Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 10:40 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjslilmommie View Post
I had my WI#2 yesterday and was extremely happy down another 5lbs and another 5 inches, I am very happy, this was a great week. She had some sample dressing to try so I am going to give it a shot and see how they taste.
That is AWESOME! 5 pounds AND 5 inches?? Woo hoo!!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:43 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post
Hey guys. Maybe it's the crummy weather, but I have been feeling down yesterday and today. I feel so discouraged because I can't actually see any progress because the scale won't weigh me. The one my coach has flashed a number before saying error, so I am assuming that's it. But I don't even have a guess as to what it was to begin with! I know that weight can fluctuate during the week, but I can't even see that! The hubs took my measurements this week so we can keep track at home that way until I am down enough to be weighed. I figured if I even just show a half an inch loss that it something. He says he can tell I am losing when he hugs me. But I want to be able to tell! The irrational part of my mind is thinking that I am doing this all for nothing because I can't see any progress yet.

I'm trying to stay positive by reading the forum and about everyone's successes. Has there been anyone with close to this much to lose on here?
i am so sorry you feel this way. i think if you are sticking to it, you WILL lose! i know it must be frustrating not being able to see the scale, but just think, it will be so worth it! if he can tell, then that is wonderful. i will be praying for you.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hey guys. Maybe it's the crummy weather, but I have been feeling down yesterday and today. I feel so discouraged because I can't actually see any progress because the scale won't weigh me. The one my coach has flashed a number before saying error, so I am assuming that's it. But I don't even have a guess as to what it was to begin with! I know that weight can fluctuate during the week, but I can't even see that! The hubs took my measurements this week so we can keep track at home that way until I am down enough to be weighed. I figured if I even just show a half an inch loss that it something. He says he can tell I am losing when he hugs me. But I want to be able to tell! The irrational part of my mind is thinking that I am doing this all for nothing because I can't see any progress yet.

I'm trying to stay positive by reading the forum and about everyone's successes. Has there been anyone with close to this much to lose on here?
Oh my - I so wish I had some great words of wisdom for you. That need to quantify our progress is so real. Just know that, every day, you are doing something wonderful for yourself, and that we're all here, cheering you on!

Kelly
Old 04-12-2011, 11:08 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 164/153/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,
Day 11 and I feel really good today. Talked to my doctor about the palpitations. Said to take another magnesium every day (I was only taking one). Thank you all for your feedback and encouragement. This forum has become and awesome support system!
Old 04-12-2011, 11:10 AM   #20  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Happy Tuesday everyone!

Does anyone know how long it takes to get back into ketosis once you have fallen out? I cheated on Saturday after FIL's funeral (too much meat with dinner, non-IP-friendly salad dressing, 2 little dessert squares, alcohol with diet cola). I have been good ever since but as of today, I am still not losing weight (at all) and I suspect that I am still not back in ketosis... any advice on what to do to would be greatly appreciated! Also, would exercise help "burn it off" or would it hinder the process and prevent ketosis?
I have read that your body starts ketosis 48 hours after eating carbs... I think it would take another day or two to see any weight loss.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:11 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Have a great Tuesday everyone!! Will check back later!!
Old 04-12-2011, 11:16 AM   #22  
Started IP 04/02/11

S/C/G: 178/166/135

Height: 5' 0

Hola!!

Busy!Busy!Busy! I have decided to go back to work early from mat leave and have been trying to get everything organized and in order for my little squishy! Ugh....I hope I am making the right decision

The diet is going great ~ tried the butterscotch pudding yesterday, it was very yummy!! A definite keeper

A sprinkling of to all to stay OP

Can't wait until WI# 2 on Friday!!

Have a fantastic Tuesday fellow IPers
Old 04-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #23  
ready to lose it!

S/C/G: 247/231/180

Height: 5' 9"

Hey fellow IP dieters! Just had my first WI today....6 pounds! Does anyone have any recipes they would like to share?

Thanks! <3

Last edited by vballmom; 04-12-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #24  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

WI today and lost 2 pounds. A tiny bit discouraged as my average has been 3, but at least it is a loss. I hope I am not headed for that plateau that some seem to get. Any thoughts on that? Still feel yucky! Maybe I did lose more because I am sure there is at least 5 pounds of mucus and krap in my sinuses!!

Ugh!!
Old 04-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #25  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Hey NannyOgg,

I can feel how frustrated you are. It is motivating to actually see a number that tells you the plan is working. I found a website "old will knott scales" dot com (I typed it this way so it doesn't get censored but get rid of the spaces and quotes)that carry scales that weigh higher than your coach's for between $50 - $100. I don't know if that is doable for you but then you could see your progress. When you are done with it (and you will be) you could "Pay it forward" by donating it to someone else who needs it. If that is too expensive, you could show the site to your coach and maybe they could invest in one for their clinic.
I know you can do this!!! I am so inspired by you. You have such kind words for everyone else. I hope you are saying those same things to yourself. If not...I will!

Lynn
Old 04-12-2011, 11:41 AM   #26  
ready to lose it!

Woo-hoo! you go girl!!
Old 04-12-2011, 11:42 AM   #27  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vballmom View Post
Hey fellow IP dieters! Just had my first WI today....6 pounds! Does anyone have any recipes they would like to share?

Thanks! <3
look at the stickys recipes one and 2, there are tonnes of recipes and a lot very good. also the fun with the packs has recipes as well.. on your wi...
Old 04-12-2011, 11:43 AM   #28  
ready to lose it!

;-)
Old 04-12-2011, 11:44 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'2

Happy Tuesday! Its another day! Only day 2 for me, but I'm motivated. So nice to know there are som many of you doing the same thing!! Keep up the good work!
Old 04-12-2011, 11:46 AM   #30  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

First NSV of the week for me. One of the people where I work, just told me I have lost TONS and Tons of weight.
Closed Thread