Old 05-15-2011, 11:38 PM   #1  

Default rash and itchiness

Has anyone experienced a rash and/or itchiness on the Ideal Protein diet? Mine started on day 5. Thanks.
pggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:07 AM   #2  

Default rash

I also have developed a weird rash, started on my back on day 5, and day 6 on my back, stomach, arms. I left a message at the Ideal Protein offices and I have to go to my doctor today.
LaurieF17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:31 AM   #3  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Rash- check that you are not allergic to any ingredients. For example, some people have found they can not tolerate the soy or aspartame found in some of the products.

Itchiness- I experienced this for months....a lot has to do with losing weight and your skin shrinking...but being 5 days in, I would assume this is not the case. Are you getting enough water? Typically you should drink 1/2 oz per lb you weigh. So, if you weigh 200 lbs, you should drink 100 oz of water in a day. Gasp, some days I feel like a fish!

Anyways, speak with your doc, good luck!
wyoangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:03 PM   #4  
Started IP May 1, 2011

S/C/G: 200/186/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Rash- check that you are not allergic to any ingredients. For example, some people have found they can not tolerate the soy or aspartame found in some of the products.

Itchiness- I experienced this for months....a lot has to do with losing weight and your skin shrinking...but being 5 days in, I would assume this is not the case. Are you getting enough water? Typically you should drink 1/2 oz per lb you weigh. So, if you weigh 200 lbs, you should drink 100 oz of water in a day. Gasp, some days I feel like a fish!

Anyways, speak with your doc, good luck!
I agree - Rash sounds like allergic reaction and you should see your doctor. Itchiness - I have had some, and I think it may have to do with the big change in diet and your body's reaction to it. As well as hydration level, and losing size.

I have a hard time drinking enough water, still working on that!
SamanthaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:47 PM   #5  

Thanks to those who responded. I saw my doctor today, and he has not heard of this before with the Ideal Protein diet. But we both are keeping close attention to this. And today, Day 9, the itchiness is not as severe. I am drinking tons of water; in fact, I was told today that I shouldn't drink more than 80 ounces a day, and I was drinking more than that. I will keep you posted with any new developments. Thanks again.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:52 PM   #6  
Started IP May 1, 2011

S/C/G: 200/186/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pggg View Post
Thanks to those who responded. I saw my doctor today, and he has not heard of this before with the Ideal Protein diet. But we both are keeping close attention to this. And today, Day 9, the itchiness is not as severe. I am drinking tons of water; in fact, I was told today that I shouldn't drink more than 80 ounces a day, and I was drinking more than that. I will keep you posted with any new developments. Thanks again.
Just curious: did they say why no more than 80 ounces?
SamanthaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

I had severe rash and itch on day 6. ER told me it was the protein packs but coach said it was all the hormones/fat being flushed from by body. I really didn't believe any of them but the steroids helped and I stayed with the program another 4 months. Will start Phase 4 tomorrow and lost a total of 48 lbs. IMHO the rash was worth it. I also stayed awAy from the bars as that was the last new thing I had tried. Hope it helps.
rulemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:39 PM   #8  

My coach and doctor said that more than 80 ounces of water a day could mess up my electrolytes.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:12 AM   #9  

Just curious- did your rash ever go away? I am on day 5 and have developed a rash on my legs. Not itchy- just red bumps on both of my thighs. Did it go away?
andyshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:09 PM   #10  

This is my 3rd attempt to low carb diet the first 2 attempts I was given Phentermine and had a rash that occurred under my breast both times and thought I was allergic to this drug ever since. I started Ideal protein about 2 weeks ago and the rash is back I did research and found this is caused by Ketosis. I suggest reading about the Ketosis rash a great site is theketorssh.com people are shocked and don't know much about it my docs didn't even know this could be the cause.
Melissa01 is offline   Reply With Quote