy, was that fun! I had a hard time letting go a few things but overall I am so excited! I drove straight to the mall afterwards and bought some new clothes. I usually work the new clothes into my mini goals as rewards :-)
    I only buy on sale or clearance right now since I know I won't wear it for long anyways. I bought GAP pants for $20 instead of $70 in the final sale rack and they are a flattering size 10. How is that for a mini goal reward? Love it!

However, I know that GAP sizes are screwed up and I am actually a 14 not a 10. But it surely made my day that size 14 and 12 were too big :-)