Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 10:13 AM   #16  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Well..I'm happy to report that I don't look 4 months pregnant due to bloat today! So it was only a one day thing

ShowgirlAZ welcome back to the world of ketosis! You perserverance is amazing! You were one of the ppl that I read every post you have in the stickies up top, before I decided to follow this plan.Thank you for all that you've contributed so far, and can't wait to see what you contribute from now on too

Juiceman- I'm sorry that the ladies at your office couldn't make it through. It's really, imo, a decision that needs to be made in the persons heart, not just an "OH, look what he did I want to emulate", but more of an "I can not live like this any more and SOMETHING has got to change!" I don't have any words to give them, because the first week wasn't that difficult for me. I did get headaches, but other then that...Everything just seemed to fall into place. My protein powder arrived that I had ordered online the day I couldn't force myself to gag down another EAS rtd- and I LOVE the flavors I bought. My protein bars arrived on the day I really just needed a little something extra, and it satisfied my evening snack requirements perfectly.

Starting day 9 today. 7 was really the hardest so far, and that includes the day I went to a graduation party and they had the most delicious looking cupcakes (thank god for the veggie tray!). For some reason I wanted to eat and eat and eat, but managed to refrain. During the day I take care of 3 children, well 4 on Monday (day 7) + my 4. I was constantly making someone something to eat...so needless to say, that didn't help matters much.

Wearing a belt today to hold my pants up and I'm happy!
Have a good day today all!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:17 AM   #17  
I have HOPE!

S/C/G: 290/254.5/170

Height: 5'8

Thank you for Showgirlaz for your post yesterday and for letting us know you'd experienced something similar.

This program is amazing and although I did cheat on the program during my vacation, I am back on the plan and staying here.

Very good point that people have different ways of encouraging and that I will choose what is helpful for me and put aside what is not. I have a sensitive heart, especially when it comes to my weight and my ability to stick to a program, so this hit a nerve for me, but I truly appreciate your comments.
Congrats on starting the program again, I am convinced you will have the same great success you've had in the past!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:18 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 224/204/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning! Today is the official start of month #2! I was down 18 lbs the first month, hoping for something close to that the 2nd month! I hope everyone has a wonderful day! I plan on enjoying the sunshine after all the flooding rains we have had this past week!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:21 AM   #19  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffive View Post
Weigh In #13 yesterday, lost 2.2 lbs, and maybe an inch and a half total..

juiceman.. i have a little 16 month old too! (who kept me up all night).. which is why i'm telling myself is the reason i'm heavier this morning than yesterday... even after going on a field trip esterday with my 3rd grader to pizza hut and not cheating with the buffet. Just had a salad. WHO DOES THAT? the new me I guess..

Just checking in I guess, going back to bed and then going to weigh again! I swear my sleep patterns really have an affect on my scales in the morning. Have a great day everyone!~!!
I have a 6 month old, boy, 18 month old, girl and a 5 yr old girl. Whoops, always get hers wrong...LOL. 18 mo old is our early riser all the time. Usually if I go in and hold her, she will fall asleep and I can lay her back down. Today my magic did not work. Our 6 mo old boy is now the worlds worst sleeper. Wakes 5-6 times a night. Won't take a bottle yet, get furious when we try. He is about to kill my wife. I get up to help, but there is not much I can do. The 5 yr old sleeps through everything! I used to snack when the kids got up in the middle of the night. Now I just grab my water bottle.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:26 AM   #20  
Started IP 4/7/11

S/C/G: 280/253/185

Height: 5'11"

I am down a pound this morning after my Sunday cheat and being up two. I wont be doing that again. May 27th is my party and planned cheat. But I found out yesterday that my husband's 20th class reunion is September 16th. Yikes! I guess that will be a new goal. I would like to be close to done by then but it is definitely a motivator since at his 10 year I was 9 months pregnant and HUGE. I plan on being the hottest wife there!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:35 AM   #21  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Juiceman- I'm sorry that the ladies at your office couldn't make it through. It's really, imo, a decision that needs to be made in the persons heart, not just an "OH, look what he did I want to emulate", but more of an "I can not live like this any more and SOMETHING has got to change!" I don't have any words to give them, because the first week wasn't that difficult for me. I did get headaches, but other then that...Everything just seemed to fall into place. My protein powder arrived that I had ordered online the day I couldn't force myself to gag down another EAS rtd- and I LOVE the flavors I bought. My protein bars arrived on the day I really just needed a little something extra, and it satisfied my evening snack requirements perfectly.
I completely agree with you. For me personally, something clicked in my mind that I want to forever break my addiction to food and feel good about myself. I think some people have a quick fascination with the program because they see results of others. However, without a deep desire to make some serious changes, this isn't the diet for them.

For me, when someone says "don't you miss <insert food item here> ?", I simply reply "What I don't miss is that little bundle of fat that the seatbelt used to sink into. No <insert food item here> can match that feeling!"

