Old 05-13-2011, 03:35 AM   #1  
lauree24

S/C/G: 268/242/190

Height: 5'6"

Default Getting Bored of Ideal Protein !!!!

Hello, I have lost 26 lbs so far and on this diet for almost 7 weeks, I keep adding in extra food at times and I am just missing REAL food !!! My goal right now is just to make it to 198lbs .......I have 27 lbs to go and I am not sure if I want to continue or not !!!

It is the start of summer and I want to go have fun with my family.....Movies, vacations, I am missing having fun. I feel like I am in prision some times...

anyone else???

Thank you for listening

Gina (Montana)
lauree24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:17 AM   #2  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauree24 View Post
Hello, I have lost 26 lbs so far and on this diet for almost 7 weeks, I keep adding in extra food at times and I am just missing REAL food !!! My goal right now is just to make it to 198lbs .......I have 27 lbs to go and I am not sure if I want to continue or not !!!

It is the start of summer and I want to go have fun with my family.....Movies, vacations, I am missing having fun. I feel like I am in prision some times...

anyone else???

Thank you for listening

Gina (Montana)

Hang in there and before you know it you will be at 190!! I look at it this way: It's such a SHORT period of my life that is going to make the rest of my life SOOOO much better. You can still have fun on IP! Just be creative!!!

Don't settle for 198! YOU are worth more than that! Never settle when it comes to what you want!! You can do it!!

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 05-13-2011 at 08:18 AM.
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:44 AM   #3  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Quote:

anyone else???

Thank you for listening

Gina (Montana)
Think of all the days you have allowed yourself to eat what you want....you have alot of healthy days to catch up to that number I am sure (like all of us). Stick this out....you will not regret it.

I first wanted to quit at week 17 and then pretty much every day since then (I am on week 36). Literally EVERY DAY....this is a hard diet.

But every time I want to quit...I tell myself to suck it up and deal with it because I got myself to 246 by taking the easy way out and making excuses. This diet is HARD...VERY HARD!

You will not regret sticking it out and every summer after this one will be so much fun in a new cute size.

I started out with a goal of 175....I almost settled for around 190. But I pushed through and reset my goal to 170....then I decided why not a healthy BMI and I am aiming for 156. I am actually thinking sometime in my life I would love to see 146.

Do not quit....you can do this....head down...focus...work hard....get it done
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 231/145.2/145.2

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:

anyone else???

Thank you for listening

Gina (Montana)
It's temporary. You WILL be through this eventually - and life will be so much better on the other side. Hang in there!
Lisaf373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:56 AM   #5  
Started IP 4/7/11

S/C/G: 280/253/185

Height: 5'11"

Quote:

anyone else???

Thank you for listening

Gina (Montana)
I know what you mean!!! I miss real food too. I am so SICK of broccoli and cauliflower. I fully expect to receive a broccoli bouquet (any day now) from the farmers of America for all the business I have thrown their way!My husband called on his way home the other night and I told him I fixed the kids spaghetti and he said "what's wrong with you". I said "I am just pouting because I want to eat so bad". LOL. Pitiful I know.

There are days I want to give up but I just keep focusing on my goal to phase out by Fall. We can do it! Not many people could eat like we have been. It takes a lot of will power. I refuse to throw away the past 5 weeks of struggle and give up. I do have a planned cheat coming in two weeks if I reach my short term goal of 30#. Stay focused
traeh1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:55 PM   #6  

Quote:

anyone else???

Thank you for listening

Gina (Montana)
Going to put on my Gram hat here, this is what I would tell my 20 year old granddaughter if she had written this.
WHAT does FOOD have to do with having fun with your family? Suck it up buttercup, you'll be happier when you weigh less and you can have fun without huffing and puffing!!! A few months on a diet is a small drop in a big pond. 25 years from now, you'll be saying "if I hadn't lost weight, I would have missed out on all the fun....."

