Old 05-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugadiva View Post
Oh yes they are evil!!! The poutine at La Banquis (did I say that right?) was astounding though so it was worth the cheat. But...really....I'm a caver...if I cheat once, I figure, why not twice? Then why not 18 times....so. Yes, back on plan and feeling good (well, I will be once the cravings and headache die down!)

Thanks for the encouragement and I didn't see you on the streets of Montreal Susie! Where were you last week? haha.
Our beloved Habs took a nose dive

I was NOT at La Banquise!!! LOL! I googled it because I've actually never heard of it before (and that is a good thing from the menu... aye! It would surely get me in trouble)!

I think I fit into the "caver" category too. I've been surprising myself on IP though!

I also don't have a preference over savory or sweet! I like everything! Hey! I didn't get into this mess for nothing you know! It took hard work to get to the point that I was at!

Actually, I worked quite a bit of overtime last week (we are prepping documents for upcoming Board meetings... fun! fun! fun! ...umm... yeah...). On Saturday, my daughter had a medical appointment in Westmount (both my kids have special needs: ADHD and Sensory Processing Disorder). On Sunday, my Mother-in-law and Sister-in-law took the kids and my husband and I went out and about without kids! It was heaven! We did some shopping and stuff. By the time the kids got back, we missed them again! That was nice too.

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-03-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #32  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1stbeachy View Post
All of you are doing so awesome, losing lots of lbs and inches, keeping positive attitudes even when your struggling through the day. I on the other hand, have been on this plan for 10 days now, lost approx 6.5lbs the first week and magically gained back 2lbs while I was sleeping last night! I am frustrated and ready for a pizza! I have been OP and have not cheated. The only thing I can think of doing different is drowning myself with more water. I have been having protien with lunch so I don't inhale the fridge when I get home from work! Could that be the problem? WTF????
That is why I dont Weigh myself every day. and let the once a week wi speak for itself. I gained 5 lbs one week when I weighed myself. If you are doing the program it will work, just let it, try not to weigh yourself everyday that is one way to get real discouraged. Keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Hello hello, IPers!!

To those who are struggling---keep at it!! Change things up and experiment to see what your specific body needs to keep the scale moving. I personally have some changes I'm going to make this week in regards to salad dressings. I prefer the creamy, high fat kinds and I need to re-visit my old friend Walden Farms to reduce my fat intake. It's a journey, right?

To those who are rocking it---you are such inspirations!! I had a hard Friday night last week. TOM was right around the corner and I was hit with major cravings. I ended up eating 2 restricted bars in the evening while reading this site for hours. I pushed through that madness and am back on track.

Have a fabulous day!
well it was with restricted bars and not like with a big quart of Baskin Robin's peanut butter and chocolate ice cream.. yummy that is what I like. I started bootcamp last friday for a week, so give it a try and try to stay strong, pickles and eggs for snacks when you really really need something extra. Stay strong my friend.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #33  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstDietVA View Post
Hi everyone!

I had a concern that I wanted to ask everyone about. I don't see my coach until Friday. Seems lately here I have lost a lot of my appetite. I start to get a little hungry around meal times but after eating a little bit I am full. There have even been a few days where I skipped my evening snack. Should I be concerned?
That is ketosis for you, you do lose your appetite. don't skip the protein packets if you find you are too full try having 1/2 of something in the afternoon and 1/2 at night so you get at least 3 protein packets in. I was doing the same thing and my coach said that your body might go into starvation mode if you don't have the 3 packets. I am now doing my 3 packets and I find it a treat sometime to have the snack every day. Keep up the good work.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:18 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I have an NSV today! The biggest of my size 14s fit today! I haven't worn them since before I got pregnant almost 5 years ago! Woo!
Also a friend of mine has been working hard to lose weight since January and has only lost about 10lbs. She's been pretty frustrated and since she's seen what I'm eating and the weight I've lost and she's really thinking about doing IP!