I have had many neighbors/friends comment that this seems too hard and that they could never do it. After explaining the program ad nauseum, it's annoying that some people just say "wow, that's so hard. I could never do it."

This is why I posted last week that I was really sick of talking about the program... I sometimes feel like saying to some people "fine, be fat, I don't care."

On the advice of my coach, I've stopped telling most people how much weight I have lost. I decided that I want to internalize the program and become more private. I now say "I have lost a lot of weight" when people ask how much. It's none of their business... and I'm getting asked fewer questions, which is nice... I was getting sick of the barage of "what can you eat? do you eat veggies? It sounds like Atkins. Is it like Atkins? Why can't you eat fruit?"
Old 05-04-2011, 10:38 AM   #22  
Started Alt. IP 4/25/11

S/C/G: 200.4/191.6/165

Height: 5'4"

Good morning to everyone - Happy Wednesday!

I love reading everyone's post here every day to keep me on track. As you know, I am using alternative products and was down 6.4 pounds when I weighed on Monday. Can't wait until next monday, as I did that while it was my TOM.

Juice - I have a 2 1/2 yo boy who keeps me up sometimes too - he talks in his sleep, the little monkey. Drives me crazy.

My typical day is like this:

B: Coffee and EAS Carb Control Shake
L: EAS Carb Control Shake, salad, veggies
D: chicken or other meat, veggies, maybe a salad (get tired of lettuce)
S (nite): EAS Carb Control shake

Not too bored yet, but I know its coming.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #23  
Janelle

Weigh in day for me. *sigh* I blasted through my first 2 weeks and now these last 2 weeks have been at a turtle's pace. My coach is definitely going to need to pep talk me because this is the last thing I need mentally. I am usually a fast "loser" when I do anything low carb.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:44 AM   #24  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisiana chick View Post
I started a week ago and am anxious for my weigh in this afternoon. The program has been easier than I expected. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good weight loss this afternoon. Hope everyone has a great IP day.
Good Morning, Everyone! Yesterday was a SUCCESS DAY! I drank at least 100 ounces of water (had planned for 64 but read on here somewhere that 100 was better). I don't know if I'm in Ketosis or not, but I'm powerful thirsty this morning and feeling pretty darn good!

I'm drinking those EAS shakes (17 grams of protein) and another kind that I bought at Costco (30 grams of protein). Other than the protein, they're pretty close in calories. My thyroid doctor put me on this program and I'm not finding it particularly difficult (thank goodness!). I'm also very fortunate that I have a wonderful hubby who is supportive and doesn't require that I fix different meals for him (Yeah, Hubby!).

Today's plan is to drink another 100+ ounces of water. I think one of the secrets to this is the water. After reading through the forum here it appears that this is the number one help in flushing the system. I can't drink the water where I live -- it's totally undrinkable (you can even smell the chlorine when you bring it up to your nose)-- so I go to Sam's or Costco and buy water there. Drinking 6 of those 16.9 oz bottles give me the 100+ number that I'm looking for and it's simple to keep track of. I just check them off on my daily log as I drink them. I like simple.

I also prepared about 5 cucumbers this morning for salad. I really adore cucumbers and now that the weather is changing they are more available in the stores and don't cost an arm and a leg. I slice them and put them in a plastic bag with some chopped red onions, add some apple cider vinegar and a little olive oil, salt and pepper and let them marinate for however long it takes for me to eat them all. They stay pretty crisp for the most part. I've also added chopped celery to the mix and this is quite delicious. For a change of pace, I add some spices from a company called Penzey's (they're on line). One spice mixture of theirs that I use is called Sunny Spain. It's quite good. I went through their catalog (once you order something you get on their mailing list) looking for spices and mixtures that don't have sugars and there are quite a few. They also have stores in some cities (but not mine).

Today is going to be a slightly tricky day. I teach computerized machine embroidery at my local sewing center from 12-3 every Wednesday this month so I need to get that lunch meal in. Send me some good vibes so I can accomplish this. It takes me so long to eat all these veggies and salad. I'll just take the shake and a couple of bottles of water with me.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. If I can, I'll check back in with everyone. Thanks to those of you who welcomed me to this group. You are a fantastic group of people and I look forward to reading about you and how you're handling the program.

Good Luck, Everyone! Have a WONderful day!

Joan
Old 05-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbearjt08 View Post
Good morning to everyone - Happy Wednesday!

I love reading everyone's post here every day to keep me on track. As you know, I am using alternative products and was down 6.4 pounds when I weighed on Monday. Can't wait until next monday, as I did that while it was my TOM.

Juice - I have a 2 1/2 yo boy who keeps me up sometimes too - he talks in his sleep, the little monkey. Drives me crazy.

My typical day is like this:

B: Coffee and EAS Carb Control Shake
L: EAS Carb Control Shake, salad, veggies
D: chicken or other meat, veggies, maybe a salad (get tired of lettuce)
S (nite): EAS Carb Control shake

Not too bored yet, but I know its coming.

Have a great day everyone!
I'm also on the Alternate program, taking the EAS and Protein Shakes from Costco. Your menu looks so similar to mine. I do not have the night snack. I'm just not hungry and I have been told not to eat anything after 8pm.

I want to share something with you that my doctor told me about this diet (she put me on the diet). You MUST eat the lettuce. You must eat a LOT of salad. Our bodies need the roughage. You must also drink the water. I was never much of a water drinker, but you must do this.

I hope you have a wonderful day and look forward to your future posts.

Joan
Old 05-04-2011, 10:54 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 147/138.8/105

Height: 5' 2.25"

Good morning everyone! I am just going to post here real quick, but I guess I should really introduce myself over in the official introduction thread? I am going for my first meeting on Friday and plan to start the program on Monday. I can't wait! I lost 20 pounds at the beginning of 2010 and have (mostly) maintained the weight loss for a year. I just did regular ol' calorie counting. Then I stared exercising and sort of stopped watching what I ate, hence the maintenance but no more weight loss. I am looking for something to just help me 1) get to that goal, and 2) help me eat healthier (get the fast food/carb/junk habit out of my system!).

I have a 4.5 year old boy and 2 year old b/g twins. We are done having kids (I had a hysterectomy about 18 months ago, so when I say we're done, I mean we are DONE!!). lol I am ready to commit to my weight loss and fitness. Before I always had in the back of my mind I was just going to get pregnant so why bother (horrible attitude, I know, but it is how I thought). Now I'm ready to be thin and energetic to play with my kids!!!!!!

I am trying to browse through all the threads to get prepared and ready for Monday, but it is SO overwhelming! There is so much information. It would take me days and days to read it all and with two jobs and three kids I don't know how I'll find the time. I hope that I get enough information from my coach/meeting to be successful and find the time to get on here for additional help/ideas!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:58 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I completely agree with you. For me personally, something clicked in my mind that I want to forever break my addiction to food and feel good about myself. I think some people have a quick fascination with the program because they see results of others. However, without a deep desire to make some serious changes, this isn't the diet for them.

For me, when someone says "don't you miss <insert food item here> ?", I simply reply "What I don't miss is that little bundle of fat that the seatbelt used to sink into. No <insert food item here> can match that feeling!"

I have had many neighbors/friends comment that this seems too hard and that they could never do it. After explaining the program ad nauseum, it's annoying that some people just say "wow, that's so hard. I could never do it."

This is why I posted last week that I was really sick of talking about the program... I sometimes feel like saying to some people "fine, be fat, I don't care."

On the advice of my coach, I've stopped telling most people how much weight I have lost. I decided that I want to internalize the program and become more private. I now say "I have lost a lot of weight" when people ask how much. It's none of their business... and I'm getting asked fewer questions, which is nice... I was getting sick of the barage of "what can you eat? do you eat veggies? It sounds like Atkins. Is it like Atkins? Why can't you eat fruit?"
This is so smart! I think that when we internalize this program (let's not call it a diet) it becomes part of who we are now; not who we were. After only a small weight loss I am loving myself again. People who have only a small amount of weight to lose just don't get it, so why tear yourself up and try to make them understand? Change has to come from within. What is worth it to you and me might not be worth it to someone else. Who are we to judge? Enjoy your success! Let others think what they like. We have a grand secret and you are amongst friends here.

Have a wonderful day!
Joan
Old 05-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyRubz View Post
Weigh in day for me. *sigh* I blasted through my first 2 weeks and now these last 2 weeks have been at a turtle's pace. My coach is definitely going to need to pep talk me because this is the last thing I need mentally. I am usually a fast "loser" when I do anything low carb.
Do you realize what you have accomplished in such a short time? Your body needs time to catch up with the changes. Give it time... afterall... what have to got to lose other than more weight! How are you feeling? Concentrate on the positive!!!

Joan
Old 05-04-2011, 11:02 AM   #29  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

AHA! Found my electronic food diary. This also includes food inventory tab. I used it in the beginning to make sure that I wouldn't have to eat soup for breakfast because I ran out of a specific type of product... IP food planner

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 05-04-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:07 AM   #30  
Janelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
Do you realize what you have accomplished in such a short time? Your body needs time to catch up with the changes. Give it time... afterall... what have to got to lose other than more weight! How are you feeling? Concentrate on the positive!!!

Joan
Joan, I absolutely needed to hear that today. I have been focusing on what I have given up in the negative sense, but not what I have given up (21 pounds) in the positive sense. It is the instant gratification issue with me once again! Shame on me!

Thank you!!
Closed Thread