Old 04-08-2011, 12:06 PM   #1  

Default Day 2 - Feeling really sick

This is my second day on the program. When I got up this morning I had a headache and felt VERY nauseous. Not just a little uncomfortable but really sick. I decided to go ahead and try to get my shake down. After about 5 minutes of drinking the shake I started to feel a little better. It's an hour later and although better I'm still feeling nausea and I'm a little shaky. Any tip? I don't want to feel like this everyday...Thanks
shinygirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinygirl68 View Post
This is my second day on the program. When I got up this morning I had a headache and felt VERY nauseous. Not just a little uncomfortable but really sick. I decided to go ahead and try to get my shake down. After about 5 minutes of drinking the shake I started to feel a little better. It's an hour later and although better I'm still feeling nausea and I'm a little shaky. Any tip? I don't want to feel like this everyday...Thanks
Hang in there, by day 4, or even tomorrow, you should be feeling much better!
blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:09 PM   #3  
ready to lose it!

S/C/G: 247/231/180

Height: 5' 9"

I'm on day 2 also. I have a headache too. :-( I hope you feel better. I had to eat a bar this morning and take 2 motrin. Everyone says the first 3-4 days are the toughest. Hang in there.

Laurie
vballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:11 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

shinygirl 68 - make sure you're drinking your water. i felt a little like that the first few days, try adding some sea salt to your water too. it gets better, you won't feel like that everyday.

Last edited by waterbaby102; 04-08-2011 at 12:16 PM.
waterbaby102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #5  

Thanks so much for your replies. Getting the water down is really hard this morning. But I am trying. I will add the salt to my water, maybe this will help. I really want this to work so I'm determined to push thru. It helps to have "friends" here that have experienced this and can provide support. Thank you all so much.
shinygirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #6  

I was also going to say make sure you drink your water it really does help, and yes the first 3-4 days are the worse. GL!
rjslilmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #7  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

I echo the advice about water -but stress that you need to get AT LEAST the amount of required sea salt if not more in the first few days - your body's electrolyte balance is shifting drastically with this diet in the first few days - the sea salt will help stabilize that shift. If you need more then the allotted sea salt then take it - I had a horrible headache on days 3 and 4 - ensuring I drank more then the recommended water intake (which for most people is too low) and took more then the recommended amount of sea salt which helped tons. Another thing to try is to eat the packets that have the most protein (soups, puddings, ready to drinks, orange drink,) the higher protein packets will help with fatigue and the overall feeling of hunger (which will still be there) -- If you are on blood pressure medication you are going to want to monitor your blood pressure as well - many on this forum have reported that they have been taken off blood pressure medication because this diet lowered their blood pressure within a few weeks if not a few days.
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #8  
Donna

Height: 5'

I'm also on Day 2, and this morning I didn't feel all that terrific. I went ahead and had my breakfast drink and supplements, water, and got to feeling a little better. I'm having trouble getting the lettuce in. Salads are not my thing if I can't have the good dressing. I'm getting the veggies, just not the lettuce. Glad to find some other people on Day 2. We are all in this together!
SouthernMimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernMimi View Post
I'm also on Day 2, and this morning I didn't feel all that terrific. I went ahead and had my breakfast drink and supplements, water, and got to feeling a little better. I'm having trouble getting the lettuce in. Salads are not my thing if I can't have the good dressing. I'm getting the veggies, just not the lettuce. Glad to find some other people on Day 2. We are all in this together!
The lettuce is just "filler." It helps you feel more full if 4 cups of veggies and 3 packets a day isn't cutting it. Lettuce is unlimited. And I don't usually have any at all.
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I am sorry that you are not feeling well. Hang in there and I hope it will pass for you real soon!

How many potassium supplements are you taking? In the sheets that I got from my coach, it says that if you feel nauseous, you can have 2 potassium supplements (instead of the one that is recommended). The bottle says to "take 1 or 2". I have been taking 2 per day and I find that I feel best when I do!

Also, when I was very headachy, I was told to have some salt but I was at work and did not have my sea salt with me, so I took a bit of table salt and it really helped (check with your coach or take at your own risk).

How many packets are you having a day? If you are having 3, maybe try having 4 instead and see if it helps... or my coach told me that it was important for me not to get hungry. She said that if I got hungry, I could have celery, cooked ham (watch for sugar, sodium and fat) or hard boiled eggs (preferably the whites only.

I will ditto the others on making sure you are getting enough water and remember that you can have coffee (I like to put a bit of the vanilla drink box in mine) or tea as well.

Good luck to you!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-08-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #11  
Donna

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
The lettuce is just "filler." It helps you feel more full if 4 cups of veggies and 3 packets a day isn't cutting it. Lettuce is unlimited. And I don't usually have any at all.
Thanks, Treena. That made me feel better. I first mentioned it to my 'sponsor' and she said I needed to have just a small bowl. You wouldn't believe the gross salads I had yesterday. haha
SouthernMimi is offline   Reply With Quote