Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by traeh1314 View Post
I have yet to find a WF that I like. My friend who quit the first day on the diet bought a ton of the dressings. So far they all gag me. I just don't like all that sweetner. Not sure about stalling out but I remember reading that your body can not tell the difference in artificial sweetner and sugar so the fake stuff is just as bad as far as cravings and such. Any else read something like that? Maybe quit them for a week a see if you can tell a difference.
I have tried the following and liked them:

- Ceasar (I add some minced garlic to it);
- Balsamic (I like it as is);
- Thousand Island (not a favorite but it's okay);
- Seafood sauce (a little thinner than regular but okay);
- Ketchup (not a favorite, but not too bad if mustard is used too)

I did not like:
- Alfredo sauce (tastes more like salad dressing than sauce to me)

My next purchase will probably include the Italian dressing...

I don't have a problem with artificial sweeteners (but I do have problems with lactose and fructose for sure and I suspect now maybe with gluten and/or sucrose)... sorry, may not be what you were looking for but that is my honest answer.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:57 AM   #17  
Started IP - 4/11/2011

S/C/G: 203/193/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWoww View Post
Good Morning everyone, I have my first weigh-in today and I am hoping for at least 2lbs!
I posed the question on the weekend chat so figured I would today...
Anyone have any weight stalls using the WF products? I am using them as I would a sweetner (no more than 3 servings a day) and I am not using additional sweetner. LMK and have an outstanding IP day
Good luck TWoww!!!! Can't wait to hear your results :-)
Old 04-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
I am working on something and need a little help...If you were going to rate where you go to weigh in...what would you say was the
1. best thing about the clinic...

2. something they should work on...

Thank you...
:east er2:
:east er3:
1) There's too many to just list one: SOOOO supportive and encouraging. My coach is always willing to help, and isn't afraid of saying "I don't know, but I'll find out." She's always available, too - I have her email address and phone number. Her husband is my doctor, so I feel safer on the diet. The whole staff is on the diet (or just finishing) and are just as excited about the weight loss, health, and energy they have. Also, my coach meets me Saturday mornings!! Since I can't go there any time during the week. Everyone's patient and nice. And recently, I left a box of food there and they called me to let me know, AND my coach met with me to give it to me.

2) No peanut butter soy puffs!! BUT they're ordering them. I can't really think of anything they need to work on.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Happy Monday everyone! It's the start of a new week, let's make it a great one!

I have my WI on my lunch hour today. I will keep you posted on my progress but I am expecting a good one (for me) today!

Happy Easter to you too JudoGirl!

1. Best thing about my clinic: Very knowledgeable coaches (for example, I was very impressed that she was able to provide advice related to IP and my thyroid medication) and I absoluely loved the information session prior to starting the program (with product tasting);

2. To work on: the IP business seems to have just taken off and they seem to be having trouble keeping up. My last appointment got cut short because my coach had to go out front to get my file (she forgot to bring it in the room with us) and got stuck processing orders and answering questions about the diet and I sort of felt cheated... They are also often out of the items that I want/need to purchase on the day that I go to purchase them (Multivitamins, ridges, etc.).
SusieB - what did your coach say about IP and your thyroid medicine? My coach just sort of pretends it's not a big deal. I'd really like to know how they affect each other. I have also switched to new medicine (Armour) since last year (the last time I did IP). Thanks for the info in advance!

JudoGirl -
1. Best thing about my clinic - my chirpractor, who runs it. He is very knowledgable about everything and really cares about my questions.
2. Worst - The lack of personal attention and lack of knowledge from the other staff who are supposedly "coaches" too but they are young and don't have ANY medical training. They have no idea. As far as being an IP dieter who paid for their coaching services, it is terrble. I get answers out of my chiropractor because I'm a patient who sees him 2x a week and I ask questions when he adjusts me.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:44 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Well, I was super happy to see a number in the 140's on my scale this morning! So happy about that - only one more '10' to get to the 130's, where I belong!

So, theyre forecasting snow tonight, again! Hopefully the last one & spring will be here to stay!! Gotta love Saskatchewan!

Have an awesome IP day everyone!!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #21  

Unhappy Blah...

Uggh... terrible weigh in this morning! Week 11 (end of second week in Phase 2) and I am up 2 lbs.! I'm trying not to obsess over it too much. I ran a 5k race Saturday morning, then had early Easter dinner with the husband's family. I tried to keep as close to IP as I could. I had a ton of salad, but there was only a lite balsamic vinegrette dressing (maybe used a tablespoon) and then the ham was the only protein available (which was probably a honey baked ham). I stayed away from all deserts. Then normal IP dinner and snack. Did Phase 1 on Sunday and will do Phase 1 again today. Just very disapointed, I was hoping to move to Phase 3 this week
Old 04-18-2011, 11:49 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Back from WI # 7... and I lost just over 3 lbs for a total of 21.75 pounds in 7 weeks.

I'm pretty darn happy, especially considering I realized that the Zyrtec I was taking for skin reaction since Friday morning has sugar in it.

My coach said that I look like I was outside gardening and got a little too much sun. That sure is better than the "What happened to your face!?!@?" comments I was getting on Friday.

My goal this week is to develop some interesting IP recipes, including 1) meatballs using the southwest cheese curls/cauliflower instead of rice or breadcrumbs, and 2) moo shu chicken with the crepe mix. I'll let everyone know how they turn out and post the recipes on the recipes thread if they are good...

Happy Monday everyone.
What? Zyrtec has sugar? I'm taking the generic one that I get a bottle of 350 for cheap. I wouldn't really worry about that, you need it for your skin reaction. Did it say that on the bottle? Wow I have to go home and check it out, but my allergies are so terrible that I go for allergy shots every week, so I still need to take it regardless. Can't be helped!

Congratulations on your WI! -3 lbs for a total of 21.75 pounds in 7 weeks is great! :y ay:
Old 04-18-2011, 11:50 AM   #23  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 206/167/150

Height: 5'8"

[IMG][/IMG]

Here is a picture of my husband and I from sub ball this past weekend. We had a great time and I think I look pretty good for 20 lbs. lost!
Alas I did have a glass of wine and some cheese. I tried my best to pick apart the dinner so it wasn't completely off protocol. I'm up a pound but am completely 100% back on the program. I had a hangover from the wine yesterday morning so it looks I won't make that mistake again. Totally not worth it!

Last edited by sp8275; 04-18-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:51 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

Talking back from reunion

Whoo HOO! I am back from our family reunion in Texas, I lost 2.5 lbs.!!! I was prepared, and it took every single ounce of will power I had, but I DID it!!! Just had to toot my own horn! Doin a happy dance here!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:51 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 262/254.5/170

Height: 5"7"

Smile First Day Today

This is my very first day on IP and I don't think I've ever gone to the bathroom 5 times in the morning at work. I just told my boss if she was looking for me and I was not at my desk that she could find me in the bathroom. Can't wait for my leek soup with asparagus/mushrooms and salad at lunch. I only had a shake for breakfast and am used to eating greek yogurt, berries and granola every morning. I also had only one cup of black coffee this a.m. (not the usual travel coffee mug full with added creamer) and am feeling a bit sleepy. I am sure that it will take a week or two to get used to this new way of eating but I am so ready. Jumping in with both feet......
Old 04-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I am working on something and need a little help...If you were going to rate where you go to weigh in...what would you say was the

Thank you...
:east er2:
:east er3:
1. Hmmm...a little hard to find a good answer. They did encourage me to fax in my food order so it could be ready for me when I got there. But that might be a number 2 answer also, as they did that to get me in and out the door faster! The discount I get is a positive.

2. They need to work on their communication skills. I asked the coach for her email, as it is a long distance call to call her office, and she wouldn't give me an email address. The clinic I go to is in my Dr's office. I have been going to this same Dr for probably 20 years. He gives a discount to some of his patients but the coach always makes me feel like I am trying to cheat the office when I pay. She always makes a point of telling me the full price and then saying something like - oh yeah, you don't pay that much. I also tried to tell the coach about this website, thinking she could pass it on to others and she just laughed and made a rude comment about it. If I didn't like my Dr so much and if I wasn't so grateful to him for suggesting this program and for providing it at a price I can afford, I would switch to all alternatives. I am definitely going to talk to my Dr the next time I have an appointment with him.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:59 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by traeh1314 View Post
I had a great IP weekend actually. This is day 11 and I have steadily dropped a pound or more each day since my last WI. So this week I am expecting a big drop. Also I found another IP food I like. The omelette. I ate one for lunch for the past three days. It is really good loaded with mushrooms and broccoli. I recommend it!
You have consistently lost a pound or more PER DAY?!? That is fantastic!! Great job!

Old 04-18-2011, 12:00 PM   #28  

Hello!

Started day one of IP today with my husband! Really excited and anxious to meet my goals. We have a HUGE event in July (his band is playing at Boonstock with Three Days Grace, A Perfect Circle, and more). I'm hoping to be close to my goal (30 lbs down) but we'll see what happens

I've been on other diet that put you into ketosis but I'm excited for this diet in particular because of the variety. My concern is exercise.... I LOVE exercising and I really don't want to stop. Has/does anyone here exercise? I was going pretty hard core (5 days a week of intense cardio for an hour with 2 days of weight training thrown in). I get that we are on vlc but would cutting off the cardio and keep the weight training affect my weight loss?

Thanks for your input!

... sorry I'm advance for any wacky spelling or words... I'm on an iPhone and that tends o happen a lot
Old 04-18-2011, 12:00 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp8275 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

Here is a picture of my husband and I from sub ball this past weekend. We had a great time and I think I look pretty good for 20 lbs. lost!
Alas I did have a glass of wine and some cheese. I tried my best to pick apart the dinner so it wasn't completely off protocol. I'm up a pound but am completely 100% back on the program. I had a hangover from the wine yesterday morning so it looks I won't make that mistake again. Totally not worth it!
Wow! You look great! Sorry about the hangover.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #30  
Restarting IP 2/14/2014

S/C/G: 279/264/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:

1. I like my coach, he's very encouraging and he did IP. I can go in without appointments. They usually have everything stocked. I don't ever feel rushed.

2. The "clinic's" hours are a little hard with my work schedule, I do get a lot more info from this site, but I think that's to be expected! It's not close to my house or work. My biggest wish is that I could buy packets individually, right now they only sell whole sealed boxes. I wish I could get a "variety pack".

Overall, it's a good experience!
Closed Thread