Old 05-06-2011, 10:42 AM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
The broccoli and cheese soup was recalled because it was accidentally manufactured with MSG. I've never heard of asparagus soup. It might be an old, discontinued, product.
They are still selling the broccoli cheese soup... My centre just got it in last week and msg was listed on the box... I'm in Canada.
Shawniebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:42 AM   #32  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
As I mentioned yesterday, my doctor is so pleased with my pressure readings since I've been on the program, he cut my blood pressure medicine in half. He also said that if I keep it up, I may reach a point where I don't need the meds at all! This is wonderful news because I have taken blood pressure medication most of my life! Life is good!

Plans for the day are to stay on program and try to become a little more active, so I'm going to clean out my closet a little bit. I'm getting rid of a few items that are too large so that I'm not tempted to slide back into them. I'm also going into the pantry and boxing up all of those high calorie, high carb foods that are unopened and take them to my local food bank.

I tried the WF Bacon/Ranch dressing yesterday, and while it's not the best thing on earth, it was a nice change from vinegar and oil. I am enjoying it quite a bit, actually. I discovered a small store in town that sells all the WF dressings, so I'm going to try each one. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Have a wonderful day, everyone! I'll check back here later.
That is a GREAT NSV, congratulations. as for salad dressings, I like the chipolte ranch, and have the honey dijon... and packets of the thousand island for when I want mac in a bowl. I make my own dressing with the dijon and the wf mayonase that is similar to a ceasar dressing... very yummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeliever View Post
I am finding that certain IP products are not sold in upstate NY. I keep asking the counselor and doc why the broccoli and apspargras soups aren't available? There are other restricted snack not available here but I am not there yet but hopefully by the time I am there will be a better selection. I was told there was a better selection in Canada! Huh? I am confused.
I think in Eastern Canada as this program has been there for 20 years... I have never heard of the asparagus soup either, might have been discontinued. I find I hear about the new products here first and then a month or two my clinic gets them. So far none of the teas or I heard soy patties and cookies from this site, but I am usually the one telling my clinic the new products. kind of make me laugh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Good morning and happy Friday! I hate to say it, but I only recognize a few names on the boards now! I've been off the program for a bit, and have had weeks on and weeks off. It all started when I cheated (badly) and still lost three pounds. Now, I haven't gained any weight, and have lost a couple of pounds, but nothing compared to what I would have had I stuck to it the past couple of months.

For some reason (shame, guilt, lying to myself), I have been kind of afraid to post back on the boards. However, today is day 3 or 4 of doing IP almost perfectly, and I'm finally back into ketosis! Welcome me back, ya'll? I missed my IP friends.
We still love you and missed your posts, welcome back and you can make new friends now. Here is to staying OP....
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #33  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

I've never posted any progress pics (and didn't take a "start" pic, unfortunately) but I was struck by 2 pictures of me with my niece 15 weeks apart at church. The first pic was the day before I started IP and the 2nd one was last weekend. IP is amazing and I'm so jazzed to keep going after seeing the progress!
ash825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #34  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Thanks, ya'll! Yep, I'm all about making new friends...now I have that Girl Scout song stuck in my head...

I've been back-reading (because I didn't even want to come on here and read on a bad day), and wow, ya'll are doing fantastic! I have to admit the jealousy of ya'll who started after me and are doing far better, but lesson's learned.
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:56 AM   #35  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I started working out in January with a personal trainer in a small group (intense resistance training). The scale stopped moving so I got frustrated and tried a different diet (kinda Atkins like). That darn scale went up one pound the first week and one pound the second week. I got so frustrated I went back to IP (but using alternatives)....I lost a pound a day for 8 days in a row. So here I am....I am way too scale driven....the scale has stayed the same for two days and I am ready to quit. I just want to get to goal weight.

Saw your post about body fat%. I am sure I could improve in that area too...I have 20 years of undo to fix. But I am on week 16 with the personal trainer and I feel so strong and so fit...and hubby says he has never seen me so muscular (we have been together since I was 16 and fit teenager so that is a compliment).

I have decided that I will be done no matter what on June 13th (9 month anniversary). Hopefully I will weigh in the 150's. If after the summer and tons of exercise I think I need to lose more...I will attempt it in September (the boring month).

Hope your change is going better than mine did....we all have such different experiences and results.
Maybe it is just being a male, but the scale number did not really matter to me. I just wanted to feel better, look better and be healthier. I did not need a scale to give me a healthy number or some chart. But I know I am way different than most. I did like getting my BF% checked and gave me some closure to this journey. Being 12.4% and wanting to go to 9%, this will put me around 200 or a little below and be lean. I wanted more the physical appearance and feel better. I am happy I got a trainer which I only have one session with and then its all on my own. He definitely works me hard and I love it. It feels so good to be back in the gym.

