Old 05-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #61  
Fitnessclassic

S/C/G: 159.6/152/124

Height: 5'5" and a half...at least in earlier in the day

Arrow Well...

Tomorrow morning is WI #3 and I am hoping, praying, begging the scale gods to be nice and show me a smaller number!!! I can feel the difference in my clothing and think that my arms are looking smaller also, but need the satisfaction of seeing those 3 stupid numbers on the scale validate me. UGH!!!
fitnessclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I lost 2.8 lbs putting me in the 170's finally! I'm also putting in my order to Nashua and I'm very excited about that! I had too many restricteds this week so my loss was less. Totally my fault. I'm ordering a variety of nonrestricted items to help keep me from feeling like I "need" to eat the restricteds as much. I'm still ordering some restriced but I'm really going to make it a priority to not overdo. Maybe with the new things it will be easier to do a week or two with no restrictes.

It sounds like there were lots of NSVs today! Awesome!
AprilH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:36 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

I made rhubarb tonight! I put some Splenda and some Torani vanilla syrup in it, and it was soooooooo good! I am so glad this grows in my back yard.

It's getting ready to storm here. I think I'll go sit on the porch and watch it as it comes in.
brandam6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:58 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

All this talk about Rhubarb...urrggg!!! I'm so jealous! I live in Northern Manitoba and we are suppose to get snow tonight.
I've been on IP exactly a month and it has gone quite well for me considering. WI#1 6 WI#2 1 WI#3 6 WI#4 0???
total 13 pounds not bad, hope next week is big!
Have a great IP week everyone
GailMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
Walking counts depending on how hard you walk.

Add an extra packet- something non-restricted but with higher carbs - 7g like the chocolate drink or chocolate pudding. Eat it within an hour after you are done dancing. Otherwise you will use up all your glucagon and you won't be replenishing it at all and you will feel totally strung out and exhausted. I felt that way Easter weekend and that's when my coach told me to add extra for my walking. Your weight loss may increase from this too! Have fun at tap class!
Thank you!

I added the extra packet and had a blast in tap class... I really do love it! It feels good to be doing that again! Here's hoping that you are right about the weight loss

And an NSV for me: I bought new yoga pants, a T-shirt and a sweater for this (and future) tap class(es)... in size MEDIUM!!! Woohooo!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-11-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:24 PM   #66  
Fitnessclassic

S/C/G: 159.6/152/124

Height: 5'5" and a half...at least in earlier in the day

Default Way to go

And an NSV for me: I bought new yoga pants, a T-shirt and a sweater for this (and future) tap class(es)... in size MEDIUM!!! Woohooo!
[/QUOTE]

That is fantastic! Congratulations on the tap class and Medium! That has got to feel great!
fitnessclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:02 PM   #67  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Okay... I have a question for those of you that are in the know. I'm interested in purchasing the bacon/cheese omlet, but which one is better than the other?

ProtiDiet Bacon Cheese Omlet
Calories 90 Calories from Fat 25
Total Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 2g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 1g
Protein 15g

Whey Protein Concentrate, Egg Whites, Eggs, Simulated Bacon Crumbles (Textured Soy Protein, Soybean Oil Shortening, Color, Salt, Sugar, Artificial Flavor, Lactic Acid, Hydrolyzed Plant Protein, Monosodium Glutamate, Disodium Inosinate and Guanylate, Ferrous Sulphate, Niacinamide, Zinc Oxide, Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Cyanocobalamin), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Salt, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Beta-Carotene Color, Spices, Silicon Dioxide to prevent caking.

HealthSmart Bacon Cheese Omlet
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 25
Total Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 2g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 1g
Protein 15g

Whey Protein Concentrate, Eggs, Egg Whites, Textured Vegetable Protein (Soy Flour, Caramel Color, FD&C Red #40), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Salt. Contains less than 2% of the following: Yeast Extract, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil (with BHT as an Antioxidant), Beta-Carotene Color (with Maltodextrin, Gum Acacia, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Sucrose, Sodium Ascorbate, Di-Alpha-Tocopherol), Tomato Powder, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Spices, Sunflower Oil (anti dusting agent), Vitamin and Minerals (Ascorbic Acid, Ferric Orthophosphate, Niacinamide, Cyanocobalamin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin).
Contains Milk, Egg and Soybeans

They are so similar, but which one is the BEST? They are also the same price. I'm clueless, but there must be someone out there who knows how to determine the best one other than one is 90 calories and the other is 100. I've included the ingredients.
BROWNEYES47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:04 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 148/132.4/125

Height: 5'5"

Had WI #7 yesterday - lost 1.6 pounds. I decided to give phase 1 2 more weeks, then I'm phasing off no matter what. I can't afford to keep paying $50 for each pound I lose. It's just too expensive. And I'm happy with where I'm at right now.

And I miss having a social life. I can't do anything with friends because our gatherings center around food. And maybe I should change that but I don't really want to. I love food. I love everything about food. I think about it all day long. I want to have my own cafe. I want to share this passion with others. So I'm ready to get back to having weekly dinner with a pair of friends, making the occasional pie with another, etc.

I'm just mentally and financially about done. So in 2 weeks I'll be on phase 2!
amoderngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

Congratulations all on your weight loss this week. I am truly amazed at how quickly you all have lost the weight. I'm new to this, well I haven't actually started yet. I'm still trying to convince Dh to let me try at least 2 weeks on IP and then switch over to alternatives. I called around to some nutrition stores looking for the EAS carb control shake, and one of them said they are no longer sold in canada??!! Not sure how true this is.... anyone in Ontario bought EAS carb control shakes recently?

Good luck ladies, and I'm hoping to be joining you all shortly!! I really need to get my "sexy back" !!

karen
Babyblues4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:43 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Default Thanks so much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnessclassic View Post
That is fantastic! Way to have some will power with the snack table! Doesn't that level of control feel great!
Thank you - It DID feel great! I appreciate it
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:52 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
Okay... I have a question for those of you that are in the know. I'm interested in purchasing the bacon/cheese omlet, but which one is better than the other?

ProtiDiet Bacon Cheese Omlet
Calories 90 Calories from Fat 25
Total Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 2g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 1g
Protein 15g

Whey Protein Concentrate, Egg Whites, Eggs, Simulated Bacon Crumbles (Textured Soy Protein, Soybean Oil Shortening, Color, Salt, Sugar, Artificial Flavor, Lactic Acid, Hydrolyzed Plant Protein, Monosodium Glutamate, Disodium Inosinate and Guanylate, Ferrous Sulphate, Niacinamide, Zinc Oxide, Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Cyanocobalamin), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Salt, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Beta-Carotene Color, Spices, Silicon Dioxide to prevent caking.

HealthSmart Bacon Cheese Omlet
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 25
Total Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 2g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 1g
Protein 15g

Whey Protein Concentrate, Eggs, Egg Whites, Textured Vegetable Protein (Soy Flour, Caramel Color, FD&C Red #40), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Salt. Contains less than 2% of the following: Yeast Extract, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil (with BHT as an Antioxidant), Beta-Carotene Color (with Maltodextrin, Gum Acacia, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Sucrose, Sodium Ascorbate, Di-Alpha-Tocopherol), Tomato Powder, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Spices, Sunflower Oil (anti dusting agent), Vitamin and Minerals (Ascorbic Acid, Ferric Orthophosphate, Niacinamide, Cyanocobalamin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin).
Contains Milk, Egg and Soybeans

They are so similar, but which one is the BEST? They are also the same price. I'm clueless, but there must be someone out there who knows how to determine the best one other than one is 90 calories and the other is 100. I've included the ingredients.
I don't know which is better but be careful, the word "spices" might mean that there's MSG in them, so they both seem to contain MSG. Also, I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong but isn't "sucrose" another word for refined sugar? They both seem to have sugar in them as well. I really don't like that there is red food dye in the 2nd one though... just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoderngirl View Post
Had WI #7 yesterday - lost 1.6 pounds. I decided to give phase 1 2 more weeks, then I'm phasing off no matter what. I can't afford to keep paying $50 for each pound I lose. It's just too expensive. And I'm happy with where I'm at right now.

And I miss having a social life. I can't do anything with friends because our gatherings center around food. And maybe I should change that but I don't really want to. I love food. I love everything about food. I think about it all day long. I want to have my own cafe. I want to share this passion with others. So I'm ready to get back to having weekly dinner with a pair of friends, making the occasional pie with another, etc.

I'm just mentally and financially about done. So in 2 weeks I'll be on phase 2!
Congratulations on practically hitting your goal and phasing off in 2 weeks! I hope to join you soon (maybe 1 month)!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-12-2011 at 05:58 AM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:31 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 215/178/150

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Does anyone know how much extra protein you should have if you are going to exercise and how this is this determined?

I am going to tap classes for 60 mins. 2X per week. In Myfitnesspal, this shows as over 300 calories burnt (if that helps).

How much exercise counts as requiring extra protein (walking? circuit? aquafit?)
I'm on IP and doing great. I do an 1.5 - 2 hour hike about three-four days per week. My coach noticed slight muscle loss, so they said to add in an extra protein per day. I have done an extra IP meal, shrimp in a stir fry, chicken breast or an egg. That seemed to do the trick.

At my IP office they have a machine that measures hydration, fat and lean muscle mass. That is how they noted the muscle loss and gave me the go ahead to eat more protein.

Tap class sounds fun and like a great way to get your exercise. Good luck.
2Balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:34 AM   #73  
Started IP 8/29/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMarie View Post
All this talk about Rhubarb...urrggg!!! I'm so jealous! I live in Northern Manitoba and we are suppose to get snow tonight.
I've been on IP exactly a month and it has gone quite well for me considering. WI#1 6 WI#2 1 WI#3 6 WI#4 0???
total 13 pounds not bad, hope next week is big!
Have a great IP week everyone
Hi GailMarie . I love rhubarb too, and have found that Safeway stores carry bags of frozen, sliced rhubarb in the standup freezers, usually beside the frozen fruit. I cook the whole bag at one time in a large pot with just a little water in the bottom. Once the water boils, simmer for 20-30 minutes. Add cinnamon and splenda to taste, and it's wonderful! I get about 5 cups of cooked down rhubarb from each bag.

Until summer and the farmers markets carry fresh rhubarb, this is how I get my "fix" .
Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:05 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

This thread is now closed.

Please post on the chat thread for today, 12 May 2011. Thanks!
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:23 AM   #75  
Start: 4-20-11

[QUOTE=Susie_Bee;3846313]I don't know which is better but be careful, the word "spices" might mean that there's MSG in them, so they both seem to contain MSG. Also, I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong but isn't "sucrose" another word for refined sugar? They both seem to have sugar in them as well. I really don't like that there is red food dye in the 2nd one though... just my opinion.

Thanks, Susie Bee. I hadn't even considered that. Wow... the things you learn and miss. I'm so glad that you saw that. I was under the assumption that they had to state if there was MSG in them... the first one does, but if the other does, too and calls it spices, that's a little sneaky in my opinion.
BROWNEYES47 is offline   Reply With Quote