Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 02:05 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Yesterday I was so excited when I announced that I got my DBA and I was opening my own Ideal Protein here in San Antonio....wow if I had any dout you guys really picked me up and gave me a big hug...
Its the cutest location like out of Charles Dickens novel...its in a little plaza..
with several quaint shops...
I already have 8 customers waiting to start and the doors are not even open...
San Antonio is going to get thinner one person at a time...
Oh went to a wedding last weekend..it was the first time my family saw me..
It was really quite funny...a lot of mouths were open..made me laugh...I felt like a queen...in a beautiful blue dress...

That is AMAZING! I am so happy for you! I wish I were closer, I would so go to your clinic! But alas, I am in Tennessee. I just can't contain my excitement for you! I squealed and the hubs was alarmed until I told him. He says congratulations!
Old 05-10-2011, 02:07 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I order from Nashau Nutrition....I order the smooth peanut butter bars (they have a chocolate coating)...about 150 calories, 5 grams of fat, and 12 carbs. I also love the double peanut butter and the smooth peanut butter and jelly (both of those are about 160 calories, 5 grams of fat, and 16 carbs). They run around $10 for a box of 7. I also love the bacon and cheese omelet and eat it everyday for breakfast (about 100 calories, 2 grams of fat, and 2 carbs). If you spend $99 you get free shipping.

Thanks lady! I know we are both going to reach our goals.
Duh, I should have read further in the threads! Now, as I am still in Phase 1 could I use the bacon and cheese omelet?? I need a change in taste~
Old 05-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 152.4/138/125.5

Height: 5'4-1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate View Post
Hey gang!!! I took my "before" and "thus far" pics. IDK that you can see much of a difference because i have only lost 35 pounds, but I think there are some small changes. I haven't been able to wear the dress I have on today in about TWO YEARS!!!!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62718299@N06/
I can see the difference and you look awesome! Keep it up!
Old 05-10-2011, 02:21 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 224/204/140

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeliever View Post
Just be careful about cheaper. I would ask for pure products. I don't want any unknown fillers in what I put in my body. Drug emporium should be able to tell you. Look up Mother Earth, Geneva, NY. They have a website and there is a phone number. They are excellent and I trust their products. Hope this helps.
I will be looking them up shortly! Thanks for the information!
Old 05-10-2011, 02:30 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn96 View Post
Morning everyone!

I had a pretty good first day yesterday. I had some aspartame so I will try and nix that from here on out. I feel pretty good other than the massive headache I developed late yesterday afternoon. OTC pain meds was one thing I really wanted to stop having (Tylenol, Advil, Excedrine). I broke down this morning and had 2 Tylenol. I couldn't imagine taking all three kids out today with my headache. Good news... the Tylenol already worked and I feel much more ready for my day! I liked my packets yesterday (oatmael, tomato basil soup, butterscotch pudding). Looking forward to today (omelet, leek soup, and I haven't decided on night snack yet).
Next time you get a headache, try drinking some of your water and having some seasalt. My first two weeks I had to lick salt off my hand because I couldn’t get enough in, which resulted in terrible headaches. A few minutes after licking the salt my head was fine.

Quote:
Hey gang!!! I took my "before" and "thus far" pics. IDK that you can see much of a difference because i have only lost 35 pounds, but I think there are some small changes. I haven't been able to wear the dress I have on today in about TWO YEARS!!!!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62718299@N06/
Dang, girl! You look great!! Your stomach is flatter and your face is smaller. You can definitely tell a difference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
NSV today... I'm wearing (dramatic pause (though not as dramatic as Dr. Pxlkitty's post from a couple weeks ago).......) size 6 pants today! My husband said he can't remember me in a size 6. (I didn't have the heart to tell him that I can't remember me in a size 6.)
Sweet!! I think I was a size six when I was six! LOL! That is awesome!!
Old 05-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
Hey Summer- I'm psyched you are starting phase 2 today! Good for you. I feel like it is giving me some new focus due to prepping something different for lunch! I'm going to be on phase 2 until the 26th, so we'll see how it goes. I'm hoping to continue to lose some more until phase 3.

