Old 05-12-2011, 07:36 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 208/185/150

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation What a shame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyfer View Post
I just received my first order of ProtiDiet products - thought I'd swap out a few things to save a few buck s- and I have to say I'm really disappointed. Almost everything I bought contains either corn syrup, sugar or glucose. The canadian website I bought them from didn't include the ingredients list so I was comparing based on carbs alone...be warned.
That's TERRIBLE.....that they could actually call that stuff diet products but stuffed full of corn syrup! What is it with putting corn syrup in everything friggin food out there today? I think I would be sending it all back and tell them you "might" order again if they'll post ingredients or at least be honest.

Can you tell that hit a sore spot?

Hugs,

Mary
kygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:41 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 152.4/138/125.5

Height: 5'4-1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Happy Thursday everyone!

Something is up with me because so is my weight... 2 lbs since last night. Did I exercise too much this week? I did a lot of walking + 2 tap classes. Or maybe I just need to go the bathroom... or cut out my restricted

Time will tell... I'm motivated and hanging tough!

Wishing you all a great OP day and sending this to all of you:

Stay strong my friends!

"Believe it can be done!"

Welcome back! I am sure you'll get it done in no time! I admire your determination.

I am interested to see the responses to this. I am considering doing the same. On my next pay, I am going to buy some ready-to-eat puddings and try adding them in and cutting out the restricteds. I think I will proceed like I did in the beginning when I started IP and save the restricteds as weekend treats only (Friday, Saturdday and Sunday). I am betting that it will help a lot! I do like keeping a bar in my purse for "emergencies" though and I will continue to do that (as long I can behave myself and not dig into my purse for it too often)!
I have read a lot of posts on here about people having a hard time controlling their restricted intake. Seems once they get a taste of a restricted they go all out and eat a few of them. I have to think that's still better than eating off protocol.

It takes awhile for our brains to register what we're eating, how much and our satiety level. I find if I eat the restricted foods slowly; deliberately taking my time to savor every bite, I'm fine. If I wolf them down, I still feel hungry and dissatisfied.

I find eating one restricted each day is helping with my weight loss. I've also added a few more ounces of lean protein daily which helps with my hunger level, energy level and seems to helping with weight loss too.

I'm interested to see how it works for you without the restricteds. Good luck to you!
lindacraig63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:48 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoderngirl View Post
ARG. I can't seem to stop making small cheats - a teaspoon or two of natural peanut butter, a small handful of cashews, a few sausage links, etc. I make a point not to do any little cheats with anything that has a lot of carbs, but I know I'm still sabotaging myself but I can't stop! I know that mentally I'm just done with the diet, but I am wasting money by cheating. I don't know what to do.
I know exactly how you feel...I have done the same thing, little cheats here and there. I have been so good for the last 6 days, and today i came home and put a few groceries away, and LO and BEHOLD the jar of peanut butter jumped into my hands. I slowly unscrewed the lid, hoping that a smell would curb my cravings, but the next thing I know, I have the spoon out and I popped a mouthful in.
OH MY GOSH, it was like I had died and gone to heaven...(with a little bit of guilt)
Oh well...the way I look at it is that it could have been a lot worse. Previously on Atkins, I would have scarfed 3 celery sticks LOADED with peanut butter.
Some would say that that was a complete NO NO , my feelings are, If I don't lose this week, blame the peanut butter and MOVE ON!
Hope the rest of your week is IP and OP
GailMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:02 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 225/189/140

Height: 5'6"

Being new to the program, I am wondering what is your favorite supper meal?
cartwheelmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:52 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
Thanks for posting this.

Hopefully the weight gain won't be so bad since you phased off? I hope you feel ok to share whatever the result may be.

I think even someone with the strongest resolve would have a very difficult time staying OP at Disney. Don't let it ruin your well deserved vacation.

I loved the pic you posted yesterday, btw.
I will definitely share, no matter what the results...I want others to benefit from my experience
Today was definitely a much better day and I'm already looking forward to getting together with my coach Monday to get me back on track
Being a photog, I left my "big" camera at home and let the cast members at Disney take some for us...I just love the one I posted too, one of my faves. Thank you for the compliment! Here's one of us at O'Hana's on Mother's Day
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:58 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Stacy, Another great picture! You have a beautiful family!
brandam6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:58 PM   #82  
Start: 4-20-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
I will definitely share, no matter what the results...I want others to benefit from my experience
Today was definitely a much better day and I'm already looking forward to getting together with my coach Monday to get me back on track
Being a photog, I left my "big" camera at home and let the cast members at Disney take some for us...I just love the one I posted too, one of my faves. Thank you for the compliment! Here's one of us at O'Hana's on Mother's Day
What a lovely picture. You look FABULOUS, dahling!!! You also have a beautiful family and a cute hubby! You look like you're having such a wonderful time, too! Lookie at all the FOOD!!! OMGGGG BISCUITS!!! SAUSAGES!!! BACON!!!!! *faint*
BROWNEYES47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
What a lovely picture. You look FABULOUS, dahling!!! You also have a beautiful family and a cute hubby! You look like you're having such a wonderful time, too! Lookie at all the FOOD!!! OMGGGG BISCUITS!!! SAUSAGES!!! BACON!!!!! *faint*
Oh geez, I seriously didn't even consider all that food when I posted this! I'm such a dork, sorry y'all!! But thanks for the compliments!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:03 PM   #84  

