Old 05-17-2011, 08:38 AM   #1  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Default Tuesday, May 16 Daily Chat

I lied...It's the 17th! Whoops

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by Joliebug82; 05-17-2011 at 08:48 AM. Reason: absentmindedness...
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

Hey Jolie...today is the 17th...

Happy OP day everyone
GailMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:47 AM   #3  
Loving the Sleeved Life

Sweet!!! I did it! Lol.

Sandra, your fiance's choice of alternative seems fine, but he's not taking in enough! He needs to have at least three shakes, or two plus a bar of some kind, and yes, of course, the veggies. It'll be nice for you two to have dinner together.

Whomever went to Cheesecake Factory and stayed OP...sorry, I can't remember who it was, but CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's awesome.

I'm up a pound this morning, but am blaming it on the stir-fry with soy sauce last night. No big deal. I missed my last 24 oz. cup of water last night because I was at the ball park and did not want to use those bathrooms, lol. So, about 4 cups shy of a gallon. Not too shabby, eh? Hope you all have a great day! I'm feeling snacky and PMS-y, so I'll be here a LOT!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:47 AM   #4  
Loving the Sleeved Life

Oh, poo. At least it's Tuesday, right? Lol! Thanks, GM!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:55 AM   #5  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning, Everyone! Well, after some drama and tears this week (weight up 3lbs, down 2 lbs, probably due to not eating enough) and upping the calories so that I'm getting at least 1000 per day, my final weight loss for Week 4 is 1.5lbs. Not wonderful, but I'm still losing and that's the important thing. I'm switching things around a bit this week and let you know how that works out. Have a wonderful day, everyone!
BROWNEYES47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Tuesday everyone!

It is STILL rainy and miserable here...

I had so much fun at tap class yesterday. When I am dancing, I feel like my old self again! Such a wonderful feeling. I think my passion for dance was showing because the instructor told me: "It's really nice having you here, Sue!" I felt so good because she could send me down to the beginner class. I'm in intermediate and right now and I am one of the least experienced (and slowest to catch on) in the class. However, it's the third lesson in and I am already doing much better! I know that I will get it! (I have much experience in other kinds of dance - including performing in public: ballet, highland, Irish, line dancing and I am probably forgetting something).

Also, the other night, my husband discovered my rib cage! He was all surprised: "you have a rib cage again!" I was happy! He wants to do IP when I phase off. I hope he does. He has quite a bit to lose and his knees really bother him a lot. Losing the wieght will take pressure off his knees. If any of the men here have advice, we would appreciate that! I would assume that men's nutritional/caloric/vitamin needs are slightly different than women's.

My daily SW ritual shows that my weight is indeed going down again (151.6 lbs on scale at home, add about 2 lbs for my coach's scale or the fact that my coach weighs me mid-day with clothes)! Yay for that!

Today, I am going to try taking my supplements earlier in the day (ending at dinner) and my Synthroid at night just before bed. We'll see how that works for me.

I am still unsure about my final goal. When my weight is dropping quickly, I get all motivated and I want to aim for 135 lbs but when it slows (or when the weather is nice), I think 144 lbs is good enough. When the weather is nicer, I start longing for summer fruit (mostly the berries), frozen treats, and/or just being able to spontaneously pick up a sandwich or salad with any light dressing they have somewhere and going for a picnic (in a nice park or by the river that we live near). So, I'll keep my goal where it is for now and decide as I get closer. Anyways, my coach's scale is about 2 lbs more than mine, so that gives me an extra week (give or take), when it is time to decide, anyways! I initially wanted to be done by my son's birthday in early June, but I know that won't be the case and I am starting to come to terms with it and be okay with that. I am starting to psych myself up now to stay OP on that day and at his party! Thank goodness I am lactose intolerant because I think we will make it a pizza party and I won't really be tempted anyways! I had some at his last birthday party and got very sick from it, right in the middle of leading the kids in some games... not fun! The memory is still vivid enough for me not to want any next time.

