Old 05-06-2011, 07:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Arrow IP Weekend Chat May 6 - May 8, 2011

and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - Thursday 5 May 2011

Last edited by ontariophotogal; 05-06-2011 at 07:49 AM.
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Morning everyone

We are up early to head over to Orlando for the next 8 days. I'm probably just as excited as the kids to start hitting the parks!

Hope everyone has a great OP day and remember, don't over think things, trust yourself and the program....it really does work!!
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:58 AM   #3  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
back from WI#17 (i think) and down a few more pounds. i think i'll make it to the 160s next week! that is very exciting to me as the last time i saw 160s on the scale was for my physical before my junior year of high school! i also tried the apple soy puffs today and they are delicious!

2 NSVs today: my boyfriend loves candy and sweets so i have been keeping some for him in my cupboard next to my IP food. I look at it every day and never want to eat it! Also, i saw my boss today for the first time since December and he was shocked. he said i looked amazing and that he was really proud of me for taking care of myself. that was nice.

on an unrelated note, i had a super awesome work meeting today and I'm really excited to take on some creative custom projects for them. if anyone works for a cool tech, marketing, design, etc. company send me a PM! i work in corporate gifts and we are always looking for new contacts. my specialty is improving employee morale and productivity through gifting, acknowledgement and awards. everyone likes gifts, right?
Good work and great job to my IP starting buddy. You are doing amazing. I am sure you will get to into the 160's by next week! You got it.
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:59 AM   #4  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Morning everyone

We are up early to head over to Orlando for the next 8 days. I'm probably just as excited as the kids to start hitting the parks!

Hope everyone has a great OP day and remember, don't over think things, trust yourself and the program....it really does work!!

Have a great trip and enjoy every minute of it!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

"DRUM ROLL" today is wi #4 for me, i will post asap!!! i am super excited, cause i KNOW i have lost several pounds, and, or, inches. it feels so good to be able to feel yourself shrinking!
crystalchuckgracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:42 AM   #6  

Hope everyone has an amazing weekend and lots of SV and NSV!!!! And HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all us beautiful moms out there!
rjslilmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:58 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
"DRUM ROLL" today is wi #4 for me, i will post asap!!! i am super excited, cause i KNOW i have lost several pounds, and, or, inches. it feels so good to be able to feel yourself shrinking!
Good luck! It really does feel great to notice the difference!

I'm so happy it's Friday! The weekend forecast keeps changing, but I hope it's nice out so that the dog and I can get out for some long walks. He stops so often that it's not exactly a workout.

The discussion about skin etc from yesterday got me thinking that I'm also going to dig through my DVD cabinet and find my Callanetics discs and start doing those regularly. I'm feeling impatient to start running and weight training, but I'm going to hold off for a bit yet. The plan is working well right now and why mess with what ain't broken, right?

Have a fabulous Friday!
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:03 AM   #8  
joanne

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/155

Height: 5'4"

morning all, just had WI #4 and lost 3.8lbs and also had to go and get some new bra's as they were falling off my shoulders all day woohoo :0) hope everyone has a great weekend. Was a rough week but stuck on plan and it worked out
jo2155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/172/150

So...I've been trying to get OP for some weeks now and failing big time.

Today...I start over, phase 1, day 1. I know I can do it; I lost 35 lbs on this plan last fall and I know I can do it again. I just need a little more motivation and I think that actually posting on this forum might help me out. I usually do really well during the day but fail misarably after dinner...does anyone have any tips?

I don't have a coach so you guys are it!
melaniestf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

I`m wondering about the pure protein bars from walmart. That`s where I got mine anyway. Does anyone use them? Here`s the facts on them: these are the peanut butter ones, the chocolate were lower calories and fat, 200 calories, 6 grams fat, 16 carbs, 2 grams sugar and 6 grams sugar alcohol, 20 grams protein. The chocolate ones were like 140 calories and 4 grams of fat. Would these be okay to use some through the week? I`m moving onto phase 3 in a week and would like to use these as my snack in the evening? Any opinions? These were the best bars I could find at walmart, the atkins were way more carbs and sugar.
kjw83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:13 AM   #11  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Cool Happy Friday and Weekend

Good morning everyone, I started the day with a nice walk at 440 with my two dogs, though one ran off to bark at a fire hydrant???? thought it was one of the pet jack rabbits in our neighborhood I guess. I love walking early in the morning and as I leave for work by 6 I kind of have to. Today is WI # 12, it is hard to believe 12 weeks OP and just the differences are amazing. I was hunting in my closet this morning for something to wear (for WI days I try to find light pants and a t-shirt) as I can wear jeans at work, I decided to wear capris and a t-shirt. I looked at a t-shirt that I bought at a silent auction 2 years ago and that was way too tight to wear, and I thought maybe I will try that one today.... and guess what it fits perfectly... no longer have to buy X large and bigger am now down to Large... It makes me feel good. Today will be a different coach as my in on vacation so I am curious to see how they do things differently. My wi isn't until 430 pm my time, but I will let you all know either tonight or tomorrow as I have done the bootcamp all week long.... Tonight maybe a pizza to celebrate. I have one crepe mix left so I will do an IP pizza with ham and cilantro pesto and vegg... have a great day everyone.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 260/170/170

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning

I did my first weigh in this morning after 1 week on IP using alternative products. I was down 5lbs. SO HAPPY!
LeaArr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:23 AM   #13  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
I`m wondering about the pure protein bars from walmart. That`s where I got mine anyway. Does anyone use them? Here`s the facts on them: these are the peanut butter ones, the chocolate were lower calories and fat, 200 calories, 6 grams fat, 16 carbs, 2 grams sugar and 6 grams sugar alcohol, 20 grams protein. The chocolate ones were like 140 calories and 4 grams of fat. Would these be okay to use some through the week? I`m moving onto phase 3 in a week and would like to use these as my snack in the evening? Any opinions? These were the best bars I could find at walmart, the atkins were way more carbs and sugar.
Used both these flavors with good results. I did not eat them every day, maybe 2-3 times a week. They worked out well. I would even think you would be ok eating one a day, especially if you are active. I used them right before lifting and I felt great.

I have stopped protocol and trying real life for 2 weeks and want to see what happens. I still have a bar for breakfast occassionaly and before I lift. I also have them if I am on the go and need a quick meal to go.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:23 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniestf View Post
So...I've been trying to get OP for some weeks now and failing big time.

Today...I start over, phase 1, day 1. I know I can do it; I lost 35 lbs on this plan last fall and I know I can do it again. I just need a little more motivation and I think that actually posting on this forum might help me out. I usually do really well during the day but fail misarably after dinner...does anyone have any tips?

I don't have a coach so you guys are it!
Well, keeping busy in the evenings and going to bed early help a lot!
I'm an evening snacker (used to be binge eater) and I plan for an enjoyble snack every evening. For me it's sweet/chocolate, so I save my restricted for the evening or I hvae the chocolate pudding. I know they say not to, but if it's between that and an all out binge, there is no contest. The cravings will decrease in time and maybe a lot of the eating is emotional/habitual? Those are things you can work on with some good cognitive therapy- like the Beck books (Beck diet solution) or the Roth books (Women Food and God).
You absolutely can do this! Keep posting often- that always helps.
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:25 AM   #15  

Good morning, my wonderful IP friends!.. it's a glorious day here in West Texas... sunny skies, light winds (for a change), high of 90F... I'm all revved up for my morning at the gym & to have a 100% protocol day... I hope this is a GREAT day for all of you...

kjw83, I get the Pure Protein bars at Walmart too... I really only use them when I'm going on a trip & it's easier than carrying along other IP-friendly stuff... (I always move into Phase 2 for a trip & have the bars for breakfast).. at the moment, I'm liking the S'Mores ones best... anyway, sorry I'm not much help on using them in Phase 3... I haven't been there yet...

Off topic: For you skywatchers out there, tomorrow morning between 2:00 & 4:00 local time, bits & pieces of the famous Halley's Comet will light up the overnight sky in a promising meteor shower, weather permitting, in the annual Eta Aquarid meteor shower... it's expected to put on a dazzling display of "shooting stars" for skywatchers graced with good weather & clear skies... that's because the moon, which is currently in its unlit new phase, won't interfere with the meteor light show... we can expect to see 30 to 60 of these very swift meteors per hour!.. peak was this morning, & I missed it, but there's still a chance to see this fun example of God's handiwork for several more days (through May 21)..

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote