Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 08:39 AM   #1  

Default IP Community Weekend Chat Sat 11/1-Sun 11/2/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 11-01-2014, 08:43 AM   #2  

oops! I completely forgot to start a daily yesterday. Looks like there was plenty of room to make it a 2-day "daily"!

I rarely forget. I had PT yesterday morning and I guess it threw me off my schedule (which is usually wake up, roll over, grab the iPad or iPhone and start the daily)

Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween. Doesn't it feel good to do it without all that sugar and bloating?
Old 11-01-2014, 09:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

I'm proud of myself because I did not eat a single piece of candy (and didn't even want to!), I skipped pizza at the school party AND before trick or treat party. Up 2 lbs this morning but it's my TOM so okay.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:12 AM   #4  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
oops! I completely forgot to start a daily yesterday.
I think most of us are just thankful ur OK!! I know I was worried....glad all is well!!

Halloween came and went without a hitch!! Bring on the NEXT Holiday!!

And bonus....down 2 lbs this week!! I can almost see the 180's!!!

Happy weekend all!!!
Old 11-01-2014, 10:17 AM   #5  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi Lisa & Shasta and Fellow Iper's:

YES, feels spectacular not to feel bloated from eating Halloween candy. It's tough having that stuff in plain old sight so I pretty much ignored it all day and I don't get any Trick or Treaters so no need to keep any candy in the house (or else I would be the one eating the entire bag).

Kudos to you Shasta for skipping the school pizza party and Halloween party afterwards.. That takes willpower and you've obviously got that.

Today was my first weigh in since my reboot and I'm down -2.6lbs. Woke up to TOM and figured that would show on the scale. I secretly weighed myself mid-week but with Lisa's encouragement, totally going to do away with my scale and just stick to IP's. No need to check if I know I'm sticking to the plan (we know it works).

Yesterday was insanely nuts around work and I didn't have a chance to eat lunch until 5pm. So, my coach thought that perhaps my body is holding on to weight, as well. But, eventually, I did get lunch in along with my dinner. But, I really need to arm myself with ready-to-go food at work so that I don't get into a bind. That and I need to pre-cut unlimited veggies and stash them at work, as well. Live & learn.

I'm still proud to have gotten back on program. A wave of relief has passed over me b/c I'm not feeling at my healthiest and need to control my eating habits BEFORE the holidays begin. Luckily, I survived Halloween and now T-Giving is next. That's always the tough one for me from Thanksgiving - New Years so, this is a smart time to get back at it.

Thanks for everyone on this forum and thanks, as always to Lisa, for always getting us back in the groove. Hope PT served you well, yesterday.

Cheers All and talk soon!
Old 11-01-2014, 10:28 AM   #6  
Taking it day by day!

Disgal - SO True, phew! Definitely happy that Lisa is OK. It sure is strange not to have had a thread but I had a strangely busy schedule too, so I never got to review the posts yesterday evening and I was up way too early for the thread to have even started.. So it goes..

Congrats to you too for making it through Halloween!

Agreed, bring on the next day as Halloween 2014 is now history.

Down 2lbs and so close to the 180's - YEAY FOR YOU DISGAL!!!!
Old 11-01-2014, 10:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Good morning everyone!!!

I am with you all and happy that Hallowee is done!

Shasta - great job for skipping the pizza that is tough to resist

Disgal - 2 lbs down is awesome. Congrats!

KareVT - great WI! Off to a good start on your reboot and it does feel good to have skipped the Halloween candy this year.

I have my 7 year old's last football game of the season today. Not much else planned this weekend (I am happy about this!).

Have a great day!!!!
Old 11-01-2014, 10:30 AM   #8  

Yay! I survived Halloween!! I'm just starting week 3 of a reboot. I went clothes shopping yesterday and saw so many cute outfits that I want to fit into that staying OP was more important than eating off plan.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:40 AM   #9  
Taking it day by day!

Hi Sally! - Congrats to you too for staying away from the candy bowl. Have fun at your son's last football game of the season. Hope it's a good one. And, be sure to arm yourself with snacks, just in case the munchies overcome you.. Never know when they decide to come atcha. Thanks for the congrats on the 2.6. I am happy about that, regardless of the number, I'm going in the right direction on the scale. Hope all is well on your end. Enjoy some R&R!