No, I'm not mean. I'm just looking back thinking about the past summers where we've had this beautiful pool that I've never been in. The only thing that food has to do with fun is it makes you miss the fun! I will no longer plan my social/fun time around a meal!

Last edited by blkbmr06; 05-13-2011 at 03:56 PM.
blkbmr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #7  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

I agree with blkbmr, the food does not make you have a good time. You can still do all of those things. Do not look for an excuse to quit. You have had years of eating bad food and where has that gotten you? In the grand scheme this is a small time of you life and when it's over you will have accomplished what you set out to do. You can do this. Don't give up, ever.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

anyone else???

Thank you for listening

Gina (Montana)
We all need to vent sometimes, so I wanted to let you know that no one is judging you for it.

And... hun, I still have fun with my family and friends, go to movies, go out to eat, I'd go on vacations but I'm too poor lol. The point is, I'm totally not missing out on having fun while on this diet. When my family gets together, they go as far as basing their "menu" on what I can eat. I'm going to my friend's daughter's high school graduation party next weekend, and I know what food they're going to have there and I know what I can and can't eat.

I can go to the beach, I can go in the pool, I can hang out with my friends. I haven't given up ANYthing while on this diet, except some food and drinks. Everything else I do is the same. Well, except that I sometimes actually wear a swimsuit, as opposed to shorts and a t-shirt, at a public beach.

Don't stop yourself from having fun! Just bring a packet or a restricted with you when you know you can't eat what everyone else is having! Or if you go out to eat, look at the restaurant menu ahead of time to determine what you can have, or what you can request.
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:03 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I think everyone gets bored. But think of all the things you want for yourself that don't include food.

For instance, I want to be able to take my kids to the public pool without being embarrassed about my body. I want to look good in pictures. I want to be proud of my body instead of ashamed of it. That's totally worth a few months of boring food!

Last edited by AprilH3; 05-13-2011 at 05:09 PM.
AprilH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

I have been on IP for 14 weeks. Sometimes it seems like forever but most of the time I feel like I have been released from prison! There have just been too many things that I didn't feel like doing or didn't want to do because of my weight. I feel like I am being released to be the person that I always wanted to be. My kids bought me a bike for Mother's Day (kids age 8, 9, 9 & 10). They were so excited because I would be able to ride around town with them. I have also been helping with their Little League Team. This is the kind of mom I have always wanted to be!
jd447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 231/145.2/145.2

Height: 5' 4"

This is going to sound harsh, but it's been bugging me about this thread for a while. Think of it as tough love, as friendly advice that will help you, because that's how it's intended. I don't know you, I don't know if you even need this advice, but, from your post above, I have to say it. :-)

When you're doing a large-scale diet like this, when you're trying to lose a *significant* amount of weight, you really have to change the way you think about food. It's the only way you're going to not only be able to stick it out for the amount of time it's going to take you to do this, but also, it's what's going to make you able to keep the weight off.

What I'm about to say is also counter to the general attitude toward food in our society, which is part of why obesity is so common.

Food is not entertainment. It's not pleasure, it's not a way to fill time, it's not for fun. Food is nutrition. It's fuel for your body. First, foremost, and before anything else.

Yeah, it can taste good too. And I'm not saying I'm a robot who never wants a slice of pizza or a piece of fruit or that really yummy looking chocolate cake all those other people are eating over there.

But if you're going to do this, you need to accept the idea that the rules for you, when it comes to food, are different from everyone else. It's not fair, it might suck, but, if you want to lose a lot of weight, you need to flip that switch in your head.

From the other side of the process - it's totally worth it. What you're denying yourself by allowing yourself to have that food - it's so much better.

What's the quote? "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."
Lisaf373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:16 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 263/212/160

Height: 5'7

Hang in there. I started about the same time and weight that you did. It is very hard at times, I know but will be soo worth it. Just push through those difficult times like picnics and social gatherings. You will become such a stronger woman because of it.
cesteacher is offline   Reply With Quote