Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 02:54 PM   #76  
Started IP - 4/11/2011

S/C/G: 203/193/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowclover View Post
I have a question. Has anybody ever felt like their Doctor (My coach is also my OB) set their weight goal too low? I can't remember ever weighing less than 170 in my life... (I'm 5 feet 4.75 inches, would you just say 5'5'?) and she wants me to get to 135! It seems impossible... I don't even know.... Did anyone else feel like that in the beginning?
Hi snowclover,

I started IP on Monday and weighed 203 lbs on Saturday for my start weight. I am 5'4" and can't imagine myself at 135! When I was in middle school I was 150 lbs. So I set my goal weight at 150 lbs. Not sure if that is going to work or be healthy for me but I figure, as I progress I will stop when I feel I look healthy and slender for my body type. Plus I have my roommate doing this with me and we both have promised each other that if the other starts looking skeletal we will have an intervention :-)

Good luck on IP and I look forward to sharing successes!
Old 04-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabearone View Post
Hi all! Hope everyone has a wonderful day today!

I feel like I am ready for my trip. Leaving tonight and coming back Sunday. I cut up cauliflower, cucumbers, bell peppers and celery and packed my WF ranch. Also 2 bags of lettuce and my oil and vinegar. Of course my sea salt and vitamins. Have my drinkboxes and packs of food ready. Family reunion, here I come! Did I forget anything? (I really fell like I should take my scale! lol)
Good luck at the reunion! Sounds like you've gotten everything packed and ready! I hope you have a ball!
Old 04-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbelle View Post
just got back from my weigh in. i lost 5.4lbs which puts me at my 100lb loss.

i am beyond excited. i came to work and told everyone i knew. even told people that had no clue i was on a diet. but i am just so excited. hope everyone else is having a wonderful IP day.

keep up the good work.
Great job! What an inspiration!
Old 04-13-2011, 03:20 PM   #79  
Started IP 4/7/11

S/C/G: 280/253/185

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
I have a question. Has anybody ever felt like their Doctor (My coach is also my OB) set their weight goal too low? I can't remember ever weighing less than 170 in my life... (I'm 5 feet 4.75 inches, would you just say 5'5'?) and she wants me to get to 135! It seems impossible... I don't even know.... Did anyone else feel like that in the beginning?
I have never understood how doctors think they can look at a silly chart and tell you what you should weigh! I am very tall and a size 18 in clothes, but if I lose the 100 a doctor told me to, then I think I would be too thin. I am going to go off of the way I feel and if I am healthy. That is the advice I would give you. Get to YOUR happy weight.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post
Good luck at the reunion! Sounds like you've gotten everything packed and ready! I hope you have a ball!
Thank you!!! Stay tough, NannyOgg, we're in this together!!
Old 04-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #81  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
I have had a NSV as well in the last few weeks my wife and I have found out that we are having another child. We have been trying for 2 years now and finnally it has happened. The new addition should be here around November 5, 2011.
: )
Old 04-13-2011, 04:21 PM   #82  

S/C/G: Goal 130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Well I'm 5'8 and my Doc said a healthy weight range for that height is 130-150lbs...

For your height that number makes sense but I'm sure she/he is going by a standard weight chart and those do not take into consideration muscle mass...

Last edited by kimonomi; 04-13-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:32 PM   #83  
Awesome Member

S/C/G: 233/214/???

Height: 5 foot 4.75 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
Not everyone has bad breath when in ketosis. Other indicators (from what I've read) are increased energy, not feeling hungry, increased thirst, a funny taste in your mouth and sometimes people say their pee/sweat smell different.

Good luck!
ooooh okay! I keep doing the hah hah *check breath thing* and haven't noticed any bad breath yet, but a lot of the other indicators you've mentioned I've noticed! More energy, super thirsy, funny taste... I haven't sniffed my armpits yet today though...

As far as my Doctor "assigning" me to 135... I'll just stop when I'm happy and healthy. I have no idea where that will be. I've been overweight since childhood and obese since adolescence so who knows? The number on the scale doesn't really matter to me. I just want to feel healthy and confident, that's what matters!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #84  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Amazing job!!! So proud of you and happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Good Morning all you IP Champions. I had my WI#20 yesterday night and I lost a total of -6.4 lbs for a total weight loss of -94.2 lbs and have lost a total of -62 inches.

