Old 05-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Default Took a break of sorts....

Last weekend (Saturday) I just could not take being hungry anymore. I was tired of feeling like I was going to chew off my own arm most of the day. The hunger meant that I smoked more (I was down to about 4 cigs a day prior to the diet---up to almost half a pack). I was tired of paying BIG $$$$, too.

BUT...... I LOVED how fast I was losing. I enjoy the convenience of being able to grab something quick and know I am on plan, and I really missed the support here. I did NOT go on a big week long binge---I ate traditional Atkins induction style and have not gained any weight back, but despite being at less than 2000 cals a day with no cheating, I did not lose a thing.

I want to try to find a middle ground and think I can do this best if I use alternative products and make the decision to have an extra packet or lean protein snack when I am truly hungry. I will be reading up on the AP stuff today and will probably place an order somewhere. My twin sis is going to be here in 6 weeks---I would REALLY like to be down another 20 pounds by then!! I was losing at the rate of about 5 pounds a week before---I am willing to lose a little bit more slowly if it means I am not hungry and miserable all of the time.

I missed all of you..... thanks in advance for your support.
Tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:00 PM   #2  

I, too, have been on 'break', but conservative with my eating.

I have spent my free time over the past 2 weeks scouring the internet and picking friend's brains who've had bariatric surgery as to what their physicians recommended pre and post op, and I've come up with a workable plan that will cost about half as much as IP. Other than the substitute mixes, everything else remains the same.

Good luck to you! It seems plenty on here still have amazing success working low-carb alternatives and sticking with the gameplan otherwise.
RetroChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. No one can blame you for that! I think this plan is very workable for some and needs to be tweaked for others. I have also added my own bits to make it liveable. I add an extra protein in the evening. I can't do a packet because of the expense. So I do eggs. I also allow myself some extra restricted veggies. If having some tomato or salsa more than twice a week helps me stay on plan and lose weight, I can't not do it, you know? I've also added vegan cheese to my diet. I can't imagine having taco salad (IP style) without cheese. The Vegan cheese is melty like velveeta and is so good. I even bought more Torani sugar-free syrups to add to pudding, drinks, pancakes, everything.

Like I said, you do what you have to do. No one knows your body better than you.

Good luck!

Last edited by NannyOgg; 05-08-2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: spelling
NannyOgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate View Post
Last weekend (Saturday) I just could not take being hungry anymore. I was tired of feeling like I was going to chew off my own arm most of the day. The hunger meant that I smoked more (I was down to about 4 cigs a day prior to the diet---up to almost half a pack). I was tired of paying BIG $$$$, too.

BUT...... I LOVED how fast I was losing. I enjoy the convenience of being able to grab something quick and know I am on plan, and I really missed the support here. I did NOT go on a big week long binge---I ate traditional Atkins induction style and have not gained any weight back, but despite being at less than 2000 cals a day with no cheating, I did not lose a thing.

I want to try to find a middle ground and think I can do this best if I use alternative products and make the decision to have an extra packet or lean protein snack when I am truly hungry. I will be reading up on the AP stuff today and will probably place an order somewhere. My twin sis is going to be here in 6 weeks---I would REALLY like to be down another 20 pounds by then!! I was losing at the rate of about 5 pounds a week before---I am willing to lose a little bit more slowly if it means I am not hungry and miserable all of the time.

I missed all of you..... thanks in advance for your support.
So good to hear from you, Tate. You've been missed! Hope you find the products & a rythym that works for you. You've had great success, and will continue to!!
blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Luck to you, Tate! If I were hungry all the time, I wouldn't have made it as long as you did. That shows you have great strength and will power. You can do it!
brandam6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Thanks everyone---I really appreciate the support!!! It is already very good to be back!!!
Tate is offline   Reply With Quote