Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Some replies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Good morning everyone, I woke at 445 without the alarm and was wide awake, am now at work to begin another day OP... Hope everyone is having a successful week and have a great day.
I think I know how you feel. My daughter is sick and woke up twice last night, the toilet woke me up once (the pump or pipes or something scream - my husband's DIY plumbing job!), my son woke up from a bad dream and climbed into bed with us (eventually kicking my husband out of bed), and then I somehow woke up on my own before my alarm went off. I was so cranky before leaving the house. Somehow though, I am okay now. I have a feeling that I will be very tired by the time I get home again tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondre View Post
Morning all - had my WI last night and only lost .8 lbs. Not frustrated though as somehow I gained over 2lbs in muscle and lost 4" off my stomach and an inch off my waist - so I guess it was NSV day for me.

Weighed in this morning at home and was down 3 lbs. from yesterday too lol - oh well - hopefully this will be a big week for me.

crystalchuckgracie - a lot of people may attest that you're not missing much w/ the WF dressings. I've used mine once in the last 3 weeks opting to use mustard instead (but I love mustard so that works for me). The oil/vinegar route is good with spices - just be sure to measure properly so you don't overdo the oil and stall your weight loss - congrats on getting past the hardest part!!!
4" is great (and so is the 2 lbs of muscle) - wow! Hang in there! I wish my coach would measure weekly instead of monthly. I would be curious to see if my last WI was low because I was losing more inches - I've read on here that it happens to some people to have lower WIs when they are losing inches. Wishful thinking (because I know it's really the price of my cheating on Saturday...)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Happy Tuesdsay to All! Hope everyone has a great day!
Same to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjslilmommie View Post
I had my WI#2 yesterday and was extremely happy down another 5lbs and another 5 inches, I am very happy, this was a great week. She had some sample dressing to try so I am going to give it a shot and see how they taste.
Way to go!
Let us know what you think of the dressings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post
Hey guys. Maybe it's the crummy weather, but I have been feeling down yesterday and today. I feel so discouraged because I can't actually see any progress because the scale won't weigh me. The one my coach has flashed a number before saying error, so I am assuming that's it. But I don't even have a guess as to what it was to begin with! I know that weight can fluctuate during the week, but I can't even see that! The hubs took my measurements this week so we can keep track at home that way until I am down enough to be weighed. I figured if I even just show a half an inch loss that it something. He says he can tell I am losing when he hugs me. But I want to be able to tell! The irrational part of my mind is thinking that I am doing this all for nothing because I can't see any progress yet.

I'm trying to stay positive by reading the forum and about everyone's successes. Has there been anyone with close to this much to lose on here?
Awww... I am sorry that you are feeling down.

You said that you were feeling better and more energetic, so that is probably a good start and a good indicator that the plan is working. I think it's a great idea to do your own measurements (if your coach isn't doing them) to quantify your loss - I fully understand that need. Think of how great it will feel to finally register on that scale! I just can't wait for you to come on here and announce that to us! I am cheering for ya'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
Down another 4.6 today!
That's a total of 38 in 11 weeks! Who would have thought?
Time to post it on the spring bikini challenge.
Have an awesome day everyone.
Mary
Way to go! Amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keair View Post
Good morning! Had my 2nd WI last night and down 4 lbs and a total of 6 in. Off everywhere! Hope everyone has a successfull week and continues on the right track!
That is really great! Keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24boys View Post
Hi All,
Day 11 and I feel really good today. Talked to my doctor about the palpitations. Said to take another magnesium every day (I was only taking one). Thank you all for your feedback and encouragement. This forum has become and awesome support system!
Interesting about the magnesium... glad you are feeling good and that your doctor is not worried about the palpitations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I have read that your body starts ketosis 48 hours after eating carbs... I think it would take another day or two to see any weight loss.
Thank you so much for your reply. That makes sense. I guess I just have to hang in there and wait patiently for things to start up again... I can be so impatient sometimes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissbutterflyz View Post
Hola!!

Busy!Busy!Busy! I have decided to go back to work early from mat leave and have been trying to get everything organized and in order for my little squishy! Ugh....I hope I am making the right decision

The diet is going great ~ tried the butterscotch pudding yesterday, it was very yummy!! A definite keeper

A sprinkling of to all to stay OP

Can't wait until WI# 2 on Friday!!

Have a fantastic Tuesday fellow IPers
Good luck going back to work. I had to leave mat leave early with both of my kids. Leaving your baby for the first time after having them is so hard... It will be okay though and it will get better.

Thank you for the dust! I need that some days more than others!

Have a great day too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vballmom View Post
Hey fellow IP dieters! Just had my first WI today....6 pounds! Does anyone have any recipes they would like to share?

Thanks! <3
Excellent! Great job!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-12-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:03 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Hey guys. Maybe it's the crummy weather, but I have been feeling down yesterday and today. I feel so discouraged because I can't actually see any progress because the scale won't weigh me. The one my coach has flashed a number before saying error, so I am assuming that's it. But I don't even have a guess as to what it was to begin with! I know that weight can fluctuate during the week, but I can't even see that! The hubs took my measurements this week so we can keep track at home that way until I am down enough to be weighed. I figured if I even just show a half an inch loss that it something. He says he can tell I am losing when he hugs me. But I want to be able to tell! The irrational part of my mind is thinking that I am doing this all for nothing because I can't see any progress yet.

I'm trying to stay positive by reading the forum and about everyone's successes. Has there been anyone with close to this much to lose on here?
I just wanted to let you know that you are an inspiration to me. You could have easily given up before starting, before stepping on that scale and getting an error message. You could have thought, there's no hope, why try? But you didn't. I think that's amazing!

It's going to take a while to notice a difference, but I PROMISE that just because the mirror doesn't show anything to you right now, your body is noticing it. Your heart isn't working as hard as it was last week. Your pancreas is taking a much-needed rest and is thanking you for it. Your kidneys are taking a bit of a break as you're replenishing your missing electrolytes and flushing your system with plenty of water.

Those are just a few things, I'm sure, that your body is noticing.

You WILL see a difference, you'll feel a difference, and the scale will show you your true weight eventually - and soon!

I have faith in you!!
Old 04-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #33  
Started IP 4/7/11

S/C/G: 280/253/185

Height: 5'11"

Thanks to everyone for the encouraging words yesterday! This is day 5 and I feel much better but my stomach is still growling. I'm ignoring it and accepting that as a good thing. I tried faux mashed potatoes last night with cauliflower and it was good except for adding too much garlic. My husband and kids turned their noses up but I ate some anyway. It was a little potent. LOL. My scale says I'm down 5# so I am motivated to stick with it.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:16 PM   #34  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Good morning everyone!! Today has been good so far for me, just getting ready for my job transition and getting excited!

Hoping for a good weight loss on Thursday, and looking forward to boiled crawfish this weekend!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 12:16 PM   #35  
ready to lose it!

S/C/G: 247/231/180

Height: 5' 9"

Yea! Stay positive!!
Old 04-12-2011, 12:19 PM   #36  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Last night I decided to go jogging to help work off some of my cheat weekend. I was amazed at how easy it was to jog a mile for me now. I jogged one mile a at good pace and then walked another half mile to cool down. I had my 5 year old riding her bike next to me for company. She wants to go do it again. I felt great and not tired or wiped out. I will do it again tonight if time permits.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:20 PM   #37  

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning all - & best wishes for a great, OP day!

I'm beginning to think I may be one of those people who needs to hide her scale! Since my WI last Thursday, I've gained a bit according to my scale and it's very discouraging. I have never cheated and it's not TOM. Anyway, it's helped reading many posts here about not losing consistently. I have to keep the faith that my average will end up being around 3lbs a week...not necessarily 3lbs every week.

Reading these threads every day keeps me from getting down and drives me to keep on going. Very inspirational - Thanks
Old 04-12-2011, 12:20 PM   #38  
ready to lose it!

S/C/G: 247/231/180

Height: 5' 9"

Hey fellow IP'er... Does anyone know how much water you add to the chili?? The darn packet is blank on the back...ugh...and I'm really craving some chili. ;-)
Old 04-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aacks View Post
Happy Tuesday! Its another day! Only day 2 for me, but I'm motivated. So nice to know there are som many of you doing the same thing!! Keep up the good work!

Happy Tuesday to you as well Aachs! It is my day "2" also and I am doing pretty well. Just trying to keep my mind occupied at work so I don't think about the "F" word. Just had the IP Chicken soup for lunch and it was ok. A bit salty for me and I am a salt freak! Have a great rest of your day!
Old 04-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Hey fellow IP'er... Does anyone know how much water you add to the chili?? The darn packet is blank on the back...ugh...and I'm really craving some chili. ;-)
5 to 6 oz
Old 04-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Hello All,

Second day back on program and down 2 lbs. from yesterday to today - I expect the weight that came on quickly over the weekend will go away quickly and I'll get back to where I was by this Friday. I hope.

But for the next two weeks I'll be facing my first challenge - I'm shooting my first show (Law and Order LA) since being on program and I'm a little afraid. Usually when I'm working, when they're emotional scenes and the day is long - and this is going to be both - I have to have little carb snacks and hits of diet coke to keep my energy up. All that food is right near the cameras and I don't have a place to keep snacks on me. I'm at the whim of the director and it can be very tough to regulate my energy (because I'm a diabetic) even when I'm eating whatever I want.
I guess the worst case scenario is that I'll just keep protein bars at hand - a day with several restricteds is probably better than a day of crap carbs and I'll just pray that the Diet Coke doesn't set me back too much. I'm very glad for the work, but very frightened of how to handle it on program.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:43 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Quote:

This actually for Rondre and Nannyogg, I find that on this program, I get smaller faster than actually losing weight. One of the older forum members posted this months ago - that 200 lbs on IP is smaller than 200 lbs. on Weight Watchers - that for some people you lose inches more than actual weight. That is definitely true for me. I also don't see any difference in myself in the mirror - I look the same to me, however, I find that my clothes just get baggier and baggier. I put on a blouse that I've only ever dreamed of getting into - and it was like a tent. I was shocked! You may not see the difference or see it on the scale - but trust me, and everyone else here, it's happening.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:46 PM   #43  
Awesome Member

S/C/G: 233/214/???

Height: 5 foot 4.75 inches

I have a question ladies (and gents?). How do you know when you're in ketosis? I am on day four. I haven't cheated at all, though I think my husband used a little bit too much oil when he cooked my chicken and vegetables. (My fault, I should have told him). I've been a little low on my water, but other than that I've followed the diet very closely. Is there some way that I'd know my body was in ketosis? I'm so nervous that I'm not doing the diet right... I'm not sure why. I eat 3 packets a day. 2 cups of vegetables at lunch, usually raw. And 2 cups vegetables at dinner. Usually cooked with 5 oz of chopped chicken. And nearly 2 liters of water a day. And my vitamins. I'm just nervous I'm not doing it right... not sure why...
Old 04-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #44  

S/C/G: Goal 130

Height: 5'8

I believe it takes 3-7 days to go into ketosis. Your appetite is low, high energy and (unfortunately) a bad taste in your mouth or bad breath.

It took me about 4 days to lock into these symptoms and since then it's been smooth sailing. No crazy cravings.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:24 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
5-6 oz for chili & spaghetti
Microwave for 2-3 minutes (if you do it at full power though, it makes a mess... )

(You can find the instruction sheet for most IP products in the IP - FAQ sticky).
Closed Thread