Old 04-25-2011, 01:59 PM   #1  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Default I Really Like this group!!!

I have been browsing this group for about three days and I really like it. You all are so informative. I would like to do the IP but my budget is not allowing for it. So after looking through the post it for the levels I came up with my own plan and will see how it works. I know my body responds well to protein so I should do pretty well. I can also eat the same things everyday for months on end. I started my own plan today.

Breakfast - EAS Vanilla Protein Powder / water / Trident layers gum - 1 slice to add flavor to the Vanilla Protein Powder. I was planning to add cinnamin to it but I was running late.
Lunch - Ham, salad
Snack - EAS Vanilla Protien Powder / water (in about an hour)
Dinner - TBD
I was sipping on a decaf green tea with lemon juice no sugar before lunch and it helped with the hunger. I will continue to sip on that until it's gone if I get hungry this afternoon.

I have some supplements that I need to finish and my multivitamin. I have to check the supplements for IP and comparison shop so I can make sure I get all my daily requirements.
If it's okay I would like to keep coming back because I think this could work for me.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:03 PM   #2  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Are you using the Carb control powder?
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #3  
No more +sizes

No but there are only 3 carbs per serving. It's what I had initially. But does the rest of everything sound ok. My salad had romaine lettuce, iceberg and spinich lettuce, cucumbers, pickles and tomatoes on it. The ham was about 60 calories and I had a balsamic italian dressing. I forgot to bring my own so I used someone else's.

Last edited by jigglefree; 04-25-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:33 PM   #4  
joanne

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/155

careful with the kind of ham you eat and don;t forget to drink lots of water! good luck
jo2155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:36 PM   #5  
Started Alt. IP 4/25/11

S/C/G: 200.4/191.6/165

Thumbs up

Hi, I'm kind of doing the same thing until I have the money to do IP - toward the first of June. My meals today:

B: Shake, 1c Coffee
L: 3/4c ground turkey chili w/pinto beans, lettuce w/bacon ranch dressing fromn Walden Farms
S1: 2 pickles
D: chicken breast with either salad or green beans
S2: EAS Shake

Everyone says to have a shake before bed and snack on veggies for the afternoon snack if needed.

Tonight is FF Chicken noodles with chicken, FF Cream Chicken and Whole Wheat Noodles, but I will forgoe the noodles and use only a tiny bit of the soup.

Trying to get 3 liters of water in. I take 2 multi's a day, 1000mg calcium and started a Cal-Mag at the correct times for the diet, Potassium and 1 Dig Enzynme at the meals I am eating food.

I am craving a diet coke or cup of coffee right now. My green tea is at work and I'm at home today!!!

Maybe we can keep each other going!
sherbearjt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:27 PM   #6  
No more +sizes

64oz of water so far. I usually drink lots of water. I really appreciate the help. I will see how the night goes because I didn't plan dinner. Tomorrow will be better planned. Had to see how today would be. No headaches or naseau or anything. I'm excited because if I can do this for three days I can do it untilI get to goal...sixty pounds more to loose.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #7  
Started Alt. IP 4/25/11

How did your dinner go? I had chicken breast that had 98%FF Cream of Chicken soup on it, 2c of lettuce with WF dressing. Had my EAS shake around 7:30. Very hard not to cheat.

So far today:
B: 3 egg whites and 1 cup of strawberries
Green tea, hot to sip
Water

Lunch: EAS Shake and some lettuce with WF dressing.

Snacks: since I am work, pickles. I also brought carb master yogurt (has 4g Carbs and 8g protein)

Dinner: daughter has softball practice tonight, so may have a shake for dinner with lettuce and then a shake around 7:30. If no shake for dinner, may do a serving of the ground turkey chili I froze.

Are you exercising? I am confused on this top and may post a thread.

Sher
Old 04-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #8  
No more +sizes

it went well. I had chicken and collards.
Today went well also.
b - protein drink
l -50 grams of tuna, spinach, romaine and carrot salad w/lite italian dressing
s - protein shake
d - lots of collards and turkey/ tangerine

Sipped on my greaen tea and lemon juice. I haven't been too hungry so I guess I'll see how this thing I'm doing goes.

