Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi all, me again.

Ok, it's middle of the afternoon for me. I'm a touch hungry, and feeling like I have a bit of a headache. I've had 6 glasses of water so far today (not counting the shakes), but I also feel like I'm retaining a huge amount of fluid - like my blood pressure has gone up or something. Bending over gives me a rush of fluid to my head. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be concerned, or just wait for my kidneys to process it so I can pee? I am usually a large water drinker - it's nothing for me to drink 16-20 glasses a day, so the amount I've had so far is nothing, but I feel like I'm retaining it.
Any ideas?
Old 05-24-2011, 06:27 PM   #62  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
I was sitting here thinking about summer vacations to exotic places and was wondering about airline foods, etc. Now that the TRS has become so strict about what you can and cannot take on a plane, I'm wondering how one prepares for a long flight. Even if you have a stop over, the concessions don't cater to those of us who are trying to maintain an IP diet. What's a girl to do? Anyone up to talk about this little challenge?
Hi BrownEyes! I love your posts. You are doing a great job supporting the folks on the site. Very cool. I'm also jealous that you'll be able to experience JudoGirl's clinic first-hand.

There is a great 'Traveling while on IP' thread up in the stickies that has some ideas. The good news is you can always pack your shaker and packets in your carry on, as well as any puffs, ridges or bars. So make sure you have supplies (plus extras due to the recent weather craziness!) before you leave home. Leave the ready to drink boxes in your checked bags of course.

Many airports now have some healthier choices for restaurants. Since you'll know in advance where you are connecting you can do some research re: what restaurants are available. Domestically it is really easy. Internationally it can be more challenging. But you can look at it like planning a night at a great restaurant. Plan, plan, plan. Heck, even McD's has salads you can get without dressing, croutons, etc. so most of the time you can get by. Oh! And don't forget the pickles!

Keep us informed re: your exotic travels so we can live vicariously through you.

Last edited by Lucky Chick; 05-24-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:28 PM   #63  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura G View Post
Hi all, me again.

Ok, it's middle of the afternoon for me. I'm a touch hungry, and feeling like I have a bit of a headache. I've had 6 glasses of water so far today (not counting the shakes), but I also feel like I'm retaining a huge amount of fluid - like my blood pressure has gone up or something. Bending over gives me a rush of fluid to my head. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be concerned, or just wait for my kidneys to process it so I can pee? I am usually a large water drinker - it's nothing for me to drink 16-20 glasses a day, so the amount I've had so far is nothing, but I feel like I'm retaining it.
Any ideas?
I'm not a doctor, but have you had your supplements and your salt? Maybe lick some salt off your hand... Hang in there!

Last edited by Lucky Chick; 05-24-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannymae32 View Post
Le Chateau eh! I haven't been in that store since I was in highschool. My gosh I do love some of the dresses they carried. A HUGE congrats to you!!! I am thrilled for you! I hope you have a blast at the bridal shower wearing your beautiful new dress!

I had another q for you Ontariophotogal, about how your finding your energy levels for weddings on this diet. I admit to being a bit deflated for the event by the end of the day. Any tips and tricks (or times) you have eaten and found it working for you.
Thank you!!! I hope it looks as nice in photos as I think it does in the mirror

I've actually only shot one wedding so far since being on the program and it went ok for me. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next few months. I always take most of May off due to vacation so June-October are my busiest wedding times.
I will say that I am a bit concerned about how to get all my food in when I'm supposed to while working a wedding but I figure between my shakes and bars, I should be good to go. Will just mean bringing a cooler with me and possibly leaving my assistant to shoot at times if I need to eat
Sorry I can't be more help right now!
Old 05-24-2011, 07:40 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 247/180.8/170

Height: 5'5

Default Onederland!!!

Woohoo! Hit Onderland today, weighed in at 199.5. First time in years being below 200. As a treat to myself for reaching this I bought a Pandora Charm Bracelet with one charm and for each 10 pound loss I will add another charm and hubby said he would complete the bracelet when I reach final goal.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalynn View Post
Woohoo! Hit Onderland today, weighed in at 199.5. First time in years being below 200. As a treat to myself for reaching this I bought a Pandora Charm Bracelet with one charm and for each 10 pound loss I will add another charm and hubby said he would complete the bracelet when I reach final goal.
AWESOME!!!! (And I love my Pandora bracelet)! That's a great idea as a "reward" because it's a constant reminder of how far you've come and you can imagine it full everytime you feel a snack attack creeping up! If you ever feel the need for a cupcake, the Pandora one is really cute and 0/0/0!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #67  

Exclamation Help Help Help

Help! I'm home and I want to eat my face off. It's only day 1 right? I can start again tomorrow.... I had so few calories today, so what if I binge and eat a bunch now? I'll still be lower than usual, so I'm still dieting right?

Argh! Come on big numbers - this is so hard, but so worth it.
If anyone out there is online, please respond - I need to be talked down!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:33 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Laura, you CAN do this. Have some water, a tea, even an extra packet or a hard boiled egg if necessary. Any of those things should be able to get you through. So much of this is psychological, I too had those exact same thoughts the first week. Don't sabotage yourself, if you do, you WILL regret it. This program is NOT cheap, you don't want to waste your hard earned money and I can tell you from experience that NOTHING feels as good as getting thinner feels. Stay strong my friend
Old 05-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #69  
started IP March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 236.5/ticker/155

[QUOTE=BROWNEYES47;3863237]
Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
I've been on IP for 5 weeks now and to be down by 15 pounds is 3 lbs a week, and that's not too bad, given my thyroid problems.
BROWNEYES47

3 lbs a week is fantastic! I'm averaging about the same and couldn't be happier (this is the quickest I've ever lost weight and inches!).

I also just wanted to say you are so wonderfully supportive of everyone on this forum. You have such a sunny attitude - it's lovely to see.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:38 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 250/217/165

Height: 5.7

hi all i was wondering about lunches is it mainly just salads and a protein supplement? Also what vitamins and such should i be taking? thanks in advance for any responses!!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:38 PM   #71  

Thank you for responding! I look at your numbers and it motivates me to keep on going. Would eating something extra (like the egg) defeat the diet? I thought I was only supposed to eat exactly what was on the sheet....
I'm not going to think about adding more food - I CAN COMMIT TO THIS DIET FOR 1 LOUSY WEEK. After that, I hope the numbers are good and the feeling is is enough to recommit me.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:48 PM   #72  
started IP March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 236.5/ticker/155

Quote:
Thank you for responding! I look at your numbers and it motivates me to keep on going. Would eating something extra (like the egg) defeat the diet? I thought I was only supposed to eat exactly what was on the sheet....
I'm not going to think about adding more food - I CAN COMMIT TO THIS DIET FOR 1 LOUSY WEEK. After that, I hope the numbers are good and the feeling is is enough to recommit me.
Hi Laura,

This is only your first day so don't beat yourself up if you have an extra egg, or even an extra packet. I seem to recall you are allowed up to 5 packets per day in the first week (only 1 restricted though). Sounds strange, but I found a warm cup of mint tea and a pickle really helped me get through the first few days. Just take it day by day!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:53 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmama View Post
Has anyone noticed that when you are on IP, there is no sleeping in? When I wake up in the morning...I am awake! It is a good thing, for the most part, BUT not at 4:30am.....ugh! This will be a long day! Hope all is well with everyone. Stay strong and on plan today!
YES!! I have noticed that! I don't have to struggle with crawling out of bed at 7:30am and rushing to get ready - Now I get up before my 6:30am alarm! (though part of it, I'm sure, is that the SUN is actually up at 6:30)
Old 05-24-2011, 08:55 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default mini goal album

Quote:
Hi all, me again.

Any ideas?
Laura laura laura, her is what I want you to do.
Go to the mini goal photo albums and check out how everyone has changed.
Just do a search. I tried to copy and paste the link but it didn't work. If you really really want to make a change in your life, this is the way to do it. I've lost 50 lbs. in 18 weeks, 18 Weeks, and you can do it too. NO EXCUSES!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:00 PM   #75  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Hey Laura, keep your eye on the prize, girl! This will become easier, I promise. Drink your water and have that egg. The important thing is that you don't give up. I talked to my doctor today. You're a big girl like I am. She said that our bodies need extra protein, so that's probably why you're feeling that way. That egg is perfectly fine, but to make yourself feel better, why don't you contact your coach and see what she suggests to make this week easier for you?

We're all here to support you, girl. If I can do it; anyone can! A month from now you're going to look back on this and say... it was all worth it.

Have you set minigoals for yourself? My minigoal is to get under 250 lbs. Today I'm at 271, so you see... I'm not that far away from you. It DOES get easier. Don't give up now' you've almost completed the day!
Closed Thread