Old 05-20-2011, 07:49 PM   #1  

Default New Here - New Journey

Hey All,

So I joined Ideal Protein on Monday. The first four days were so so bad, I woke up on day 4 and felt crippled in my bed. I got my wife to get me water and some cucumbers with the salt my coach provided me. I slept it off till lunch time, eat lunch and felt 100% better. I developed a rash later that night that last for a few hours right across my stomach. My coach told me it was toxins leaving my body, I don't know any better and I trust her so Im assuming its true. Day 4 overall was a very very hard day. Today is obviously day 5, I went to see my coach cause I felt bloated, tired, defeated for whatever reason. She said lets weigh you even though my offical weigh is Monday. I lost 5 pounds in 5 days, 4 inches total and 1.4% body fat. Is this normal on this diet? Does that mean Im in that term "ketosis"? She said wait till Monday because we will weigh you in the morning before you've eatin or drank anything and you will be stunned. Is it even possible that I will lose more weight in 2 days?

I know I asked a few questions there and babbled on, but I find this community of people very supporting to read cause this is hard thus far but I know my eventual goal is gonna be stellar.

I had salad dressing from the store called "Classic Herb", it has 1g sugar and 1g carbs, but the packets I get also have sugar and carbs.....Should I avoid this dressing? will it send me back 3 days like I hear could happen?

Sorry again for the questions, Im just so stunned that I lost that weight in 5 days and its not just the typical yoyo water weight you lose when you diet on your on.

Mike
Mike Gillmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:55 PM   #2  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Mike, hang in there!! I felt like death for 5 or 6 days. Your body is overcoming a very strong carb/sugar addiction. I was also kicking a Diet Mt Dew habit. IT GETS BETTER. Just stick with protocol and each day will be easier than the last. I would say to try to stick with 0-0-0 dressings. It's a slippery slope once you start justifying a carb here and a carb there (just speaking from experience). Welcome to this community!! It will keep you motivated and educated!
ash825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:58 AM   #3  

Thanks for the warm welcome, I hope you all don't mind if I post how im doing every once and while!!
Old 05-21-2011, 08:12 AM   #4  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Hop into the daily thread Mike! We are a pretty friendly bunch!
Week 1 is usually the biggest drop, but I'm sure you'll keep rapidly dropping those pounds!!
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #5  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Hiya Mike,

It does get better as it goes on and YES you will lose more weight in the first week. My first week loss was 9.8lbs, second week 4.5 and third week 3.5. I would stick to the 0 on the carbs and sugars. Read this site a lot it has a bunch of great ideas for snacks and such. Be creative with what we can have and you will be surprised!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #6  

Man, I would be just dandy happy with 8-9 first week which is likely what im getting and 4.5 next week...thats almost 15 pounds, I would be at my lightest since i was like 16...so just fine with me

My biggest issue as many have read thus far is taking my foods and making them good and different....my hardest part is right now, i want my snack foods!! lolol
Old 06-09-2011, 04:21 PM   #7  
Countdown To Amy

S/C/G: 186 / 204 / 145

Height: 5' 6"

One of the best things about IP is that your body is using it's fat for fuel. Soon you'll see that your weight varies because of water and yet your fat and muscle gradually get better and better.

It can be a real challenge to learn what to do with the time - it's a chance to find other things to do rather than snack when stressed out, driving a car (I listen to audio books now rather than hitting dairy queen).

Keep a journal about where your mind goes - because once you are in ketosis you won't have any sugar cravings...if you think you are craving sugar it will only be your "mind" trying to have old habits...track the times when this happens and you can unlock the keys to why we mistreat ourselves with overeating or dozing with sugar. It's a fantastic yet sometimes scary path but so worth it.

I started July 2010 at 180 and am at 136 now. I am learning to maintain and it helps to have my past journals to read through.

You're on the right diet! iP has taught me a ton and the coaching is a huge help. Hope you're feeling good!
amyniagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #8  
Jocey

S/C/G: (191)...171/151.5/145

Height: 5"4"

Welcome!!! This is a great place to find good advice,a listening ear and even a laugh or two. I am on week two only and so far I quite like it, hopefully you will too.
Jazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Mike,

I agree, the first few days are the worst. But it does get better...lots better! Soon you will have more energy than you know what to do with! Keep posting on this forum...the folks here are really supportive!
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:38 PM   #10  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Welcome Mike! I agree with ALL of the posts above - the first week is difficult but it is soooo worth it! You will be so proud of yourself that the momentum will carry you through week 2 and so on. The folks on this forum are very supportive whether that means celebrating a victory or helping you through a slump.

You will not regret doing this
Elissa
LaLibE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:14 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 231/145.2/145.2

Height: 5' 4"

Hang in there - think about changing up which foods you're having if the rash does not go away. I found I was allergic to all the soups.

Drink LOTS of water. It will help with a lot of the symptoms you're having.

I flipped into ketosis the third day - sounds like you did it on the 4th. Once that happens, things get MUCH easier. You have more energy, you're not as hungry, and you stop craving carbs.

And yes, like everyone else says, especially as a guy, you will probably continue to lose more the first week. I've heard of people losing 10-15 in the first week. It slows down after that, but still faster than any other diet out there.

Good luck! (And congrats - the hardest part is starting.)
Lisaf373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gillmore View Post
Hey All,

So I joined Ideal Protein on Monday. The first four days were so so bad, I woke up on day 4 and felt crippled in my bed. I got my wife to get me water and some cucumbers with the salt my coach provided me. I slept it off till lunch time, eat lunch and felt 100% better. I developed a rash later that night that last for a few hours right across my stomach. My coach told me it was toxins leaving my body, I don't know any better and I trust her so Im assuming its true. Day 4 overall was a very very hard day. Today is obviously day 5, I went to see my coach cause I felt bloated, tired, defeated for whatever reason. She said lets weigh you even though my offical weigh is Monday. I lost 5 pounds in 5 days, 4 inches total and 1.4% body fat. Is this normal on this diet? Does that mean Im in that term "ketosis"? She said wait till Monday because we will weigh you in the morning before you've eatin or drank anything and you will be stunned. Is it even possible that I will lose more weight in 2 days?

I know I asked a few questions there and babbled on, but I find this community of people very supporting to read cause this is hard thus far but I know my eventual goal is gonna be stellar.

I had salad dressing from the store called "Classic Herb", it has 1g sugar and 1g carbs, but the packets I get also have sugar and carbs.....Should I avoid this dressing? will it send me back 3 days like I hear could happen?

Sorry again for the questions, Im just so stunned that I lost that weight in 5 days and its not just the typical yoyo water weight you lose when you diet on your on.

Mike
Welcome Mike!
Make sure you get in extra romaine or whatever lettuce you like and your oil as constipation can be an issue and may cause bloating as it did for me I take 3 colace daily (the walmart brand only $4.00) as well as Peter Gilhams Natural Calm which I ordered online from Netrition. As far as salad dressing, you can make your own, I use 1tsp EVOO, Apple cider vin, Nathans mustard and whichever Mrs. Dash seasoning Im in the mood for, italian, garlic/tom, etc.. You can also use Walden Farms dressings as well as syrups and dips... I used the chocolate and caramels for my IP choc pudding ice coffee's everyday. If you dont have a store that sells them, go to Netrition.com, only $4.95 flat shipping and the WF products are only like $3.78 a piece!
This is the best way of eating ever and as you go along, you will find new ways to make veggies and keep your palate happy!!!
TWoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #13  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Welcome Mike, great to have you on this journey with us. Everything everyone else has said is great... water and salt and EVOO are very important. Different things with vegetables, look at the recipe links lots of great ideas. Enjoy your journey.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #14  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gillmore View Post
I developed a rash later that night that last for a few hours right across my stomach. My coach told me it was toxins leaving my body, I don't know any better and I trust her so Im assuming its true. Day 4 overall was a very very hard day. Today is obviously day 5, I went to see my coach cause I felt bloated, tired, defeated for whatever reason.
We don't have enough information to really help you -- like height and weight -- but what you are experiencing is NOT typical. And a rash, particularly a stomach rash, IS NOT likely to be toxins leaving your body. Toxins may very likely be leaving but what happened sounds like an allergic reaction. Could be soy. Have you eaten much soy in the past? Could be a reaction to the chemicals in the IP products, like the artificial sweeteners. Bloating also sounds like an allergic reaction. How much water are you drinking, including what you add to the IP products minus what you drink in caffeine, soda, etc. WE NEED more info to help you.

Edit: I'd get rid of the store-bought salad dressing. Try Romaine with cider vinegar, 2 t of EVOO, sea salt, and ground pepper. But MOST OF ALL, take your condition seriously. And help us out with useful information, OK?

Last edited by Linden; 06-10-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #15  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 199/154/145

Height: 5'8"

I agree with Linden. Your rash sounds like an allergic reaction to something in your diet or something that's coming into contact with the area that has the rash. Any change in laundry detergent, soap, lotion?

Is your rash better? worse?
yougogirl99 is offline   Reply With Quote