80 ounces of water.
I walked two miles on the treadmill during my lunch break. Not too fast but I'm used to working out so I had to do something today. I think it made me hungry before dinner so I had the protein drink. I think I like having a snack after dinner. Yesterday seemed a lot easier without the workout. I don't think it is wise to workout the first week or so because my body is adjusting to the lower calories. I will be taking it easy until I get in a groove on this thing. I was used to doing 1600-1800 and working out everyday. So I need to have a shift in my thinking. So I would say no to the working out or it will increase your need for fuel and you could end up going off the farm.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:05 PM   #9  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome to the IP diet!!
Have you guys read the "Ip Foods Alternative Ideas and Tips" Sticky thread?
You will find tons of great ideas right there for alternative products. I could not afford (or was not willing to) pay for the actual IP foods and I found a lot of help by reading that thread and other threads on this forum.

I am just completing week 7 using all alternate products and have lost 25 pound my weigh in tomorrow should show an additional loss.

Good luck to you!!
wekaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:25 AM   #10  
Started Alt. IP 4/25/11

Can you tell me what Alternative products you are using? My husband was willing to pay for this diet until I talked to a clinic last night and it was going to cost $110 a week.

I am currently using up come food I made for me and doing EAS Shakes 3x a day. I have Pure Protein bars that I have not used yet.

I made a list of places people are getting their alternative foods and he said he would pay for foods but I still feel like I need some advice from someone doing this!

Thanks, Sher
Old 04-27-2011, 10:15 AM   #11  
Started IP 20-Apr-2011

S/C/G: 169/162/130

Sher,
Have you looked into ordering Protidiet foods? I've ordered some for my husband to try as we're doing this together with him using alternatives. I also get a protein shake (whey based) from Costco that's 25 g protein, 3 g, carb and 100 cal per serving.
Chick76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglefree View Post
64oz of water so far. I usually drink lots of water. I really appreciate the help. I will see how the night goes because I didn't plan dinner. Tomorrow will be better planned. Had to see how today would be. No headaches or naseau or anything. I'm excited because if I can do this for three days I can do it untilI get to goal...sixty pounds more to loose.
Be sure to read through the alternative products threads. Lots of people have had great success with this protocol without using IP products. You may as well take advantage of all their wisdom & experience!
blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #13  
No more +sizes

I read through the threads and am feeling really good about using alternative products. I have the protein powder and I will be going grocery shopping tomorrow to make sure I have all the necessary foods so next week will be less trial and error and more planning.

I'm a little confused about how things work but I have been trying to make sure I'm as close to the plan as possible. I do the protein powder and water drink for breakfast, for lunch I do a salad and tuna or deli slices of turkey and ham, for dinner I will have collards and chicken or turkey and drink a protein and water drink for snack. Any suggestions?

I was doing EAS Protein Powder with Strawberries when I was strictly calorie counting. I just want to finish it off since it was a HUGE bag that I got at BJ's. I now shop at Costco and will see what they have. I also have a multi vitamin that is almost gone. I take a Collagen + Vitamin C supplement, biotin (my dermatologist told me I needed to take this) vitamin d, omega 3 fish oil and folic acid. So I'm thinking I need a calcium tablet. HELP me if somethings are missing.

Oh and where can I get a list of veggies for phase 1?

Last edited by jigglefree; 04-27-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:01 PM   #14  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I pdf is in the phase one thread, and may be posted on the first page of the daily thread..not sure there.

You also need Magnesium and Potassium supplements.
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #15  
No more +sizes

Thanks so much. I will pick up everything and be ready for a great weight loss week. It's been three days and I've been doing pretty well. I think having this week to kinda get all the info and understanding was good as well as eating almost everything like I should. I really think this is going to go well. I haven't had any real trouble with being hungry or headaches. I really appreciate all the info thanks everyone.