Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 06:46 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Monday, 11 April 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - 8-10 April 2011
Old 04-11-2011, 08:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Well its Monday morning...I have weigh in this week on Wed..it would be so wonderful to reach my goal this week..but I know if I don't hit the 4 lbs this week I can grab the rest of it next week...
My husband calls me skinny...thats something I've never heard...
I was told the other day I had a sexy booty...I just laughed...but politely said thank you...
Wow things have changed..I did yard work this weekend and I was tired but I moved so well and walked around the yard....
Its sooooo worth it...all of it...if you get tired and you get bored become inventive..its soooo worth it....

:c arrot:
Old 04-11-2011, 08:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Good monday morning to everyone !
Just wanted to say anyone in the Iowa area and anywhere else that tornadoe touched down, our thoughts are with you, and hoping everyone is ok.

Crazy weather........
Old 04-11-2011, 08:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all, I've been up since 3:30am. Taking an instructor led online course this week and its on London, UK time. Good news is we finish at Noon my time. My plan is to have a shake shortly after I get up,when my stomach wakes up-which was 5 am this morning. If I eat before I am ready I get nauseous for the next several hours-always been like that and I almost always eat breakfast. Then make myself a cup of herbal tea at our first break (6am) have another shake at 9:30-10am (whenever I start to feel hungry) and then eat my lunch veggies when we are done. Dinner will be around 4pm and my snack before bed at 6:30ish pm.

Last night I made my husband cheese nip chicken and cheesy rice-his request. I sauted some pork chops until they were slightly golden and then finished them in the oven-they were just a touch too thick to cook on the stove without overcooking the outside. The pork chops are center cut and very lean. 3 of them were only 8 ounces-they are very small. They didn't absorb much of the oil I cooked them in so I took it and the drippings and drizzled it over my broccoli which made it SOOO savory.
I am probably going to have the same thing tonight since they were only in 'family packs'. My husband will join me this evening, though I think his will be breaded in panko and parm cheese. Still haven't decided on the veggie for dinner-thinking more broccoli. Lunch veggie is going to be some leftover stir-fried veggies. They are a bit spicier than I intended so I need to pick up some iceburg lettuce to help cut the heat so I don't overdo my water.

I ordered some Walden Farm ketcup, BBQ sauce, and chocolate syrup yesterday since I can't find any of those items in a store near me. Most of the stores just have the dressings.

I tried to make the turnip fries last night and they seemed to turn out ok, but I need ketchup to eat them. Since I only did maybe 1/4 of a turnip I saved the rest until my ketchup gets here.

Well out 'lunch' break is almost over. Time to get back to learning.

Last edited by gaya2081; 04-11-2011 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #5  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning all! I am back on 100% protocol this morning after my weekend of planned debuachery (sp). Should be an interesting week!

This week I also plan to get my trainer selected for the gym and start lifting again.

Hope everyone has a great week.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 288/268.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everybody,
I have not been around for what seems like forever.
Work has kept me busy on top of family things and what seems like always being ill.
In any case, I weigh in today for week 12, and in the first 11 weeks I have lost 43lbs. I still have about 100 to lose to reach the ideal number, but I am hoping that I will feel good enough earlier on than 11lbs because I can`t imagine doing this for the rest of 2011!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Good morning everyone! It's a brand new week with a brand new chance to succeed for all of us!

I will have my fourth WI later today but I am not expecting much because it was a rough weekend for me, as some of you may have seen. However, this is a whole new week and a whole new chance to shine even brighter than before!

I found a whole line of products at Walmart yesterday called ProtiLife (they have a .com website but I can't seem to connect). I bought some chicken noodle soup to try it for some variety ($8.60 CAD + tax for a box of 5 packets). If I like it, I will go back and get the beef & vegetable soup to try too. I looked at the bars but they seem to be higher in carbs than the IP ones at my first glance (and in my newbie opinion) and I didn't want to chance it until I am better informed. I am going to get more details on their products and I may add some of these to my IP products for more variety.

I am hoping that by my WI next week, my weight will begin with 15-, that would be so incredibly amazing for me!!! It's hard to believe that it could even be a remote possibility!

We will all do so awesome this week!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-11-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #8  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Good morning everyone! It's a brand new week with a brand new chance to succeed for all of us!

I will have my fourth WI later today but I am not expecting much because it was a rough weekend for me, as some of you may have seen. However, this is a whole new week and a whole new chance to shine even brighter than before!

I found a whole line of products at Walmart yesterday called ProtiLife (they have a .com website but I can't seem to connect). I bought some chicken noodle soup to try it for some variety ($8.60 CAD + tax for a box of 5 packets). If I like it, I will go back and bet the beef & vegetable soup to try too. I looked at the bars but they seem to be higher in carbs than the IP ones at my first glance (and in my newbie opinion) and I didn't want to chance it until I am better informed. I am going to get more details on their products and I may add some of these to my IP products for more variety.

We will all do so awesome this week!
You can also look at nashua dot com and look at proti diet products. Here is a link to the protilife products. Hope they work out for you.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:28 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Well its Monday morning...I have weigh in this week on Wed..it would be so wonderful to reach my goal this week..but I know if I don't hit the 4 lbs this week I can grab the rest of it next week...
My husband calls me skinny...thats something I've never heard...
I was told the other day I had a sexy booty...I just laughed...but politely said thank you...
Wow things have changed..I did yard work this weekend and I was tired but I moved so well and walked around the yard....
Its sooooo worth it...all of it...if you get tired and you get bored become inventive..its soooo worth it....

:c arrot:
Thanks for all your help last week! I was feeling kind of down thinking I didn't lose enough weight for the last 4 weeks. This is a fresh week and I might be one that will lose weight slowly but am keeping it off. Another piece of good news is: I am not snoring anymore~ Who would have thought losing weight could stop one from snoring! Guess the triple chin is down to a double so maybe that is why. Good luck for those who are going to WI today.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
You can also look at nashua dot com and look at proti diet products. Here is a link to the protilife products. Hope they work out for you.
Good for you. They can start calling you the incredible shrinking man~
Old 04-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Good morning and happy monday everyone! Best wishes and good luck on another week to make healthy choices!

I had my 3rd WI Saturday morning and was down another 4lbs to an even 170, and that was even during TOM! I had been expecting to lose only 1 or 2lbs, so I was super excited to see the number. Next Saturday, I should be in the 160s!! It'll be wonderful beyond words to be in that weight range again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I put a peanutbutter thai sauce recipe in recipes 2 link I think about page 23, If you can't find it you can pm me and I will give it to you again.
Thank you so much! Unfortunately I was offline before I read this, so I made up my own, which turned out amazingly well, and my girlfriend loved it! I can't believe I missed your recipe. It's not like it was posted that long ago. But oh well.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:47 AM   #12  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeliever View Post
Good for you. They can start calling you the incredible shrinking man~
Thank you. We are all the INCREDIBLE SHRINKING GROUP! We are all in this together.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:01 AM   #13  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Good morning, everyone!! I'm trying to adjust my attitude after my husband woke me up way too early to take him to work because we intentionally left his car in the church parking lot yesterday (but forgot to pick it up last night). I had to get up, no coffee, go wake my sleeping 2 year old and drive all the way across town in busy traffic to drop him off. Happy Monday! Not.

Now, I just drank my coffee/vanilla RTD iced "latte" and it's going to be a fabulous day!!! I'm determined to do some cleaning and start in to my big Spring organizing projects. Fun fun!

Have a great OP day...
Old 04-11-2011, 10:09 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

i am on day 3! i have had an ip shake and 3 egg whites! i can't wait till my weigh in saturday!
Old 04-11-2011, 10:13 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 240/208/150

Oh. My. Goodness. Yesterday I tried the Peanut Butter Soy Puffs. They have to be the most delicious high protein fake candy product I've ever eaten! Kept them in mind last night at a dinner party where everyone was having gourmet cupcakes. I was sad for a bit, but an hour later I was over it. I mean honestly - getting sad over a cupcake? That's a problem this girl's fixing.

Holly
Closed Thread