Old 05-06-2011, 09:25 AM   #16  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace and Levis View Post
Hello~Welcome to IP and this forum. Just a suggestion about the challenge of getting all of your water in: I keep a 16.9oz water bottle on my nightstand every night. The first thing I do in the morning is drink the whole bottle of water before I even climb out of bed. Then I start my morning routine that includes taking my (not IP which I take after breakfast) vitamins and meds, I always take these with 8oz of water. So before I even start breakfast I have 3+ of my 8oz of water done. When I start to get that drop around mid morning I drink another 16.9oz only I add 1/4 tsp sea salt. For me I'd rather drink it than try to salt all of my food. I've noticed that this seems to tame my hunger until lunch and it gives me a pick-me-up. I do this again around mid afternoon. By this time I have my 8+ cups of water done. I usually drink water with dinner and stop for the evening or I'm up all night going potty.
THE BIG BONUS is that after you drink water for a bit your body will crave it!
This will be a fun (and trying) change but the weight loss and a healthy you is the biggest reward ever!

This was such a good post from Lace and Levis yesterday that I thought it bears repeating. I am one of those people who is sick and tired of getting up every 2 hours to go to the bathroom. I'm going to follow your advice and see if I can't get all the water in a bit earlier.

You're so right about craving water. Previously I was NOT a water-drinker. Now, it's no problem getting in 100+ ounces a day! The problem is not getting a solid night's sleep because I'm up all the time. BUT-- I'm not complaining.
BROWNEYES47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:28 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Morning everyone

We are up early to head over to Orlando for the next 8 days. I'm probably just as excited as the kids to start hitting the parks!

Hope everyone has a great OP day and remember, don't over think things, trust yourself and the program....it really does work!!
Have a wonderful time! Lucky puppy! I am SO sick of rain and cold. Hey, it's MAY for cripe sakes! ha ha
angelbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #18  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
"DRUM ROLL" today is wi #4 for me, i will post asap!!! i am super excited, cause i KNOW i have lost several pounds, and, or, inches. it feels so good to be able to feel yourself shrinking!
I bet you will have a great WI. Great attitude and I hope you have great numbers! Let us know

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo2155 View Post
morning all, just had WI #4 and lost 3.8lbs and also had to go and get some new bra's as they were falling off my shoulders all day woohoo :0) hope everyone has a great weekend. Was a rough week but stuck on plan and it worked out
Way to stick it out. Isn't it worth it? Great loss for the week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniestf View Post
So...I've been trying to get OP for some weeks now and failing big time.

Today...I start over, phase 1, day 1. I know I can do it; I lost 35 lbs on this plan last fall and I know I can do it again. I just need a little more motivation and I think that actually posting on this forum might help me out. I usually do really well during the day but fail misarably after dinner...does anyone have any tips?

I don't have a coach so you guys are it!
One day at a time. Focus and you will will succeed. If you have done it once, you can do it again. Set some mini goals and shoot for them and you will be at your big goal in no time. Post here often. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Good morning everyone, I started the day with a nice walk at 440 with my two dogs, though one ran off to bark at a fire hydrant???? thought it was one of the pet jack rabbits in our neighborhood I guess. I love walking early in the morning and as I leave for work by 6 I kind of have to. Today is WI # 12, it is hard to believe 12 weeks OP and just the differences are amazing. I was hunting in my closet this morning for something to wear (for WI days I try to find light pants and a t-shirt) as I can wear jeans at work, I decided to wear capris and a t-shirt. I looked at a t-shirt that I bought at a silent auction 2 years ago and that was way too tight to wear, and I thought maybe I will try that one today.... and guess what it fits perfectly... no longer have to buy X large and bigger am now down to Large... It makes me feel good. Today will be a different coach as my in on vacation so I am curious to see how they do things differently. My wi isn't until 430 pm my time, but I will let you all know either tonight or tomorrow as I have done the bootcamp all week long.... Tonight maybe a pizza to celebrate. I have one crepe mix left so I will do an IP pizza with ham and cilantro pesto and vegg... have a great day everyone.
I love reading your posts. You sound so full of life and energy all the time. I am happy for you and your success. I hope your WI goes well and I am sure it will if you did bootcamp all week. Keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaArr View Post
Good Morning

I did my first weigh in this morning after 1 week on IP using alternative products. I was down 5lbs. SO HAPPY!
Welcome, good to see another "alternative" products user. Great loss for the first week. Keep at it and you will see results very quickly!
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:32 AM   #19  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Good morning, my wonderful IP friends!.. it's a glorious day here in West Texas... sunny skies, light winds (for a change), high of 90F... I'm all revved up for my morning at the gym & to have a 100% protocol day... I hope this is a GREAT day for all of you...

