Big Mac in a Bowl

You're on Page 2 of 10
Go to
  • [QUThis sounds great. One question: What is "WF Thousand Island" dressing. (of course I know what Thousand Island is...WF? not so much) Thank you!OTE][/QUOTE]

WF is Walden Farms. They make calorie free dressings, syrups, etc. You can buy it from lowcarbgrocerydotcom and usually at Tops in the States...HTH!
  • omg this sounds awesome! how many servings does that recipe make?
  • Mmmm - my favourite recipe
  • Shredded cabbage
    I make mine with shredded cabbage so I can count it towards my 2 cups veggies and it tastes delish!
  • This is a good dish! My Hubby & Kids loved it!!! I just picked up WF Ranch, they didn't have thousand island. I also saw honey dijon! I picked it up at Stop & Shop in the produce dept! Wish I could get my hands on some WF PB!!
  • Quote: This is a good dish! My Hubby & Kids loved it!!! I just picked up WF Ranch, they didn't have thousand island. I also saw honey dijon! I picked it up at Stop & Shop in the produce dept! Wish I could get my hands on some WF PB!!
    IMHO...the peanut butter is disgusting! I love regular peanut butter and I was so excited to get mine in the mail only to find that it is the most vile tasting thing I have ever put into my mouth
    Let me know if you like it when you do find it.
    Have a great IP weekend!
  • OH MY GOSH!!! This is the best thing I've tasted in 3 weeks of this diet!! I will definitely be making this often!
  • Bump for those looking to find this recipe
  • Wow, made this last night and it was a dream!! Thanks so much!! If you close your eyes, you really are at McDonald's!! Mmmmmmm
  • RE: Big Mac In a Bowl
    Hi there,

I don't post often but I had to tell you that this was DELICIOUS!! I did make my own 1000 Island dressing. It is a low fat, low calorie dressing. I also used ground turkey. I will probably eat this salad for days as Big Macs are a comfort food for me. Very, very good!! Thanks so much for posting the recipe!!

Peace and blessings !
    Gwen
  • Quote: Hi there,

I don't post often but I had to tell you that this was DELICIOUS!! I did make my own 1000 Island dressing. It is a low fat, low calorie dressing. I also used ground turkey. I will probably eat this salad for days as Big Macs are a comfort food for me. Very, very good!! Thanks so much for posting the recipe!!

Peace and blessings !
    Gwen
    Can't go wrong with big mac in a bowl. I go through lots of pickles at my house, for sure!

Have you posted your recipe for homemade 1000 Island dressing? I'd love to learn how to make it!
  • yes please post it!!!! I know its probably not zero zero zero but I still want to know
  • Hi,
    This is not my recipe for the 1000 Island Dressing..I got it from Food.com.
    It is very good. I used my inversion blender to mix it very well. I also added a couple of teaspoons of water to thin it out a bit. I think the Greek Yogurt that I used makes it extra thick and creamy. I use 2 Tablespoons on my salad.

1 cup plain non fat yogurt - I used non fat plain greek
    3 tablespoons pickle relish
    3 tabelspoons chili sauce
    2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
    1 tablespoon minced onions
    1 tsp. white vinegar
    1 teaspoon mustard

Combine all ingredients, refrigerate at least an hour

Servings per recipe - 24
    Serving size - 1 tblsp
    Calories per Tblsp - 14
    less than 1 gr. fat, 1 gr. protein, 2 gr carbohydrate
    56mg of sodium

I hope that you like it and there isn't all of the chemicals found in prepared dressings!!

Gwen
  • This looks amazing! Lunch tomorrow!
  • This is amazing!! It was Jordanna's creation. I have started adding a few of the dill pickle zippers to the salad to give it some crunch and added pickle flavor.