Quote:
Thank you so much
Old 05-12-2011, 10:16 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 148/132.4/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMarie View Post
I know exactly how you feel...I have done the same thing, little cheats here and there. I have been so good for the last 6 days, and today i came home and put a few groceries away, and LO and BEHOLD the jar of peanut butter jumped into my hands. I slowly unscrewed the lid, hoping that a smell would curb my cravings, but the next thing I know, I have the spoon out and I popped a mouthful in.
OH MY GOSH, it was like I had died and gone to heaven...(with a little bit of guilt)
Oh well...the way I look at it is that it could have been a lot worse. Previously on Atkins, I would have scarfed 3 celery sticks LOADED with peanut butter.
Some would say that that was a complete NO NO , my feelings are, If I don't lose this week, blame the peanut butter and MOVE ON!
Hope the rest of your week is IP and OP
Thank you! At least you stopped at 1...I had 4 ROUNDED teaspoons of it today. Nutritionally it's not too bad - 6 grams of carbs in 2 tablespoons and 1 gram of sugar, BUT has 190 calories. Oops.
amoderngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #86  
Start: 4-20-11

Quote:
Oh geez, I seriously didn't even consider all that food when I posted this! I'm such a dork, sorry y'all!! But thanks for the compliments!
(Laughing)... Oh I noticed EVERYthing! Even that beautiful red carnation that you received. It must have been for Mother's Day. You all look like you're having a wonderful time, too! I love Disneyland/World. You and your family will have memories that will last a lifetime!
BROWNEYES47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:44 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmama View Post
Being new to the program, I am wondering what is your favorite supper meal?
For me, my supper usually consists of grilled meat (steak, pork), boneless skinless chicken breast or fish (trout, haddock) with 2 vegetables (often stir-fried in a mix of low-sodium chicken broth and olive oil with either ginger or garlic and no sugar or other spices... or microwaved... or steamed). On Fridays, I often switch lunch and supper so that I can have a supper of IP spaghetti bolognese with mushrooms on House Foods Shiratake Tofu Spaghetti Noodles. Ground beef and veggies can be okay too.

Quote:
Agreed!
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:13 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
(Laughing)... Oh I noticed EVERYthing! Even that beautiful red carnation that you received. It must have been for Mother's Day. You all look like you're having a wonderful time, too! I love Disneyland/World. You and your family will have memories that will last a lifetime!
Wow, you DO notice everything LOL. The flower was for Mother's Day yes, we just LOVE Disney This is our 5th trip! They are always exceptionally wonderful with my little guy who has autism, always so accommodating and we hardly ever wait more than 5 mins to get on rides (thankfully). Can't believe tomorrow is our last day
Old 05-12-2011, 11:45 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Wow! Lots of great posts up today. Thanks for sharing, everyone - and a big welcome to the newbies! Today was day 4 for me and my first eating out experience. I had steamed veggies at a Chinese restaurant and wonton soup, no wontons. Not too bad with a little soy. For dinner, sautéed chicken with an oregano, garlic and fresh mint rub and sautéed mushrooms and spinach. Pretty tasty, except the recipe called for way too much salt - this we figured out after we were eating it. Feeling a little bloated, but hoping it will pass. Here's to the end of a successful week!!
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:56 AM   #90  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Wow, you DO notice everything LOL. The flower was for Mother's Day yes, we just LOVE Disney This is our 5th trip! They are always exceptionally wonderful with my little guy who has autism, always so accommodating and we hardly ever wait more than 5 mins to get on rides (thankfully). Can't believe tomorrow is our last day

Just got back from Disney yesterday!! I have to say we did MUCH better on our trip last month compared to this one!! We stayed on protocol most days last month. This trip....not so much...this was an "adult only" getaway....so it was a totally different type of vacation (we also have an autistic son....he doesn't do well at restaurants, so no eating out for us as a family when we're on vacation), so we did a lot of eating "in" at our Villa last month!

THIS TRIP.....DH and I ate where and when we wanted. I have to say I really felt crappy the last few days of our trip. Stomach bloating....oh the pain!! And like you mentioned in an earlier post....the food just wasn't as great as I expected it to be!! I could actually tell in my clothes from last Saturday until yesterday how much my body changed....now that's gross!!
We realized that Disney for us is so much more than the food....it truly is the "magic" we feel when we're down there!! We started back up this morning (WILL DEFINITELY NOT STEP ON THE SCALE TIL MY MONDAY WEIGH IN - LOL)...and I feel better already! I really, really hope my BRAIN remembers that all that "junk food" was just not worth it in the end!! This was definitely a "life learning" experience....one of MANY...on our trip to a healthier life!!

Have a safe trip home and no worries....you will be back on plan in no time!! PS: LOVE the family photo!! Had a drink at Tambu Lounge one day too - heehee!!
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote