3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Monday May 23, 2011 Daily chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 03:46 PM   #31

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMarie View Post
Turnip fries: slice your turnips to look like fries...I put mine in a large ZipLock baggie and add just enough olive oil to coat. Shake in baggie and put on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with your sea salt or any spice you desire...nice with cajun spice as well
Bake at 425 for about 30 minutes turning half way

Rhubarb: "chunk" your rhubarb and place in a pot. add a little water (I don't use much as rhubarb is quite watery once cooked) Cook down until very soft and mushy. Add splenda (or sweetener of choice) a little at a time until desired sweetness, or add strawberry Walden Farms syrup to taste. Alternative: add cinnamon after sweetener for a more "apple sauce" flavor
yay! THank you! I'm off to make some rhubarb - This is counted as a veggie right??

One for every 5lbs lost...

Old 05-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #32

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

that's what I have been told

CANADA DAY CHALLENGE

When friends tell you how awesome you look, drop the "I still have more to go" crap. You worked hard and you deserve the compliment! ~Jillian Michaels

ONE FOR EVERY 5 POUNDS GONE FOR GOOD!

IP keeps me going, and I LOVE the results

WI#1 = 6 WI#2 = 1 WI#3 = 8.4 WI#4 = 0 WI#5 =0 WI#6 =6.2 WI#7 =+.4 WI#8 =4
Old 05-23-2011, 03:59 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
So I had my first "cheat" in 9 weeks and 2 days. My coworker "forced" me to take a bite of some pulled pork, it was the smallest little taste, so I know it's not going to throw me out of ketosis. It tasted great, and I'm not even feeling guilty for it. In fact, I'm glad I did because it gave me the idea to challenge myself to make pulled pork that is IP P1/2 friendly.

I'm sure there's one out there, but I haven't come across it. Whenever I "perfect" the recipe, I'll make sure to post it!
Do you have EPICURE products in your area? It is a home based business that sells spices etc.
Anyways they have a ready to use package called "Pulled Pork" that you use on a pork roast and put into the slow cooker for 5 hours. I haven't tried it yet but that is what we are having for supper tomorrow....that being said, you also have to add Ketchup ( I will use WF) vinegar, brown sugar (I will use WF Maple Syrup) and water. The only ingredient in this package that is "not allowed" is salt...do you think that would be so bad? It is the last ingredient on the package.

CANADA DAY CHALLENGE

When friends tell you how awesome you look, drop the "I still have more to go" crap. You worked hard and you deserve the compliment! ~Jillian Michaels

Old 05-23-2011, 04:18 PM   #34

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenabeana View Post
Your coworker is obviously trying to sabotage you efforts. Don't allow people to force you to do anything. She should be supportive and respect your choices.
I appreciate your concern and support! However, I know that my coworker wasn't trying to sabotage my diet. He's been attempting the Atkins, but without the same kind of willpower that's necessary to tackle a strict diet, so I guess he just assumed there was nothing wrong. Also, like MInewgoal mentioned, I figured the worst that was on it was a minimal amount of barbeque sauce.

I shouldn't have said he "forced" me, because it was really my choice in the end.

Quote:
Do you have EPICURE products in your area? It is a home based business that sells spices etc.
Anyways they have a ready to use package called "Pulled Pork" that you use on a pork roast and put into the slow cooker for 5 hours. I haven't tried it yet but that is what we are having for supper tomorrow....that being said, you also have to add Ketchup ( I will use WF) vinegar, brown sugar (I will use WF Maple Syrup) and water. The only ingredient in this package that is "not allowed" is salt...do you think that would be so bad? It is the last ingredient on the package.
I haven't heard of this brand before, but I will certainly do a search for it. Salt isn't bad at all as it's extremely important to balance our electrolytes, especially on this diet. I hadn't thought of using WF maple syrup in it, but I think that would give it the perfect type of sweet flavor. Let us know how it comes out!

125 is no longer my goal weight from what my body is telling me. But I am extremely happy with my weight, my appearance, and my inches now, and that's the important part! (AND that I'm so much healthier than I was before IP).
Old 05-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #35

Quote:
I appreciate your concern and support! However, I know that my coworker wasn't trying to sabotage my diet. He's been attempting the Atkins, but without the same kind of willpower that's necessary to tackle a strict diet, so I guess he just assumed there was nothing wrong. Also, like MInewgoal mentioned, I figured the worst that was on it was a minimal amount of barbeque sauce.

I shouldn't have said he "forced" me, because it was really my choice in the end.

I haven't heard of this brand before, but I will certainly do a search for it. Salt isn't bad at all as it's extremely important to balance our electrolytes, especially on this diet. I hadn't thought of using WF maple syrup in it, but I think that would give it the perfect type of sweet flavor. Let us know how it comes out!
I will for sure. If it turns out, and you would like some of the Pulled Pork spice packs, I could always send you some.

CANADA DAY CHALLENGE

Old 05-23-2011, 04:57 PM   #36

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I will for sure. If it turns out, and you would like some of the Pulled Pork spice packs, I could always send you some.
You rock!!

125 is no longer my goal weight from what my body is telling me. But I am extremely happy with my weight, my appearance, and my inches now, and that's the important part! (AND that I'm so much healthier than I was before IP).
Old 05-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #37
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

I was sorry to learn that so many had problems over the weekend. Perhaps subconsciously you believed that the world was coming to an end?

Glad it didn't because now I'm still with all my new IP friends. So... those of you who had an "unfortunate experience" this weekend, forgive yourself. It's good that you got it out of your system so now you can get back on track and enjoy life again without continuing to beat yourself up over it. Guilt is a terribly unproductive thing.

Don't dwell on your past mistakes. Learn from them. If you know it's dangerous for you to be alone with certain foods, make sure you're not alone with them even if it means that you're going to help that friend drop off a child from a party, or go with Dad and the kids to the store. Get those particular foods (you know which ones they are) out of the house after the event or purpose they were purchased for. Give them to one of your guests to take home or (OMG) throw them out! You've probably thrown away perfectly good food before so you shouldn't feel guilty about throwing out junk food.

Remember this: You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win and expect to win. Remember, however that success is not simply a will power thing. We have to deeply believe in our ability to create successful outcomes and then have the habits to get the work done through self-discipline, diligent practice and preparation. Plan your daily menus. Write them down and eat only what you have planned. Don't think about anything else but success.

Ok.. that's it from me. I care about you all and wish each and every one of us many, many successes.

Bless You All!

A cheer for each 5 pounds lost

Last edited by BROWNEYES47 : 05-23-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:26 PM   #38

S/C/G: 157/157/125

Height: 5'5"

okay. Im still looking for an idea i thought i saw on a previous thread about romaine chips...anyone know what im talking about?..please...
Old 05-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #39
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

I've seen a recipe for Kale chips

Kale Chips
adapted from Stacie Billis at ChowMama.com

1 bunch organic kale, torn into 1/2″ pieces
3 tablespoons organic olive oil
1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons sea salt

Preheat oven to 400 F. Whisk oil and vinegar and toss kale in the dressing
until thoroughly coated.

Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place kale on sheet in a
single layer and sprinkle with salt.

Bake for 15 minutes or so, until crispy.

Tip to keep them crisp from CheekyWit:
I can keep kale chips in a ziploc bag for at least 4-5 days still crisp --
the secret is to make sure they are very dry - remove them immediately from
the pan you used to cook them in - lay them on a cooling rack until they are
no longer warm - put them in the ziploc -- close the bag leaving it open about
an inch -- normally they stay crisp - on day 2 I usually close the bag - hope
this helps

HTH

And the Recipe threads are the in the stickies section on the Ideal Protien forum page.

1 for every 5 lbs. lost
*starting over*

Progress pictures...to keep me accountable- UPDATED 8/22/11
Old 05-23-2011, 08:43 PM   #40

S/C/G: 157/157/125

Thanks, i knew i saw something somewhere on this...
Old 05-23-2011, 09:19 PM   #41
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Thumbs up Rainy day Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannymae32 View Post
I can't believe how much I notice a difference in just 2 weeks. I am trying not to weigh daily but I do have a measuring tape and I can see the inches lost. Those pants I couldn't even button up at the beginning of this diet, I can now slip on with ease.
My gas woes seem to have died off, I blame it on the peanut butter bar, or the cream of leek soup one or the other, most likely the bar if you ask me.
Thankfully my Fi has been stealing most of them from me so I will avoid them
Congratulations cinnamon sparkles on your little red dress. I too have one that I REALLY want to fit and feel comfortable in.
Yesterday I discovered turnip fries.. who ever came up with this recipe I want to kiss you! my god they are fantastic. I could eat them constantly!
Even FI loved them so much he made himself a second batch.
That is great news T... I am so excited for you, it doesn't take long for the pants to become so baggy that guess what you have to go down another size. You are one hot chick... and turnip fries always my favorite. I have them at least once a month. I am going to try routabaga this week to see what the difference is. I also am really liking kale chips as well.

GailM - love Epicure, I have about 8 jars of different things, fajita, chipolte, morroccan, thai, jamacian jerk... and a few more, I use the foccachia spice on the ip crepe mix to make crackers... so good. Haven't seen the pulled pork, will have to try that next.

Judogirl - you are so special thanks for the kind words and I know you are going tobe great with your new career.

Cinnamon - you make me laugh I love your posts. Keep up the good work.

SusieB - I with you, great comments this morning.

Hi all, I had a great day today, even though it was cold and rainy. I walked my two dogs a couple of times and really enjoyed being outside and with them. This is week 15 for me and I have been op all the way, each week I wi and get so excited to see the changes, yes sometimes it isn't much like .6 lbs and yes it wasn't something I wanted to see on the scale but oh well the next week it was 5 lbs... I am at my half way mark on my journey and even though I don't see the end I look forward to it every day... have I planned a cheat? no I don't need to I just look at my progress and know any cheat isn't worth how good I feel when I can see my progress and people around here comments on my progress. NO food tastes better then fitting into a size 13 jean when I can't ever remember wearing that size. It scares me sometime how am I ever going to go shopping in a smaller size store? I know eventually I will have to venture in, I think we all got to get our minds around what is happening and work that out. That is what this journey is doing for me, it is making me think about things I rarely thought about... trying on clothing, looking forward to weighing, going to regular sized store and feeling that I fit in... being healthy is also very important. I feel great right now, and I hope all of you do as well. I take it one day at a time and I am experimenting with our packets and the different vegetables. I had fajita wraps for supper tonight and boy was that great. If you get bored, try something new, there is so many recipes here I am sure everyone could find something that they are missing and have a version (HEALTHY) of what you miss.
Okay I am done rambling. Hope everyone has a great evening and enjoy your journey.

progress pics updated Dec 8
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...-new-post.html
Old 05-23-2011, 10:10 PM   #42

S/C/G: 300/285/220

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
I was sorry to learn that so many had problems over the weekend. Perhaps subconsciously you believed that the world was coming to an end?

Glad it didn't because now I'm still with all my new IP friends. So... those of you who had an "unfortunate experience" this weekend, forgive yourself. It's good that you got it out of your system so now you can get back on track and enjoy life again without continuing to beat yourself up over it. Guilt is a terribly unproductive thing.

Don't dwell on your past mistakes. Learn from them. If you know it's dangerous for you to be alone with certain foods, make sure you're not alone with them even if it means that you're going to help that friend drop off a child from a party, or go with Dad and the kids to the store. Get those particular foods (you know which ones they are) out of the house after the event or purpose they were purchased for. Give them to one of your guests to take home or (OMG) throw them out! You've probably thrown away perfectly good food before so you shouldn't feel guilty about throwing out junk food.

Remember this: You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win and expect to win. Remember, however that success is not simply a will power thing. We have to deeply believe in our ability to create successful outcomes and then have the habits to get the work done through self-discipline, diligent practice and preparation. Plan your daily menus. Write them down and eat only what you have planned. Don't think about anything else but success.

Ok.. that's it from me. I care about you all and wish each and every one of us many, many successes.

Bless You All!
Thank you! Reading this just talked me out of a PBJ sandwich I've been craving!

Starting over yet again......

Back up to 296 after falling off the IP wagon. Just going to count calories and be more active.

1 for every 5 pounds lost!

Old 05-23-2011, 10:31 PM   #43
Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

S/C/G: 181/162/145

Height: 5'7"

Bad Day you guys - my boyfriend and I have been trying to save up for an engagement ring for a year, but school expenses have been wiping us out. So today, he called me and said that both his jobs have laid him off. In one day. Fortunately, I won't have to sacrifice the diet, as I'm getting some help with that, but I'm so depressed I don't know what to do. I don't feel like cheating, but I feel like I've lost my motivation, since part of it was to look uber-snazzy in an engagement photo. Please please send good thoughts down south... it's gonna be a long summer. <3
Old 05-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #44
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
So I had my first "cheat" in 9 weeks and 2 days. My coworker "forced" me to take a bite of some pulled pork, it was the smallest little taste, so I know it's not going to throw me out of ketosis. It tasted great, and I'm not even feeling guilty for it. In fact, I'm glad I did because it gave me the idea to challenge myself to make pulled pork that is IP P1/2 friendly.

I'm sure there's one out there, but I haven't come across it. Whenever I "perfect" the recipe, I'll make sure to post it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
The only thing about pulled pork I see that makes it not IP friendly..is the barbeque sauce...

Doesn't WF make a BBQ sauce..and spice it up a little with like worcester..or something??

-http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fayes-Pulled-Barbecue-Pork/Detail.aspx
Yes, WF makes a BBQ sauce - I've had the thick & spicy sauce and it is YUMMY. Definitely make pulled pork with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Sandra View Post
Mrs. D-

Thank you for helping me with the progress pic link. I wasn't around for a few days so I couldn't thank you on the weekend chat.

Thanks again!
You're welcome! I'm glad you were able to do it - sometimes typing out the instructions, I'm afraid that I'll miss something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblues4 View Post
After reading all the previous threads on Turnip fries and Rubarb applesauce, I went and bought some yesterday while grocery shopping.

Ive been trying to find those recipes... anyone know where or what they are?

Thanks!!
Quote:
Turnip fries: slice your turnips to look like fries...I put mine in a large ZipLock baggie and add just enough olive oil to coat. Shake in baggie and put on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with your sea salt or any spice you desire...nice with cajun spice as well
Bake at 425 for about 30 minutes turning half way

Rhubarb: "chunk" your rhubarb and place in a pot. add a little water (I don't use much as rhubarb is quite watery once cooked) Cook down until very soft and mushy. Add splenda (or sweetener of choice) a little at a time until desired sweetness, or add strawberry Walden Farms syrup to taste. Alternative: add cinnamon after sweetener for a more "apple sauce" flavor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblues4 View Post
yay! THank you! I'm off to make some rhubarb - This is counted as a veggie right??
When she means "a little water", she means it! Only put enough in the pot to cover the bottom - rhubarb SERIOUSLY releases water. And yes, it's a veggie, but 2 cups of rhubarb is 2 cups of RAW rhubarb. If you eat 2 cups of cooked rhubarb, you'll be way over your veggie carbs for the day.

My journey in pictures! UPDATED 5/10!!!
Old 05-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #45

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Hello all! It's late, but I thought I would do a daily-thread intro...

I've been on IP now for 2 full weeks, and I no longer have those cravings! I had a pretty good weekend... stocked up on lots of veggies and bought some of that wonderful rhubarb everyone keeps raving about. I hope to try that soon this week!

Yesterday we made a stir-fry pork with asian bok choy and cauliflower faux fried rice. Everything was soooo good! But with all the bowls, pans and equipment to clean up, I don't think we will do all three of those dishes at the same time.

Today, I stopped by the clinic to pick up my first round of restricted foods. I started with the cookies & cream bar and chocolate pancake/muffin mix - yum!! I'm finding my favorite drinks to be the fruit ones, like orange, pina colada and of course the jello. I put the pudding in the freezer tonight, so I'll have a nice frozen breakfast ahead of the 90 degree day that awaits me! I didn't like the milk chocolate pudding by itself (I was warned on some other posts that it tastes weird.) so I added a bit of unsweetened cocoa and a Truvia packet. Much, much better.

I'm very happy that my WI#2 brought a 1.4 lb loss, but I hope this week is better. My NSV is that my jeans now are saggy in the butt!!! YAY!

Have a great week everyone. Talk to you tomorrow

One each for every 5 pounds I've lost this year!
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.