Anyways, enough rambling for me...

Wishing you all a great day!

Sending you all:

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-17-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:03 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey Y'all. I've been lurking, but laying low. Had nothing to say, really. I had a horrible weekend- well, Sunday, really. I ate all kinds of crap that I shouldn't have. No excuses, it just happened. I have felt an emotional binge knocking on the door for a while, so I guess I took a special occasion and ran with it. Tommorrow is WI and I'll be lucky to eke out 2 lbs.

I'm back OP and feeling OK, but dang I've been tired for days! I've had a lot of middle of the night wake-ups (kids) and crazy dreams in the past week, so I'm guessing I'm tired from that. I'll be staying home with my youngest today as he's sick, so maybe I'll try and catch some rest too I hate missing work, but today is an OK day for it.
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 148/132.4/125

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone has a great day today.

I have WI #8 today. Not very optimistic since I've cheated so much this week. I'm pretty sure I haven't gained but I doubt I've lost much, if anything. And I'll be talking with my coach about what to do (switch to phase 2? Stay on phase 1 another week?). We'll just have to see how it goes!
amoderngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:15 AM   #9  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Happy Tuesday everyone!

It is STILL rainy and miserable here...

I had so much fun at tap class yesterday. When I am dancing, I feel like my old self again! Such a wonderful feeling. I think my passion for dance was showing because the instructor told me: "It's really nice having you here, Sue!" I felt so good because she could send me down to the beginner class. I'm in intermediate and right now and I am one of the least experienced (and slowest to catch on) in the class. However, it's the third lesson in and I am already doing much better! I know that I will get it! (I have much experience in other kinds of dance - including performing in public: ballet, highland, Irish, line dancing and I am probably forgetting something).

Also, the other night, my husband discovered my rib cage! He was all surprised: "you have a rib cage again!" I was happy! He wants to do IP when I phase off. I hope he does. He has quite a bit to lose and his knees really bother him a lot. Losing the wieght will take pressure off his knees. If any of the men here have advice, we would appreciate that! I would assume that men's nutritional/caloric/vitamin needs are slightly different than women's.

My daily SW ritual shows that my weight is indeed going down again (151.6 lbs on scale at home, add about 2 lbs for my coach's scale or the fact that my coach weighs me mid-day with clothes)! Yay for that!

Today, I am going to try taking my supplements earlier in the day (ending at dinner) and my Synthroid at night just before bed. We'll see how that works for me.

I am still unsure about my final goal. When my weight is dropping quickly, I get all motivated and I want to aim for 135 lbs but when it slows (or when the weather is nice), I think 144 lbs is good enough. When the weather is nicer, I start longing for summer fruit (mostly the berries), frozen treats, and/or just being able to spontaneously pick up a sandwich or salad with any light dressing they have somewhere and going for a picnic (in a nice park or by the river that we live near). So, I'll keep my goal where it is for now and decide as I get closer. Anyways, my coach's scale is about 2 lbs more than mine, so that gives me an extra week (give or take), when it is time to decide, anyways! I initially wanted to be done by my son's birthday in early June, but I know that won't be the case and I am starting to come to terms with it and be okay with that. I am starting to psych myself up now to stay OP on that day and at his party! Thank goodness I am lactose intolerant because I think we will make it a pizza party and I won't really be tempted anyways! I had some at his last birthday party and got very sick from it, right in the middle of leading the kids in some games... not fun! The memory is still vivid enough for me not to want any next time.

Anyways, enough rambling for me...

Wishing you all a great day!

Sending you all:

Susie,
PM with your husbands weight, height, physical activity / type of job and I can help you out with it. It will not be much different than what you are doing. He could do it right along with you with alternative products like I use.
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

Hey Cindy...I hear ya! It was a social kind of weekend for me too, the weather in Northern Manitoba has been fabulous and with great weather comes great food and drinks. I did indulge in a couple bevvies and a corn on the cob(I didn't think I did that bad) but my scale didn't budge, not even an ounce.
Oh well, my fault...back on program as of Sunday and still no results.
Is it ok to take Calm every day? It works for me, but do you think that would slow down weight loss? I can't see it being possible but I thought I would ask.
Well, off to work, ( I work with special needs children at our local school), have an awesome day. I know at +25 Celsius it will be perfect!
GailMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:24 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

I'm on day 2 using alternatives and I'm doing well! Yesterday wasn't so bad as I thought it would be, I wasn't too hungry... but I did find myself craving snacky food in the afternoon during naptime, more out of habit then hunger. I had my protein shake instead and that seem to ward off the craving.
-
I think I'm not feeling as hungry as I thought because I'm not feeling too hot. I seem to have what I thought was allergies (which started the beg. of last week) which have seem to have turned into (or was) something else. I really don't know what it is because I don't feel sick (head coldy/congested) just sick/drained/blah. I've developed a hacking wet cough with lots of phlem (sorry TMI!!) and I'm slowly loosing my voice. Last night I was in bed by 9:30 but actually I would have gone at 8:30 after putting my 2yr old down. I haven't worked out since Thurs!!! I'm hoping I start to feel better soon...ugh
On a positive note My starting weight yesterday was 158.8 this morning I was 157.2!! I know that doesn't mean much at this point in the game as weight fluctuates daily, BUT its been so long since I've seen the scale move downwards!

Have a great day all
Babyblues4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:38 AM   #12  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Morning,

Well this is my second post, so very new to this, started yesterday. Alot of great information on these posts. It's very overwhelming. This is week 3 with a WI tomorrow evening. I'm thinking I had a better week this week than my second one. First week was down 9.6 and last week only 2.2 but it's a loss and I'm happy with it.

A few questions this morning. Is it true that you shouldn't eat raw bell peppers and cooked onions? And is it really necessary to eat the lettuce at dinner time. I do eat it for lunch but I usually make myself a a stir fry for dinner with my protein. When they say you should eat 5-8 oz of protein for dinner, is it better to eat 5 or closer to 8? Is coffee mate really allowed, my coach did say yes, but I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't. Is gum allowed, again coach said yes but I read somewhere that you shouldn't. As for the olive oil, is there a preferred one and is it 2 tsp or 2 tbsp?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Hope everybody has a great day.

Thanks,
Jo-Anne
JoAnne9597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:41 AM   #13  

Good morning!
Been off for a while, dealing with life, but am back on it today - send me strength!!!!! Must... get.... in... shape!
meonIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:41 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Good morning everyone!!

kjw83: Congrats!!!!! That's so exciting!!! Wishing you an easy, problem-free pregnancy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
You should try doing this with cinnamon & without the strawberry stuff - it's just like homemade applesauce! I tried it for the first time yesterday and went and bought another 2 lbs of rhubarb today to make more. YUM.
You know, while I was eating it the first time, I did think the flavor was vaguely reminiscent of granny smith apples, so I will certainly try it with cinnamon to make applesauce.

I love all the great things we can do with veggies to satisfy our tastebuds' different cravings!
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:47 AM   #15  
Stempy

S/C/G: 202.4/192.4/130

Height: 5 ft 4 1/2 inches

WI #4 yesterday was miserable...weighed myself at home 5 minutes before going, then step on Coach's scale and it was 2 1/2 pounds heavier! I almost cried...usually her scale is about .4 to .6 over my scale at home....not sure what was with her scale yesterday but I told her point blank I will follow my scale at home as I KNOW I lost over 3lbs last week, not .8 So, I guess it's a good thing I am a SW or I would have been relying entirely on her scale. She uses a digital scale, as do I, but I know from experience with mine, when you move them they may weigh heavy the first couple times you step on....IMO she should be using a scale like a doctor has...no question that they are accurate.

So....WI #3 is only 0.8lbs but I know I lost 3, so hopefully next weigh in her scale will work properly and I will have a huge loss on her scale so she doesn't look at me like I'm crazy!
stempy22 is offline   Reply With Quote