Old 04-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #1  

Unhappy I cheated!

I am on day 6, week 1. The first 3 days were torture. Headaches, vomiting, dizzy, sweating. The next 3 days were great. I think I have already lost 6 pounds. I am starving though! I just ate a COOKIE! I was going to just have a bite, but then ate the rest to hide the evidence. What was I thinking?? Am I going to have 3 more days of all those side effects? How will this affect my weight loss?? I totally regret it!! HELP!
ksmjg2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

The harsh truth, it is very likely that you will go through those symptoms again as your body tries to get back into ketosis. This is a no cheat diet. You simply cannot cheat or the diet will not work. Your weight loss will stall for awhile but hopefully you don't go up.

My advice? Just move on! You already ate it so there is nothing you can do about it now. Forgive, forget and continue on with the diet. At least you will see the repercussions of cheating this early on so that you will never want to do it again! Good luck.
Lalison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #3  
Restarting IP 2/14/2014

S/C/G: 279/264/160

Height: 5'6

Everything will be okay!! This is a long journey and you're just starting out.
Honestly, you probably kicked yourself out of ketosis (depending on your body). The best thing to do now is to STAY on protocol, do NOT go on a carb binge. If you do, you'll have a lot more carbs to get out of your system and it will take your liver longer to clean out in order to go back into ketosis. If you go back on now, your symptoms shouldn't be too bad and they will be a lot better than if you binge.
It's difficult, but it's worth it!
TatiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 201.8/180.8/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmjg2011 View Post
I am on day 6, week 1. The first 3 days were torture. Headaches, vomiting, dizzy, sweating. The next 3 days were great. I think I have already lost 6 pounds. I am starving though! I just ate a COOKIE! I was going to just have a bite, but then ate the rest to hide the evidence. What was I thinking?? Am I going to have 3 more days of all those side effects? How will this affect my weight loss?? I totally regret it!! HELP!
The sooner you get back on track and OP the better it will be. Make sure you eat all the packets and veggies you are supposed to have and tomorrow will be a new day. Don't forget to drink all your water too to help flush out the sugar and detox. And no, you probably won't have 3 more days of side effects. All I had was a bad headache, but, it's dusty and windy here too.
GettingItOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:11 PM   #5  

Thanks to all for responding. I am having a hard time, because I have only un appetizing stuff left to eat. Leek soup, chicken soup, rasp jello, pina colada, pink lemondae...etc. I am not fond of the fruity drinks. If I knew I was going to have a vanilla or choc shake, I would not have cheated. I am glad that I can pick what I want next week. I am off to order my food for my weigh-in day. I felt like I got an instant headache after the cookie. I probably caused it myself!
ksmjg2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 201.8/180.8/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmjg2011 View Post
Thanks to all for responding. I am having a hard time, because I have only un appetizing stuff left to eat. Leek soup, chicken soup, rasp jello, pina colada, pink lemondae...etc. I am not fond of the fruity drinks. If I knew I was going to have a vanilla or choc shake, I would not have cheated. I am glad that I can pick what I want next week. I am off to order my food for my weigh-in day. I felt like I got an instant headache after the cookie. I probably caused it myself!
There are foods that some of us really like and others can't stand. I, for one, can't stand any of the soups. I tried them the first two weeks and will never get them again. Others love them and like to use them as a dip for their veggies and tweak them with other spices. I actually like some of the drinks. Try the chile for lunch. I like that and since it's restricted I usually only have it once a week because I like other restricted foods too. It just takes time to find things you like. Many of the veggies on the list I won't eat or can't stand. I rotate what I can tolerate and use some of the recipes I've found on here and now I look forward to eating them. I just have to slice them smaller and do more roasting these days. Keep a record of the foods you like and rotate those. I found that works best for me. I wish you the best. If I can do this I know you can too! This is the first program where I've actually seen the weight and inches fall off quickly and I am usually not hungry.
GettingItOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I just wanted to offer you a

I cheated for the first time today too and I am having the same worrries. I am determined to just get back on that horse and keep riding... and hopefully, not mess up again. I will be stronger still.

I am just hoping that I won't be too sick because of my mess up.

I recommend that you get some "more appetizing" packets as soon as possible.

As mentioned, everyone's tastes are different but I really like the RTD drink boxes (vanilla in the morning and chocolate at night) and I find some of the restricted items are awesome (salt & vinegar ridges, choco-raspberry bars, chocolate covered soy puffs, etc.). I find the soups better when doctored up but I still can't have them every day. I found the omelet quite tasty but can't stomach it first thing in the morning but I love it for lunch with a salad on the weekend! ...and I like both the chili and the spaghetti. I find the cereal really easy to take... I like to sprinkle cinamon on it to mask the powdery texture of the "milk" though.

Hang in there and stay strong.

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-09-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:27 PM   #8  

Height: 5'2"

I also cheated for the first time on the diet.. Also on day 6, we went to my parents for dinner (who don't know I'm on the diet) and I had 2 bites of garlic bread! I felt guilty after I did it and immediately went for a short walk to make myself feel a little better. How do I manage to go to family functions and not eat what is not on my diet?!? My family loves to cook!!!
Keair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I think it's easier to cheat when you don't like the foods you have to eat. I didn't like most have the veggies when I first started. I'm just starting week three but I've found I like turnips, kale chips, zucchini, and cauliflower. I never ate any of those before. Try branching out! And I really think getting things you know you like will help. For me the restricted bars help because when I'm tempted I remember I have one waiting for me! Right now I have made from scratch lemon bars in my kitchen I want one real bad. So I had a peanut bar. It helped! I still want that lemon bar but I'm trying really hard!
I make no promises for tomorrow but all we can do is do our best! Thank God my husband is taking them to work Monday.
AprilH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:09 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/188/132

Height: 5'5

Cheating is so tempting, I have a hard time giving up really high carb stuff like pizza......but the plan is so expensive, I guess thats what keeps me from cheating.......I guess some of these clinics are different because at mine during Phase 1, we can only have the drinks, puddings and the cereal....no soups, bars or any of the other food....they did get a new pudding I tried and its really good...butterscotch......the vanilla and chocolate are awful !!

Last edited by louisianagirl; 04-10-2011 at 12:14 AM.
louisianagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:13 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Eventually you dobt want to cheat, but part of it is not letting yourself get too hungry! Drink your water and make sure to eat on schedule!
Don't beat yourself up. Just do your best and forget the rest ( thanks p90 x)!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:46 AM   #12  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

S/C/G: 212 / 204 / 150

Height: 5'3"

Just wanted to offer you a glimmer of hope..

Ketosis occurs within a wide range of carb intake, it's a very individual thing. So, it's possible you are one of the lucky ones who have a higher upper limit. Just get back on your regular plan and you will be fine.
wurdnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #13  

I have great news: Today is a new day! A fresh start!
Old 04-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #14  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
I have great news: Today is a new day! A fresh start!
Great attitude! All the best today... You can all do this!

One thing that always goes through my head when I am faced with difficult situations: "Don't give up what you want most for what you want now."

I stared down 4 (count'em FOUR) Crumbs cupcakes last night when we had friends over for dinner. I ate a pure protein bar instead. There are 2 still in the house. They will be going in the trash if someone else doesn't eat them soon.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:20 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Great attitude! All the best today... You can all do this!

One thing that always goes through my head when I am faced with difficult situations: "Don't give up what you want most for what you want now."

I stared down 4 (count'em FOUR) Crumbs cupcakes last night when we had friends over for dinner. I ate a pure protein bar instead. There are 2 still in the house. They will be going in the trash if someone else doesn't eat them soon.

Thank you! ...and what a great NSV for you! Way to go!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-10-2011 at 11:20 AM.