NSV today... I'm wearing (dramatic pause (though not as dramatic as Dr. Pxlkitty's post from a couple weeks ago).......) size 6 pants today! My husband said he can't remember me in a size 6. (I didn't have the heart to tell him that I can't remember me in a size 6.)
Size 6!!! Wowie that is awesome! Well done and good job! I bet you look great!!
I laughed so hard about your last comment - not having the heart to tell him that you didn't remember yourself in a size 6. Tee hee hee! He never has to know because you're there now! So now is that time you can take a mental picture of your size 6 body! You may go down another size on IP, who knows?

~Emily
Old 05-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 275/231/180

Height: 6'

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Just a NSV for me and a SV for my Fiance.
My Fiance started IP a week ago, and went for her first weigh in yesterday. She has lost 10 pounds in one week and 14 inches. This was with TOM on the go as well. Our coach was quite shocked to say the least, she is over the moon with the results, and so am I. She is looking to drop 40 before July 30 our wedding day. I go for weight in on Friday, I will post results of my weigh in already.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:54 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

I'm trying to stay positive (thanks, Tate, for your encouragement). Something DID lift my spirits today: During my lunch break, I finally found a store that sells rhubarb! I'll be trying it for the first time today or tomorrow. Can't wait!

On an unrelated note, DIZZY/COLD SPELLS. I know this has been brought up on here before but I can't exactly remember the solution. I assume it has to do with my blood pressure. I just had it checked within the past couple weeks and it was normal. It always has been, except when I first had thyroid problems and it was low, 80something/50something I think. But yesterday and today I have had cold spells, and brief moments of dizziness like while I'm walking, or moreso when I go from sitting to standing.

Low sodium? Potassium? something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post
My first two weeks I had to lick salt off my hand because I couldn’t get enough in, which resulted in terrible headaches. A few minutes after licking the salt my head was fine.
Yesterday I had the worst headache ever, even though I'm very good at getting all my salt in each day. However, each WI, I see that I'm a little less hydrated. Maybe I need a little more salt? Anyway, call me silly, but I never thought of licking salt off my hand. I put a bunch in water and gag it down. I've been having a headache on and off today, too.... so at this very moment, instead of sitting through a cup of strong salt water, I'm licking salt off my hand; not nearly as bad. Thanks for the idea!
Old 05-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltaylor716 View Post
I will be looking them up shortly! Thanks for the information!
YW! Everyone on here is supportive and I am learning sooooo much!
Old 05-10-2011, 03:31 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabearone View Post
Way to go! You look fantastic!!
Ty very much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindacraig63 View Post
I can see the difference and you look awesome! Keep it up!
Yay!!! Hoping to keep shrinking..... many thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post

Dang, girl! You look great!! Your stomach is flatter and your face is smaller. You can definitely tell a difference!
Thanks much for the encouragement!! I think it is sometimes harder for us to see ourselves objectively. I am so glad I posted the pics---all of the positive feedback really made my day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
I'm trying to stay positive (thanks, Tate, for your encouragement). Something DID lift my spirits today: During my lunch break, I finally found a store that sells rhubarb! I'll be trying it for the first time today or tomorrow. Can't wait!
Hmmmm not sure I have ever been that excited to try a veggie, but hey, hope you end up liking it. The only time I have ever had rhubarb was when it was cooked with strawberries! Keep us posted on how it turns out!
Old 05-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #71  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
I am happy to report that all my fudging actually worked! I have lost 2 pounds as of this morning, after going 6 weeks without! I did a carb cheat day, and have had some nuts and peanut butter off and on. It seems to have switched things up and got my body going again. I also have added the pure protein bars from walmart to my daily food and they haven`t slowed my down any, if anything they have helped. I was worried that they would kick my out of ketosis but they didn`t. Just relieved and glad to be losing again!
Woo hoo! I mixed it up when I hit a plateau, too, and it worked...then I had the dumb*** idea that since I was losing like that I could keep eating like that. I lost a little, but nowhere near what I would have had I gone back on protocol. Just a heads up, I'd hate for you, or anyone, to go through the butt-kicking I've been giving myself.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #72  

Default Day 2 :(

I am on day 2 and I have to say, it's not the best day so far. I had the oatmeal in the morning and for lunch I had a sald with WF dressing. I barely ate the salad as I am not really hungry, just craving carbs. I did have the berry yogurt drink, but to me it was way too sweet even after adding more water.

I have to meet friends for dinner tonight at a Lebanse restaurant so I figure I will order the salmon with some girlled veggies that are allowed.

I really need some creative recipes to stay on track.

Can I have an all egg white omelete in the morning with spinach?
Old 05-10-2011, 03:39 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post

Yesterday I had the worst headache ever, even though I'm very good at getting all my salt in each day. However, each WI, I see that I'm a little less hydrated. Maybe I need a little more salt? Anyway, call me silly, but I never thought of licking salt off my hand. I put a bunch in water and gag it down. I've been having a headache on and off today, too.... so at this very moment, instead of sitting through a cup of strong salt water, I'm licking salt off my hand; not nearly as bad. Thanks for the idea!
Rhubarb is seriously one of my favorite things. I found some at the farmer's market last weekend. I cut it up in little chunks and cook it in a small pot with just enough water to cover it. Cook it down until it is no longer crunchy (couple of minutes, doesn't take long). I also use stevia in it for sweetness. But I really just love rhubarb because it reminds me of my childhood and my mom making rhubarb jam and crisp and pie! We're from Canada and it's definitely all the rage up there becuase it grows well in cold weather. My bf thinks I'm nuts and he doesn't like it, but he's from Virginia and a bit too Southern for it.

Anyway, I eat it warm and it's like dessert after my dinner! Add stevia until it is sweet enough for you. I hope you love it! I am sending my love of rhubarb vibes your way. Enjoy!

I also lick salt off of my heand when needed. Got the idea on here some time ago and isn't that way easier than trying to drink salt water? Hope you feel better.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:40 PM   #74  

Quote:
Hmmmm not sure I have ever been that excited to try a veggie, but hey, hope you end up liking it. The only time I have ever had rhubarb was when it was cooked with strawberries! Keep us posted on how it turns out!
LOL! I think it's because I know it supposedly tastes good and I've been wanting to try it, but every time i go into a grocery store, they never have any. This has been over a month. I guess part of my excitement is due to FINALLY finding it. I've been wanting it to try it microwaved, with some WF strawberry syrup drizzled on it.

Ok ok ok, yeah I'm excited about a vegetable. IP Phase 1 has gotten to my head.....

I'll definitely let you know if the excitement was worth it.

Last edited by Treena; 05-10-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
Rhubarb is seriously one of my favorite things. I found some at the farmer's market last weekend. I cut it up in little chunks and cook it in a small pot with just enough water to cover it. Cook it down until it is no longer crunchy (couple of minutes, doesn't take long). I also use stevia in it for sweetness. But I really just love rhubarb because it reminds me of my childhood and my mom making rhubarb jam and crisp and pie! We're from Canada and it's definitely all the rage up there becuase it grows well in cold weather. My bf thinks I'm nuts and he doesn't like it, but he's from Virginia and a bit too Southern for it.

Anyway, I eat it warm and it's like dessert after my dinner! Add stevia until it is sweet enough for you. I hope you love it! I am sending my love of rhubarb vibes your way. Enjoy!

I also lick salt off of my heand when needed. Got the idea on here some time ago and isn't that way easier than trying to drink salt water? Hope you feel better.
Thanks for the love-of-rhubarb vibes - I totally feel them all the way down here! And thanks also for the preparation tip! I'll have some Stevia packets handy when I make them. It sounds like a perfect dinner plan tonight, too, as I'm not going to have much time to make anything fancy today. I doubt I'll be "too Southern" to enjoy rhubarb - Florida's a pretty mixed state, and I'm actually from New Jersey. We'll see!
Closed Thread