3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Lemons and Lemon Juice (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/232502-lemons-lemon-juice.html)

rosyposy 05-04-2011 02:28 PM

Lemons and Lemon Juice

Does anyone know if adding freshly squeezed lemons or lemon juice to water is okay? I quiet often put some lemons in my water bottle for the day and it helps me from getting tired of drinking bland water so I drink more.

Also, splenda.....I've thought about making "lemonade" by adding a tsp of splenda as well...would that be allowable?

showgirlaz 05-04-2011 02:55 PM

Yes, it is fine. DO NOT make lemonade even if it is with stevia or splenda or truvia or purevia or any "ok" sweetener.

The lemon is good is small amounts and has a nice pH balancing effect, detoxing element, and is good for digestion and elimination.

HOWEVER, it larger quantities, it is still juice with sugars and can be disturbing to ketosis if you ingest too much.

It is fine to use in marinade,cooking, salad dressing, or to brighten the flavor of water in reasonable/small portions.

If you can tolerate a weak lemonade like water drink you could try to use just a small amount of water, splenda, and a very small amount of lemon juice (you should stay around 1 1/2 fluid ounce a day which is 4.5g of sugar based carbs).

cwphy 05-04-2011 10:03 PM

I've been buying True lemon packets and adding them to my water to get that nice lemon taste...they also come in True Orange and True Lime.

katiebeth7 05-04-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwphy (Post 3836551)
I've been buying True lemon packets and adding them to my water to get that nice lemon taste...they also come in True Orange and True Lime.

And they offer coupons, too! http://www.truelemon.com/coupons.html

locks 05-05-2011 06:58 AM

Becareful of drinking lemon juice all the time, its hard on the enamel in your mouth, or brush with proenamel sensodyne. Its like dipping your teeth in acid over and over. When you sip a bottle of water with lemon, and coat your teeth for an hour, after a few months you will see changes in your teeth. Like people who drink alot of pop. Cavites start and we dont see them, next time your at the dentist verify it with him.

hollyfer 05-05-2011 08:25 AM

Anyone know if True Lemon is available in Canada?

rosyposy 05-05-2011 01:10 PM

Thanks for the info :)

I haven't put any splenda in my water yet and I won't now. For over a week I used fresh squeezed lemons every day, but I will make sure I only do it once in a while from now on.

showgirlaz 05-05-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosyposy (Post 3837406)
Thanks for the info :)

I haven't put any splenda in my water yet and I won't now. For over a week I used fresh squeezed lemons every day, but I will make sure I only do it once in a while from now on.

I think it is fine to use some splenda :)

I think you might have misunderstood my first sentence. I was trying to say don't attempt to make a real, sugar free lemonade. In that case too much splenda or sweetener and too much lemon would be used. For a weak lemon water or even a sweet lemon water you can control a bit more and just use a little of each. THAT would be fine.

SaskDragonfly 05-23-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollyfer (Post 3836912)
Anyone know if True Lemon is available in Canada?

Yes, I can buy it in Saskatchewan, so I am sure you will find it in Ontario. I buy it at the Co-op and is beside the Real Lemon Juice.

Art3mis 06-30-2013 05:11 PM

Sorry for pushing up an old thread but i've just started IP and my coach is well...kinda of flakey it seems so i will be doing a lot of my own research while im on the first phase i guess...

no one ever started is True Lemon and True orange okay to use in my water...just to change things up a bit....

both claim 0 cal/0sugars/ but when i read the fine print the true orange does list organic cane sugar as a first ingredient?

plus no fruit of any kind i thought...so? anyone have any good insight on this for me?

thanks in advance.

accgy 06-30-2013 05:28 PM

My coach recommended using lemon so it should be fine, also tomato is a fruit so fruits technically are allowed