Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 09:44 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 225/184/150

Height: 5'7

I have officially made it a whole month! Whoohoo! And I have 24 lost pounds to show for it, as well as almost 5" off my waist- all in all pretty exciting stuff. I don't know about everyone else, but mini goals are definitely helping me stay motivated!!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:07 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

Great work Ladies!

Tues hasn't started out well here for me.... IP wise things are fine.. loving the program! But I realized this morning that a bag I thought contained just tissue paper and empty shoeboxes actually also contained my daughters soccer uniform Her first game is tonight
What's even worse is that she is on a Rep team so she can't wear any other uniform and can't play without her full uniform otherwise there are fines

Mom of the year award goes to Me!!

She is devestated! I'm trying to get her another uniform from the printers today *fingers crossed*

At least this will keep my mind off of snacking
Old 05-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #18  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Not much to post today.

Sunflow..sorry to hear about your bf. It has to be really hard to get hit with both in the same day!! Very defeating. But it will turn around.

Pxlkitty- Good planning on your conference!! Enjoy the success of staying true to your goals !

Everyone else have a good day today.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:48 AM   #19  
Lovin the way I feel!

S/C/G: 235(start IP 4/15/11)/tick/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I have officially made it a whole month! Whoohoo! And I have 24 lost pounds to show for it, as well as almost 5" off my waist- all in all pretty exciting stuff. I don't know about everyone else, but mini goals are definitely helping me stay motivated!!
Thats great!!! Keep up the good work! I need to start making some mini goals, because my big main goal seems so far away! My only problem is I am not sure how to set mini goals!? I know weird...but I just can't seem to make them or follow them! Any ideas??
Old 05-24-2011, 11:28 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 178.4/150.7/125

Height: 5'

Default New Here...

Hi...so today makes one week that I started on IP. My goal is to lose 50lbs. After many unsuccessful tries at other diets I decided to try IP after seeing such fabulous results from two co-workers.
So week one....worst and longest week of my life!! I fantasized about carbs every minute. Battled with headaches and moodiness. BUT I was losing a pound a day which kept me motivated.
Today I woke up and almost fell apart because I GAINED 2 pounds!! I have my first weigh in this afternoon and I am so upset!! I'll probably have only lost 4lbs.
For a first week that is less than ANY other diet I have ever been on. So discouraged.
I did everything by the book.
I do have IBS and my belly is in an uproar. I am bloated, and just feel crampy. So my body may have to adjust, well my intestines, may have to adjust to so MANY greens, which I have always struggled with.

Well thanks for reading...

Any words of encouragement would help out
Old 05-24-2011, 11:32 AM   #21  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

[QUOTE=Susie_Bee;3862493]Happy Tuesday everyone!

My weight was up a teeny bit this morning (149.0 lbs) but maybe the lack of sleep didn't help. I was also starting to feel like I needed to take some Floralax and I did, so hopefully, that will be all straightened out by my WI tomorrow at lunchtime, when I plan on announcing to my Coach that I am finishing off my "lunch packets" (chili, spaghetti, omelet, soups) and moving onto phase II! I honestly feel ready now.
QUOTE]

You are always such a role model! Congratulations on reaching another Milestone! I'm so happy for you!

I went to my thyroid doctor this morning. She was so happy to see that I had lost 15 pounds. She is adjusting my syntheroid to help speed the weight loss a little bit and is excited for me. I will see her again in two months. At that time, she thinks she will be able to lower the amount of syntheroid. I'm just a very happy camper today!
Old 05-24-2011, 11:34 AM   #22  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Broad View Post
WOW Classy Broad!!! That's commendable!!! Congratulations!
Hope you continue to be so successful!
Old 05-24-2011, 11:47 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
My chiropractor patted my stomach yesterday when I was on the adjustment table and said, "You're doing IP, aren't you? You can really tell!"
"Why yes, I fit into all my clothing now," was my response. Yay! It's good to get positive feedback and reinforcement.

I gave my notice at work yesterday and now they are trying to keep me. This is part of why I can't fall back to sleep, so I'm going for a 40 minute walk with my dog now. Looks like the rain is holding off for now! Have a great OP day everyone!

You are all such an inspiration! Keep up the good work!
Thank you for starting the thread CinnamonSparkles- it sounds like life is very much on track, your 'reduction' & maintenance is going so well and everybody 'wants' you! (Job wise at least)
Old 05-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #24  

[QUOTE=BROWNEYES47;3862732]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Happy Tuesday everyone!

I went to my thyroid doctor this morning. She was so happy to see that I had lost 15 pounds. She is adjusting my syntheroid to help speed the weight loss a little bit and is excited for me. I will see her again in two months. At that time, she thinks she will be able to lower the amount of syntheroid. I'm just a very happy camper today!
I'm really hoping for you that the change in medication will increase your losses- you've always been so positive even though you've lost at a slower rate- you deserve an increase!
Old 05-24-2011, 11:54 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflow321 View Post
Cinnamon -

Thanks a lot. I guess I just needed to sleep on it, and I feel a little better this morning. I'm not actually helping him pay for the ring, I'm just helping out with saving money around the house and financial advice and moral support. Last night we talked about me helping, just because of circumstance, but he was really against it. He told me it wouldn't be fair for me to have to help and that he doesn't want it. We aren't really trying to save but about $400, but even that has been hard to find working through school... Anyway, no more sad talk, today is gonna be OP for me, no matter what. ^_^
Sorry to hear about your troubles Sunflow but good for you for staying on track diet wise and not letting it derail you! The ring will come (cause all good things come with time, right?) and you'll look fantastic in your engagement photos AND your wedding photos (which are up on the wall for the rest of your life!).
You and I have the exact same start & goal weights and we are the same height- glad to be on this journey with you and everyone else here!
Old 05-24-2011, 11:59 AM   #26  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phall8180 View Post
Thats great!!! Keep up the good work! I need to start making some mini goals, because my big main goal seems so far away! My only problem is I am not sure how to set mini goals!? I know weird...but I just can't seem to make them or follow them! Any ideas??
Goal setting is a tricky thing- you need to find something that has emotional meaning for you to really make it stick. You have lots of options: weight goals, clothing size goals, time OP goals, measurement and bodyfat goals. What means the most to you?

My first goal was 20 lbs/10% of my start weight (which is technically 23 lbs). I have been planning a 90 minute pedicure as my reward.
My next goal will be getting under the 200 lb mark. I'm looking forward to celebrating that!
Old 05-24-2011, 12:08 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 225/184/150

Height: 5'7

Default Mini goals...

Quote:
I try to mix it up so that it's not always a number on the scale - getting into an old pair of jeans, or wearing a belt I hadn't worn in almost 2 years- mixing those little motivators in with getting under 215, getting under 200... and leaving those items where I can see them! Then when I am able to wear them I get a little extra motivation to keep going.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:09 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmama View Post
Has anyone noticed that when you are on IP, there is no sleeping in? When I wake up in the morning...I am awake! It is a good thing, for the most part, BUT not at 4:30am.....ugh! This will be a long day! Hope all is well with everyone. Stay strong and on plan today!
That was me Sunday morning...my one day to sleep in! Oh well, feeling pretty well despite!

I had WI#2 last night, I stayed the same...hmmfff...TOM is approaching any day, so I am hoping that attributes to perhaps some water gain. Not really sure, all I know is, I am going to stay OP and see what happens....we do have a long weekend approaching and I have a wedding Saturday!!! eek!
Old 05-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #29  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default when things get rough the tough get going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Drive-by post...

I'm back in NYC for a few days this week. My MIL was at our house since last Thursday... Busy, busy times. I am staying at a hotel that brings you free coffee/water in the morning if you are a frequent stay member. I have to say that my new absolutely favorite thing in the world is having someone bring me coffee in the morning. The cold water for my crispy cereal is pretty darn nice too.

The place where I am doing training (SAS Institute -- statistical and data software) has tons of junk food out all the time. At least they have a good selection of tea/coffee as well and all the cold water you want. Yesterday afternoon I mixed up a pina colada drink in my water bottle while everyone else was having their snack. I felt like I was having a real treat, didn't feel deprived at all, and planned to have a lovely filet mignon, broccolini, and asparagus for dinner

I hope everyone is doing well. I will have to catch up when I am back home.
I am proud of you and I also envy your trip to NY, someday I will get there. I work at an airport and to see all these happy people travelling every day sure gives me the bug... that will be later. Last time I went for training the same thing, they baked chocolate chip cookies in the afternoons, I had a pina colada and it was great. This was in my first 2 weeks on IP, so I knew if I got through that I can get through the rest of the time. I have noticed though Tim Horton's always seem to be baking their chocolate cookies in the afternoons when I am on my way home. Luckily it is warm (semi anyway) outside and I walk outside now. less temptation. Have a great time at your conference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoderngirl View Post
I have the same problem! I haven't had one good, full, 8-hour night's sleep in a month. I'm so tired all day long but then when it comes time to go to bed I am AWAKE. Like last night - I had been super tired all day long to the point that I couldn't focus on my work. Then I try to go to bed at 10:30 and at 11:30 I'm still awake, then 12:30 and I'm still awake, then 1:00 I'm still awake and finally decide to just take some NyQuil so I'll get SOME sleep. So I've got about 4 hours of sleep under me today and a month's worth of inadequate sleep.

On the one hand it's great to have so much energy, but on the other hand it makes my head so fuzzy that I can't get work done. On weekends I wake up after 6 hours of sleep and have so much energy that it's impossible to take a nap to make up the difference.
I have always been an early bird, as I have a dog who in the summer time wants a walk as soon as it is light out. and here it is light in the summer time at 4am... with age she is getting better and will let me sleep in until 6, but now my old dog thinks I need to be woken up at 5. she is pretty good if I go downstair in the basement with her and sleep on the couch for a couple more hours... that and getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom usually around 330, I can't say when I got a full 8 hours, maybe when I was 14... now I am falling asleep watching tv... oh well my dogs like the early walks and the happier they are the easier life is. Have a great day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoderngirl View Post
Good morning everyone! I hope everyone has a great OP day!

I'm supposed to weigh in today and start Phase 3 tomorrow - so excited to have some yogurt and berries with breakfast! But we're supposed to have some really severe weather this afternoon (some are predicting tennis ball sized hail and are comparing what they predict to the weather in Joplin) so I don't know if I'll actually get to go today or if I'll need to reschedule. If I can't make it in I'm just going to go off of the information sheets in the Phases sticky and hope for the best!
Here is to the weather not being severe, and you just have a little rain. and congrats on making it to Phase 3, let us know how it is going for you. I am envious... but I can wait, I have lots to learn yet. Hope your day is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflow321 View Post
Cinnamon -

Thanks a lot. I guess I just needed to sleep on it, and I feel a little better this morning. I'm not actually helping him pay for the ring, I'm just helping out with saving money around the house and financial advice and moral support. Last night we talked about me helping, just because of circumstance, but he was really against it. He told me it wouldn't be fair for me to have to help and that he doesn't want it. We aren't really trying to save but about $400, but even that has been hard to find working through school... Anyway, no more sad talk, today is gonna be OP for me, no matter what. ^_^
Sorry about your BF losing both jobs that has to be rough. It was so nice to see he didn't want you to help with savings, it will be a nice surprise when you get it and you are going to look marvelous in those engagement pictures. Take it one day at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Broad View Post
Congrats on your one month anniversary... mini goals are a good thing, and photographing your process helps as well.

Quote:
For me I decided that my mini goals were every 25lbs lost. I have 100lbs to lose so that makes it four, I am proud I have completed two of my mini goals.. First mini goal I wanted to get sleeper earrings (still haven't found the ones I want), and my second goal I got my hair cut. Brand new style and my friend says it makes me look 10 years younger..wooohooo. third one I haven't decided. But my fourth and last one is the most important one to me... I am getting a dog tag necklace with both of my dogs paw prints on the dog tags. This will be expensive but worth all the hard work. I can't wait I have been looking at the necklace for a couple of years now and my old dog is 14 now so I don't have very many more years with her. Hope this gives you a few ideas for your mini goals, it could be every 5lbs you get a facial, or nails done etc... something you can do to pamper yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megabismom View Post
Hi...so today makes one week that I started on IP. My goal is to lose 50lbs. After many unsuccessful tries at other diets I decided to try IP after seeing such fabulous results from two co-workers.
So week one....worst and longest week of my life!! I fantasized about carbs every minute. Battled with headaches and moodiness. BUT I was losing a pound a day which kept me motivated.
Today I woke up and almost fell apart because I GAINED 2 pounds!! I have my first weigh in this afternoon and I am so upset!! I'll probably have only lost 4lbs.
For a first week that is less than ANY other diet I have ever been on. So discouraged.
I did everything by the book.
I do have IBS and my belly is in an uproar. I am bloated, and just feel crampy. So my body may have to adjust, well my intestines, may have to adjust to so MANY greens, which I have always struggled with.

Well thanks for reading...

Any words of encouragement would help out
I know how you feel, keep with the program it works. I don't weigh myself every day because of the weight fluctuations, which is normal but frustrating. I did that once and gained 4lbs like wtf I couldn`t believe it... I now weigh once a week other than my official wi... I have also had to change my wi days so I use to wi at night on Thursdays, but now it will be Mondays sometimes in the morning and some times at night. So I will be weighing myself thursdays and then officially mondays. Because of the change I won`t WI for 11 days... scary but I will get through it. have a great day.

Browneyes - way to go that is great news

Babyblues - my fingers and toes are crossed, I know you will be okay in the end and your daughter will be okay too. Here is to hoping the printer can get it done.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:22 PM   #30  
IP Started 10 May 2011

S/C/G: 150/132/95

Height: 5'

Today was weigh-in number 2 for me, I was not hopeful at all that I had lost weight even though I stayed OP the entire week. My scale was just not budging, I weigh myself once each morning when I wake up. Well, I had basically given up a bit in my head last night and on the drive over I just felt like a total failure. I go in and get weighed and to my surprise I lost 4# and 2.5"!!!! Take that you crummy scale, we are officially over and IP all the way! I now know I have the will power and desire to do this all the way.

Congrats to everyone elses' SV and NSV's...keep it up, we are worth it

Last edited by Tab McButterson; 05-24-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Closed Thread