We have a Trash the Dress shoot this summer together with another girl if we fit back in our wedding dresses so it's a good incentive to drop the weight. I may be grateful my dress was a size too small at my wedding!
AprilH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #35  

I made the turnip fries yesterday and omg if you havent tried them yet you NEED to asap!! They are sooo good! Just to confirm, we can have turnip every day, right? These seem way too good to be a daily thing!
Shawniebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:54 PM   #36  

Quote:
All of you are doing so awesome, losing lots of lbs and inches, keeping positive attitudes even when your struggling through the day. I on the other hand, have been on this plan for 10 days now, lost approx 6.5lbs the first week and magically gained back 2lbs while I was sleeping last night! I am frustrated and ready for a pizza! I have been OP and have not cheated. The only thing I can think of doing different is drowning myself with more water. I have been having protien with lunch so I don't inhale the fridge when I get home from work! Could that be the problem? WTF????
Don't get frustrated ! We have all been there done that! I used to be a carb whore! But, I love Pizza Hut pizza and wow almost went to the DARK side!!!!
angelbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawniebear View Post
I made the turnip fries yesterday and omg if you havent tried them yet you NEED to asap!! They are sooo good! Just to confirm, we can have turnip every day, right? These seem way too good to be a daily thing!
I haven't dared try the turnips. I *heard* they are pungent and don't taste good. Dang, maybe I can try a small one and try making the fries.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #38  
Janelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawniebear View Post
I have not made the turnip fries yet, but have become obsessed with "fried" cauliflower. That is the most bizarre statement for me...but the crunchy salty thing makes me real, real happy. I am going to try the turnip fries soon, as everyone says they are delish.
BellyRubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #39  
Start IP 04-25-11

S/C/G: 260/253.5 5-2/160

[QUOTE=2RIDEROLLERCOAST;3834296]That is why I dont Weigh myself every day. and let the once a week wi speak for itself. I gained 5 lbs one week when I weighed myself. If you are doing the program it will work, just let it, try not to weigh yourself everyday that is one way to get real discouraged. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the encouragement...I needed a reality check! I do need to stay away from the scale, unfortunately, I would have to be in a coma to really do it! I'm not gonna lie
J1stbeachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:07 PM   #40  

Must be there are different soups and snacks out there~ I asked my counselor if they could get the Broccoli and aspargrass soups and the southwest cheese curls and got a big fat NO for an answer!! WTF??
Old 05-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #41  
Janelle

Quote:
Thanks for the encouragement...I needed a reality check! I do need to stay away from the scale, unfortunately, I would have to be in a coma to really do it! I'm not gonna lie
I am terrible about it too. Yesterday I begged my husband to hide the scale and within a couple of hours I begged him to get it for me. I am just going to have to learn to deal with the fact that I am an extreme fluctuator.

Last edited by BellyRubz; 05-03-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:10 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjdawg View Post
Good Morning All. I'm on Day 8 and feeling very good. I'm surprised that I am not hungry and don't seem to have much in the way of cravings.
Good for you! Let us know about your journey! I am at 8 weeks this week and have lost 23 lbs. Have tons more to go but what the heck....being on here REALLY helps me! Thanks all my IP friends!
Old 05-03-2011, 02:10 PM   #43  
Janelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeliever View Post
Must be there are different soups and snacks out there~ I asked my counselor if they could get the Broccoli and aspargrass soups and the southwest cheese curls and got a big fat NO for an answer!! WTF??
WTF is right?!! We don't get the broccoli or asparagus either...but we do get the cheese curls and they are so good. I wish they were not restricted so I could have 3 a day!
Old 05-03-2011, 02:12 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:

10 days is not a long time! Give yourself a chance!

I don't know why the 2 lbs gain but 2 lbs is not a whole lot and can be attributed to many things other than actual weight gain: a defective scale? TOM? The big "C"? Regular fluctuations in your body? Other?

I love what someone on here keeps saying: "You can not control how will lose weight or what you body will do. You can only control what you put in your mouth. Your body will take care of the rest."

Watch for "hidden sugars" (marinades, rubs, salad dressings, gums, etc.). Keep following the protocol and trust the system. It will work.

My husband told me to give it at least a month before throwing in the towel on it. (Yeah, I have had my days too!)

If you really must weigh (I am a SW too), make sure to do it at the same time every day and wearing the same thing (or nothing at all). For example, first thing in the morning, after going to bathroom.

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-03-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:12 PM   #45  
Start IP 04-25-11

S/C/G: 260/253.5 5-2/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeliever View Post
Don't get frustrated ! We have all been there done that! I used to be a carb whore! But, I love Pizza Hut pizza and wow almost went to the DARK side!!!!

Well I have a confession to make...I actually ordered a meat lovers pizza Friday night for my family (uh huh) and ate just the toppings and a big salad! It was soooo good! I figured the cheese is low carb...meat is protein can't be that bad...right??

Last edited by J1stbeachy; 05-03-2011 at 02:14 PM.
J1stbeachy is offline   Reply With Quote