I get the Pure Protein bars at Walmart too... I really only use them when I'm going on a trip & it's easier than carrying along other IP-friendly stuff... (I always move into Phase 2 for a trip & have the bars for breakfast).. at the moment, I'm liking the S'Mores ones best... anyway, sorry I'm not much help on using them in Phase 3... I haven't been there yet...

Off topic: For you skywatchers out there, tomorrow morning between 2:00 & 4:00 local time, bits & pieces of the famous Halley's Comet will light up the overnight sky in a promising meteor shower, weather permitting, in the annual Eta Aquarid meteor shower... it's expected to put on a dazzling display of "shooting stars" for skywatchers graced with good weather & clear skies... that's because the moon, which is currently in its unlit new phase, won't interfere with the meteor light show... we can expect to see 30 to 60 of these very swift meteors per hour!.. peak was this morning, & I missed it, but there's still a chance to see this fun example of God's handiwork for several more days (through May 21)..

hugs
I love the s'mores ones... have only let myself have 2, and only at the office when it's easier to have a bar than take a shake.

Thanks for the astronomy reminder. I will definitely check it out. I don't think it'll be as amazing up here near Wash DC, but still worth a look!
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:38 AM   #20  
Start: 4-20-11

Default Great News To Share

As I mentioned yesterday, my doctor is so pleased with my pressure readings since I've been on the program, he cut my blood pressure medicine in half. He also said that if I keep it up, I may reach a point where I don't need the meds at all! This is wonderful news because I have taken blood pressure medication most of my life! Life is good!

Plans for the day are to stay on program and try to become a little more active, so I'm going to clean out my closet a little bit. I'm getting rid of a few items that are too large so that I'm not tempted to slide back into them. I'm also going into the pantry and boxing up all of those high calorie, high carb foods that are unopened and take them to my local food bank.

I tried the WF Bacon/Ranch dressing yesterday, and while it's not the best thing on earth, it was a nice change from vinegar and oil. I am enjoying it quite a bit, actually. I discovered a small store in town that sells all the WF dressings, so I'm going to try each one. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Have a wonderful day, everyone! I'll check back here later.
BROWNEYES47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:38 AM   #21  

I am finding that certain IP products are not sold in upstate NY. I keep asking the counselor and doc why the broccoli and apspargras soups aren't available? There are other restricted snack not available here but I am not there yet but hopefully by the time I am there will be a better selection. I was told there was a better selection in Canada! Huh? I am confused.
angelbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Started Phase 3 and it's a lot different. This am had yogurt (vanilla) with Cheerios. It is very confusing. Does it have to be plain. This is Carbmaster and has 60 calories and 4 grams of carbs. Any help is welcomed. Have read through a lot of a posts and still feel lost.
rulemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #23  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeliever View Post
I am finding that certain IP products are not sold in upstate NY. I keep asking the counselor and doc why the broccoli and apspargras soups aren't available? There are other restricted snack not available here but I am not there yet but hopefully by the time I am there will be a better selection. I was told there was a better selection in Canada! Huh? I am confused.
The broccoli and cheese soup was recalled because it was accidentally manufactured with MSG. I've never heard of asparagus soup. It might be an old, discontinued, product.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:09 AM   #24  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Phase III

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
Started Phase 3 and it's a lot different. This am had yogurt (vanilla) with Cheerios. It is very confusing. Does it have to be plain. This is Carbmaster and has 60 calories and 4 grams of carbs. Any help is welcomed. Have read through a lot of a posts and still feel lost.
Hi Rulemom,

Congratulations on phase III. Come on over to the "Life After" thread and you can get some help with your questions.

Lynn
woolberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:09 AM   #25  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Good morning and happy Friday! I hate to say it, but I only recognize a few names on the boards now! I've been off the program for a bit, and have had weeks on and weeks off. It all started when I cheated (badly) and still lost three pounds. Now, I haven't gained any weight, and have lost a couple of pounds, but nothing compared to what I would have had I stuck to it the past couple of months.

For some reason (shame, guilt, lying to myself), I have been kind of afraid to post back on the boards. However, today is day 3 or 4 of doing IP almost perfectly, and I'm finally back into ketosis! Welcome me back, ya'll? I missed my IP friends.
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #26  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Good morning and happy Friday! I hate to say it, but I only recognize a few names on the boards now! I've been off the program for a bit, and have had weeks on and weeks off. It all started when I cheated (badly) and still lost three pounds. Now, I haven't gained any weight, and have lost a couple of pounds, but nothing compared to what I would have had I stuck to it the past couple of months.

For some reason (shame, guilt, lying to myself), I have been kind of afraid to post back on the boards. However, today is day 3 or 4 of doing IP almost perfectly, and I'm finally back into ketosis! Welcome me back, ya'll? I missed my IP friends.
Welcome back! We have missed you! Glad to see you are starting it again and doing well. Keep at it, you will do great!
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #27  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Happy Friday to everyone..I am new to IP..so Jolie, I don't recognise names either!!
I am worried about a wine club dinner I have to go to tonight. It is my uncle's event. Has anyone here ever had a glass of wine on IP? I was thinking of only eating unrestricted foods during the day and then trying to stay as IP as possible at the dinner.
Any help would be appreciated. I plan on holding a wine glass and not sipping it!
I am in Washington state and enjoying seeing the lilacs and dogwoods..but I am not enjoying a fox family who is after my cats.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:26 AM   #28  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Used both these flavors with good results. I did not eat them every day, maybe 2-3 times a week. They worked out well. I would even think you would be ok eating one a day, especially if you are active. I used them right before lifting and I felt great.

I have stopped protocol and trying real life for 2 weeks and want to see what happens. I still have a bar for breakfast occassionaly and before I lift. I also have them if I am on the go and need a quick meal to go.
I started working out in January with a personal trainer in a small group (intense resistance training). The scale stopped moving so I got frustrated and tried a different diet (kinda Atkins like). That darn scale went up one pound the first week and one pound the second week. I got so frustrated I went back to IP (but using alternatives)....I lost a pound a day for 8 days in a row. So here I am....I am way too scale driven....the scale has stayed the same for two days and I am ready to quit. I just want to get to goal weight.

Saw your post about body fat%. I am sure I could improve in that area too...I have 20 years of undo to fix. But I am on week 16 with the personal trainer and I feel so strong and so fit...and hubby says he has never seen me so muscular (we have been together since I was 16 and fit teenager so that is a compliment).

I have decided that I will be done no matter what on June 13th (9 month anniversary). Hopefully I will weigh in the 150's. If after the summer and tons of exercise I think I need to lose more...I will attempt it in September (the boring month).

Hope your change is going better than mine did....we all have such different experiences and results.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #29  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
I`m wondering about the pure protein bars from walmart. That`s where I got mine anyway. Does anyone use them? Here`s the facts on them: these are the peanut butter ones, the chocolate were lower calories and fat, 200 calories, 6 grams fat, 16 carbs, 2 grams sugar and 6 grams sugar alcohol, 20 grams protein. The chocolate ones were like 140 calories and 4 grams of fat. Would these be okay to use some through the week? I`m moving onto phase 3 in a week and would like to use these as my snack in the evening? Any opinions? These were the best bars I could find at walmart, the atkins were way more carbs and sugar.
These are what I use for my daily restricteds. They haven't slowed me down but I sometimes have "bar binges" because they are so delicious! Then I don't buy them for a week to punish myself.
ash825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:33 AM   #30  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
As I mentioned yesterday, my doctor is so pleased with my pressure readings since I've been on the program, he cut my blood pressure medicine in half. He also said that if I keep it up, I may reach a point where I don't need the meds at all! This is wonderful news because I have taken blood pressure medication most of my life! Life is good!

Have a wonderful day, everyone! I'll check back here later.
Excellent on the blood pressure. I had completely forgotten that I got great news about my blood pressure with my doctor's visit the other day...it was 110 over 71...I don't remember it ever being that low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post

Glad you are back lady!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Happy Friday to everyone..I am new to IP..so Jolie, I don't recognise names either!!
I am worried about a wine club dinner I have to go to tonight. It is my uncle's event. Has anyone here ever had a glass of wine on IP? I was thinking of only eating unrestricted foods during the day and then trying to stay as IP as possible at the dinner.
Any help would be appreciated. I plan on holding a wine glass and not sipping it!
I am in Washington state and enjoying seeing the lilacs and dogwoods..but I am not enjoying a fox family who is after my cats.

check out the thinking of cheating thread there is conversation there about this. Be careful Washington wines are sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
These are what I use for my daily restricteds. They haven't slowed me down but I sometimes have "bar binges" because they are so delicious! Then I don't buy them for a week to punish myself.
"bar binge" LOL LOL LOL (I have never had one, but I want to)
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote