Old 05-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I stepped on the scale this morning and saw 169.5. Yes, I was naked and dehydrated.... as always when I weigh first thing. My official WI is this afternoon and will update the "official" number later today. Not sure if I'll show a loss, since I weighed 171.9 on Monday and I've had TOM this week...
WTG!! Gotta say, LOVE the new profile pic too!

Morning everyone On day 4 back OP and my strips showed trace keitones this morning so I'm getting back there! Even though I'm now a bid advocate of NOT using more than one scale now, I did weigh at home this morning (as Friday's are my regular WI day but I don't have an official WI today because my vacation messed things up) and it looks like of the 7.4 I gained while on vacation, it's all but GONE now So happy

Bought some rhubarb yesterday to try out the "apple sauce" recipe. I used to love eating rhubarb out of my grandmother's backyard when I was little and probably haven't had it since then...very excited!

I have 4 days worth of photo sessions ahead of me (I only shoot Fri-Sun and sometimes Mondays) so it's going to be a busy few days. I wanted to make sure to check in this morning for that reason.

Just wanted to share one more pic of my daughter and I from the trip...it was Mother's Day and almost her 12th birthday...can't believe how time flies
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:40 AM   #17  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Stacy, great pic!! Your face looks thin. I have a very small photography business and I shoot my first wedding tomorrow. *YIKES* Very scared but I'm sure it will be okay.

This morning the scale finally moved. I've been at the same weight since last Saturday. I'm OP and starting to wonder if my body is getting enough food. Hmm. Just pondering that. Well, very excited that today's pound down put me at 60 POUNDS lost! Woot!

Happy weekend, y'all.
ash825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:40 AM   #18  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Morning everyone..and wowo its a great day.. my scales are happy this morning...
I really enjoy having the ideal ready made drinks..
this morning I put the vanilla in the blender with ice and added cinnamon...yummmmm...its like a treat to me on the way to work...
Hope everyone is smiling and looking forward to doing something really exciting this weekend...try something new...
I tried bowling the other day...I had to laugh at my horrible score but I also laughed at just having fun...its about living...

Explain the happiness of your scale...are you down more?

Have you started your clinic?

What phase are you on?

I started phase 2 on Sunday and have lost 2 pounds this week on phase 2.

Hope you are well, this has been quite a journey for us....could you hop, skip, and jump over to Austin and convince my daughter not to quit....she is 21...started at 300 pounds....got to around 240...and just gave up...she is depressed an has lost motivation....not sure how much she has gained back in the 4-5 weeks since she quit....I am very sad.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:45 AM   #19  
Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

S/C/G: 181/162/145

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone! Congrats on all the losses and NSV's this morning! SusieBee, Heck yeah for Skinny Clothes! Sometimes I wish there was a wardrobe fairy that would occasionally sprinkle new clothes in my closet. Seems like there are some exciting weekend plans going on - have fun and be safe everybody! I'm actually off on Saturday, so maybe I will take my doggie for a long walk! <3 <3
sunflow321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:46 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Pxlkitty: CONGRATS on the 160s, even if it will fluctuate, you still got to see that number on the scale!!! You're doing so great!
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:47 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Stacy, great pic!! Your face looks thin. I have a very small photography business and I shoot my first wedding tomorrow. *YIKES* Very scared but I'm sure it will be okay.

This morning the scale finally moved. I've been at the same weight since last Saturday. I'm OP and starting to wonder if my body is getting enough food. Hmm. Just pondering that. Well, very excited that today's pound down put me at 60 POUNDS lost! Woot!

Happy weekend, y'all.
Congrats on the wedding shoot. I was pretty nervous my first one out. Just breathe and make sure to go down a list of the shots that the couple wants.
Goodluck!!
fannymae32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post

Happy weekend, y'all.
Congrats on 60 lbs!!
And good luck with the wedding! I remember my first, I got through and now shoot 30+ weddings a year. Let us know how it goes!
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:25 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning everyone!

It's a long weekend here in Canada, and camping season officially opens here in the North, and since I live at the lake, it will be a busy weekend for sure with people moving their campers in and out. Fishing season also opens on Saturday, so my husband is excited to get the boat into the water.
He is on phase 3 now, and with a little bump last weekend of over indulging on a few drinks with friends and some not so healthy snacks, he is almost back to his lowest weight of 225. I have noticed that he is looking bloated again tho since he has added bread back to his diet, and I know that if I add carbs, I look and feel bloated as well. (I don't tell him that, because I wouldn't want him to say that to me either)
I have to weigh myself as my coach is in Alberta, and I'm in Manitoba...my official weigh in day is on Mondays, but I weighed myself this morning and I am down 5 pounds since last Monday...FINALLY after 2 weeks of NOTHING! (some due to TOM, and a few small cheats). I am trying SO hard to stay OP, and I know this program works, it's the taste of certain foods that I really miss, such as bread. I don't miss potato, rice, pasta...but anything sugary and bread are my weaknesses.
I hope I can stay OP this long weekend and not cave as it is the official start to summer with a group of friends at the lake which means HAPPY HOUR (we all take a turn) and provide snacks and bevvies for everyone. That is a difficult time I'm sure with everyone eating and drinking, and I will be the only one not partaking. Any suggestions???
Have an awesome weekend everyone! Happy Memorial Day
GailMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #24  
Start: 4-20-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaArr View Post
Good Morning everyone!
My NSV comes in three parts:
1. The benches at the train stations have separators between the seats, and everytime I sat in one, my hips would touch on both sides. Now, there is a gap!
2. I was able to pull my pants off the other day without undoing them first
3. One of my work friends has a carpool with another co-worker. When they drove past me the other day, he asked my friend if I had lost weight. People are starting to notice!

I am so happy. I feel great going into this weekend.

I have a bachelorette to go to tomorrow, but the bride is pregnant, so I am not too worried about being tempted to drink. I am just going to dance. I think it's going to be a bit hard being around people who are drinking, but I have so much will-power after 3 weeks of losses that I am sure I will be fine!
Oh, you have to love how it feels to sit on that bench without feeling squished. I'm really looking forward to the time when I can get on a plane and feel comfortable.

For the bachelorette party... order yourself a club soda with a bit of a lime or lemon. Nurse that throughout the night. It will look like you might have 'something else' in that glass to others, but you know that you're keeping on protocol. Have a blast and dance those pounds away!
BROWNEYES47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
Browneyes: I definitely wouldn't describe rhubarb as bitter. It's actually pretty tart, but when you add sweetener to it, it has a taste that is a mixture of strawberries and granny smith apples (which is why you can make it either "strawberry pie filling" or "applesauce" ).

Everyone, regarding thyroid/synthroid: Thanks so much for all your tips. Lately I've mostly been losing about 1.5lbs a week. I'm on week #9, haven't ever cheated, and I'm happy with 1.5lbs a week. But if I can take my synthroid at night, absorb the medicine more, AND lose more weight each week, hey, I'm gonna give it a try! So for the passed few nights, I've been taking it at night (after a sufficient amount of time after food and even more after my last supplements). I know it takes a while for your body to process the synthroid, so I'll probably not notice a difference until maybe next week or the week after (if any). We'll see!
I'm going to give the rhubarb a try this weekend. I'll let you know about it. I've gotten some really great tips about it and my curiosity is piqued.

As far as the Syntheroid... I had blood drawn on Tuesday. Next Tuesday I see my doctor so I'll let you know what she says. Also, I will be curious as to her feelings about my weight loss. So... until then....
Old 05-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
Oh, you have to love how it feels to sit on that bench without feeling squished. I'm really looking forward to the time when I can get on a plane and feel comfortable.

For the bachelorette party... order yourself a club soda with a bit of a lime or lemon. Nurse that throughout the night. It will look like you might have 'something else' in that glass to others, but you know that you're keeping on protocol. Have a blast and dance those pounds away!
Me too on the plane ride!!! I want to fly to Alaska, but, was too embarrased about stuffing myself in the seat. Now I can forsee that trip in my future!!
mamabearone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:45 AM   #27  

[QUOTE=Susie_Bee;3857946]Happy Friday everyone and TGIF!

I had a huge problem getting dressed this morning... nothing fits! I am floating in most of my wardrobe. I tried on a pair of pants yesterday that were too tight to wear. DH told me to try them again this morning. I told him that they were too tight yesterday and he insisted that I try them again. Reluctantly, I did and whoah! They fit! I am strutting my stuff in them today!

Doesn't that make you feel like this journey is so worth it? I'll bet DH is looking at you quite differently now, as well :wink:.... I am so happy for you!

When we bought and moved into our house, in February 2004, I had a box (or two?) labelled "Skinny Clothes". My MIL was helping us move and she saw the box and said: "Well, you won't be needing these for a while!" and they got packed away real good... and she was right but it looks like this "while" has finally passed! I told my husband to go digging for this box this weekend! In particular, I am looking for a nice lightweight black pinstripe business suit with a short sleeved blazer... and I am hoping for some nice surprises as I have forgotten what else is in there but I usually buy very classic styles for the office, so I am sure there will be something useful! I am thankful that this happening as we are going into summer, as I can probably find some nice, inexpensive summer dresses to hold me over! I wonder if my thighs will still rub like they used to? If so, I also need smaller culotte slips (mine are XL).

This is such a terrible thing to have happen, I know--getting an entire new wardrobe that you don't have to pay for (again). Congratulations on finding that box. You're going to have such a good time trying those clothes on. Find something sexy, too! Even if you have to buy it!

I started taking my Synthroid at night, two nights ago
When my doctor told me this 5 weeks ago, I was skeptical, but it does work for me. I hope you get the same results. This way I take it all by itself and it seems to be happy.

QUOTE]
Old 05-20-2011, 11:50 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Just wanted to share one more pic of my daughter and I from the trip...it was Mother's Day and almost her 12th birthday...can't believe how time flies
Beautiful picture! Your lovely daughter looks so much like you. I'm so happy for your weight loss and that you had such a wonderful time on vacation. have a great weekend!
Old 05-20-2011, 11:56 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabearone View Post
Me too on the plane ride!!! I want to fly to Alaska, but, was too embarrased about stuffing myself in the seat. Now I can forsee that trip in my future!!
Oh gosh, yes! I have been using my frequent flyer miles to upgrade to first class on those long haul trips (like to Alaska). It will be nice to upgrade because I want to; not because I have to. Also... I just hate the way people on those planes look at us, hoping beyond hope that they won't have to sit next to us! If I have to fly coach, I always ask for an isle seat because of that.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:57 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Happy Friday all! It is a beautiful warm sunny day here with no wind finally! We are packing up for our camping trip and while I have a little bit of trepidation about being able to cook and eat on time I plan to stick to it as it is so rewarding to step on the scale after the weekend and see it's repayment for your hard work. I hope everyone overcomes the challenges that are presented to them this weekend as well and congrats to those with NSV's and SV's!
capricious is offline   Reply With Quote