Hi 2muchfun - glad to hear that your reboot is going swimmingly well. I too can't wait to shop til I drop. I am so bored of my clothes but not yet ready to go shopping so browsing it is.. Although, I love to shop in my own closet so can't wait until I'm able to slip on the size 10's again. Have a nice day!
Old 11-01-2014, 10:40 AM   #10  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
oops! I completely forgot to start a daily yesterday. Looks like there was plenty of room to make it a 2-day "daily"!

I rarely forget. I had PT yesterday morning and I guess it threw me off my schedule (which is usually wake up, roll over, grab the iPad or iPhone and start the daily)

Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween. Doesn't it feel good to do it without all that sugar and bloating?
I'm so glad it was just that you forgot and not something else. Was a bit worried. I even did a, "YouHoo..Lisa where are you?"..but you didn't answer..lol

Andi

Old 11-01-2014, 11:03 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Halloween success! Had a house full of preteen girls, pizza, cookies and lots of candy and didn't have one slip up. In fact, not really even an urge (although the pizza smelled *really* good). Proud of myself for staying on plan.

Missed my daily WI this morning to make breakfast for the same gaggle of girls so I'm hopeful to see a drop tomorrow.

Also, as an update I called my works EAP and talked to a counselor about the emotions I had cropping up due my weight loss. The counselor I talked to had lot 80lbs on IP. Do you believe in fate? He could totally relate to the diet and found me a local counselor who I have an appnt with in a couple weeks. I am going to meet her but frankly feel so much better after talking to him, you guys and my DH. But I want to deal with my food issues for my own sanity....and to get a handle on my weight FOR GOOD.

Chilling morning here today and glad to fit into a cute outfit that I'd only previously squeezed into. Life is good!
Old 11-01-2014, 11:19 AM   #12  
Taking it day by day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Halloween success! ...Also, as an update I called my works EAP and talked to a counselor about the emotions I had cropping up due my weight loss. The counselor I talked to had lot 80lbs on IP. Do you believe in fate? Life is good!
Hi CenTXChk - BRAVO for all of your wonderful fetes this week! You are courageous and totally awesome for taking care of #1. 1st NSV - congrats for not being tempted by Halloween goodies - yeay! #2 NSV - and most important, good for you for calling upon EAP (that's what it's there for) and that is FATE - amazing how you were connected to a counselor who has been on the plan and who could refer you to someone local to speak to. That's terrific!!!! I'm so happy for you. I think everyone should go see someone, we all have issues and it's hard to work on them day in and out so sometimes it's best to seek outside help as it's completely unbiased and it helps us evolve into stronger beings.. Proud of you! Kudos
Old 11-01-2014, 12:24 PM   #13  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Glad to see you're ok, Lisa.

Morning All, hope everyone has a great weekend planned (even if it's just Halloween recovery!) and those with kids will be working off all that hyperactivity from the candy they ingested.

Nothing new here, but pleased so many of us resisted the sweet season treats going around. Stay strong.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:43 PM   #14  
Fat melting NINJA:)

S/C/G: 141/130/115

Height: 5.2

Happy to report that I had an "incident free" Halloween as well!!*High fives the group!!* SO, thank you all for inspiring me to stay on track!!And Kudos to you all as well for showing candy who's the boss!!!)
I have friends coming over for dinner tonight though!! I hope to behave!! Wish me luck!!!
And Thank you SO much for such detailed answers to my questionsLiana!! I really appreciate it!!
My POA today
B-Vanilla kale shake
S-chocolate RTD (love this n drink everyday!)
L-1egg and 3 egg white omelet with 1 bell pepper(Might get carton of egg white from Trader Joes to avoid wasting yolks!)
D- Ground meat and broccolli, mushroom!!!
Happy Weekend y'all!!
"May the Lean Fairy Godmother be on your side!!"
PS: Thank you for taking out time do do this Lisa!!These daily threads are the best!!!

Last edited by Aria05; 11-01-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:18 PM   #15  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Im very proud of all of us for not being tempted with Halloween.
Being able to go to my friends house with 4 other families and everyone is eating snack food and candy and to not even be tempted or worried about what is there, makes me very secure when I go into maintenance.

Lisa glad you are okay.....ty for starting the thread daily. We all appreciate you
Closed Thread