Last Saturday, I decided I needed to do something to help me get through workouts with out being wiped out. I decided I was 9 lbs from goal so I would just go back to eating normal with much better choices and portion control. I instantly gained 12 lbs, but as of yesterday I had lost 6 of those 12. I feel much better in my workouts. I plan to do this one more week and see where I am. I may jump back to phase 1 so I can hit my 9% bf goal. I still have a little pudge to lose so I can start to see abs!

I am sure you will make the best decision for yourself come June 13th. Look at what you have done so far. You have done great and lived life at the same time. I thnk all of us need to realize, we will need to be able to live life, make smart choices and not fall apart if we do eat a whole pizza...lol!

Thank you for all your words of encouragement and help to me and others. You are a great person. You are also looking great too. Keep at it and you will make it!
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:57 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
I've never posted any progress pics (and didn't take a "start" pic, unfortunately) but I was struck by 2 pictures of me with my niece 15 weeks apart at church. The first pic was the day before I started IP and the 2nd one was last weekend. IP is amazing and I'm so jazzed to keep going after seeing the progress!
Wonderful! Way to go, Ash!!!
blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
You look AWESOME! Way to go and congrats!
mamabearone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #38  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Your progress is GREAT! You are doing wonderful!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Thanks, ya'll! Yep, I'm all about making new friends...now I have that Girl Scout song stuck in my head...

I've been back-reading (because I didn't even want to come on here and read on a bad day), and wow, ya'll are doing fantastic! I have to admit the jealousy of ya'll who started after me and are doing far better, but lesson's learned.
aaahh! Now the girl scout song is stuck in my head!! lol! Nice to meet you!!
mamabearone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:13 AM   #40  
WhoDatChick

S/C/G: 229/189.0/150

Quote:
Good morning and happy Friday! I hate to say it, but I only recognize a few names on the boards now! I've been off the program for a bit, and have had weeks on and weeks off. It all started when I cheated (badly) and still lost three pounds. Now, I haven't gained any weight, and have lost a couple of pounds, but nothing compared to what I would have had I stuck to it the past couple of months.

For some reason (shame, guilt, lying to myself), I have been kind of afraid to post back on the boards. However, today is day 3 or 4 of doing IP almost perfectly, and I'm finally back into ketosis! Welcome me back, ya'll? I missed my IP friends.

Looks like you and I are in the same boat!! I started in Oct 2010 and lost
35 lbs by February and then all of a sudden started sneaking cheats and got completely off of plan...for 2 months!! I gained 7 lbs in that time cause I was eating junk like I had before starting IP. I started back 2 weeks ago and have lost the 7 lbs so I'm excited to get back on track!!! Oh, and I'm also from Louisiana...South La in Franklin. Good luck!!!
whodatchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #41  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Good morning everyone. In the midst of trying to get my butt out of bed as I have a meeting, class, another meeting, and homework to do today. Frick this semester is super busy!

I'm a little bummed as the scale hasn't really moved much. I think it would be better for me to go WI weekly again and see my coach. I'm going to try and go tonight or tomorrow.

Another thing is I am EXHAUSTED. I cannot get enough sleep! Wednesday night I slept 10-6, then had a nap when I got home 3-6 and last night I slept 1am-9am. I just can't seem to get enough!!! I'm usually a night owl - and going to bed at 10pm never happens for me. And it's serious REM sleep too with crazy vivid dreams.

Well guys hope you all have a good IP day today!! Take care
SashaJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #42  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
VERY VERY AWESOME....you took years off. Keep it up!

JUICE Ialso just wanted to feel better when I started and 175 was my goal forever. Not sure when I got to the point where I am actually considering 145. I guess I just saw it was doable with the diet and thought what the heck...never been a healthy BMI! I actually love the size I am now and so does the hubby and a ton of people tell me I don't need to lose more. Oh well, let's see how the rest of the month goes. Whatever happens happens. Wow...less than 10% body fat....amazing!
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:17 AM   #43  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Talking shake bottle issue... weird but true

Ash congrats, stupid internet at work doesn't let me view the pics so will wait until I get home.

Okay, what am I doing wrong???? when I make anything in my shaker, especially the drinks, there are lumps of goo sticking to the coil? I have found if I put an ice cube in it isn't as bad but, I shake the s*** out of it and it foams up but then there are still lumps... the pommegranite and raspberry is the worst... HELP don't want to chew lumps in my drinks...
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:29 AM   #44  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Okay, what am I doing wrong???? when I make anything in my shaker, especially the drinks, there are lumps of goo sticking to the coil? I have found if I put an ice cube in it isn't as bad but, I shake the s*** out of it and it foams up but then there are still lumps... the pommegranite and raspberry is the worst... HELP don't want to chew lumps in my drinks...
I got sick of this early on and bought a magic bullet. I absolutely LOVE it!! With the fruity drinks it's best to blend the ice/water first then add the powder. Yum-o.
ash825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #45  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Ash congrats, stupid internet at work doesn't let me view the pics so will wait until I get home.

Make sure the water is cold and not warm in the least bit.