Old 05-12-2011, 09:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Default IP Daily Chat - Thursday, 12 May 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: Wednesday May 11, daily chat
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:07 AM   #2  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning all my IP friends. I am back on protocol after my almost 2 week break. I did well but decided to finish this out and get to my goal of 200 or a little below. I was 209 on my last official WI and this morning, I was 220.6. I know most of my weight gain is fluid and glycogen stores returning. I want to go ahead and complete this. I like the program and missed it!

Hope everyone has a great day!
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:08 AM   #3  
Started IP 20-Apr-2011

S/C/G: 169/162/130

Height: 5'4"

Has anyone opted to NOT eat any restricted products? Will it help speed up the losses? I have one restricted per day, but I'm noticing all they do is make me want to snack more, and I end up eating an extra packet of something.

Maybe they're too high in carbs for me at this point? I feel I have more self control if I have a pudding or a shake for a snack vs. a bar or the puffs.

My WI is on Friday and I think I'll skip the restricteds this week and see how I feel.

Thoughts?

Chick76
Chick76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick76 View Post
Has anyone opted to NOT eat any restricted products? Will it help speed up the losses? I have one restricted per day, but I'm noticing all they do is make me want to snack more, and I end up eating an extra packet of something.

Maybe they're too high in carbs for me at this point? I feel I have more self control if I have a pudding or a shake for a snack vs. a bar or the puffs.

My WI is on Friday and I think I'll skip the restricteds this week and see how I feel.

Thoughts?

Chick76
I feel the same, but I was told that we need some carbs for energy. Also, it's the only reward I have at the end of the day for staying OP, so I am opting to keep my restricteds. How about every second day?
GailMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:19 AM   #5  
Started IP 20-Apr-2011

S/C/G: 169/162/130

I'll ask my coach. Maybe every second day would do the trick.
Chick76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 147/138.8/105

Height: 5' 2.25"

My coach told me yesterday if I want to cut restricteds at first, it's fine, but that I will need/want to add them in at some point. He didn't really say when. My "plan" is to add them in when I start exercising again, but I am going to try to stay off them here in the beginning. I might have one now and then, but not daily.
longhorn96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:20 AM   #7  

Quote:

Thoughts?
It's different for some. Some people notice more weight loss when they do a "boot camp week" (no restricteds, no occasional veggies). Others notice that they need the few extra carbs to speed up their weightloss. I personally just enjoy the restricteds as a snack to look forward to.

There wouldn't be any harm done trying it out. It sounds like it might be better for you, at least psychologically, so that you don't feel tempted to snack more. Give it a try, and see if it helps!
Old 05-12-2011, 09:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Thursday everyone!

Something is up with me because so is my weight... 2 lbs since last night. Did I exercise too much this week? I did a lot of walking + 2 tap classes. Or maybe I just need to go the bathroom... or cut out my restricted

Time will tell... I'm motivated and hanging tough!

Wishing you all a great OP day and sending this to all of you:

Stay strong my friends!

"Believe it can be done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning all my IP friends. I am back on protocol after my almost 2 week break. I did well but decided to finish this out and get to my goal of 200 or a little below. I was 209 on my last official WI and this morning, I was 220.6. I know most of my weight gain is fluid and glycogen stores returning. I want to go ahead and complete this. I like the program and missed it!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Welcome back! I am sure you'll get it done in no time! I admire your determination.

Quote:

Thoughts?

Chick76
I am interested to see the responses to this. I am considering doing the same. On my next pay, I am going to buy some ready-to-eat puddings and try adding them in and cutting out the restricteds. I think I will proceed like I did in the beginning when I started IP and save the restricteds as weekend treats only (Friday, Saturdday and Sunday). I am betting that it will help a lot! I do like keeping a bar in my purse for "emergencies" though and I will continue to do that (as long I can behave myself and not dig into my purse for it too often)!
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Morning everyone! After a really crappy, feel sorry for myself kind of day yesterday, I have a plan in mind and it's made me feel much better. We will get home from our trip to Florida Sunday and today I plan to text my coach so I can make an appt. to see her Monday and stock back up on phase 1 foods. I HATE how crappy and bloated I feel compared to how I was feeling just a week and a half ago while still on plan so I'm looking forward to feeling good again and SOON. Next time I'll know to just stick with the plan, even while travelling....I know I'd physically and mentally feel so much better if I just had in the first place...lesson learned. I'm TERRIFIED of what that scale is gonna say when I get home I was feeling so incredible at 40 lbs. down in 9 weeks...nothing compares to that, NOTHING.
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:25 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Happy Thursday everyone!

Something is up with me because so is my weight... 2 lbs since last night. Did I exercise too much this week? I did a lot of walking + 2 tap classes. Or maybe I just need to go the bathroom... or cut out my restricted

Unfortunately, it could be any of those things you listed. Or it could be nothing; just the annoying daily weight fluctuations. Have you had your BMI checked? Not just calculations, but either the scale or the thing that you hold in your hands. Maybe you gained lean mass, which could account for the couple extra pounds, or had extra water this week and your body might be retaining more of it. Who knows?!
Old 05-12-2011, 09:28 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 240/208/150

Height: 5'7"

I just received my first order of ProtiDiet products - thought I'd swap out a few things to save a few buck s- and I have to say I'm really disappointed. Almost everything I bought contains either corn syrup, sugar or glucose. The canadian website I bought them from didn't include the ingredients list so I was comparing based on carbs alone...be warned.
hollyfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Morning IP'rs, Hope everyone is having a great week! I will have to buy new clothes very soon as my 6's are now getting loose! Very excited about this I am starting pilates tonight and will do that every other day as I do 4 mile power walks on the other days. I will likely start phase 2 in a couple weeks and I think I will get rid of my nightly resticted which is S/V Ridges. Then I will be totally alternative products (except the IP vitamins which are convenient) as I ordered the proti-diet choc pudding and I have NOW 100% Whey protein isolate which I mix half and half. I am sure I will loose even quicker in phase two. Excited to hit my campsite again this weekend and taking tomorrow off to plant my veggie plants. Take care all!
TWoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyfer View Post
I just received my first order of ProtiDiet products - thought I'd swap out a few things to save a few buck s- and I have to say I'm really disappointed. Almost everything I bought contains either corn syrup, sugar or glucose. The canadian website I bought them from didn't include the ingredients list so I was comparing based on carbs alone...be warned.
BUMMER!!!! One thing you might want to check out is on the alternatives thread there are a few spread sheets that have the carb/protein/fat content of the Proti-Diet products so you can try again that way? I HAD to go alternative--- $400 a month was just NUTS.
Tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Happy Thursday everyone!

Wishing you all a great OP day and sending this to all of you:

Stay strong my friends!

"Believe it can be done!"

Welcome back! I am sure you'll get it done in no time! I admire your determination.

I am interested to see the responses to this. I am considering doing the same. On my next pay, I am going to buy some ready-to-eat puddings and try adding them in and cutting out the restricteds. I think I will proceed like I did in the beginning when I started IP and save the restricteds as weekend treats only (Friday, Saturdday and Sunday). I am betting that it will help a lot! I do like keeping a bar in my purse for "emergencies" though and I will continue to do that (as long I can behave myself and not dig into my purse for it too often)!

This seems to vary greatly for everyone. Me personally, I can have a restricted daily and still lose, some need a break from them for the scale to go down. Only thing you can do is try it out for yourself to see what (if any) effect it has on you, keeping in mind that it won't be a perfect "science" as there are so many other factors as to why your weight loss may be slow or fast one week to the next.
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:39 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Default Off to a movie tonight

I have tried to avoid going anywhere that food is involved---restaurants, parties, the movies, etc. Essentially, I have been a shut in for the last 2 months. LOL Anyway, I am going to a movie tonight..... no movie food, though. It's my FAVORITE PART!!! WAHHHHHHHHHH! So I will take my soy puffs or a bar and pretend like it suffices (that stuff compared to movie food? OMG PATHETIC!!!!!), but secretly I will be mourning the loss of my movie snack faves. I know, I should be happy that I am taking care of myself, and that I am losing weight, and that I am being healthy and blah blah blah. All of that makes sense to the adult "me". But the impulsive, greedy, immature part of me realllllllly hates that there will be movie attendance without movie junk. Boo!
Tate is offline   Reply With Quote