Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 01:44 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 230/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
Speaking of weird symptoms, has anyone else experienced insanely dry mouth/throats when you wake up in the morning? I have nasal problems and am somewhat of a mouth-breather at night, so I'm used to a little dryness, but never even close to this bad. This just started happening within the past couple weeks (I started week #5 on Sunday).
I have been experiencing this too... I contributed it to Ketosis or perhaps my sleeping environment... It almost feels as though I am getting sick but it goes away as soon as I have breakfast and brush my teeth
Old 04-19-2011, 01:46 PM   #62  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
just found this bmi site. Very cool:

http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm
Cool link! Thanks for sharing it. Some of those values are plain scary! When I have my lean body mass measured (multi-site calipers and bioimpedance) my lbm is 138 lbs. To be within the range of these tables I would have to lose 100 lbs including 30lbs of LBM for 20% body fat. Somehow I don't see that happening without taking off an appendage.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
Hi. I too am struggling. WI # 13 today and I got the big fat "0". My first week ever with no loss, I have never gained a pound since starting this diet. Not sure if this is the dreaded plateau that some talk about or the fact that I just finished TOM (but that never affected my losses before) I am also facing a summer off with lots of activity planned and lots of spontaneous stuff happens. I am toying with the idea of phasing off for the summer and start again in the fall. I could still eat healthy with good choices and hopefully the increased exercise/activity would prevent gaining. I just know that the weekends are sooo hard for me and I don't know if I have it in me to the summer months that way. I am kinda bored with the limited veggies that I can have. There are alot on phase I that I just can't stomach, so its broccoli, cauliflower, salad, cukes and peppers that eat over and over. Sigh. I also put on a pair pants yesterday that I haven't been able to wear in over a year and they fit great so I know the diet works, just feel like I need a break.
I feel your pain!! I am getting bored with eating the same food everyday. I don't have it in me to experiment in the kitchen. I am afraid of what is going to happen when I phase off, I am thinking of skipping phase 2 and going right to phase 3 in a few weeks. I wish I was one of the lucky ones that can eat whatever they want!! I just have to Suck it up...wishful thinking isn't going to get me anywhere. The plan works, just have to stick with it!!
Old 04-19-2011, 01:49 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
just found this bmi site. Very cool:

http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm
I'm all for the fill in the blanks method of figuring it out. I'm am not a math person! I am in awe of people who's brain works that way.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:50 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default 93

93 degrees today in southern OK. All Canadians are welcome to visit!
Old 04-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollmark View Post
I feel your pain!! I am getting bored with eating the same food everyday. I don't have it in me to experiment in the kitchen. I am afraid of what is going to happen when I phase off, I am thinking of skipping phase 2 and going right to phase 3 in a few weeks. I wish I was one of the lucky ones that can eat whatever they want!! I just have to Suck it up...wishful thinking isn't going to get me anywhere. The plan works, just have to stick with it!!
I was too afraid to experiment in the kitchen, and didn't want to even cook at first. This diet has forced me to get over that, for the sake of preventing for me what is happening to you: boredom. Don't be afraid to try new things, mix things up, and have fun in the kitchen!!

Also, my coach says you HAVE to be on Phase 2 for a minimum of 4 days before going to 3.

Best of luck!
Old 04-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #67  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowclover View Post
I'm not sure what is going on with me. Maybe I should contact my coach. It is all I can do to eat 2 packets a day. Just thinking about a 3rd makes me nauseous... I eat my veggies and dinner protein fine, but I just can't get that 3rd packet in and my weight has stalled today.

Does anyone else have a hard time with nausea related to the packets? Do I need to consider taking more enzymes? They just make me kind of nauseous...
hi snowclover! i've had very similar problems. for a long time i was not hungry at all and i just couldn't eat. i still struggle with this sometimes, but not as often. i spoke to my coach about it a couple of months ago and he said to try to get in 1 restricted every day. if you up your carbs just a little bit, you will be more hungry. i thought that was weird advice, but i tried it and it did work. eat a restricted every morning and you might notice a change in your appetite. good luck!

my NSV for this week: my weight loss has slowed quite a bit. i've been working on the same pound for the last 3 days - watching it come off 2 ounces at a time. so frustrating! however, this week i am wearing size 10 skinny jeans! i can't ever remember wearing size 10. when i was in high school at 145 lbs i was wearing a size 12. this is blowing my mind because is still see my hips and thighs as being huge. i still see my entire body as being huge! i wonder if i'll still feel this way when i am in an 8 or a 6? oh well, either way i am happy as can be about wearing a size 10 in jeans! oh, and being at my driver's license weight (which was always a big "I WISH!").
Old 04-19-2011, 02:33 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
hi snowclover! i've had very similar problems. for a long time i was not hungry at all and i just couldn't eat. i still struggle with this sometimes, but not as often. i spoke to my coach about it a couple of months ago and he said to try to get in 1 restricted every day. if you up your carbs just a little bit, you will be more hungry. i thought that was weird advice, but i tried it and it did work. eat a restricted every morning and you might notice a change in your appetite. good luck!

my NSV for this week: my weight loss has slowed quite a bit. i've been working on the same pound for the last 3 days - watching it come off 2 ounces at a time. so frustrating! however, this week i am wearing size 10 skinny jeans! i can't ever remember wearing size 10. when i was in high school at 145 lbs i was wearing a size 12. this is blowing my mind because is still see my hips and thighs as being huge. i still see my entire body as being huge! i wonder if i'll still feel this way when i am in an 8 or a 6? oh well, either way i am happy as can be about wearing a size 10 in jeans! oh, and being at my driver's license weight (which was always a big "I WISH!").
Big NSV for you with the size 10 skinny jeans!!! Oh my gosh, I am so happy for you!!! Have a love affair with your skinny jeans!

Haha about your driver's license weight! Don't we all fudge it just a bit? My sister looked at my DC license and said, "Oh my gosh, Emily, you only weigh 135?" So I had to admit it was an "I Wish" weight. She's 5'10" and gives me all her jeans and pants that she shrinks in the dryer since I'm 3 inches shorter and they usually fit. Lukcily now that I've moved to VA there is no weight listed on the license.

I noticed that the one day this week I had a restricted, it jump started my weight loss again. I had not lost anything for 2 days. So today I had a bar for breakfast in hopes that it will do the same thing. Also, I feel sort of afraid of the restricted bars so the day I had one, I walked my dog around the lake to try to work it off. I guess it worked? I will do the same thing today and see if it works for more than a 0.2lb loss tomorrow (which was what I had today). I don't care if it's raining, I am walking my dog on our lake path route. If there is lightening then I'll ride the stationary bike in my living room instead. I'd just rather be outside!
Old 04-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #69  
OneBadGRANDmotherRunner

S/C/G: 152/143/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Yes that was my "wheel of death" quote. I struggle with this wheel. I am taking steps to move away from BMI and meeting with a trainer this Thursday to evaluate my end goal weight. We are going to measure my body fat with a better impedance method other than the scales you step on. We are also going to measure it by using calipers and kind of average the results and set a goal that way. My original goal was 200 and I am at 214 right now. Not much pudge left to lose, but want to find a happy healthy weight based on body fat. If I am not happy with the results I may take it one step further and do a water immersion weight that will give the most accurate body fat measurement. Getting an accurate body fat% is really the only accurate way to decide your ideal weight and whether or not you have a large amount of muscle or bone mass. I would encourage you all to get an accurate body fat % to help really determine your ideal weight. But in the end, it will come down to what you can happily maintain in your everyday life. Once my fat is gone, I plan to gain some weight back in lean muscle to help me maintain and look better, that is why I am enlisting the help of a trainer to get me started.
Not sure why you refer to the BMI as the "wheel of death" but, oh, well!

Yes, the water immersion is absolutely the most accurate way to measure body fat vs. lean muscle. My husband did this at our local college. I'm a little freaked about blowing all of the air out of my lungs and then being submerged in a cage!

My IP clinic has a new machine that gave me my body fat and my lean muscle data and is supposed to be within .1% accuracy. I am now in the healthy range (finally) and I have a baseline for both reducing my body fat and increasing my lean muscle. In comparison, if I just did one of those on-line tests that only take my weight and height into consideration I might still be "overweight."

Anyway, just want to say--good job on moving forward with a trainer and focusing on gaining more lean muscle. It really isn't all about the number on the scale, is it?
Old 04-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #70  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
Way to go, Laura! I'm really happy for you! You are almost there...
Old 04-19-2011, 02:43 PM   #71  
OneBadGRANDmotherRunner

S/C/G: 152/143/120

Height: 5'

Hello All!

Down another pound this week--still heading in the right directions!

Better yet? Down 4.5 inches! Yippee! Haven't lost any inches in weeks and finally some more off of my hips/thighs too!

Another NSV - have been wearing "Life is Good" shirts (my fave brand) for many years--always a medium in order to fit over the hips (always plenty of room up top). Well, Saturday I bought a SMALL and it fits perfectly on top and perfectly on the bottom - just slid loosely over my hips! Hooray! Almost as good as taking jeans right out of the dryer and "slipping" them on!

Life IS Good!
Old 04-19-2011, 02:56 PM   #72  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonieRuns View Post
Not sure why you refer to the BMI as the "wheel of death" but, oh, well!

Yes, the water immersion is absolutely the most accurate way to measure body fat vs. lean muscle. My husband did this at our local college. I'm a little freaked about blowing all of the air out of my lungs and then being submerged in a cage!

My IP clinic has a new machine that gave me my body fat and my lean muscle data and is supposed to be within .1% accuracy. I am now in the healthy range (finally) and I have a baseline for both reducing my body fat and increasing my lean muscle. In comparison, if I just did one of those on-line tests that only take my weight and height into consideration I might still be "overweight."

Anyway, just want to say--good job on moving forward with a trainer and focusing on gaining more lean muscle. It really isn't all about the number on the scale, is it?
I refer to it as that since it is not applicable to all persons and body types. Many people rely too heavily on this number. I will not be able to attain a healthy BMI with my build and frame and muscle mass. I know this as do many others around me. It is not about a number on the scale but how you feel and look. I was a very lean 190# in HS at 7% body fat. I had to work very hard to stay at this weight. I am approaching this zone again and I want to maintain healthily and sainly (sp). Too much importance is placed on the BMI wheel chart my primary doctor pulls out all the time.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
I was too afraid to experiment in the kitchen, and didn't want to even cook at first. This diet has forced me to get over that, for the sake of preventing for me what is happening to you: boredom. Don't be afraid to try new things, mix things up, and have fun in the kitchen!!

Also, my coach says you HAVE to be on Phase 2 for a minimum of 4 days before going to 3.

Best of luck!
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll give phase 2 a go for 4 days!!
Old 04-19-2011, 03:04 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonieRuns View Post
Wow.... I never heard of the water immersion system of checking BMI. I can understand why it would be pretty accurate, but that would really freak me out too!!
Old 04-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
I refer to it as that since it is not applicable to all persons and body types. Many people rely too heavily on this number. I will not be able to attain a healthy BMI with my build and frame and muscle mass. I know this as do many others around me. It is not about a number on the scale but how you feel and look. I was a very lean 190# in HS at 7% body fat. I had to work very hard to stay at this weight. I am approaching this zone again and I want to maintain healthily and sainly (sp). Too much importance is placed on the BMI wheel chart my primary doctor pulls out all the time.
I would use that as the reason to get a new doctor! You need a healthcare professional who works with you, not against you. I didn't even know it came in a wheel. Find yourself a better doctor who will encourage you instead of comparing you to a benchmark that is not applicable to your specific body.
Closed Thread