Old 05-11-2011, 01:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/153.8/130

Height: 5'2

Default What's the difference between Herbalife and Ideal Protein?

What's the difference between Herbalife and Ideal Protein? I have been looking all over to search for that answer and it looks to me that no one has ever asked that quetion. I ask because Ideal Protein is breaking my bank account and Herbalife would be SO MUCH cheaper for me because people I work with do it and they all pitch in money to get the supplies so its half than what I would pay. If anyone could help me with this answer I would greatly appreciate it!
laurenp8806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

IDK what the difference is as I have not done Herbalife. There are alternative products available that are similar to IP but MUCH less expensive. Check the "alternatives" thread for info.
Tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192.2/170/150

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenp8806 View Post
What's the difference between Herbalife and Ideal Protein? I have been looking all over to search for that answer and it looks to me that no one has ever asked that quetion. I ask because Ideal Protein is breaking my bank account and Herbalife would be SO MUCH cheaper for me because people I work with do it and they all pitch in money to get the supplies so its half than what I would pay. If anyone could help me with this answer I would greatly appreciate it!
I don't know anything about Herbalife but Proti thin and Proti Diet are the EXACT same products as IP and are a 1/3 of the cost. I just switch over to the Proti product because I was going broke. I purchase the products from Nashuanutrition.com. Hope this helps
angelonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #4  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Have you read through the alternative threads? I did IP only products for 5 months and the last 3 months I have purchased from Nashau Nutrition on line. I eat a bacon and cheese omelet packet every day for breakfast (nutrition facts almost identical to IP) but cost 10 for a box of 7.

I have a pure protein or EAS shake for lunch every day that I buy at Target for around 1.50 to 2 each

I have bar for snack every day that I buy from NN for around 10 a box...some of them are the exact same ones from the clinic.

I do plan for around 30 bucks a week.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:10 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenp8806 View Post
I was an Herbalife Distributor back when the company was fairly new. From what I've seen, it really hasn't changed. It consists of herbal vitamins and protein shakes, no "real food." Ip at least has packets that are for lack of a better description, "Camp food" LOL. You can heat then, add veggies etc. The Herbalife CANNOT be heated according to the manufacturer because it destroys the nutrients. Herbalife works but it takes a very determined attitude to stick with it! Unless they've improved it a bunch, the shakes are not nearly as good as some of the competitors. The vitamins are all herbal. I will say that the main problem I had with it was having small children at the time, cooking meals for them and drinking a cold shake myself. With ip, I've been able to prepare a meal and enjoy it with my family. My grandkids eat exactly what I do when they are here for dinner. I just add a starch to their plate (mac and cheese is their favorite) and don't feel like I'm being cheated! Fortunately, they love vegetables and salad!
blkbmr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #6  

My mom did Herbalife and I did for a little bit a year ago when she was on it and the shakes were VERY yummy because you can add fruit and other stuff to them. She lost ALOT of weight and to me it seems very similar to IP and the only difference is you can eat different stuff on IP than just shakes like Herbalife. You can have one for breakfast, lunch and as a snack before you go to bed, you get to eat dinner like a normal person lol It just seems so much the same and cheaper but I cant find alot of info on Herbalife VS. IP. thanks for all the info you guys! It helps me so much! I have lost 8lbs so far and have been on IP for about 3 weeks now but its costing me almosy $400 every 2 weeks and I see my finances are just going down hill because of it. Of course I will never understand the states as they say the US is just full of obese people yet they make diets and good for you foods REALLY EXPENSIVE!
Old 05-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelonadiet View Post
I don't know anything about Herbalife but Proti thin and Proti Diet are the EXACT same products as IP and are a 1/3 of the cost. I just switch over to the Proti product because I was going broke. I purchase the products from Nashuanutrition.com. Hope this helps
How long have you been doing this product and how much have you lost on it since switching because I am looking at the website and its SO much cheaper than IP!
Old 05-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Have you read through the alternative threads? I did IP only products for 5 months and the last 3 months I have purchased from Nashau Nutrition on line. I eat a bacon and cheese omelet packet every day for breakfast (nutrition facts almost identical to IP) but cost 10 for a box of 7.

I have a pure protein or EAS shake for lunch every day that I buy at Target for around 1.50 to 2 each

I have bar for snack every day that I buy from NN for around 10 a box...some of them are the exact same ones from the clinic.

I do plan for around 30 bucks a week.

How long have you been doing this product and how much have you lost on it since switching as well?? :