Old 04-17-2011, 04:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/208/160

Height: 5'6"

Red face Arrowhead Sparkling Water / Diet Coke Splenda

Hi all,

What are your thoughts on flavored Arrowhead Sparkling Water? It's 0/0/0 with no fake sugar.... just carbonated water with natural flavoring. I like to have a little bubble in my water. I don't drink it as my main source of water just a small bottle a day.

Also, I saw in the store they now make Diet Coke with Splenda. Thoughts?

Hope everyone is having a great IP weekend! I'm 3 days post a cheat day, still not back in Ketosis *sigh*

~Ashley
ashwyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201.8/180.8/140

Height: 5'6

Default I would ask your coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwyo View Post
Hi all,

What are your thoughts on flavored Arrowhead Sparkling Water? It's 0/0/0 with no fake sugar.... just carbonated water with natural flavoring. I like to have a little bubble in my water. I don't drink it as my main source of water just a small bottle a day.

Also, I saw in the store they now make Diet Coke with Splenda. Thoughts?

Hope everyone is having a great IP weekend! I'm 3 days post a cheat day, still not back in Ketosis *sigh*

~Ashley
I know we can have crystal light but they did say no diet sodas whatsoever, so to verify, I'd check with your coach to make sure on the sparkling water, but I haven't heard of anyone on IP drinking it.
GettingItOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

Something about the carbonated beverages being acidic and IP requires more of an alkaline state. I didn't believe it and drank the carbonated water with Splenda. 1/day. I didn't lose weight for 2 weeks while I drank it. In fact, I gained a pound! Nothing else changed so I knew it was that. I imagine it may not effect everyone, so up to you if you want to try it.
serendipityberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 231/204/190

Height: 6'

I checked crystal light and it contains aspertame. I found Hansens diet soda, no calories, fat, sodium, carbs, sugar or caffeine. It has splenda in it and it is delicious!!!
FLAMINGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMINGO View Post
I checked crystal light and it contains aspertame. I found Hansens diet soda, no calories, fat, sodium, carbs, sugar or caffeine. It has splenda in it and it is delicious!!!
Crystal Light does make certain flavours with splenda now. I've also heard that no soda is allowed due to the acidity-nothing to do with the sweetener used.

But if it's not affecting your weight loss then maybe it's not an issue?
Bretley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 231/204/190

Height: 6'

I googled, carbonation and how it might affect a low carb diet. All carbonation is, is carbon dioxide dissolved in water. Now I dont know if the person who wrote this was an expert or not, but they wrote that you would have to drink 2 gallons of carbonated beverage to bother the process of ketosis, unless of course whatever you are drinking is loaded with sugar or aspertame. The Hansens soda does have citric acid in it, and I had my coach check it out. He said it seemed fine in moderation of course, like anything else. I limit myself to one can a day. It really does give me something to look forward to. I like water, but all day every day gets boring, and I'm not a coffee or tea drinker.
FLAMINGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #7  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

I bumped the post that Carla (showgirlaz) posted a few months ago on the effects of soda on our body - it might help you make a decision. You can find it here.
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote