Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #91  
Awesome Member

S/C/G: 233/214/???

Height: 5 foot 4.75 inches

Thanks everyone. That's okay, I still have PLENTY to wrap my mind around without the restricted items.

My sheet says hot peppers are allowed... does anyone know if pablano peppers (or chile peppers in general) are okay for the IP diet? I want to make an appetizer style dish for an upcoming potluck and was thinking about stuffing these.

Here this will be helpful:

Poblano pepper
serving size 1/2 cup
15 cals
total carbs 3.5 g
no sugar reported

compared to

green bell pepper
serving size 1 large pepper
33 cals
total carbs 7.6
sugars 3.9 grams

Last edited by snowclover; 04-14-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowclover View Post
When do you get to have restricted foods? I'm only on day 6 so maybe soon, but my coach didn't let me take anything from the restricted list this week. I'm dreaming of muffins and bars!
My coach let me buy two during the first week and two during the second week. Since then, it's been up to me. I try not to have one every day but they sure help to keep me on track!

On Friday, I switch my lunch & supper and have the spaghetti bolognese for supper. Then I have a packet of ridges, a bar or a packet of soys puffs on Saturday and Sunday. It makes the weekend so special! I also have one or two more during the week (chili or a bar).

I also recently bought ProtiLife soup (chicken noodle), which I treat as restricted and alternate with my other packets for lunch.

...so I guess that pushes it to one almost every day... but not quite.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:26 PM   #93  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by traeh1314 View Post
Day 7 for me and first WI...Disappointed in my loss of #. Down 4-1/2pounds and 4-1/2", BMI down .5 and body fat down 1%. If those are accurate. I just have struggled so much and got a little teary this morning when I weighed at home. My scale seems to be close in sync to the center's. I think I may not be getting enough food. Last night I looked at the chicken and asparagus and just did not even want it. I forced myself to eat a chicken tender. I made kale chips and they were GOOD. I ate the whole sheet.

Today I will measure my vegetables and count my water more closely. I am also trying the omelette and some different drinks. Those soups were AWFUL. Maybe some variety will help. My "coach" is pitiful. She has not tried half of the darn products. How can you sell something when you don't know anything about it? My goal for next WI is 10#. I will NOT settle for less!
Hang in there... your body releases estrogen from fat stores as you lose weight and it will make you emotional. We've all been there. Sometimes I am thrilled with little things, sometimes I'm upset when I've done well but somehow mentally expected more.

I agree that you should commit to the program and try some different food. It does get better. And I'm sorry about your coach. Vent away...

In my opinion, 4.5 lbs is a great start and, if you stick with the program, you'll continue to have success. Keep in mind that it might not be as fast as you expect or desire, but it does work... if you reach your goal weight, you won't care how long it took you.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #94  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
When do you get to have restricted foods? I'm only on day 6 so maybe soon, but my coach didn't let me take anything from the restricted list this week. I'm dreaming of muffins and bars!
Every coach is differnet. I had to wait until the 4th WI. Some of the restricted products can cause cravings, so it's a good thing to wait until you've conquered the cravings from the beginning of the diet before you potentially add those back. You don't want to be cramming 3-4 IP bars in your mouth as a binge. That's one expensive binge... Be patient. It's for the best.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:36 PM   #95  
Altona32

Smile Im New Here

I have been reading this forum for approx a week and I find you all to be such an inspiration.
I am now on Day 8 of Ideal Protein. I had my first weigh in yesterday and I am down 7 lbs. I actually thought my first week was going to be higher, but my coach looked at me and said " its seven pounds you would not have lost otherwise.
I am very excited about this diet and have found it really easy so far.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #96  
Awesome Member

S/C/G: 233/214/???

Height: 5 foot 4.75 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altona32 View Post
I have been reading this forum for approx a week and I find you all to be such an inspiration.
I am now on Day 8 of Ideal Protein. I had my first weigh in yesterday and I am down 7 lbs. I actually thought my first week was going to be higher, but my coach looked at me and said " its seven pounds you would not have lost otherwise.
I am very excited about this diet and have found it really easy so far.
Yeah!!! Congratulations on kicking those 7 pounds to the curb! Could you imagine losing 7 lbs in 7 days before IP? You did awesome!!
Old 04-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 323/288/230

Height: 6' 2"

Made myself the big mac in a bowl for lunch - used re-hydrated onions, ground turkey and green leaf lettuce. Poured about equal amounts of WF thousand island and frenchs mustard on it and mixed it up.

Initial thoughts - was ok but didn't see what the big deal was. After finished with first bowl made a 2nd and couldn't get enough. Shamed to admit I ate 3 bowls of it lol. My coach has me on double the meat per day so I'm gonna have to figure out what to make of just veggies tonight since I used all my meat up already lol.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:47 PM   #98  
Started IP - 4/11/2011

S/C/G: 203/193/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmisan View Post
Different coaches say different things on this matter. My coach has insisted that I have 1 restriced item every day from the beginning. Some people actually lose less by eliminating the restricteds (and vice-versa it seems).

I think it's important to follow whatever your own coach has told you since each of us have different body types and metabolisms. Your coach should know what's best for you.
We were provided a "starter pack". So there were some restricted foods in there for us to try. Can only try one restricted a day but other than that have not heard we cannot eat them in Phase 1 or in the first few weeks.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:50 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 164.4/145.0/135

Height: 5'5"

Smile Hello Everyone!

I am on day 10 today, but have been reading posts on this forum for a couple of weeks. It really helped convince me to try IP. So far so good. I was fortunate enough to not have any bad side effects the first week and I really like most of the IP food. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the time and thought they put into these forums, it has helped me stay motivated and on track! I hope I can contribute as much as you all have.

P.S. - I lost 5 lbs and 8.5" at my first WI. I seem to have slowed down a bit now, but feel great and can't wait for summer to get here!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 05:03 PM   #100  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aacks View Post
Thank gosh for this forum!! Such a motivator!
Day 4 for me!!
Weird question, I assume its beacause of all of the water I'm drinking 100 ounces at least a day!
I AM FREEZING!!
I have always been a hot sleeper, and last night I had to add an extra blanket!!
Anyone else?
Thanks for all the inspiration guys!!
You're blood pressure is dropping.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:30 PM   #101  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aacks View Post
Thank gosh for this forum!! Such a motivator!
Day 4 for me!!
Weird question, I assume its beacause of all of the water I'm drinking 100 ounces at least a day!
I AM FREEZING!!
I have always been a hot sleeper, and last night I had to add an extra blanket!!
Anyone else?
Thanks for all the inspiration guys!!
me too, one of my co worker's said it is because I am dieting and I have no fat left... (not close have quite a bit left) but it was nice for her to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Sandra View Post
I also don't have any pants that are smaller than a size 16, and was worried about that today! thinking, soon I'll have to buy some more.

How long has it taken you to go from a tight 16 to now a loose 16? I know everyone is different, just curious.
It seems to be about a week, but I have so many different sizes of 16 like the plus 16s from Cotton Ginny, and then I tried my old wranglers and levis and they were both 16 and fit, the other night I tried on my third and last "normal" size 16 and they were a little tight, but going to wear them tomorrow anyway. I bought them in Disney world over 10 years ago and I think I might have worn them 5 times before I got too fat so I was excited when they past up over my thighs... they have bugs bunny on them and Taz (who is my fave)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
Losing 4.5 lbs. is awesome. You are setting yourself up for failure if you're expecting more that that a week. What are you going to do if you lose 1 lb. quit? Some of don't have a coach. I think you're in the middle of a major pity party. You need to look at the big picture. It's a good thing you're on this thread, some people will baby you, but some of us will tell you like it is.
Mary
Well Said Mary. I am excited for anything because like they said more than you had lost last week... etc. But welcome to the club and you will see the weight loss varies and be happy and some weeks you may have 2 and others 8... have a good day.

Quote:
Hi guys! Another day sixer here! I hope we all have AWESOME weigh ins tomorrow!

Congratulations to everyone for their loses and NSV's!!

I feel good today, after my cough drop debacle yesterday. I didn't even look at their sugar content. Nothing I can do about it now anyway.

Last night my husband and I got brave and ventured away from the 2 cups of raw vegetables or stir fry and he made me ground turkey stuffed bell peppers for dinner! The recipes still needs a little work, but I loved it! (My husband isn't on the program, he's teaching me how to cook.

Any tips for stuffed bell peppers? We had cucumbers and fresh jalapenos (which I was surprised to learn aren't hot at all) cooked in the turkey and stuffed them in green bell peppers. It was good, but mostly just tasted green. I want to pep it up!

Happy Thursday everyone!
try grating cauliflower (faux rice) and add that to the mixture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMM Girl View Post
Wow I cant believe Edmonton has more snow then Fort McMurray............ours was pretty much all melted we got a few inches the other night but we can see the grass again allready......

Had my first cheat in a long time the other night and omg I never realized how much I would suffer never again I hate the feeling I'm having the last few days I feel like the first week all over again.....I think I'm getting the flu too so that doesnt help...definatly was not worth the chips and candy I ate hopefully I learned my lesson!!
yes that is what I hear that the sugar kind of makes you sick and you NEVER want to cheat again.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
You're blood pressure is dropping.
as everyone says it varies by coach mine gave me some right away but I followed the sheet and it said not for two weeks, but my friend ate hers from day one.... both are losing.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:43 PM   #102  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Hi all! Back from WI#3, and down another 3 lbs. I was pretty happy with that! Now comes the tough part with the crawfish boil coming up this weekend.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #103  
Altona32

Smile Salmon Recipe

Ladies, i am having canned salmon for the first time tonight for supper.
I plan on mixing it with the wf mayo and a dash of wf thousand island dressing.
How do I eat this? Wrapped in lettuce or just like that?
I am hoping someone has a better idea for me.
btw, i think all your recipes are great !!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #104  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

WI #14 for me today. wow, i can't believe it's been 14 weeks. that seems so long! but it also seems so short! i've lost 54 lbs in 14 weeks and that is just plain amazing. next week i should be in the 170s. this is pretty huge for me as i have not been in the 170s for at least the last 10 years! i am very excited. right now i am at my driver's license weight, which is really funny to me because that was always my "fake thin" weight. honestly, it's insane that i only have about 30 lbs left to lose and it's only mid april! i should be done with phase 1 in june, which is so soon!!

anyhow, lots of NSVs for me these days. this plan makes me so happy!

good luck and congratulations to everyone! you are all so amazing!!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Went from being feeling not too great this morning to feeling horrible now Not sure if it's just a nasty cold or the flu, although my entire body aches so I'm thinking flu. Thankfully my husband is off today and has been bringing me my food in bed. I still have a decent appetite and for dinner, he made me chicken strips, coated with a bit of egg white and dipped in crispy cereal bits (the powder in the packet had been removed). With a little bit of wf ranch dressing, probably one of the best meals I've had since starting this, really enjoyed it. Took into consideration the egg and cereal so had less chicken than usual but was still nice and filling.

If I still feel like this is the morning, I'm going to put WI #8 off until Monday, however my husband will be picking up my food for me. It hurts to even look at the screen so have a good night everyone.
Closed Thread