I have had a NSV as well in the last few weeks my wife and I have found out that we are having another child. We have been trying for 2 years now and finnally it has happened. The new addition should be here around November 5, 2011.
How exciting on the new addition AND the awesome weight loss! Congratulations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieA View Post
cajunladybug22...it might, you know those little crawfish soak up all those yummy seasonings...I would think if you drink lots of water that would help with the sodium.

BTW...I grew up in Gretna, LA and I miss those yummy crawfish, shrimp and crabs or just a good ol fashioned crawfish boil...my uncle still goes down once a year and brings back some shrimp but just not the same as being there.
Thanks for the response. I don't want to overdo it, but boiled crawfish is my favorite food ever. And I'm originally from Bunkie, LA. Good to see some other Cajuns on the board!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:26 PM   #85  
I have HOPE!

S/C/G: 290/254.5/170

Height: 5'8

Hi All
WI#4 today and I'm down another 3.6 lbs! Yay!! Total of 22!! wahoo

I had a dream last night that my mom told me I was just dreaming and I actually hadn't been losing but gaining the weight and that I actually weight 414lbs. So strange. I woke up and was mad at my mom. hahaha.

NSV - I'm in an XL at Old Navy for their tops instead of an XXL!!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #86  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 206/167/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddleduck View Post
Congratulations!! I would say I'd hunt you down to see how awesome you look, but try as I might, DF refuses to go to the Sub Ball. Little does he realize that once I reach my goal, we WILL be going next year [unless he gets capped and we go to the "Khaki" Ball in the fall -- fingers crossed]. There's no WAY I'm letting our hard work go to waste without showing it off, ha ha! Have a great time and be sure to post photos for us to see
You will definitely have to go once you hit goal! I didn't want to go this year but changed my mind last minute after I dropped 20 lbs. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you about Khaki ball...we're hoping for the same. I'll post photos when I get back
Old 04-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #87  
Awesome Member

S/C/G: 233/214/???

Height: 5 foot 4.75 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugadiva View Post
Hi All
WI#4 today and I'm down another 3.6 lbs! Yay!! Total of 22!! wahoo

I had a dream last night that my mom told me I was just dreaming and I actually hadn't been losing but gaining the weight and that I actually weight 414lbs. So strange. I woke up and was mad at my mom. hahaha.

NSV - I'm in an XL at Old Navy for their tops instead of an XXL!!
Congratulations on both victories!!! You're doing so awesome!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Weigh 12 today and not much to report. Lost 0.2. Did lose inches so my body is still working it. Will be phasing off probably in 2-3 weeks no matter what my goal is!! I am pretty happy with how I look and the shopping is way better on the "other" side. I'd I lose more then it's a bonus. I feel like my body is settling in to where it wants to be.

For all the newbies I am a slow loser but still losing!! This program works if you can get through the first week or two. Trust the program and it WILL work. You are worth it!! If not for this forum I would have quit. It is so uplifting to know other people are going through the same ordeals.

My husband has lost over 50lbs and my daughter 15lbs. I am truly excited for our time at the beach this summer. I may not be a hard body but I am confident in this body now. I did this!!!

May all your weigh in be good ones!!!

Christine
Old 04-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #89  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeliever View Post
Congratulations to everyone and your weight loss. I love coming on here and seeing all the progress. I have lost 14 lbs. in 4 weeks. Not a lot but better than nothing. But, NO ONE has noticed! Guess I have to lose a lot more before it's being noticed. I can't believe I have not cheated once in 4 weeks. The test will be :going on vacation next week and with Easter coming....I KNOW I can do it. Happy Wednesday to all. Have a great one!!!
I know how you feel. It took 20 lbs for me before anyone noticed and then it was just one person. It was more like 30-35 lbs and I only had 45 to lose. The people that see you everyday have the hardest time noticing! Keep going, you are doing great!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:52 PM   #90  
Ray

S/C/G: 170.6/170.6/135

Height: 5 ft

Quote:

i am beyond excited. i came to work and told everyone i knew. even told people that had no clue i was on a diet. but i am just so excited. hope everyone else is having a wonderful IP day.

keep up the good work.
GOOD FOR YOU! THATS SOOO AWESOME.
Closed Thread